Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Old 07-08-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Weeds season 4 is 14.99 now (same as Amazon). Also saw the restock for $3 titles, including Hairspray with exclusive, Wedding Singer (old), and Babel 2 disc.

Also, in the $5 bin, I noticed the Echo Bridge 4 film sets (Adventure/Disaster) are now in single cases, FWIW.
Old 07-09-09, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A wal-mart I stopped by in San Jose, CA had some new Blu-rays for $10 including Lord of War, Usual Suspects and Robocop. They also had a decently stocked $3 display with There Will Be Blood (ws 1-disc), Shrek 2, Hairspray (w/walmart bonus disc) and other titles previously mentioned in the thread. Not bad at all.

Edit: Babel 2-disc nowhere to be found.

Last edited by pridesticks06; 07-09-09 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-09-09, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
I went back this morning and to my surprise there was one copy of Flags of our Fathers 2-disc edition left.

I don't know if they were holding back and put new titles in the display or what, but I do know that there were no copies of that anywhere in the display before.

The bad thing is the slipcover was in pretty bad shape, plus they put a new UPC# sticker right over the old one which of course ruined the slip-cover.
The only copy of Flags of our Fathers 2 disc that I found at a Walmart didn't have a slip cover at all. I do enjoy how the 1 disc version is a few feet away from the $3 display and selling for $7.50.
Old 07-09-09, 08:54 PM

Hit up Walmart today and found a refreshed $3 display. Picked up:

Hairspray w/Bonus DVD
Babel (2-D CE)
Summer School (Life's a Beach Edition)
Exorcist The Beginning

All but the Exorcist were blind buys for me. I might trade off Babel.
Old 07-10-09, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
I was just going to post those. Saw them this morning. I think there were 1 or 2 others that I don't remember being $10 before.

Finally saw the $3 display today. Almost thought about picking up the Christmas in South Park DVD, but I already have all those episodes on the season sets. Also almost bought There Will Be Blood as a blind-buy, but that packaging bugs me.
Old 07-10-09, 07:39 AM

I'm going to hit the Wal Mart in Quincy, MA today. Hopefully They'll have the Babel 2 disc.
Old 07-10-09, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I was just going to post those. Saw them this morning. I think there were 1 or 2 others that I don't remember being $10 before.

Finally saw the $3 display today. Almost thought about picking up the Christmas in South Park DVD, but I already have all those episodes on the season sets. Also almost bought There Will Be Blood as a blind-buy, but that packaging bugs me.
yeah, though sadly there isn't a dvd release that isn't in a cardboard case for there will be blood. the 2 disc is a little better but not by much (and really the special features are hardly worth it). though i'd definitely suggest getting there will be blood anyway, i'd say its the best film from 2007 and one of the best from the decade.
Old 07-10-09, 04:32 PM

At the Wal Mart in Quincy, MA, I picked up There Will Be Blood, Hairspray, and the 2 Disc Flags of Our Fathers. Not a copy of Babel in sight unfortunately, or I would have gotten that too. They had at least 50 each of Shrek 2 in fullscreen and the 1998 pressing of The Wedding Singer.
Old 07-10-09, 05:14 PM

To anyone who has purchased the 1-disc There Will Be Blood was the disc scratched badly? I was able to come across the $3 display at my local walmart today and it looked as if it's been there for a week cause there was barely anything decent left which doesn't make sense cause i stopped there the day before and it wasn't out yet unless they did not stock it fully. I was mad to not find the summer school SE which i wanted the most. Picked up Sliver (unrated).
Old 07-10-09, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by -TRANCE-
To anyone who has purchased the 1-disc There Will Be Blood was the disc scratched badly? I was able to come across the $3 display at my local walmart today and it looked as if it's been there for a week cause there was barely anything decent left which doesn't make sense cause i stopped there the day before and it wasn't out yet unless they did not stock it fully. I was mad to not find the summer school SE which i wanted the most. Picked up Sliver (unrated).
My copy of TWBB was scratched up a bit. I haven't played it yet, but I don't think it will be a problem. That has to be the crappiest packaging ever.
Old 07-10-09, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by -TRANCE-
Mine had nary a scratch.
Old 07-11-09, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by strangetramp
though i'd definitely suggest getting there will be blood anyway, i'd say its the best film from 2007 and one of the best from the decade.
IMHO, to date, THE best from this decade... But maybe I'm crazy. $3 dollars, shitty packaging and all is a steal.
Old 07-11-09, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
IMHO, to date, THE best from this decade... But maybe I'm crazy. $3 dollars, shitty packaging and all is a steal.
nah, you're not crazy, its surely up there. though i think my favorite of the decade is in the mood for love. also a big fan of the squid and the whale (which big lots occasionally has for 3 dollars) and the 2002 version of solaris (which i've seen in the walmart 5 dollar bin). what deals!
Old 07-11-09, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I never saw the $3 bin at my Walmart, but grabbed a few of the titles mentioned in this thread from the $5 bin and they rang up at $3. It's nice of my Walmart to not label the $3 DVDs, have all the nearby price scanners broken, and for their wonderful self-checkout system which kept requiring me to get overrides to check prices from a person who was rarely around. So I gave up and ended up taking a large stack through the normal line and just buying a few $3 ones. If Jack 'n the Box's old ad slogan was "make life a little easier", my Walmart's slogan could be "make life a lot harder".
Old 07-12-09, 02:27 PM

Is the $3 bin a temporary price reduction, or will it become as static as the $5 bin? I finally went to my local Wal-Mart (Leesville, LA) today to take a look and the $3 bin was well picked over. Anybody looking for "Shrek 2", "The Wedding Singer", or "The Whole Ten Yards" will feel like they've died and gone to heaven, because that's about all that remained in this bin. The only other title I remember seeing was "Hairspray" bundled with the exclusive Wal-Mart disc.
Old 07-12-09, 02:29 PM

I'm under the impression that the $3 display is just a summer thing.
Old 07-12-09, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Which edition of There's Something About Mary has been found?
Old 07-12-09, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abintra
Which edition of There's Something About Mary has been found?
Single FoolScreen Version!
Old 07-12-09, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks. Saved me a trip.
Old 07-12-09, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just saw the X-Files season 1 and 2 in a combo pack for $20. The cases were normal sized and not the slim versions. Does anyone know if they are going to do all nine seasons in that packaging?
Old 07-13-09, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They already have.
Old 07-13-09, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The $3 titles at the Parkesburg, PA store were on endcaps in the regular dvd section. Most were full screen, but did manage to get There Will Be Blood and Breakdown.
Old 07-13-09, 05:15 PM

I saw The Prince of Egypt, in a white case, in the $5 bin. Does anyone know if this is the full version of the DVD with all the features of the original release, rather than some kind of stripped-down version?
Old 07-13-09, 10:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Found HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon" at Okemos, MI Wal-Mart for only $13. Steal of the year for me so far.
Old 07-13-09, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by showalum
Found HBO's "From the Earth to the Moon" at Okemos, MI Wal-Mart for only $13. Steal of the year for me so far.
It's been selling at $11.49 at Amazon.com for a couple of weeks now.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.