DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

LOTR Extended Editions BOX?!!!!

Old 09-29-04, 09:51 PM

Are you sure the cardboard box will be around the "book-like" boxes? There might just be three 4dvds cardboard cases inside that box. I am a nice box junkie myself, but I do think they did a great job with the current boxes, ones of the best IMO.
Old 09-29-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by duff beer
Hah i was just joking about that, i'm not wasting my money on any of the LOTR movies. Overrated.
You should have quit when you were ahead.
Old 09-30-04, 12:58 AM

All I know is I got more than enough enjoyment out of my ordinary, virgian LOTR EE DVD sets to mitigate any additional enjoyment from a stupid big box about ten-thousandfold.

Honestly, would any true fan wait *3 YEARS* to watch the greatest fantasy/sci-fi motion picture trilogy of ALL TIME (yeah, fuck you George Lucas, and fuck your perpetually under pointless reconstruction Star Wars) just for a stupid big box?
Old 09-30-04, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
More like $240 and above
Was it that high? God damn that is crazy. I remember just the box with no DVD's selling for $80 and above. Did it really sell that damn high?
Old 09-30-04, 08:45 AM
Banned

Originally posted by darqleo
Sold mine the other day for about $280 !
Was that just the box with out the DVD's?
Old 09-30-04, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Cornell
All I know is I got more than enough enjoyment out of my ordinary, virgian LOTR EE DVD sets to mitigate any additional enjoyment from a stupid big box about ten-thousandfold.

Honestly, would any true fan wait *3 YEARS* to watch the greatest fantasy/sci-fi motion picture trilogy of ALL TIME (yeah, fuck you George Lucas, and fuck your perpetually under pointless reconstruction Star Wars) just for a stupid big box?
So different from the "reconstruction" of the EE's, right?

Anyway, what the hell does a LOTR box have to do with SW?

I agree that if the box is constructed like the box for the TE's, it is of no concern. I love the EE packaging as is.
Old 09-30-04, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Mr. Cornell

Honestly, would any true fan wait *3 YEARS* to watch the greatest fantasy/sci-fi motion picture trilogy of ALL TIME just for a stupid big box?
Yes. I'm a "true" fan, and I have not picked up any of the EE sets yet. But not because of the box. Why did I wait? Because I have plenty of other discs to purchase and watch. There's always the possibility that plans change and that additional/different material would be available for a EE Trilogy set. And, it would be very frustrating to watch FOTR and TT only to wait a year before being able to watch ROTK.
Old 10-01-04, 09:21 PM

Fans who bought extended editions of the first two films can also take advantage of a special offer to get a slipsleeve for the three extended editions. Those who bought the theatrical version will also be eligible for $5 and $10 rebates on the extended version.
Here
Old 10-01-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by catracho
Here
Even though it is not needed, still is cool that we will be able to buy it!
Old 10-01-04, 11:01 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

where is this offered ( what store), that if you own the previous EE's you can get the box with ROTK EE
Old 10-01-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope they don't expect us to have kept the receipts from two years ago!
Old 10-01-04, 11:21 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

i know, i dont have the receipt, i assume i will be a mail in form, to get the slip case or the rebate from the TE's
Old 10-02-04, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mr. Salty
Well, the difference is that Paul Champagne cases are anodized aluminum.
Oh yeah, Scotty and Bones reinvented that substance in Star Trek IV
Old 10-02-04, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Geeeeez.......I think the pills for this is the way to go. I admit I'll be a double dipping sucker who's buying the ROTK EE when it's released, but all that extra footage is a big difference from jonsing for a piece of cardboard. There are going to be SCADS of these on the market, so just how 'collectible' will they truly be? My shelves REALLY don't mind if they have no ornate box around em........
Old 10-02-04, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Green Jello
THERE'S GONNA BE A SET WITH A STRING!!!??!!! DAMN YOU PETER JACKSON!!!

I wonder if anyone on eBay will sell the string. Is it like nylon, or more like twine? What color is it?

One string to rule them all!
I have a whole ball of it I'm willing to sell. A friend of mine works at the distribution center and kept me in mind. It'll cost you though.....this is virgin, uncut LOTR string ya know!!
Old 10-02-04, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Y'know, this talk about cardboard makes me wonder about the flurry a couple of years ago about the Resevoir Dogs slipcovers. Are the people that bought all five versions still proud of their possessions or wondering why they have five copies of the same movie?
Old 10-02-04, 09:19 AM
Cool New Member

Here
Hmm..anyone knows how do you go about getting the $5 or $10 rebate? I bought the ROTK theatrical edition from Amazon.
Old 10-02-04, 09:37 AM

No problem... It only asks for the little proof of purchase tab... no receipt.
Old 10-02-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Amazon is taking pre-orders for only $23.99. Not bad.
Old 10-02-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here
still no online retailers is offering the box only
Old 10-02-04, 04:56 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

where are are you suppose to get this EE box if you have the other EE's
Old 10-02-04, 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Qui Gon Jim
Anyway, what the hell does a LOTR box have to do with SW?
absolutely nothing. just another cheap way to continue bitching and moaning about sw.
Old 10-02-04, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
Amazon is taking pre-orders for only $23.99. Not bad.
remember u can save 10% with a share the love request. IMO, an excellent system for members of the DVDtalk community. Check it out! DVD Talk STL Forum
Old 10-09-04, 04:40 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, i emailed the aurthor of that article, it's been a week no response, plus i also emailed digitalbits, i need this box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-09-04, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Wow, four pages of nonsense. I agree with the concept that 'if you didnt see this coming, it's your own fault'. I mean, you're going to get the exact three same sets... with a box. Why is a freakin' box that big of a deal? And, if it was that big of a deal, you should have just waited to buy the films. But, you didn't, and now you're crying over it. If you were as major of a box whore as you say you are, you would have realized through nothing other than some rational common sense, that this was going to be released eventually. And at that point, you should have decided if it would be worth it to you, to go buy the EE's NOW, and then buy them again when they go on sale in a nice big box set. It's not like Peter Jackson said 'gee, I think we'll sell just the boxes too!', it's pointless. And he's not going to either. Companies won't be recieving shipments of boxes, as all the boxes will be in use to hold the EE trilogy in a shrink wrapped package. If some dork decides to sell it on ebay, you'll be in luck, if not, either shell out the extra money and swallow your losses or stop bothering us here with 'I want a box, boo hoo hoo' when it was your own fault you didn't wait.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.