Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09, 08:16 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Originally Posted by RockJack
I have a problem with a TRSi Order.:

I ordered FMA (4 Season Box Sets) about one year ago and today i removed the folio and saw that the dvds had lots of scratches (DVD 3, 4, 5, 7 and 13).

TRSi refuses to take the dvds back and give me a replacement cause i missed the 90-Day-Return-Chance.

What can i do now? Contacting Funimation directly?

I am pissed off
You can try to contact FUNimation and see what happens. Keep in mind that TRSI is not really under obligation to take a year old return (regardless of defect).
Old 03-24-09, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

I know the Best buy anime sale is over, but a friend of mine is still having trouble getting their shipping fee taken care of. I walked them through what i did, but the person told them:

You can only get free shipping if the site claimed that the item was in-stock in a store and that turned out to be wrong. Did I just get someone who doesn't know about the promotion?

I'm thinking that if they placed the order it was because the item wasn't in store. is there a way around this or are they stuck? They tried multiple calls, and no success. I had no trouble whatsoever. What should they say exactly?
Old 03-24-09, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
You can try to contact FUNimation and see what happens. Keep in mind that TRSI is not really under obligation to take a year old return (regardless of defect).
I know but i thought "Why open a brandnew product yet?".

I was too lazy to watch the anime dvds cause i already know the anime. But now i have big problems.

I wrote an email to funimation...i dont have big hopes q_q
Old 03-24-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmoore
I know the Best buy anime sale is over, but a friend of mine is still having trouble getting their shipping fee taken care of. I walked them through what i did, but the person told them:

You can only get free shipping if the site claimed that the item was in-stock in a store and that turned out to be wrong. Did I just get someone who doesn't know about the promotion?

I'm thinking that if they placed the order it was because the item wasn't in store. is there a way around this or are they stuck? They tried multiple calls, and no success. I had no trouble whatsoever. What should they say exactly?
Tell them to try emailing BB via their contact form on their site. I received a positive response to my refund request within two hours.
Old 03-24-09, 10:41 PM

called for them and got it taken care of. the guy was very nice but couldn't spell kiosk.
Old 03-25-09, 09:38 AM
WTK

A couple restocks for yesterday @ TRSI...
Old 03-25-09, 09:46 AM
WTK

Amazon.com - Blu-ray Recap
Old 03-25-09, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

damn...and i thought i got a deal when i got the One Piece BR for half off at BB ($14.99 i think)...guess i know where ill be getting my One Piece BR NOW!
Old 03-25-09, 10:47 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
damn...and i thought i got a deal when i got the One Piece BR for half off at BB ($14.99 i think)...guess i know where ill be getting my One Piece BR NOW!
That doesn't sound right. Regular price from BB should be $17.99. If you gotten the price override, it should be around $9 instead. The price of this release has dropped quite a bit especially with auction sites...
Old 03-25-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

...because it may be damaged / defective or have incorrect or missing discs, so you've now learned.
Old 03-25-09, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
...because it may be damaged / defective or have incorrect or missing discs, so you've now learned.
Nice fees. I "lost" about 100 Dollar cause of the damaged discs. It was of course my fault that i didnt open the DVD Box Sets ealier to report it...

I thought if its sealed/brandnew, the production was OK and somebody was looking for the machines or the products if something wasnt alright...

Well, now i know it...

Last edited by RockJack; 03-25-09 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-25-09, 06:50 PM
WTK

50% off Very Select Bandai Entertainment Titles @ DVDPlanet.com

Last edited by WTK; 03-25-09 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-25-09, 11:09 PM
WTK

B1G1 Sale on Select Geneon Titles (Mostly Singles, Older Catalog Titles) @ TWEC Stores (B&M / YMMV)
It appears that this sale is still ongoing though selection(s) may have dwindled quite a bit.

The other new minor promotion is Save Up to 50% off on Dragon Ball Z titles. Example: Season 1 to 4 are $24.99 each.
Old 03-26-09, 06:18 PM
WTK

TRSI Bargain Bin Additions & Restock...
Old 03-26-09, 07:08 PM

Is Shuffle! worth it? Didnt watch the anime but the review @ ANN doesnt sound good
Old 03-26-09, 07:38 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Bargain Bin / Closeout Items Highlights from RightStuf.com

» RightStuf.com Mega Update
» Weekly Specials
» Bargain Bin: DVD / Book / Others
» Closeout Items
» Movie Packs
» Shawne's Deal of the Day

Highlights - Select Bargain Boxsets
Spoiler:

Highlights - Weekly Specials (Updates on Thursdays)

Last edited by WTK; 04-01-09 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-26-09, 07:45 PM
WTK

Is Shuffle! worth it? Didnt watch the anime but the review @ ANN doesnt sound good
The singles were reviewed here by John. I would take a look if you haven't done so already. If you don't like or hate harem anime, I would pass on this. If you enjoy or really like harem anime, you may want to give a try. The singles are also supposed to include a fold-up poster. Vol.6 artbox includes a Sia panties.
Old 03-26-09, 08:30 PM

I just watched shuffle! a bit (zapping through the episodes) and its a little bit confusing to me. Angels and devils and a boy.

Ok its a harem anime and theres fanservice and stuff but it was hard for me to get the story and to understand the characters.

The jokes were meh and the fanservice was ok...isnt the reference a hentai game for the PC?

At the end its getting much better with drama and development but all in all the anime couldnt chain me.

Thanks for the review-links.
Old 03-26-09, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
It appears that this sale is still ongoing though selection(s) may have dwindled quite a bit.

The other new minor promotion is Save Up to 50% off on Dragon Ball Z titles. Example: Season 1 to 4 are $24.99 each.
went back to FYE today and the promotion is "50% off select Geneon titles." the ones applicable (which are various singles but not anything special) have the blue sign behind them.
Old 03-27-09, 12:42 PM
Cool New Member

I was too lazy to watch the anime dvds cause i already know the anime. But now i have big problems.

I wrote an email to funimation...i dont have big hopes q_q
Email me if you don't get a response. I'll see what I can do for you.

Shawne Kleckner
[email protected]
Old 03-28-09, 02:17 AM

Goodbye Anime Insider.
(check out ToplessRobot or ANN for more info)
Seriously, i think we should start a "Most Expensive Places To Buy Anime" thread and see if that will help solve the buying crisis.

All joking aside, I'm sure we'll all miss this magazine, which has helped our hobby grow over the years.
But for people like us, who buy anime, where do we draw the line? My living room floor is covered with anime right now! How much do i need to keep buying?!

ok, done now. Continue with the deals! I think i have a square foot of space left for that City Hunter Season 3 i need to find (as well as anything else CH related!).
Old 03-28-09, 07:40 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
This got restocked after it sold out. There are 179 copies at the moment. Take advantage while you still can.
Old 03-28-09, 07:44 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by SteelyMag
Goodbye Anime Insider.
(check out ToplessRobot or ANN for more info)
Seriously, i think we should start a "Most Expensive Places To Buy Anime" thread and see if that will help solve the buying crisis.

All joking aside, I'm sure we'll all miss this magazine, which has helped our hobby grow over the years.
But for people like us, who buy anime, where do we draw the line? My living room floor is covered with anime right now! How much do i need to keep buying?!
Print media is on the rapid decline. This is rather sad, but not surprising.
ok, done now. Continue with the deals! I think i have a square foot of space left for that City Hunter Season 3 i need to find (as well as anything else CH related!).
That's why people should try to restrain themselves (or not). I know many overspent with the Best Buy anime clearance sale. Unfortunately overspending is almost part of the hobby.

As for City Hunter, I still need to find the last season at a reasonable price...
Old 03-28-09, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thankfully i spent VERY LITTLE (in comparison to others) on the BB sale...i think my total added up to about $300 w/my keep list being DBZ Seasons 3-8, Freedom (BR), Moribito, Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 1-4, Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Pet Shop of Horrors, Gurren Lagann Part 1 LE, Death Note Vol. 8 and 9 LEs, Code Geass Part 2 LE, Claymore Vol. 1 w/artbox + 2, 3, and 4, D.Grayman Season 1, Death Angel Dokuro Chan, DBGT Seasons 1 & 2, Hellsing Ultimate Vol. 1 LE, Berserk Remastered, Ghost Hunt Seasons 1 & 2, Akira (BR), and Afro Samurai (BR) So im good for a while (tho i always say that and continue to buy more anime..hence the addictiveness of this damn hobby :-D )
Old 03-28-09, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is "End Of Evangelion" that expensive and rare for a new sealed one?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.