DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Old 06-29-09, 02:33 AM
  #51  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,215
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

I saw some dvd 2-packs for $20 such as:

27 Dresses/Bride Wars
Quantum of Solace/Hitman
Taken/Something I can't remember

My apologies, but it was an endcap next to the new Gangster endcap. Saw at 2 different wal-marts while traveling in the NW so definitely YMMV. Might not be a great deal, but if you want both films it's probably reasonable. Also saw the Ex and Shrek 2 w/cd in the $5 bin.
pridesticks06 is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 06:52 AM
  #52  
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 21,582
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Fixed. Just in case anyone thought that hell had frozen over.
That's the HellMOUTH, thank you very much!
creekdipper is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 05:06 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,896
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Here's a few I saw recently (took pictures to remember them).

Two Packs:
$7.50 Ultimate Avengers & Ultimate Avengers 2
$19.96 Stargate SG-1 S1 & Outer Limits S1
$19.96 Angel S1 & Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1
$19.96 Tru Calling & Dark Angel S1
$19.96 Big Valley S1 & S2
$19.96 Young Riders S1 & Magnificent Seven S1
$19.96 Arrested Development S1 & S2
$19.96 In Living Color S1 & S2
$19.96 American Dad S1 & S2
$19.96 King of the Hill S1 & S2
$19.96 Rat Patrol S1 & MASH S1
$19.96 Addams Family S1 & Green Acres S1
$19.96 Roswell S1 & S2
$19.96 X-Files S1 & S2
$19.96 St Elsewhere S1 & Hill Street Blues S1
$19.96 NYPD Blue S1 & the Practice S1
$19.96 Saving Grace S1 & Bones S1

Single items:
$3 Footloose
$3 Dreamgirls 2-Disc Special Edition
$3 Flags of our Fathers 2-Disc Special Edition
$3 Babel 2-Disc Special Edition
$3 Coach Carter
$3 Nacho Libre
$3 Summer School
$3 Just Like Heaven
$3 Mission Imossible III
$10 X-Men Trilogy
$14.96 Star Trek animated Series
$19.96 Smallville S7
$19.96 Supernatural S1
$19.96 Supernatural S2
$19.96 Supernatural S3
$49.96 Star Trek Original Series Remastered (& HD-DVD) S1
$49.96 Star Trek Original Series Remastered S2
$49.96 Star Trek Original Series Remastered S3
b2net is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 05:19 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 6,996
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
$3 Babel 2-Disc Special Edition
Are you positive that it's the 2-disc? I've been looking for that and for $3 it's a steal. Are the $3 dvds in a separate section?
dino88 is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 05:45 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
hasslein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 2,600
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

They also had the South Park Christmas & Breakdown for $3. Didn't see Babe...
hasslein is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 06:11 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,896
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Are you positive that it's the 2-disc? I've been looking for that and for $3 it's a steal. Are the $3 dvds in a separate section?
Yes it was the 2-disc... I have a picture of the 2 Discers (Babel, Flags of Our Fathers, & Dreamgirls) as well as the most of the list I provided (available at http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/s...rt-June09-no1/).

At one Walmart in Town, they were up by the Cash Registers (and seemed to be just opened as it was so full it had titles packed tight)... This one had Babel... The other WalMart I visited had them in the back by the $5 DVDs and the $3 were really picked over....

Last edited by b2net; 06-29-09 at 06:45 PM.
b2net is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 06:51 PM
  #57  
Inane Thread Master
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 35,592
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by hasslein View Post
They also had the South Park Christmas & Breakdown for $3. Didn't see Babe...
"Breakdown" with Kurt Russell? is there a special section for them? i've been wanting this one...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 08:34 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
hasslein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 2,600
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Yes, Kurt Russell. There's a pallet that says 2 for $6... Not all wal marts have them yet.
hasslein is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 09:42 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 6,996
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

I went to WM and no Babel or Flags 2-discers. I'm hoping your store got them early and mine will be coming.
dino88 is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 09:46 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 3,108
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by hasslein View Post
Yes, Kurt Russell. There's a pallet that says 2 for $6... Not all wal marts have them yet.
its only in that Walmart in Van Nuys/Roscoe

4th of July $3 DVDs
xage is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 11:03 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,394
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Dang I am in for Babel at $3
gotrice487 is offline  
Old 06-29-09, 11:13 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,216
Re: Summer School $3

Was Summer School the regular one or SE?
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 12:00 AM
  #63  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 550
Re: Summer School $3

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
Was Summer School the regular one or SE?
Mine had the SE version.
bobwil54 is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 01:04 AM
  #64  
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner
 
Alan Smithee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: USA
Posts: 8,056
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Mine had some music DVDs for $2.50, most of them Wal-Mart exclusives like Bon Jovi and Maroon 5 but they also had Classic Albums: Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell.

Gonna have to check some more stores for those Paramount closeouts now...
Alan Smithee is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 12:11 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,896
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
I went to WM and no Babel or Flags 2-discers. I'm hoping your store got them early and mine will be coming.
That will be good.. Happy Hunting.... I went to other Walmarts in the area and most are already picked over... It is in a display that has US Flags on it... Must be a Fourth of July sale or something...
b2net is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 01:59 PM
  #66  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 169
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Here's a few I saw recently (took pictures to remember them).

Two Packs:
$7.50 Ultimate Avengers & Ultimate Avengers 2
$19.96 Stargate SG-1 S1 & Outer Limits S1
$19.96 Angel S1 & Buffy the Vampire Slayer S1
$19.96 Tru Calling & Dark Angel S1
$19.96 Big Valley S1 & S2
$19.96 Young Riders S1 & Magnificent Seven S1
$19.96 Arrested Development S1 & S2
$19.96 In Living Color S1 & S2
$19.96 American Dad S1 & S2
$19.96 King of the Hill S1 & S2
$19.96 Rat Patrol S1 & MASH S1
$19.96 Addams Family S1 & Green Acres S1
$19.96 Roswell S1 & S2
$19.96 X-Files S1 & S2
$19.96 St Elsewhere S1 & Hill Street Blues S1
$19.96 NYPD Blue S1 & the Practice S1
$19.96 Saving Grace S1 & Bones S1

Single items:
$3 Footloose
$3 Dreamgirls 2-Disc Special Edition
$3 Flags of our Fathers 2-Disc Special Edition
$3 Babel 2-Disc Special Edition
$3 Coach Carter
$3 Nacho Libre
$3 Summer School
$3 Just Like Heaven
$3 Mission Imossible III
$10 X-Men Trilogy
$14.96 Star Trek animated Series
$19.96 Smallville S7
$19.96 Supernatural S1
$19.96 Supernatural S2
$19.96 Supernatural S3
$49.96 Star Trek Original Series Remastered (& HD-DVD) S1
$49.96 Star Trek Original Series Remastered S2
$49.96 Star Trek Original Series Remastered S3

Are the Tru Calling/Dark Angel sets in the original packaging or the new keepcase packaging?

Last edited by undrwrldangel24; 06-30-09 at 02:02 PM.
undrwrldangel24 is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 03:30 PM
  #67  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 591
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Yes it was the 2-disc... I have a picture of the 2 Discers (Babel, Flags of Our Fathers, & Dreamgirls) as well as the most of the list I provided (available at http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/s...rt-June09-no1/).

At one Walmart in Town, they were up by the Cash Registers (and seemed to be just opened as it was so full it had titles packed tight)... This one had Babel... The other WalMart I visited had them in the back by the $5 DVDs and the $3 were really picked over....
@#%[email protected]^[email protected] I'm so going to get the Babel 2-disc set!!!!

Has anybody seen the X-files series? I'm thinking to buy the first two seasons. Is it a good tv show?
moviewizguy is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 03:37 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by undrwrldangel24 View Post
Are the Tru Calling/Dark Angel sets in the original packaging or the new keepcase packaging?
One of each.
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 03:38 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,989
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by moviewizguy View Post

Has anybody seen the X-files series? I'm thinking to buy the first two seasons. Is it a good tv show?
Snowmaker is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 03:51 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,216
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
Mine had some music DVDs for $2.50, most of them Wal-Mart exclusives like Bon Jovi and Maroon 5 but they also had Classic Albums: Meat Loaf Bat Out of Hell.

Gonna have to check some more stores for those Paramount closeouts now...
Didn't have those or I'd probably got them but mine had these (CD these were originally with listed):
I bought these:
Kid Rock (Rock N' Roll Jesus)
John Mellencamp (Freedom Road)
John Fogerty (Revival)
Matchbox Twenty (Greatest Hits CD)
Jason Aldean (Relentless - CMT Pick)
Jason Aldean (Relentless - soundcheck)
Johh Turner (Everything Is Fine - CMT Pick)
Toby Keith (Honkytonk University - CMT Pick)

They also had these but I found them at various flea markets or yard sales:
Julie Roberts (CMT Pick)
Sara Evans (CMT Pick)
Brooks & Dunn (CMT Pick)
Rascal Flatts (CMT Pick)
Toby Keith (2 other CMT Pick DVDs)
Tim McGraw
Fall Out Boy
James Blunt
NeYo

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. No $3 DVDs at this WalMart yet.
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 06-30-09, 07:09 PM
  #71  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 274
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Found the fully-stocked $3 cube display today!
NCC1701E is offline  
Old 07-01-09, 12:10 AM
  #72  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 314
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

I saw the 4 sided display at my local walmart but the sign said $4.. I grabbed a few anyway and they ended up ringing up as $3. I might go back tomorrow and get some more since they had quite a few many, were the same ones from the $4 display I saw there a week ago.
komsik is offline  
Old 07-01-09, 03:42 AM
  #73  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 2,394
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Find one Babel but it was a floater, so I picked up Hot Rod, Year of the Dog and There Will Be Blood for $3 along with Entourage S5 for $19.98
gotrice487 is offline  
Old 07-01-09, 02:52 PM
  #74  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 274
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Went back to WM to pick up Flags of Our Fathers. They only had 5 copies left - 4 of them were floaters!
NCC1701E is offline  
Old 07-01-09, 02:56 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Originally Posted by moviewizguy View Post
@#%[email protected]^[email protected] I'm so going to get the Babel 2-disc set!!!!

Has anybody seen the X-files series? I'm thinking to buy the first two seasons. Is it a good tv show?
IMO, it is one of the top 5 best drama series EVER! If you like Fringe, you'll positively like X-Files. If you hate Fringe, I dunno. I'm not saying the series are similar, but close enough so that the fan base is likely the same... If you haven't watched Fringe either, then I don't know what to say...
kenbenobi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.