Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-09, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Originally Posted by xage
Is "End Of Evangelion" that expensive and rare for a new sealed one?
Not really.
Old 03-29-09, 01:51 AM

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Originally Posted by WTK
As for City Hunter, I still need to find the last season at a reasonable price...
Aw, c'mon-- it's only $600 on Amazon Marketplace. That's a DEAL! LOL

ya, that's gonna be the hardest to get. Sigh.
Old 03-29-09, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by strawberry99
Not really.
Care to share where I could get one at a reasonable price? Im looking specifically for a "brand new, factory sealed - Mangga release - Region1 - End of Evangelion" that goes below $30.00
Old 03-29-09, 09:17 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by strawberry99
Not really.
Care to share where I could get one at a reasonable price? Im looking specifically for a "brand new, factory sealed - Mangga release - Region1 - End of Evangelion" that goes below $30.00
I'm not sure what source strawberry99 is basing that information from. As you (probably) know already, this release along with Death & Rebirth (plus the boxset for both) are OOP. It's unclear whether if Manga Ent. still has the rights to them or not.

It's pretty hard to find brand new copy of End of Evangelion below $30 even with auction sites. You may just have to monitor those sites just in case something cheaper pops up.

And FYI, there will be 4 movies that will be alternate retelling of the TV series. FUNimation has licensed the first one of which should be released late this year. I'm sure they will get the other ones when possible. I would think one movie a year would be plausible.

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance - Premiers in Japan during summer
Rebuild of Evangelion: 3.0 - Not out
Rebuild of Evangelion: Final - Not out
Old 03-29-09, 09:21 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
As for City Hunter, I still need to find the last season at a reasonable price...
Originally Posted by SteelyMag
Aw, c'mon-- it's only $600 on Amazon Marketplace. That's a DEAL! LOL

ya, that's gonna be the hardest to get. Sigh.
I managed to get the third season for very cheap last year from Half.com (~$35). I thought to give a shot with a very vague product description. And it worked out on my end. Who knows I may get lucky and get a reasonable price with the last season.
Old 03-29-09, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I guess the Bestbuy Sale got some sort of an Aftermath effect on me.

Evangelion just entered my world last week (after getting the platinum-perfect-collection at $49.99) having 0 knowledge about the saga and its continuity.

I guess I will continue searching and put my dvd hunting ability to test and obtain the 2 ending movies at low cost.

And thanks WTK for the heads up of the retalling 4part movies which will be under Funimation's flagship

Originally Posted by WTK
I'm not sure what source strawberry99 is basing that information from. As you (probably) know already, this release along with Death & Rebirth (plus the boxset for both) are OOP. It's unclear whether if Manga Ent. still has the rights to them or not.

It's pretty hard to find brand new copy of End of Evangelion below $30 even with auction sites. You may just have to monitor those sites just in case something cheaper pops up.

And FYI, there will be 4 movies that will be alternate retelling of the TV series. FUNimation has licensed the first one of which should be released late this year. I'm sure they will get the other ones when possible. I would think one movie a year would be plausible.

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are [Not] Alone
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance - Premiers in Japan during summer
Rebuild of Evangelion: 3.0 - Not out
Rebuild of Evangelion: Final - Not out
Old 03-30-09, 09:15 AM
WTK

Bright Savings on Shoujo, Josei & Yaoi Manga from Aurora Publishing @ RightStuf.com

Discover bright savings on all shoujo, josei and yaoi manga from Aurora Publishing and its Luv Luv and Deux lines – including new and continuing titles such as Beyond the Twilight, Flock of Angels, Nephilim, Hitohira and much more!

From now through April 1, take 33% OFF the retail prices of all titles from Aurora Publishing! (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: bright
Expires: April 1, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the MSRP on all books from Aurora Publishing. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Bright Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Aurora Publishing items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 03-30-09, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by shawnek
Email me if you don't get a response. I'll see what I can do for you.

Shawne Kleckner
[email protected]
Thank you very much Mr. Kleckner for your offering to help me

RockJack
Old 03-30-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

That's why everybody loves Rightstuf.
Old 03-30-09, 10:32 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Additions / Restocks...
Old 03-30-09, 10:42 PM
WTK

As seen from the main thread...

Limited quantity specials! Over 50% discount! Spring break SALE! @ DVD Pacific

Ends April 2nd at 11:50 PM

Total of 1717 products (of which is decreasing), there are anime titles mixed in...titles may go back to full price once they are backordered.

Last edited by WTK; 03-30-09 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-30-09, 11:27 PM
WTK

Re: As seen from the main thread...

Originally Posted by WTK
Limited quantity specials! Over 50% discount! Spring break SALE! @ DVD Pacific

Ends April 2nd at 11:50 PM

Total of 1717 products (of which is decreasing), there are anime titles mixed in...titles may go back to full price once they are backordered.
EDIT: Price fluctuations may occur on the list below...it has already happened when I put together this list.

ADV FilmsArts MagicBandai Ent.Central Park MediaDiscoteckFUNimationGeneonManga Ent.Media BlastersRight Stuf
Viz Media

Last edited by WTK; 03-30-09 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-30-09, 11:35 PM

Holy crap jesus, the Popotan DVD Box is already SOLD OUT!
Old 03-30-09, 11:44 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by RockJack
Holy crap jesus, the Popotan DVD Box is already SOLD OUT!
That didn't take long. I think there were around 10 copies when I posted those listings...
Old 03-31-09, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
That didn't take long. I think there were around 10 copies when I posted those listings...
I hope there will be a new batch of dvd boxes in the stock (again) soon...like the re-stock of the Shuffle! DVD Box after it was sold out

Btw. the rightstuf website looks broken
Old 03-31-09, 12:15 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by RockJack
Btw. the rightstuf website looks broken
Everything looks normal to me...
Old 03-31-09, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
Everything looks normal to me...
Well the three tabs "Best sellers" and "Hot Preorders" and "New Releases" arent loading properly...looks weird, but ok, i think rightstuf is just changing the website presentation
Old 03-31-09, 10:42 AM

Man, those prices at DVD Planet have definitely gone up on anything that interested me. Too late again!
Old 03-31-09, 03:12 PM

Picked up Darker Than Black, Vol. 2 $10.35 because I couldn't find it B&M. Free shipping. Everything else I wanted got nixed because of the price flux. Why does that happen anyway? Do they change prices that much?
Old 03-31-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I got School Rumble Second Semester Part 2 before the sale price was removed. A few other titles I would have liked to have gotten but the one I really needed was S.R.
Old 03-31-09, 04:53 PM
WTK

Old 03-31-09, 09:41 PM
WTK

B1G1 on Select DVDs @ DeepDiscount.com

Buy 1 movie from the select list of titles and receive 1 of equal or lesser value free. When purchasing multiple movies you will be charged for the higher priced items and those of equal or lesser value will be at no charge. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Prices are subject to change. Offer Ends 4/07/09 at Noon CST. Don’t see your discount? Type in promotion code : B1G1IEG0903 at checkout
Old 03-31-09, 09:45 PM
WTK

Amazon.com
Old 03-31-09, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks WTK for mentioning the B1G1 which includes Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence on Blu-ray. I've been looking for a good price on that one for a while now. I ordered two copies. I'll have one copy to keep and one to sell.