Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Matrix Collection details. <- Look, no question mark.

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Ultimate Matrix Collection details. <- Look, no question mark.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think I'll pass and stick with the snapper. Never thought I'd say that.
Old 08-13-04, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
I've got 7...I win!

This boxset will own!
Yeah, I don't have The Matrix Revisited.

And I'm keeping it that way! No matter how reasonably priced the boxset is with it's discs overflowing with awesome special features that I would never get around to watching anyway or how many audio commentaries it has that give me shocking new insight to the world of The Matrix and enhance my viewing of these films in ways I can't even imagine, I'm not buying anymore. Do you hear me?
Old 08-13-04, 03:34 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by fumanstan
*runs and hides from the WARNER DOESNT DO DTS replies*
"When you are ready, you don't have to."
Old 08-13-04, 05:59 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

just put up all my matrix dvd's for sale, got to get this
Old 08-13-04, 07:50 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully they offer the box and the following disks seperately

Disk 4 - The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
Disk 6 - The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
Disk 8 - The Roots of the Matrix
Disk 9 - The Burly Man Chronicles
Disk 10 - The Zion Archive

I have the 3 movies, the Animatrix and Matrix revisited.

That or offer a really good deal on the boxset and/or some kind of tradein promotion.
Old 08-13-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by moocher
No way they release Matrix 1 separately. Many will buy the set just for the remaster.
And many won't... No individual release = no sale. It's that simple. So, if WB wants to rake in some more green (and you know that they do), a stand alone release of The Matrix is needed. Otherwise, like I say, this consumer won't be shelling out a nickel for the box and the execs at WB will be quite mistaken. And do you really think a studio will pass on the opportunity to re-release a DVD for the masses? That the new remaster will be a box set only release? That doesn't make much sense, financially.

Last edited by Johnny Zhivago; 08-13-04 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-13-04, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
well, some of those that are on the fence that just want the first movie may pick it up. They will make more money off of them. Then a year down the road, the may break the set and make even more on the other half that didn't get the box. They will just have to wait.

I for one will pick up the box.
Old 08-13-04, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
Because quite frankly, having the original in a snapper and the other two in 2-disc keep cases is not very attractive in the shelf.
Too bad dvdcoverart.com got taken down. They had a number of nice Matrix keepcase covers there.
Old 08-13-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Johnny Zhivago
And many won't... No individual release = no sale. It's that simple. So, if WB wants to rake in some more green (and you know that they do), a stand alone release of The Matrix is needed. Otherwise, like I say, this consumer won't be shelling out a nickel for the box and the execs at WB will be quite mistaken. And do you really think a studio will pass on the opportunity to re-release a DVD for the masses? That the new remaster will be a box set only release? That doesn't make much sense, financially.
Actually, I think they will follow the model that many have used in the past. That is - release the box set and state that the disks will not be released individually (or remain silent on the issue). Wait a year for everyone to jump on the box, then release the movie disks individually once sales of the box subside. In any case, they will probably only release the movies individually (not the other disks).

IOW, I should have said no way will they release the remaster initially and you may be in for a wait.

Edit: Sorry, Michael Corvin, I just read your post. Mine says basically the same thing as yours...

Last edited by moocher; 08-13-04 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-13-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by moocher
Actually, I think they will follow the model that many have used in the past. That is - release the box set and state that the disks will not be released individually (or remain silent on the issue). Wait a year for everyone to jump on the box, then release the movie disks individually once sales of the box subside. In any case, they will probably only release the movies individually (not the other disks).

IOW, I should have said no way will they release the remaster initially and you may be in for a wait.

Edit: Sorry, Michael Corvin, I just read your post. Mine says basically the same thing as yours...
You (both) might be right about that... If so, no biggie, I'll gladly wait.
Old 08-13-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that this is overkill? How many people were really clamoring for that much extra content for the last two Matrix movies? I would consider buying the first movie again if it were available separately, but to be honest, those last two movies kind of made think a little less about the first one. (I know that really isn't fair to the first movie, but that's how I feel.)
Old 08-13-04, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by clckworang
Am I the only one who thinks that this is overkill? How many people were really clamoring for that much extra content for the last two Matrix movies? I would consider buying the first movie again if it were available separately, but to be honest, those last two movies kind of made think a little less about the first one. (I know that really isn't fair to the first movie, but that's how I feel.)
well, everyone bitched that they were going to wait for hte big box set,and now that the big box set has come out, people are still complaining.
Old 08-13-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by clckworang
While your opinion is certainly shared by many others, the Matrix movies still have quite a following and there are many out there (myself included) that enjoyed the trilogy and hold it in high regard.

The easiest thing to do is compare it to the Alien Quadrilogy. 9 discs... and many questioned whether that was worth buying since they didn't like the last 2 movies while the first 2 were classics. The Matrix is similar, and coming out at an extremely good price as well. I wouldn't call it overkill for this particular series... i mean if they came out with a 20 disc Police Academy Box Set then maybe
Old 08-13-04, 05:47 PM

i don't think it matters if it is necessary or not because i am sure most of the video footage for these extras were filmed during the actually filming of the film and before, in preparation. therefore they had no idea how successful the movies would or would not be. so why not release already shot footage?
Old 08-13-04, 08:51 PM
Banned

I don't care what any of you say. I'm getting it and there's nothing you can do to stop me! Muhahahaha!
Old 08-14-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Before seeing the final info on this, I was planning to get the ultimate set without question. Now I'm pretty torn on this one. Here's the way I see it:

Pros:
- New Matrix transfer
- Great price
- More extensive bonus material

Cons:
- Hate the cheap packaging
- Already own half the discs
- Haven't even watched all the bonus material I currently have LOL

So basically, is it worth it to go through the trouble of selling my current set to pay for the new one? I'll be getting more stuff and a better transfer of The Matrix, but man, I'm gonna hate that packaging, and all the extra stuff doesn't really matter much at this point...
Old 08-14-04, 12:23 AM

I'm kinda glad there is no extended version for RELOADED.

I liked that movie a lot, but hated REVOLUTIONS...

Since 1 and 2 rocked, I'll end up getting the set.
Old 08-14-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I read that none of the extras on the existing releases will be included in the boxset, so looks like I'll be hanging on to my existing copies and buying the boxset!
Old 08-14-04, 12:36 AM
Banned

I'm not getting what those spines are made of. Are these keepcases, slim-packs, or what? I hope the final packaging is different than this.
Old 08-14-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
My guess is that they're digipaks of different sizes. Anyway, i'd wait to judge the packaging... i hope the cardboard is sturdy like the LOTR EE's rather then the Alien Quad flimsy box.
Old 08-14-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey

I'm not getting what those spines are made of. Are these keepcases, slim-packs, or what? I hope the final packaging is different than this.

Check out the Godfather Collection packaging. I fear it will be very similar with digipack casing and with the slipcase being the actual trilogy box.
Old 08-14-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
Yeah, it looks exactly like the Godfather box.

I get so ****ing tired of these expensive boxed sets being put in the cheapest, flimsiest packaging available. And it's almost every damned studio that pulls this shit... Paramout with The Godfather/TNG, Fox with Alien Legacy/Buffy/X-Files, WB with Babylon 5/Matrix, New Line with LOTR Extended Cuts.

Even with meticulous care, these cardboard packages are subject to wear and tear just from sliding them in and out of the slipcases and unfolding them. Before long, they're going to get scuffed up and worn.

What the hell is wrong with KEEPCASES?
Old 08-14-04, 11:54 AM

I was gonna say as well it looks exactly like the GODFATHER box, which I guess is a good thing. Those digipacks aren't exactly strong tho.
Old 08-14-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I the only one pissed about the "recolored" thing for the original Matrix? I wanted them to give it a better transfer, but if it alters the film like that for continuity purposes, then I'm fine with the release I have.
Old 08-14-04, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by AnonomusBob15
Check out the Godfather Collection packaging. I fear it will be very similar with digipack casing and with the slipcase being the actual trilogy box.
Then what's with the thinner looking digipak for Reloaded? Isn't that supposed to be a 2-disc set as well? With Reloaded Revisisted?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.