DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Orgazmo / Half Baked SEs --> Feb. 15, 2005

Old 11-12-04, 03:36 PM

That sucks.
Old 11-12-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by ShagMan
Orgazmo got rolled back to March 29th as per dvdanswers.com... Sonova!
Which is also the date The Rumor Mill at The Digital Bits has for Paramount's Team America: World Police release. Coincidence?
Old 11-12-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by angryyoungman
Did anyone else see the new cover for Half Baked? It's no surprise why they're rereleasing this now:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...5265&n=1&burl=
Good God, talk about shameless.
Old 11-12-04, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Good God, talk about shameless.
Seriously.
Old 11-13-04, 08:28 PM

Does any other website confirm this push back to March 29th ?

Everything i see but this says Feb. 15th. It would make marketing sense thou since Team America is suppose to come out on March 29.
Old 12-08-04, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been trying to figure out what special features from orgazmodvd.com are included in the upcoming release. I'm hoping they all will be on there, but with only one disc, it seems unlikely. Since both the NC-17 and Unrated versions are on there, (unless they did seamless branching), it seems even more unlikely that they could have the room to fit everything. Here's what I have so far:

Blue = Confirmed
No Highlight = Not Confirmed

From Orgazmodvd.com:
- Three audio commentaries.
Track 1 by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, Dian Bachar, Stan Sawicki, Andy Kemler and Jason McHugh;
Track 2 Maki San, David Dunn, Robyn Rabb, Jason McHugh and Mattt Potter;
Track 3 "South Park" writing staff (Pam Brady, Matt Pregger and Kyle McCulloch), Weird Al Yankovic, Dave Foley, Bob Odenkirk & David Cross (HBO's Mr. Show), Kevin Smith and David Zucker.
DVD Empire mentions a "nude" commentary, not sure if that is one of the ones above

- 40 min documentary "The Book of Orgazmo - Another Testament of Trey Parker" listed at DVD Empire

- 60 min of deleted scenes and outtakes with optional commentary by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, Dian Bahar, Stan Sawicki, Andy Kemler and Jason McHugh. DVD Answers quotes it as "over an hour of hilarious outtakes and deleted scenes", not sure if there is commentary

- Animated Menus Ok, I can't confirm this, we can only hope

These below I have seen no mention of. Not sure if the 16 mm Trailer Deleted scenes will be included in the other deleted scenes
- The original 16 MM and theatrical trailers
- The original EPK (done in character)
- The original EPK (done out of character)
- 16 mm Trailer Deleted Scenes
- Still Gallery
- Chris Stiles Orgazmo Art
- Original Trey Parker Orgazmo Concept Art
- 40 min behind the scenes montage.
- Orgazmo Featurette.
- Easter Eggs

Other information:
Universal Studios website lists both the Theatrical Version (NC-17 1 hour 33 minutes) and the Unrated Version (1 hour 35 minutes) on the same disc.
Other things listed at DVD Empire that weren't listed on orgazmodvd.com:
- Interviews with Creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone (maybe the featurette?)
- Exclusive Interview with the Sensational Adult Film Star Juli Ashton
Old 12-08-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Numes
Universal Studios website lists both the Theatrical Version (NC-17 1 hour 33 minutes) and the Unrated Version (1 hour 35 minutes)
called it!

on the same disc.
That's stupid. If they've already reduced the release to one disc, why would they then put the two versions together? This is stupid. Somebody get Criterion to release this movie, dammit!

What bothers me most is that 'Team America' won't have extras, since they didn't have time, and this release won't have extras because the studio is consistently messing with the release.
Old 12-12-04, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So - is this gonna end up being a flipper?

Maybe I'll wait and see what other countries do with this - like Korea for example.
Old 12-12-04, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So - is this gonna end up being a flipper?
Since Universal is calling it a "single-disc," I'm betting good money it'll be a DVD-14 or a DVD-18.
Old 12-13-04, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

why an NC-17 version AND an unrated version?
Old 12-13-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Well, the theatrical version was NC-17, so they must have added a couple of minutes for the DVD, and they usually don't go through the process of getting it rated again, so it's Unrated. It sounds odd, but it would be the same if the original rating was R, for example.
Old 12-13-04, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Trey Parker re-edited the film several times trying, in vain, to get an R-rating out of the MPAA. [I've heard it said that he took the role in 'Baseketball' to get money to continue editing.] He was unable to get said R-rating and wound up settling for an NC-17. But this would mean that there are multiple longer cuts which would be "unrated".
Old 12-19-04, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just saw this on DavisDVD:
Universal's upcoming Orgazmo: Special Edition will now include both the 93-minute theatrical NC-17 version, as well as the 95-minute unrated cut. At first I thought "seamless branching," but according to the studio's press materials it looks like this will be a rare DVD-18 (dual layer, dual sided) disc. Look for it on March 29th with a retail $19.98.
Old 12-19-04, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Zodo
Universal's upcoming Orgazmo: Special Edition will now include both the 93-minute theatrical NC-17 version, as well as the 95-minute unrated cut. At first I thought "seamless branching," but according to the studio's press materials it looks like this will be a rare DVD-18 (dual layer, dual sided) disc. Look for it on March 29th with a retail $19.98.

It surprises me that they would release unrated version of a film that is already rated NC-17. It is pretty crazy that they are using a DVD-18 disc. I don't know if I own a movies that have a DVD-18 disc. To be honest, none of this news will deter me buying this dvd when it comes out. I love this film and love Trey and Matt's work in general and support them when I can.
Old 12-19-04, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Zodo
Wow. That's actually good news. I would imagine they would split up the special features between both sides of the discs. They did that on Elf (although that was the more conventional 2-disc set). There is hope that most of the special features listed from the web site will be there.
Old 12-19-04, 08:57 AM

It would be great if all the special features listed from the website would be on the dvd release. Here's to hoping. I really would like to hear the David Cross, Bob Odenkirk, Weird Al commentary, it is probably will have some serious laughs.

Last edited by SWR 1; 12-19-04 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-19-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So will the DVD have seamless branching OR will the DVD just have each "version" of the film on each side? What I see from the press materials doesn't list anything about each version being on different sides of the disc. Why not just include the "unrated" cut since that was Parker's true vision before he "tried" to get an R?

Either way, Universal CAN FIT all of Parker/Stone's planned material on a DVD-18. If they don't, shame on Universal.

Goddamnit, why did Universal have to turn into such a shitty DVD studio with their fucking dual sided discs? You know, two discs can fit in a normal keepcase as well!
Old 12-19-04, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would prefer a 2-discer as well, instead of a DVD-18. Universal is probably the WORST DVD company out there right now, so I'm keeping my expectations pretty low for this release. It seems like almost every single disc they release has some sort of error on it. I'm just gonna expect there to be some sort of issue with the disc.

It's really lame that they've got everything ready to go with the disc, and they're just holding out until they can promote it with Team America.
Old 12-19-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I knew it - stupid flipper. Just put it on 2 discs, asses.
Old 01-27-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the cover art:

Old 01-27-05, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sexy.
Old 02-10-05, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Half Baked SE for $12.99 at CC and BB next week.
Old 02-16-05, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone get these?
Old 02-16-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PJsig08
Anyone get these?
I couldn't find them yesterday on my weekly DVD run. It was weird because everything else that was supposed to be released was on the shelves.
Old 02-16-05, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm pretty sure Orgazmo isn't being released until next month. I'm not sure about Half Baked.

Edit: Yes, Orgazmo isn't being released until March 29th

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.