Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Old 03-22-09, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

catched Vexille! Thank yoU!
Old 03-22-09, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

so is there any confirmation as to whether the BB 50% off anime sale has ended in store AND/OR on the in-store kiosk?
Old 03-22-09, 01:18 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
so is there any confirmation as to whether the BB 50% off anime sale has ended in store AND/OR on the in-store kiosk?
Stop by a local BB that had the 50% off sale and you should be able to find out. I will check my local BB probably tomorrow to check on both.
Old 03-22-09, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
I went to my local BB today and all of the 50% off signs were gone. Not sure about the kiosk.
Old 03-22-09, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm heading out to a BB right now. I'll pop on the kiosk and check to see if the prices are still half off. I'll post my findings in a few hours.
Old 03-22-09, 02:50 PM
WTK

A couple quick notes here on BB sendbacks from someone who worked @ BB (posted @ Mania/AoD)...
Our media sendbacks print on wednesdays, so we will know then what is going on. I imagine most, if not all, these titles will be sent back (except the top 20 that Best Buy has yet to determine.) Though it may take them a week or two to decide which titles they are keeping.

These titles were sold below wholesale, so Best Buy lost money on each disc sold. But generally, the publishers usually give the stores credit towards future purchases. I imagine some sort of deal had to be worked out, or else Best Buy would have just shipped these out in mass. Probably a good thing this wasn't Walmart, or that's probably what would have happened. And that would be even worse than what's happenning now.
Old 03-22-09, 04:24 PM
Cool New Member

We have a confirm on BB? I forgot to order Shana and Kaleido star from kiosk when I ordered some stuff yesterday
Old 03-22-09, 04:29 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by firedude328
We have a confirm on BB? I forgot to order Shana and Kaleido star from kiosk when I ordered some stuff yesterday
Sweet Baby James may report/post here later today on whether the sale really ended or not (both in-store and ordering via kiosk). I won't be able to check until tomorrow.
Old 03-22-09, 06:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

It's over, the signs are down, and the Kiosk prices are back to full price.
Old 03-22-09, 06:24 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by wormraper
It's over, the signs are down, and the Kiosk prices are back to full price.
That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old 03-22-09, 08:02 PM
Banned

Big Lots had a bunch of new anime. I picked up CLAMP Double Feature: Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHOLic DVD for 3 bucks. Its $22.50 @ TRSI. They had a bunch of different xxxHolic and Solty Rei (with slipcovers).
Old 03-22-09, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many of the titles were still half off at the Trumbull, CT kiosk. Death Note Season 1, Negima sets, School Rumble sets, Berserk, the upcoming Shuffle set and others were still half off. However, the Pumpkin Scissors sets and Welcome to the NHK sets were back up to $42.99 each. Either the sale only pertains to select titles or they haven't finished updating their system and once they do, all prices will be back to normal.
Old 03-22-09, 10:57 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by junglalien
Big Lots had a bunch of new anime. I picked up CLAMP Double Feature: Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHOLic DVD for 3 bucks. Its $22.50 @ TRSI. They had a bunch of different xxxHolic and Solty Rei (with slipcovers).
That's a great price for the CLAMP Double Feature. Here is the rest of what's reported of the recent additions/restocks...
  • Afro Samurai (Spike / DVD)
  • Animatrix
  • Basilisk, Vol.1
  • BECK, Vol.1, 2
  • CLAMP Double Feature: Tsubasa Chronicles & xxxHOLic
  • FullMetal Alchemist, Vol.12
  • Gunslinger Girl, Vol.2
  • Moon Phase, Vol.1, 2
  • Negima!, Vol.3
  • One Piece Movie 8: Episodes of Alabasta (DVD)
  • Peach Girl, Vol.2
  • Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles (DVD)
  • Samurai 7, Vol.1, 2
  • School Rumble, Vol.1, 5
  • Solty Rei, Vol.1
  • Trinity Blood, Vol.2
  • Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol.2
  • Witchblade, Vol.3
  • xxxHOLiC, Vol.2, 3
Old 03-22-09, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by junglalien
I scored a copy of this too. Awesome price.
Old 03-23-09, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Huh, I haven't hit Big Lots lately. I'd be in for that.
Old 03-23-09, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
That's a great price for the CLAMP Double Feature. Here is the rest of what's reported of the recent additions/restocks...
ooh i've been waiting for news of new Big Lots dumps. i hope i can find more Solty Rei, since yesterday i picked up #4 and #5 at the Navy Exchange for $5 each.
Old 03-23-09, 03:48 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Update
Old 03-23-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

when do big lots shipments come in cuz my big lots cleared out a lot of their dvds as of recent and i guess hasn't put out any of the new stuff yet..
Old 03-23-09, 06:59 PM
WTK

HKFlix Blowout Center

Each Monday afternoon, we post a new selection of 200 blowout titles, at dramatically reduced prices. So check back every week for the latest treats and act fast!

You can filter your results to animation only releases. Keep in mind they sell releases from various regions.
Old 03-24-09, 01:37 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
HKFlix Blowout Center

Each Monday afternoon, we post a new selection of 200 blowout titles, at dramatically reduced prices. So check back every week for the latest treats and act fast!

You can filter your results to animation only releases. Keep in mind they sell releases from various regions.
FREE SHIPPING - 72 HOURS ONLY!
http://www.hkflix.com/coupons/hkflix_1071/?a

For the next 72 hours, place any order at HKFlix and receive Free Economy Shipping on any size order sent within the USA, or Half Price on our regular low low International Standard Shipping rates. Canada's Half Price too, eh!

Simply place your order any time *before* Friday, March 27th. We've got a bunch of great new titles in stock, some crazy blowout DVDs starting at just $0.95, and some incredible pre-orders lined up for you, so now's a great time to lock in the savings and stock up! (Promotion excludes hardware.)
Old 03-24-09, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case anyone missed it, the B1G1 Offer on Select TV titles at DD thread features a fair amount of Anime. I'd try cut and pasting the titles, but not a good idea spending the time here at work
Old 03-24-09, 04:31 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Smorri
Just in case anyone missed it, the B1G1 Offer on Select TV titles at DD thread features a fair amount of Anime. I'd try cut and pasting the titles, but not a good idea spending the time here at work
Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 03-24-09, 04:32 PM
WTK

Anchor Bay / Manga Entertainment B1G1 Sale @ DeepDiscount.com

Buy 1 movie from the select list of titles and receive 1 of equal or lesser value free. When purchasing multiple movies you will be charged for the higher priced items and those of equal or lesser value will be at no charge. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Prices are subject to change. Offer Ends 04/06/09 at Noon CST. Don’t see your discount? Type in promotion code : B1G1ABDTV0903 at checkout
Old 03-24-09, 04:59 PM

they always pick the worst time for this sale, i'm always tapped out from something else going on. i'd like to get both GITS: SAC sets but Best Buy already broke me. at least it ends next month so i can buy them then since i don't have any purchases planned.
Old 03-24-09, 08:12 PM

I have a problem with a TRSi Order.:

I ordered FMA (4 Season Box Sets) about one year ago and today i removed the folio and saw that the dvds had lots of scratches (DVD 3, 4, 5, 7 and 13).

TRSi refuses to take the dvds back and give me a replacement cause i missed the 90-Day-Return-Chance.

What can i do now? Contacting Funimation directly?

I am pissed off

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.