Reload this Page >

Batman Begins Deluxe Edition... current release going OOP

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Batman Begins Deluxe Edition... current release going OOP

Old 12-25-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shacmasta
Looks like it's back out of stock over at amazon.com.
Not just out of stock, but they're no longer taking orders for it. I'm glad I got in on time.
Old 12-26-05, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by chemosh6969
Costco has nice deals on DVDs, so that doesn't make sense
Costco charges its customers for the "privilege" of shopping in its stores, which for me is a waste of money in addition to the fact that I loathe the entire concept.

So, yes, I never think of Costco (or Sams Club) for buying DVDs, either. Just like I never consider the overpriced stores like Suncoast, FYE or the soon-to-be-gone Media Play.
Old 12-26-05, 01:46 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Costco charges its customers for the "privilege" of shopping in its stores, which for me is a waste of money in addition to the fact that I loathe the entire concept.
The "privilege" that makes the money worth is the freedom of exchange/refund for electronics. You can basically return, say, a HDTV one year later after it broke down and still get a full refund, considering most manufacturer warranty is only one year.
Old 12-26-05, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep.

I found one copy of this at my local Suncoast for $24.99.

Needless to say, I jumped all over it! =)
Old 12-27-05, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime

So, yes, I never think of Costco (or Sams Club) for buying DVDs, either. Just like I never consider the overpriced stores like Suncoast, FYE or the soon-to-be-gone Media Play.
In my opinion that is a TERRIBLE decision. Costco is a fantastic place for dvd purchases. They consistently have major deals on all kinds of varied titles. They also have the best return policy (on any item in the store) of ANY RETAILER in the nation. You keep the receipt they basically guarantee it FOREVER. Costco also has great deals on big screen tvs, electronics and has RECEIVED MORE XBOX 360s per store than any retailer in the country. Check the video game forum for more on that.
Its certainly your right to choose not to be a member there, but lots of things have small membership fees. Costco is $3 per month roughly. My savings there are far more than that IN GAS, since their gas is cheaper than most regular places. You don't have to shop there, but your missing out, and I recommend to anyone else out there that they try Costco (or Frys, or BJs or even Sams) for a year if you like dvds. But Costco is the best without a doubt, and I have memberships to 3 of them.
Old 12-27-05, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by johnglad
In my opinion that is a TERRIBLE decision. Costco is a fantastic place for dvd purchases. They consistently have major deals on all kinds of varied titles. They also have the best return policy (on any item in the store) of ANY RETAILER in the nation. You keep the receipt they basically guarantee it FOREVER. Costco also has great deals on big screen tvs, electronics and has RECEIVED MORE XBOX 360s per store than any retailer in the country. Check the video game forum for more on that.
Its certainly your right to choose not to be a member there, but lots of things have small membership fees. Costco is $3 per month roughly. My savings there are far more than that IN GAS, since their gas is cheaper than most regular places. You don't have to shop there, but your missing out, and I recommend to anyone else out there that they try Costco (or Frys, or BJs or even Sams) for a year if you like dvds. But Costco is the best without a doubt, and I have memberships to 3 of them.
Off topic.blow hard
Old 12-28-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rrock2
Off topic.blow hard
Old 12-28-05, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnglad
Costco also has great deals on big screen tvs, electronics and has RECEIVED MORE XBOX 360s per store than any retailer in the country.
Not true.

= J
Old 12-28-05, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i have seen this with comic in best buy stores around me as of yesterday.
a full shelf full fo them so maybe its getting restocked again.
Old 12-28-05, 02:11 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by whotony
i have seen this with comic in best buy stores around me as of yesterday.
a full shelf full fo them so maybe its getting restocked again.
Without their exclusive lenticular cover, right?
Old 12-28-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i didnt even notice if it was there or not.
just that a comic was i it.

so i would guess no lent.
Old 12-28-05, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't know why the comic is such a big deal. It actually sucked; especially putting on the cliffhanger so you have to buy the actual reprint to finish the story. If I were them I would have put the original Denny O'neal/Neal Adams Ra's Al Ghul stories for comparison. I'm sure that would have been a better read than what was actually reprinted. Or better yet; given us an extra disc with the TAS episode that closely followed the original Ra's Al Ghul story by Denny O'neal.
Old 01-04-06, 05:59 PM

I am sorry if this has been answered but I picked up the 2 disc deluxe edition at Costco and the comic book included a correction card that read:
Correction:
The credits for the story "The Bat-Man" should read
Writer Bill Finger
Artist Bob Kane

The actual comic credit for the story says
By: Bob Kane

Can someone clear up which version I have??

Thanks much.
Old 01-04-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what do you mean which version?
Old 01-04-06, 06:09 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IIRC, the 2-disc /w Comic edition came in a few variants:

Comic with wrong credits but no correction card
Comic with wrong credits but correction card included
Comic with corrected credits
Old 01-04-06, 06:28 PM

By version I meant this...

"Comic with wrong credits but no correction card
Comic with wrong credits but correction card included
Comic with corrected credits"

Thanks...
Old 01-21-06, 12:04 PM

Batman Begins, Two-Disc Deluxe Edition Problems

I purchased Batman Begins, Two-Disc Deluxe Edition from a local Best Buy in January and Feature Film Disc One played fine. I tried the Special Features Disc Two the next day and I am not able to access any of the special features. When I put it in the DVD player, the movie starts playing (why would any version of the movie be on Disc Two). If I hit Menu, the disc stops playing and I get a blank screen. If I try to step through the chapters of the movie to the end, at a certain point the movie freezes up.

I have tried this disc in four different DVD players and a computer DVD-ROM and get the same results. The disc doesn't have any scratches or visible signs of damage. It's numbered 7Y 73216.2.B VB01 on the hub. There weren't any inserts with the Comic credits corrections in the case.

I can't find anything on the Warner Video website about any problems with this DVD. I guess I will return the DVD to Best Buy this week and try out any replacement in the store before I leave.
Old 01-21-06, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by donebu
I purchased Batman Begins, Two-Disc Deluxe Edition from a local Best Buy in January and Feature Film Disc One played fine. I tried the Special Features Disc Two the next day and I am not able to access any of the special features. When I put it in the DVD player, the movie starts playing (why would any version of the movie be on Disc Two). If I hit Menu, the disc stops playing and I get a blank screen. If I try to step through the chapters of the movie to the end, at a certain point the movie freezes up.

I have tried this disc in four different DVD players and a computer DVD-ROM and get the same results. The disc doesn't have any scratches or visible signs of damage. It's numbered 7Y 73216.2.B VB01 on the hub. There weren't any inserts with the Comic credits corrections in the case.

I can't find anything on the Warner Video website about any problems with this DVD. I guess I will return the DVD to Best Buy this week and try out any replacement in the store before I leave.
I have had, almost, the exact same with my two-disc Batman Begins DVD.

About two weeks ago I found it at my local Target and picked up right away, and like yours the first disc with the film played fine. But when I put in the second disc, the picture went straight to the Batman Begins logo and the words "This disc is dirty" flashed on the screen and I couldn't go anywhere else from that point no matter what buttons I pushed on my remote.

Then I tried the second disc on my portable DVD player, and it was on that where I had the exact same problem as donebu.

I have since went back to that Target and have been able to exchange it for a different copy of Batman Begins only to have the exact same problems on the second disc again. Now that I know that someone else has had the same problems as me with this DVD, I am afraid that I have wasted my money on a defected Batman Begins; but then again, maybe my third try will do the trick but I won't hold my breath.
Old 01-25-06, 08:54 PM

Well, third time wasn't a charm for me. This time I went to a different Target on the other side of Milwaukee to exchange my deluxe edition Batman Begins only to get the exact same problem as my above post. There must be something wrong with whoever manufactured the disc and now I'm just going to try to get my money back. Maybe I should just bite the bullit and get the boring bare-bones Batman Begins DVD so I at least have the actual film.
Old 01-25-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmm, my disk 2 plays fine.
Old 01-26-06, 07:48 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Also fine here. Mine came in a keep case sans comic. Got it from Amazon.
Old 03-26-06, 03:31 PM

donebu and Wizack, I just received the Batman Begins 2-disc Deluxe Edition from Amazon, and I get the EXACT same problems as you guys!!

Basically when I put in Disc 2 (Features disc), i see the FBI warning, then the Warner Brothers intro... then the player complains "Unreadable disc". I even tried putting it into my computer's DVD-ROM, and my PS2... and they both cannot play it. I've also confirmed this with a Panasonic & Sony DVD players.

This has got to be a manufacturing error. Is there something we can do???
Old 03-26-06, 08:56 PM

Since it is a recent purchase just return it to Amazon.
Old 03-29-06, 01:32 AM

To all those who have the same problem with the Batman Begins Deluxe Edition, I want everybody to know that Amazon recognizes this problem. I emailed them about my order (I had received it already), and got a very nice email saying they know about the problem, and they issued an immediate refund to my credit card.

I don't even have to return the DVD, as it's not even worth the shipping cost. Very good customer service. If you're in the same boat, just email them through the HELP page and you'll probably get a refund too.
Old 03-29-06, 01:41 PM
Cool New Member

Crap! I got the original one with the comic book and havent watched the extras yet! Will definitely be doing that this evening. Thanks all for the heads up!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.