Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Old 07-01-09, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by undrwrldangel24
Are the Tru Calling/Dark Angel sets in the original packaging or the new keepcase packaging?
I believe it was original packaging (or close) and the two sets are shrink wrapped together with a Cardboard cover stuck to it (with the "double" images as shown in the pictures).
Old 07-01-09, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Is that a yes?
Old 07-01-09, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
IMO, it is one of the top 5 best drama series EVER! If you like Fringe, you'll positively like X-Files. If you hate Fringe, I dunno. I'm not saying the series are similar, but close enough so that the fan base is likely the same... If you haven't watched Fringe either, then I don't know what to say...
I watch Fringe and I like some of it, I guess, like how the beginning of the show always start off with a bang and the remaining part of the show trying to figure out the mystery, but I've heard of good things about the show.
Old 07-01-09, 05:01 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts

Breakdown

would anybody be willing to pick this up for me if they see it and ship to me for about $5.00 or so? please pm if you can help out. thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-09, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Wood Village, OR Wal-Mart has a 5 for $15 rack. I grabbed a copy of "Flags of our Fathers: 2 Disc" and that was it. Mostly crap on there except for Flags, There Will Be Blood and 48 Hours.
Old 07-01-09, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw the display too, but not a lot that caught my eye. Picked up Breakdown, since it has been a while since I've seen it.
Old 07-01-09, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Saw the display too, but not a lot that caught my eye. Picked up Breakdown, since it has been a while since I've seen it.
can ya get me one?
Old 07-03-09, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A big THANK YOU to b2net! I found both Babel and Flags 2-discers (both were the last or only copies) along with Summer School: SE. I definitely wouldn't have gotten these without your post. Thanks man.
Old 07-03-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
A big THANK YOU to b2net! I found both Babel and Flags 2-discers (both were the last or only copies) along with Summer School: SE. I definitely wouldn't have gotten these without your post. Thanks man.
You are absolutely welcome.... Without this forum, I would either have paid a lot more for much of my collection or just not purchased many titles... Glad I could give back a little to my fellow DVD Talkers...
Old 07-03-09, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Breakdown

would anybody be willing to pick this up for me if they see it and ship to me for about $5.00 or so? please pm if you can help out. thanks in advance.
anyone? please...
Old 07-03-09, 04:13 PM

I came back and got "There Will be Blood," "Babel," and "Coach Carter." I could've gotten more but no.
Old 07-03-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found that display today and it was picked dry (other than Hot Rod) but, I dug through the $5 mess (rang up $3) and found one copy of the Babel two disc hidden in there... So, if you're looking, you may want to :shudder: dig in. That dump bin is ridiculous...Floaters and FF everywhere. I kept expecting to find used gum or dentures. Ugh.

Sorry Scott, no Breakdown or I would have picked it up for ya...
Old 07-04-09, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Funny thing is that I dug in the $5 mess and kept finding new releases... split open w/o any DVDs in them... After the 3rd one taking to the employee, I suggested maybe they needed to organize that area a little better....
Old 07-04-09, 05:31 AM

too bad i have everything from the 3 dollar movies (though there will be blood and match point are great deals). well i was interested in getting the 2 disc babel since i only have the single but they only had one and it was a floater.
Old 07-04-09, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
Found that display today and it was picked dry (other than Hot Rod) but, I dug through the $5 mess (rang up $3) and found one copy of the Babel two disc hidden in there... So, if you're looking, you may want to :shudder: dig in. That dump bin is ridiculous...Floaters and FF everywhere. I kept expecting to find used gum or dentures. Ugh.

Sorry Scott, no Breakdown or I would have picked it up for ya...
thanks anyway Johnny!
Old 07-04-09, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Went to a Walmart in Montrose, OH.

In addition to all of those titles for $3, they had Year of the Dog, Shrek 2, Just Like Heaven, and Mission Impossible 3
Old 07-04-09, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by strangetramp
too bad i have everything from the 3 dollar movies (though there will be blood and match point are great deals). well i was interested in getting the 2 disc babel since i only have the single but they only had one and it was a floater.
If I'm desperate getting a DVD I really wanted and there was only one DVD left in the store and it turned out to be a floater, I would take my chances because 95% of the time, the DVD usually works. I've bought some floaters before and when I open the DVD and check the discs, they are as flawless as any new DVD. I don't get why people get so worked up about them.
Old 07-04-09, 10:11 AM

At Walmart in Chesterfield, MO last night and didn't see the display. I asked and he said they were told to take it down yesterday morning. Then he and an employee had a conversation about why Walmart always has them putting out displaying taking them down and then putting them back out later on. It was kind of entertaining, but I really wanted Flags of our Father's 2 Disc, so I wasn't that entertained. I felt like asking if I could look in back, but that would have probably started another long conversation.
Old 07-04-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
If I'm desperate getting a DVD I really wanted and there was only one DVD left in the store and it turned out to be a floater, I would take my chances because 95% of the time, the DVD usually works. I've bought some floaters before and when I open the DVD and check the discs, they are as flawless as any new DVD. I don't get why people get so worked up about them.
I had to take a chance the other day with Babel. Both copies were floaters so I grabbed the one that looked better in the case and opened it when I got home and it looked brand new.
Old 07-04-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by strangetramp
Especially since he already has the 1-disc. All Strangetramp needs is disc 2, so his chances of getting a good disc are that much higher.
Old 07-04-09, 01:26 PM

Picked up:

Babel 2D
Dreamgirls 2D
Blades of Glory
Christmastime in South Park
Stepford Wives (04)
A Mighty Heart

Not bad for 16.20
Old 07-04-09, 02:16 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I went to Wal-Mart today and the 5 for $15 rack was practically empty. All I saw was Shrek 2 (In foolscreen), some Evel Kinevel film, and Nacho Libre (Also in foolscreen).
Old 07-04-09, 04:16 PM

I couldn't find Flags of our Fathers or Babel, so decided on a few other titles.

I got:
Stepford Wives (2004) WS
Summer School (Special Edition)
Jimmy Neutron: Confusion Fusion
Christmas Time in South Park

That Evel Kinevel film is actually the following:
Jackass Presents: Mat Hoffman's Tribute To Evel Knievel
Old 07-04-09, 05:10 PM

yeah, usually i would but i have the single disc anyway so i didn't feel like going through the possibility of having to taking it back.
Old 07-04-09, 11:50 PM

Does anyone know of a way for me to price-match these $3 DVDs at Best Buy?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.