Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

LOTR Extended Editions BOX?!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOTR Extended Editions BOX?!!!!

OK....iam sorry to open up a new thread about LOTR...but i think i have to...since it makes me sick that they r going to release a BOX containing ALL the THREE EXTENDED EDITIONS!...damn it! i spent alot of money on FOTR & TTT EXTENDED EDITIONS.....does anyone store will sell the BOX ONLY?..or u guys think that New Line will mail a box to those who got the previous extended editions?

read here
Old 09-27-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Did you expect them not to package the EE's in a box, considering they did it with the theatrical cuts?
Old 09-27-04, 03:08 PM
Banned

If you didn't see this coming, I'm sorry but that's completely your fault.
Old 09-27-04, 03:09 PM
Banned

I like them not being in a box...
Old 09-27-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well..months ago i expected them to do so! but after that...there was this interview with i dunno who..i think he's one of the producers of LOTR...he said there will NO BOX containing all 12-disc n 1 box!! at least not for the next 2 years!....then i see this...
Old 09-27-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the big deal about the box? It'll probably just be some lame cardboard packaging to hold all three together like the Theatrical Boxset. That thing wasn't nothing worth keeping.
Old 09-27-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

...but iam major box whore! i need pills to stop being that!
Old 09-27-04, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Who needs a box when we have bookends ....
Old 09-27-04, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by silentbob007
Who needs a box when we have bookends ....
sorry but what do u mean?
Old 09-27-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by animatedude
sorry but what do u mean?
The bookends that came with FOTR:EE gift set.
Old 09-27-04, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TylerDurden_73
The bookends that came with FOTR:EE gift set.
oh actully iam thinkin' of sellin' my FOTR &TTT EE to get the gift sets!...do u know any online store sells the gifts ONLY?
Old 09-27-04, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
the gifts only? You mean the book end and gollum statue? They were packs in's so I doubt they sold them seperate.

I don't see the big deal in this. Did you really expect them NOT to? I mean come on, even if they did it two years after this you would hear non stop bitching.
Old 09-27-04, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But they'll be just the 3 EEs, or will there be exclusive extras? That would certainly unleash the wrath of previous buyers.
Old 09-27-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
the gifts only? You mean the book end and gollum statue? They were packs in's so I doubt they sold them seperate.

I don't see the big deal in this. Did you really expect them NOT to? I mean come on, even if they did it two years after this you would hear non stop bitching.
why do i feel this is aimin' at me?
Old 09-27-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
uh.. because you mentioned that they said not till two years later. Well really, if they did wait two years to release a cardboard box containing all the EE's. Do you honestly think the fans would not raise hell about it?
Old 09-27-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

...but iam major box whore!
Here's what you do ... wait for the box set to come out, then keep an eye on E-bay. Whenever a box set comes out, people sell the boxes on E-bay. It's not a lot of people, it's usually a small percentage of those who buy the box itself, but 'Rings' will sell a lot, and I'm *sure* there will be people who don't see the point in saving the box.

I myself have sold off two of the Hitchcock boxes I've bought, because the movies weren't chronological anyway, so I didn't need 'em.

With this, I'm kinda in your boat; I wouldn't mind having a nice looking box, uniform color, etc. But, if I decide I want the box, I'll buy it off E-bay; it'd be the cheapest option I can think of (cheaper than selling the two I've got off and buying the box new).
Old 09-27-04, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I still don't understand this. It's a cardboard box. So what? It doesn't enhance the movies themselves, or really help out the packaging. I'd rather have my EE's seperate anyway. To me they look like books that are supposed to be seperate. Just my $0.02 though.
Old 09-27-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ThatGuamGuy
Here's what you do ... wait for the box set to come out, then keep an eye on E-bay. Whenever a box set comes out, people sell the boxes on E-bay. It's not a lot of people, it's usually a small percentage of those who buy the box itself, but 'Rings' will sell a lot, and I'm *sure* there will be people who don't see the point in saving the box.

I myself have sold off two of the Hitchcock boxes I've bought, because the movies weren't chronological anyway, so I didn't need 'em.

With this, I'm kinda in your boat; I wouldn't mind having a nice looking box, uniform color, etc. But, if I decide I want the box, I'll buy it off E-bay; it'd be the cheapest option I can think of (cheaper than selling the two I've got off and buying the box new).
u mean some ppl will sell their LOTR boxes ONLY?
Old 09-27-04, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
u mean some ppl will sell their LOTR boxes ONLY?
What part of his first paragraph did you not understand?
Old 09-27-04, 04:08 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If the box is as flimsy as the one holds the 3 theatrical cut DVDs, then I won't miss it. Considering the box of the indivdual EE is so sturdy, a flimsy outer box will just make the EE look weird.

Anyway, the EEs will look a lot cooler between the bookends
Old 09-27-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"The Return of the King" EX-Ed will be in the same "book-like" box as the first two, right?

I wouldn't want them all crammed into a single big box. They look like volumes in a series now, and that's preferable IMO. That third volume should look great up on the shelf next to the other two.
Old 09-27-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by fumanstan
What part of his first paragraph did you not understand?
i think i understood every part but just want to make sure....do u think ppl will sell their boxes...ONLY the boxes on ebay?
Old 09-27-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

no
Old 09-27-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
The only way to get yourself out of this ridiculous box addiction is to live without the LOTR box. Seriously. Don't buy it off eBay. Just suffer through December, January, and February with no box and see how you handle it. By the time March rolls around, if you still find yourself waking up from nightmares about not owning the box, then take a look on eBay. Most likely you'll find that you really don't miss the box and don't even want it anymore. But you really should try and move away from what is a really silly need for cardboard boxes.
Old 09-27-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ben12
The only way to get yourself out of this ridiculous box addiction is to live without the LOTR box. Seriously. Don't buy it off eBay. Just suffer through December, January, and February with no box and see how you handle it. By the time March rolls around, if you still find yourself waking up from nightmares about not owning the box, then take a look on eBay. Most likely you'll find that you really don't miss the box and don't even want it anymore. But you really should try and move away from what is a really silly need for cardboard boxes.
thanx for your advice dad!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.