DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Orgazmo / Half Baked SEs --> Feb. 15, 2005

Old 03-29-05, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went through all 30+ copies at Best Buy just now, hoping that they may have gotten both versions, but they were ALL Dual Disc, so I'll wait.
Old 03-29-05, 11:14 AM

http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-de...artner_id=1005
Old 03-29-05, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! I wonder why it says this though:

Number of discs : 1
Number of sides : 1
Number of layers : 2
Old 03-29-05, 11:22 AM

I dont know. But I can assure you that I have the canadian version as they are a canadian site. It is 2 discs for sure. Its also the cheapest I could find Orgazmo.
Old 03-29-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hamburger3
I dont know. But I can assure you that I have the canadian version as they are a canadian site. It is 2 discs for sure. Its also the cheapest I could find Orgazmo.
With First Class shipping, it only came to $17.29 USD for me. The flipper at Best Buy would have been $15.89 with tax, so I think this is a great deal!

You didn't have to select to pay the extra $1 to ship in a box, did you? I figure this is the type of item they'd package anyway.
Old 03-29-05, 11:58 AM

If you dont pay the extra they post out in a padded bag.
Old 03-29-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hamburger3
If you dont pay the extra they post out in a padded bag.
That should be fine (I hope).

Thanks again!
Old 03-29-05, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

In canada the disc is released by alliance atlantis, and they usually port over other studios discs, but for this one, instead of doing a flipper, they did 2 discs instead, which is awesome...usually they are messing discs up rather than improving them!!!!! I'm so glad to FINALLY have this movie in my dvd collection... Cock Rocket!

MATT
Old 03-30-05, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't believe people are bitching about rather having the two-disc set instead of the DVD-18. Granted, I would've preferred a two-disc set than a DVD-18, but I've waited too goddamn long for this flick to come to DVD. Universal could've put the DVD-18 in a paper bag with Orgazmo: SE written with a Sharpie and I would've bought it. I'm just happy that the flick is finally out and that the transfer and audio is top notch.

And P.S. the disc is not a flipper. It is dual-sided, but the term "flipper" refers to DVDs with films that are seperated by the sides (like the original Goodfellas DVD).
Old 03-30-05, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel

And P.S. the disc is not a flipper. It is dual-sided, but the term "flipper" refers to DVDs with films that are seperated by the sides (like the original Goodfellas DVD).
Same thing. I'd still have to "flip" it for the extras.

Ever since I found out that T2 Ultimate Edition also came as a 2-disk version opposed to a dual-sided version, I'll take the 2-disk. Flippers are prone to more problems in the long run.
Old 03-30-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Oh yes, my T2 is completely unplayable now
I'm buying Orgazmo BECAUSE it's a 2-sided disc. I already have the UK DVD so I'd keep that otherwise, I HATE 2-disc sets (unless both discs are 2-sided!)
Check out the new AC/DC video collection for the worst-ever 2-disc set packaging- don't anybody tell me they prefer THAT to a 2-sider!
Old 03-30-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A few friends of mine were telling me about the advance review copy they got, and they said it was a two-disc set, and that surprised me, as I had been consistently hearing the "flipper", or even just dual-layer, thing.

Now I know why, but I still want it as a two-disc if possible.
Old 03-30-05, 04:20 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Universal could've put the DVD-18 in a paper bag with Orgazmo: SE written with a Sharpie and I would've bought it.

Heavens, don't give them any ideas.
Old 03-30-05, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott shelton
Heavens, don't give them any ideas.
Come on man. Flash Gordon: SE in a paper bag?

Errr. I actually like that movie (despite how bad it is). Nevermind.

Okay, how about Dune: SE in a paper bag?
Old 03-31-05, 11:08 AM
Banned

DVDA!!! Hehe. Man this movie rocks. Glad I was finally able to buy it after all these years. Awesome stuff man!
Old 03-31-05, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good movie, but my copy freezes towards the end. After all this wait and I don't get a good copy. Back to Best Buy tomorrow.
Old 04-01-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still having trouble figuring this out -- which version is the one to watch? We allways assume that "unrated" means more good stuff, but in this case "theatrical" was NC-17.

So what are the differences?
Old 04-01-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

from what i have heard on various threads, the unrated version was going to be the version released as an NC-17, but he didn't want an NC-17 so Parker cut 2 minutes from the flick, trying to get an R unsucessfully, so he just stuck with the NC-17.
Old 04-01-05, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now I'm more confused than ever!

So it sounds like the one to watch is the unrated?
Old 04-03-05, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Same thing. I'd still have to "flip" it for the extras.

Ever since I found out that T2 Ultimate Edition also came as a 2-disk version opposed to a dual-sided version, I'll take the 2-disk. Flippers are prone to more problems in the long run.
I know what you're saying, but it's not the same thing. 'Flipper' is a term used to describe discs that have the first half of the film on one side, and the second half on the other side. Orgazmo (and T2) are dual-sided.

You might have to 'flip' the disc to get the extras, but that's not as annoying as having to take out one disc, put it back in the case, take out the next disc, and put it in the player. You're right about them not being as robust as seperate discs, but they should last last a while if handled properly.

In any event, it's a pretty nice release for a relatively unknown film.
Old 04-03-05, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mentasm
I know what you're saying, but it's not the same thing. 'Flipper' is a term used to describe discs that have the first half of the film on one side, and the second half on the other side. Orgazmo (and T2) are dual-sided.

You might have to 'flip' the disc to get the extras, but that's not as annoying as having to take out one disc, put it back in the case, take out the next disc, and put it in the player. You're right about them not being as robust as seperate discs, but they should last last a while if handled properly.

In any event, it's a pretty nice release for a relatively unknown film.
Actually, it annoys me greatly to have a flipper or a dual sided. I have a player that holds two disc so I have to get up instead of hitting the disc select button I have to get uo and eject the disc and flip it over. I am sure alot of people tough in the minority feel the same.
Old 04-03-05, 12:30 PM

A flipper in my opinion is any disc that has any content on both sides of the disc. Revenge of the Nerds has been referred to as a "Flipper Disc" by many people on this website even though all of ROTN is on one side and the other side contains a completely different movie ( ROTN 2 ). Flipper = Dual Sided in my opinion.
Old 04-03-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mentasm

You might have to 'flip' the disc to get the extras, but that's not as annoying as having to take out one disc, put it back in the case, take out the next disc, and put it in the player.
Not if you have a DVD changer like I do. That's the other reason I prefer 2-disc sets. I can just select DISK 2 and not have to get up to flip it.
Old 04-06-05, 08:23 AM

Has it been confirmed that the dvdsoon version of Orgazmo is 2 discs?
Old 04-06-05, 10:33 AM

Yes.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.