DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Orgazmo / Half Baked SEs --> Feb. 15, 2005

Old 11-03-04, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

*Track 3 "South Park" writing staff (Pam Brady, Matt Pregger and Kyle McCulloch), Weird Al Yankovic, Dave Foley, Bob Odenkirk & David Cross (HBO's Mr. Show), Kevin Smith and David Zucker.*

I don't wanna sound gay or anything but I'm totally creaming over the guys in this commentary track. Oh, and unicorns rule!
Old 11-03-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Awesome!!! I can finally watch Orgazmo
Old 11-03-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
*Track 3 "South Park" writing staff (Pam Brady, Matt Pregger and Kyle McCulloch), Weird Al Yankovic, Dave Foley, Bob Odenkirk & David Cross (HBO's Mr. Show), Kevin Smith and David Zucker.*

I don't wanna sound gay or anything but I'm totally creaming over the guys in this commentary track. Oh, and unicorns rule!
Do you really think this is real? Look at the special features, it looks like the ultimate wish list, not something that would (or could) actually be done.

Edit: It sounds like these special features are real, I am amazed and overjoyed! I hope they're on the DVD!

Plus, there's no way they could fit all those special features on 1 disc. I hope they surprise us and give us some of those features, but I am not getting my hopes up at all.

Last edited by Numes; 11-03-04 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-03-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Numes
Do you really think this is real? Look at the special features, it looks like the ultimate wish list, not something that would (or could) actually be done.
Well, first off, those were reported to be the special features Parker and Stone delivered to the company but, moreover, as discussed in other threads, the commentary track you're questioning has been confirmed by various participants listed, so it seems pretty likely. I can understand Parker and Stone releasing that as a joke, but why would, for instance, Kevin Smith go along with the joke? And if he were, wouldn't he come up with a better story than "Oh, I never saw the movie, but the producer is a friend of mine and asked me to contribute to that track because I'm a fan of Parker and Stone."
Old 11-03-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
Well, first off, those were reported to be the special features Parker and Stone delivered to the company but, moreover, as discussed in other threads, the commentary track you're questioning has been confirmed by various participants listed, so it seems pretty likely. I can understand Parker and Stone releasing that as a joke, but why would, for instance, Kevin Smith go along with the joke? And if he were, wouldn't he come up with a better story than "Oh, I never saw the movie, but the producer is a friend of mine and asked me to contribute to that track because I'm a fan of Parker and Stone."
I'm glad you have more information! I've tried to ask if anyone could confirm the special features, but no one had stepped up (except jay77 who speculated it was BS also).

Could you point me to the thread where it discusses the commentary track? I have been following the other Orgazmo thread and don't remember hearing any confirmation about any of the special features, I must have missed it.

I guess I just assumed that Trey and Matt were being ridiculous, it seems like something they would do. I wouldn't expect them to contact everyone on that list and make them go along with the joke, I thought they just posted it.

Last edited by Numes; 11-03-04 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-03-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Look at the special features, it looks like the ultimate wish list, not something that would (or could) actually be done.
I know that, if nothing else, the third commentary was definitely recorded. In fact, it was recorded at Weird Al's house a pretty good while back.
Old 11-03-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Plus, there's no way they could fit all those special features on 1 disc. I hope they surprise us and give us some of those features, but I am not getting my hopes up at all.
Those specs are real, go to orgazmodvd.com They were the specs for the 2-Disc Polygram (?) release and I believe davisdvd.com has pics from all the recording sessions and behind the scenes interviews. They were confirmed by Matt Parker & Trey Stone themselves, if you can't believe the producers of the DVD who can you believe
Old 11-03-04, 10:00 AM

yeah all the commentaries and special features were made for a 2 disc special edition. But who knows what they will have to leave out to make it fit on one disc.

their were suppose to be 3 commentaries, hour of deleted scenes with commentary and bunch of behind the scenes stuff.

i hope the stuff that is left out will be released on the official site.
Old 11-03-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by JJE-187
Those specs are real, go to orgazmodvd.com They were the specs for the 2-Disc Polygram (?) release and I believe davisdvd.com has pics from all the recording sessions and behind the scenes interviews. They were confirmed by Matt Parker & Trey Stone themselves, if you can't believe the producers of the DVD who can you believe
I updated my post

I just want to say that, yes, I know the special features are on orgazmodvd.com (I posted them on page 1). I stupidly assumed that Matt and Trey were going way over the top and posting something that was too crazy to be true! Not that I don't want to believe them, but it just seems like something they would do.

I'm glad I have been proven wrong.
Old 11-03-04, 11:31 AM

Who else wants the deleted scene from the trailer in half baked where brian says "i'm a professional meter hopper" NOT IN THE MOVIE. I hate lines in trailers they take out of finished movie. And yeah i think the NC-17 orgazmo will be the one to get
Old 11-03-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad you have more information! I've tried to ask if anyone could confirm the special features, but no one had stepped up (except jay77 who speculated it was BS also).
My guess would be that they'll drop the forty minute behind the scenes thing but keep the doc and the deleted scenes and all the other little stuff. That should still fit comfortably on one disc; it may be a little tight, but it's not like 'Orgazmo' looks all that good anyway...

Could you point me to the thread where it discusses the commentary track? I have been following the other Orgazmo thread and don't remember hearing any confirmation about any of the special features, I must have missed it.
In lieu of doing so (I feel lazy), let me just sum up; Kevin Smith confirmed on his website that he recorded some comments (not screen-specific), Weird Al has mentioned recording at his house, Trey and Matt did a similar commentary appearance on the 'Kids in the Hall' disc (thus explaining Foley & Thompson), and they were in "Run Ronnie Run" for a second and are definitely friends of Cross and Odenkirk (I think either Dave or Bob also mentioned recording something, not 100% sure on that).
Old 11-05-04, 05:57 PM

i saw this posted on the orgazmo dvd forum by the producer.

"Hey man - there's no crying in Orgazmo okay? Or thats Baseball. I guess there is crying ion Orgazmo and there is Hamster Style tooo!!!

And there are gonna be all those special features just put on a bigger DVD... I guess they have these new larger DVDs that hold more info. I guess there the size of a single frozen pizza and therefore will be able to hold three audio commentaries, deleted scenes and even a GSM mapquest service hosted by Choda Boy!!! So that way if yer watching the DVD while driving in yer SUV and you get lost on your way to the club - just ask Choda Boy for directions!!!

Thats right!!!"

He's got to be kidding me.
Old 11-05-04, 08:48 PM

i'm afraid he's dead serious.
Old 11-06-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's pretty wild that that Orgazmo commentary is for real.

Any ideas on what we can expect in the way of special features on the Half Baked DVD? If it's got a Chapelle commentary, I'm in.
Old 11-10-04, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I see the DVD is up on Amazon.com. Have the final specs been announced yet? I know what the website says, but it would be nice for confirmation.
Old 11-10-04, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's what DavisDVD now lists the specs as:

Universal Home Video has announced final specs for the long-in-coming (pun intended) Orgazmo: Special Edition. The cult film arrives on February 15th in its unrated form with a 1.85 anamorphic transfer, a Dolby Digital stereo track, three audio commentary tracks (including the patented Parker & Stone drunken track and a special appearance by filmmaker Kevin Smith), over an hour of deleted scenes and outtakes, "The Book of Orgazmo" documentary, and "much much" more. Retail will be $19.98

I'd like to see the press release on this though to make sure these are right. If this is going to be a single disc set, how the heck are they going to put all that stuff on there?
Old 11-10-04, 07:32 PM

Old 11-11-04, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not that the original VHS cover of the film was any work of art, but I much prefer the neon orange background to the weird army of Mormons and palm trees.

Also, why have a "special appearance" by Kevin Smith??? I would have much rather seen Bob & David or even Weird Al make it onto the disc than Kevin Smith.

Eh, who am I kidding!? I'd buy this if it only came in limited edition used condom packaging.
Old 11-11-04, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by FatTony
I'd buy this if it only came in limited edition used condom packaging.
That sounds awesome.
Old 11-11-04, 08:12 AM

Did anyone else see the new cover for Half Baked? It's no surprise why they're rereleasing this now:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...5265&n=1&burl=
Old 11-11-04, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by FatTony
Not that the original VHS cover of the film was any work of art, but I much prefer the neon orange background to the weird army of Mormons and palm trees.

Also, why have a "special appearance" by Kevin Smith??? I would have much rather seen Bob & David or even Weird Al make it onto the disc than Kevin Smith.
The special appearance by Kevin Smith is the commentary that we have been talking about (also including the people you mentioned):

Eh, who am I kidding!? I'd buy this if it only came in limited edition used condom packaging.
Old 11-11-04, 08:57 AM

Anyone know the difference between the Unrated and NC-17 versions of Orgazmo?
Old 11-11-04, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Geofferson
Anyone know the difference between the Unrated and NC-17 versions of Orgazmo?
i won't confirm anything, but i think there will only be one version. it would probaby be better marketing to do it as "unrated" due to the NC-17 stigmata.
Old 11-12-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Orgazmo got rolled back to March 29th as per dvdanswers.com... Sonova!
Old 11-12-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Already it gets delayed.... sheesh.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.