Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My-Hime Volume 7 box problem

Originally Posted by WTK
It's more or less a manufacture defect. Most of copies have that defect with variants in wrinkles. BEI had a neat idea on the artbox, but that portion didn't pan out very well.
Ah. Did the same problem befall the My-Otome Volume 1 box and/or the My-Otome Zwei LE boxes?
Old 03-17-09, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

FWIW, Columbia House has added Devil May Cry, Volumes 1 and 2 to go along with the already available Volume 3.
Old 03-17-09, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '09

Picked up few anime box set today.
Dragon Ball Z Season 1/2/3
Dragon Ball Z Brolly Tripple Trouble
Elemental Gelade

Online Ordered
Black Cat Box Set
Speed Grapler Box Set
Death Note Box Set 1
Ah! My goddess Season 1 Box Set
Phoenix Box Set
Kiddy Grade Box Set
Peach Girl Box Set
School Rumble Season 1 Box Set
Softy Rei Box Set
Shadow Skill Box Set
Princess Tutu box set
Madlax box Set
Shuffle! Box Set

Last week Ordered & Instore Picked it up
Area 88 TV Box Set
Ergo Proxy Box Set
Mushi-shi Box Set
Samurai 7 Box Set
Best Student Council Box Set
Desert Punk Box Set
Glass Fleet Box Set
Yu Yu Hakusho Season 1/2/3/4
Shakugan no Shana Box Set

Happy BROKE
Old 03-17-09, 06:17 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: My-Hime Volume 7 box problem

Originally Posted by theguyoverthere
Originally Posted by WTK
It's more or less a manufacture defect. Most of copies have that defect with variants in wrinkles. BEI had a neat idea on the artbox, but that portion didn't pan out very well.
Ah. Did the same problem befall the My-Otome Volume 1 box and/or the My-Otome Zwei LE boxes?
More or less. Like My-HiME, the degree of the defect may vary. My-Otome Zwei box is nothing close to to the two other artboxes...it feels so wasteful. In any case, read this Mania/AoD review to get a better idea on the packaging.
Old 03-17-09, 07:06 PM

So... this 50% off Anime at Best Buy sale ends on the 21st. Has there been any indication of what happens after that? Any educated guesses?

It would be swell if it dropped even further, but for some reason that doesn't seem likely.
Old 03-17-09, 07:12 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Fodder1976
So... this 50% off Anime at Best Buy sale ends on the 21st. Has there been any indication of what happens after that? Any educated guesses?

It would be swell if it dropped even further, but for some reason that doesn't seem likely.
There hasn't been any indications. They could possibly extend the current sale though the advertising and store signage indicate otherwise. They could also send their remaining stock back to their warehouse or back to the manufacturer. I personally don't think it would drop any further in terms of discounts. It just wouldn't make any sense for them to do it financially.
Old 03-17-09, 09:47 PM

I hope other shops like TRSi will do something like that too for all the guys in europe.

Its pretty crap that i cant go to bestbuy cause i am not living in the US.
Old 03-17-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you guys who purchased the new Berserk set notice whether there was a white security sticker at the top (underneath the shrink-wrap)? Mine didn't have one, and I thought it was weird.
Old 03-17-09, 10:15 PM
Cool New Member

I've got black blood brothers complete series,moribito,dbz season1-8,dbz broly movie pack,tree of might/lord slug,dead zone/world strongest,trunks/bardock,cowboy bebop remix collection, tsubasa season 1,phoenix, afro samurai resurrection, yuyu haku sho season 4 ,& super android 13/ bojack,
Old 03-17-09, 11:07 PM
WTK

Look for regular mail for the next set of coupons from Half Price Books (B&M / YMMV) (March 25th - Mach 31st)
  • 40% off any single item (March 25 - 26)
  • 20% off any single item (March 27 - 28)
  • 50% off any single item (March 29)
  • 30% off any single item (March 30 - 31)
Old 03-17-09, 11:31 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster
Did you guys who purchased the new Berserk set notice whether there was a white security sticker at the top (underneath the shrink-wrap)? Mine didn't have one, and I thought it was weird.
More and more anime release are done that way now. MB released ones are a bit sporadic on this. Same thing can be said for quite a few of the recent ADV/Sentai Filmworks releases. It shouldn't be anything you shouldn't be worried about since this is a new/recent release. If it's aging/dated release, they it may have a possibility of being a returned merchandise.
Old 03-18-09, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ghostbuster
I just received it in the mail(a kiosk order) and there wasn't a sticker at the top. As WTK posted, I wouldn't worry about it since it's a new release.
Old 03-18-09, 06:21 PM
WTK

BestBuy.com / Best Buy (B&M Pick-up)
Old 03-18-09, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked up Princess Resurrection at BB today for $14.99. I'll have to pick up Part 2 during the DD sale in June because the price at the kiosk is $34.99. That goes for Part 2 of Clannad as well.
Old 03-19-09, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by RockJack
I hope other shops like TRSi will do something like that too for all the guys in europe.

Its pretty crap that i cant go to bestbuy cause i am not living in the US.
Well I live in the US and none of the 6 Best Buys near me are taking part in this sale. Sucks.
Old 03-19-09, 09:13 AM
WTK

Lock on to Savings From Bandai Entertainment @ RightStuf.com

Lock on to stellar savings on DVDs and CDs from Bandai Entertainment – including titles with everything from mecha battles (Gundam 00, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass) to adventure and comedy (Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Wolf’s Rain, Lucky Star).

From now through March 30, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and CDs from Bandai Entertainment. (This includes items that are in-stock, pre-order and on-order!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: lockonsavings
Expires: Monday, March 30, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and CDs from Bandai Entertainment. Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Lock on to Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 03-19-09, 07:30 PM
WTK

BookCloseouts.com

...I don't see anime titles, but there are currently 972 manga titles.
We are having a MASSIVE sale on all our individual MANGA and ANIME Titles!

Over 700 popular individual Manga & Anime books, have been drastically reduced to only $0.99 each. This limited time sale includes popular titles such as Cowboy Bebop, Gundam, Tokyo Babylon, Dragon Knights and more!

Many of these titles regularly retail for $9.99 or more, but you can get them all right here for only $0.99 each until March 26th

Take advantage of this amazing sale event!
Click here to view the complete collection and look for the

Remember, inventory is limited and the sale ends March 26th so do not delay.
Old 03-20-09, 02:09 AM

I love bookcloseouts!
But, i just made 3 orders in these past two months with them. One being last week. NOW they have a sale! Oh well.

Great way to buy large-volume sets! Fruits Basket, Rebirth, RG Veda, Faeries' Landing, etc.

Buy $35 worth of books and receive a $5 discount
Coupon : magic
Password: bookcloseouts.com
Exp. 8-31-09

*i don't know if the coupon will work with the sale, but it's worth a try!*
Old 03-20-09, 08:45 AM
WTK

Buy.com

New Bill Me Later® customers get $15 off $50.

Start date: 3/20/09 at 12:01AM Pacific Time. Expiration date: 3/31/09 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time.
Old 03-20-09, 08:54 AM

Buy $35 worth of books and receive a $5 discount
Coupon : magic
Password: bookcloseouts.com
Exp. 8-31-09

*i don't know if the coupon will work with the sale, but it's worth a try!*
Thanks SteelyMag, the coupon definitely works. I just used it. Now to figure out where to put 50 graphic novels.
Old 03-21-09, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I picked up Princess Resurrection at BB today for $14.99. I'll have to pick up Part 2 during the DD sale in June because the price at the kiosk is $34.99. That goes for Part 2 of Clannad as well.
SBJ, what's the DD sale? I mean the terms - I can't find anything on an anime sale there in June.

Last edited by beanjer; 03-21-09 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-21-09, 07:50 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by beanjer
SBJ, what's the DD sale? I mean the terms - I can't find anything on an anime sale there in June.
DeepDiscount.com's 20% or 25% sale. They have 2 sales a year. The last one was 25% off. The ones before were 20% off. The next sale should be in June.
Old 03-22-09, 09:51 AM
WTK

BestBuy.com / Best Buy (B&M Pick-up)
Old 03-22-09, 11:14 AM

Some blu-ray anime on sale at Amazon, roughly half off:

Afro-Samurai Seas 1
Robotech the Shadow Chronicles
Vexille
Deadspace
Various DragonballZ disks

May be the last day for it though.
Old 03-22-09, 11:34 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by beanjer
Some blu-ray anime on sale at Amazon, roughly half off:

Afro-Samurai Seas 1
Robotech the Shadow Chronicles
Vexille
Deadspace
Various DragonballZ disks

May be the last day for it though.
Thanks, but this was mentioned earlier this month. It can be found here and it's also tacked on the first post. And today is the last day for this sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.