Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Picked up Clannad Collection 1 for $15.

That's it for me...so far.
Old 03-02-09, 10:01 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Regal Savings! Save at Least 25% OFF Books, Graphic Novels & Novels From Digital Manga Publishing @ RightStuf.com

For three days only, score regal savings on books, graphic novels and novels from Digital Manga Publishing (DMP) and its Juné and Doki Doki lines – including fan-favorite and hot new titles such as Princess Princess, Vampire Hunter D, Train*Train, Flower of Life and Osamu Tezuka’s Swallowing the Earth!

From now through March 4, take 25% OFF the retail prices of all titles from Digital Manga Publishing! (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)
How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: regal
Expires: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 33% OFF the MSRP on all books from Digital Manga Publishing. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Regal Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the DMP items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 03-02-09, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got back from Best Buy..

Cowboy Bebop Remix $20
Samurai 7 DVD Box $19
Ergo Proxy Box $25
Black Blood Brothers Box $$18
Le Chevalier D'Eon Box $25
Death Note Box 1 $25
Hellsing Ultimate 1 $9
Hellsing Ultimate 2 $9
Hellsing Ultimate 3 $9
Hellsing Ultimate 4 $9
Afro Samurai (Blu-ray) $10
Afro Samurai Resurrection (Blu-ray) $15
Vexille (Blu-ray) $12.50
Old 03-02-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Perkinsun Dzees
Picked up Clannad Collection 1 for $15.

That's it for me...so far.
I didn't even think to check for this since the release date isn't until tomorrow. I'll definitely look for it on my next trip to BB.
Old 03-02-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Trinity Blood and Speed Grapher misprices at borders.com have been corrected.
Old 03-02-09, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
The Trinity Blood and Speed Grapher misprices at borders.com have been corrected.
Does that mean they will cancel my order for Speed Grapher, if I placed the order with the misprice?
Old 03-02-09, 03:45 PM
Cool New Member

Made another run to a different store at lunch. Picked up

Le Chevalier D'Eon Box
Basilisk Complete
Howl's Moving Castle

I still haven't found The Place Promised in Our Early Days or Voices of a Distant Star but I'll keep looking.
Old 03-02-09, 04:59 PM
WTK

I was going to report this yesterday, but it slipped my mind. In any case, are you ready for some pre-orders?

You can place pre-orders on the computer kiosk (inside your local Best Buy store) with the 50% off discount, but you would have to pay for S/H. This is only on SELECT PRODUCTS. Pricing may also vary from location to location. The pricing should ring up correctly once/if your local store receive the product. However that doesn't work for releases that are past March 20th. Therefore releases with discounted pricing should be considered as price glitches. Take advantage while you still can...

Here are some samples from the MN market (release dates based on BestBuy.com) going up to end of April:

Not actually in-store
Tweeny Witches (OVA): $7.49

3/3
Clannad: Complete Collection 1: $14.99
Wandaba Style: Complete Collection (Re-release): $14.99

3/10
FullMetal Alchemist: Season 2 Collection: $24.99
KenIchi - The Mightiest Disciple: Season 1 Collection, Part 1: $17.99
Kiba: Complete Collection 2: $14.99

3/17
Bakugan Battle Bralwers, Vol.3: $4.99
Berserk: Complete Collection (Remastered): $14.99
Bleach, Vol.15 (regular / BB exclusive): $9.99 each
Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, Vol.3: $7.99
Nighthead Genesis, Vol.3: $7.49
Princess Resurrection: Complete Collection 1: $14.99
Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol.12: $10.99
Yumeria: Complete Collection (Re-release): $14.99

3/24
Baccano!, Vol.2: $10.99
Chrono Crusade: Complete Collection (Re-release): $21.49
Claymore, Vol.4: $10.99

3/31
D.Gray-man: Season 1 Collection, Part 1: $21.49
Dragon Ball Z: Broly Triple Feature (DVD): $10.99
Gravion: Season 1 & 2 Collection (Re-release): $16.49
Negima!?: Complete Collection, Part 2: $21.49
One Piece: Season 1 Collection, Part 4: $17.99
Shigurui - Death Frenzy: Complete Collection (DVD): $21.49
Shuffle!: Complete Collection: $24.99

4/7
Fruits Basket: Complete Collection (Viridian): $17.99
Madlax: Complete Collection (Re-release): $16.49

4/21
Princess Tutu: Complete Collection (Re-release): $16.49
Puni Puni Poemy / Kekko Kamen (Double Feature): $9.99

4/28
Shadow Skill: Complete Collection (Re-release): $16.49
UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie: Season 1 & 2 Collection: $24.99
Old 03-02-09, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
I did not know that K-Mart carried anime. Than again, I can't even recall the last time that I step into their retail chain...
They don't usually. They have a new huge wire rack full of discounted dvd's. Most are Lions Gate titles for $3.99 and $6.99, but for some reason or another, they had the Voltron Set thrown on there with all of that.
Old 03-02-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sooooo pissed that I probably won't get a chance to get to Best Buy again, until this weekend, when they will probably be wiped out of anything decent.

Picked these up today, haven't seen Seven Samurai hope it's good, but for 50% off a Blu-Ray I couldn't pass it up . . .

Hopefully you all can read my receipt, just showing proof that the Blu-Ray set can indeed be had for $35!
Old 03-02-09, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WTK
I was going to report this yesterday, but it slipped my mind. In any case, are you ready for some pre-orders?

You can place pre-orders on the computer kiosk (inside your local Best Buy store) with the 50% off discount, but you would have to pay for S/H. This is only on SELECT PRODUCTS. Pricing may also vary from location to location. The pricing should ring up correctly once/if your local store receive the product. However that doesn't work for releases that are past March 20th. Therefore releases with discounted pricing should be considered as price glitches. Take advantage while you still can...
Awesome discovery, WTK! I can now finish off the re-imagined Negima on the cheap. I'll also grab Berserk and Shuffle. Do you happen to know if the Paniponi Dash Collection that comes out next week is part of the deal?
Old 03-02-09, 05:51 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Awesome discovery, WTK! I can now finish off the re-imagined Negima on the cheap. I'll also grab Berserk and Shuffle. Do you happen to know if the Paniponi Dash Collection that comes out next week is part of the deal?
I'm pretty sure that's not included. Barring any late changes, stores shouldn't be getting this release. It should be an online only item.

Last edited by WTK; 03-02-09 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-02-09, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Thanks.
Old 03-02-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tried it at the BB store with 50% sale here in CA but its not 50% off with the Berserk remaster.

Originally Posted by WTK

Old 03-02-09, 09:16 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by xage
I tried it at the BB store with 50% sale here in CA but its not 50% off with the Berserk remaster.
Good old regional pricing...not much you can do about that. I was able to pre-order it along with a couple other titles. It's worth to check if you have titles you want to pre-order and if you have a store close by plus the time to do so.
Old 03-02-09, 10:41 PM

It may be possible to get those preorders for instore pickup, out of curiosity I checked instore availability for the Negima Season 2 part 2 box. It was going to let me order it for pickup in every store it showed. Unfortionately the nearest participating bestbuy (or any best buy at all for that matter) is over an hour away so I'm not going to be able to check anytime soon.
Old 03-03-09, 01:04 AM
WTK

More FUNimation Bargain Bin Price Drops...@ TRSI
Old 03-03-09, 01:06 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by grune
It may be possible to get those preorders for instore pickup, out of curiosity I checked instore availability for the Negima Season 2 part 2 box. It was going to let me order it for pickup in every store it showed. Unfortionately the nearest participating bestbuy (or any best buy at all for that matter) is over an hour away so I'm not going to be able to check anytime soon.
If you check the release dates, more than half of them would be a no. People should see the 3/3 releases. 3/10 releases should be there do. Most of 3/17 should be there be there as well...MB releases have been all over the place, so they may not show up on time. Everything else is after the sales time frame.
Old 03-03-09, 05:31 AM

Black Lagoon: 1st Season (Steel Book) - $17.99
Code Geass: Part I - $14.99
Code Geass: Part II - $21.49
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (Steel Book) - $10.99
Ghost Slayers Ayashi: Part I (Limited Ed.) - $24.99
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Limited Ed.) - $14.99

Mechanicsburg, PA store is pretty new, so there wasn't a whole lot there. The other store in my area wasn't on that preliminary list that BB put out. Did they ever release an updated one?

Also, how the hell are you supposed to get the discs out of this Black Lagoon set without damaging them? They're bending in all kinds of crazy directions and won't release!

Last edited by RedTail; 03-03-09 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-03-09, 06:19 AM
Cool New Member

Did well yesterday. My BB's anime is basically untapped. Spent $182 total w/ tax.

5 Centimeters per Second - $11 (last one)
Fate/Stay Night Box Set - $25
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time LE - $18
Howl's Moving Castle - $12
Phoenix Complete Collection - $10
Robotech Protoculture Collection - $37 (last one)
Story of Saiunkoku Part 2 - $21.50
Trinity Blood Complete Box Set - $35
Little Nemo - $3.50 (was in anime section and she manually adjusted)
Old 03-03-09, 10:13 AM
Cool New Member

Would kill to find 5 Centimeters per Second 'cus there is no way I'm paying those Amazon Marketplace prices. Still hoping for a Blu-ray release sometime this year.
Old 03-03-09, 10:35 AM

I should have picked up Robotech Protoculture Collection. I think I will make another trip to see if it is still there, and get it if it is.
Old 03-03-09, 10:53 AM
Banned

I should have grabbed Blood+ box set even though its 4:3.
Old 03-03-09, 02:08 PM

Thought I'd take a chance and drive out to a BB about 40 minutes away. I had done some checking on the titles and even though BB.com said they were out of stock, they did have some copies on the shelves.....so (like many have stated) don't always rely on the website when checking quantities on hand at the store.

Anyway....took $200 to blow and picked up:

Moribito 1 (2 disc) - 11.49
School Rumble 2nd SSN 2 - 21.49
Girl Who Leapt Through Time LE - 17.99
Ouran HS Host Club 1st - 21.49
Shonen Onmyouji V3 - 10.99
Negima Box Set VC - 17.99
Black Lagoon 1st Season - 17.99
Full Metal Panic 2nd Raid LE - 24.99
Code Geass Set 2 LE - 21.49
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzu... Complete Box Set - 22.49

Total with Tax: $200.65 (worked out perfectly)!

I was feeling jealous hearing of everyone and their good finds....not anymore. Best of luck to everyone!
Old 03-03-09, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

How did you work off that 65 cents?

I made one more run, this time to the Trumbull, CT store. My haul-

Elemental Gelade Thinpak $24.99(I was waffling on this title, but as always, my greed got the better of me)
Negima OVA $7.49
Clannad $14.99
Akira Blu-ray $17.49
Afro Samurai 1 Blu-ray $9.99(I already have this title, but this was the only way to get them to apply the discount to Akira. I'll return it on my next visit)

Total with tax $79.45

I also took WTK's post to heart and pre-ordered the following at the kiosk-

Negima Season 2, Part 2 $21.49(in-store pick-up)
Berserk Collection $14.99(in-store pick-up)
Shuffle Collection $24.99(plus $2.49 shipping)

Total with tax $67.65

BTW, Paniponi Dash is definitely not part of the sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.