DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/534558-24-all-six-seasons-%2427-total-bestbuy-instore.html)

dvd182 06-30-08 10:38 AM

Worked for me this morning. They pulled the tins from the 24 arrangement in the Fox area, but I found one in the normal TV on DVD section.

latenightcreepa 06-30-08 10:46 AM

Got All 6 Seasons For $29.27 Here In Texas.....thanks For Letting Me Know About The Deal. The Cashier Was Like "i Can Tell You Are A Big Fan Of 24 And This Gonna Cost You Some Money". I Just Looked At Her And Laughed. She Then Scanned The Box Sets And Used The Coupon And Press Yes To Use The Discount On All The Dvd Sets And "boom" A Dramatic Drop Price Total. She Was Amazed And Told Me "have A Nice Day You Lucky Man"....lol....classic!!

docdoowop 06-30-08 10:47 AM

:shrug: Wish I could say I like the show....it's a helluva deal.

tonymontana313 06-30-08 10:48 AM

Best deal I've ever had! OP, you should get some serious votes for Bargain of the Year!

drmoze 06-30-08 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by kyle
You may want to do that to reserve, but then return and re-buy as they need to apply the coupon in order to get the extra savings.

How do you 'reserve' a copy online for in-store pickup? My local BB has everything but season 5, and they have to be bought together. I'd like to reserve a season 5 copy and pick up 1-6 with the coupon when they get season 5 in.

Ginwen 06-30-08 11:01 AM

No in-store pickup available around me, so I just got 1 and 6 online. Paid about what you guys are paying for all 6 ($4 shipping), but still a good deal for me, don't really need 2-5 since I can't be bothered with selling stuff online, and I don't have to waste my time and gas driving around looking for this in-store. So thanks OP even though I didn't do the full deal since it was still a good deal.

atari2600 06-30-08 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
I don't see why there should be any animosity towards the BBB post guy.

He is completely in the right. He went into a BBB-accredited establishment, attempted to make a lawful purchase with a coupon from their very establishment, a coupon with very clear offer that can be understood by anyone with an eight-grade reading level, and was refused the proper service [honouring of their OWN coupon]. He has every right to file a compliant. It isn't frivolous in any way. And it's not about what item it is or isn't --- Best Buy doesn't carry stoves or "refridgerators" [sic], so does that mean that their talking monkeys with name tags that say MANAGER above their names should never be accountable for their actions? That Best Buy should never be held accountable for providing fair and equitable business/service?

E

agreed.

darthdelegate 06-30-08 11:29 AM

Although I still need Season 6 and I don't have the 24 Season 1 tin set, I think I'll wait for 24 to come out on blu-ray.

jPoD_TGN 06-30-08 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by MikeDeN2K
Did it today, it worked. :)

Springfield I assume? I have a weird feeling it won't work at King of Prussia :/

RustyOrgan 06-30-08 11:50 AM

Just checked out a couple stores in Northern, VA - Had them check to see which locations had the tin. Most stores had 1 or 2 copies left BUT those at the locations i stopped at WERE MISSING THE COUPONS! If you're in NoVa looking to get in on this, I hate to break it to you but I just wasted the morning with nothing to show :( Oh well... Great find OP!

Raw_and_Vital 06-30-08 11:52 AM

How can BB pull the tins from the shelves?!?! If I saw them do this with my own eyes, i'd seriously start swinging...

I tried to get in on it this morning, they didn't have the tin avail. BUT, I did a in store pickup in my area and I found a place that does!!! Going right after work...

Think I would be able to buy 2 sets? My girlfriends mother loves the show and would like the series i'm sure...

MikeDeN2K 06-30-08 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jPoD_TGN
Springfield I assume? I have a weird feeling it won't work at King of Prussia :/

Concord Pike, actually. That was the only place in the area with Season 1 listed as in stock, and now it's listed as out of stock.

Raw_and_Vital 06-30-08 11:55 AM

Also, I can care less about the coupons. They actually had a sign on the rack that said purchase SE season 1 and get 15 dollars off each season... So if they are missing coupons, there is going to be a major problem!

Jtnguyen12 06-30-08 12:05 PM

No go! my local BB have season 2-6 but no season 1 w/ Tin Box. Without season 1 Tin box is no deal :(

ASAPadam 06-30-08 12:06 PM

I should've seen this coming. I ordered Seasons 1 and 6 yesterday for in-store pickup, went to pick them up today and they gave me the regular edition of Season 1, not the special edition (which was nowhere to be found in the store).

17 minutes(!!) and four blueshirts later (including two managers), they canceled the order and gave me a $10 gift card after I demanded some sort of credit for their screwing up the order.

And I just ordered the DVDs from Amazon.

My Other Self 06-30-08 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by ASAPadam
17 minutes(!!) and four blueshirts later (including two managers), they canceled the order and gave me a $10 gift card after I demanded some sort of credit for their screwing up the order.

Wow. I always have problems with Best Buy to some extent (this occasion being a rare no-hassle trip), and I've NEVER gotten a gift card out of them. You must've raised hell. :D

JackBurton 06-30-08 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Just checked out a couple stores in Northern, VA - Had them check to see which locations had the tin. Most stores had 1 or 2 copies left BUT those at the locations i stopped at WERE MISSING THE COUPONS! If you're in NoVa looking to get in on this, I hate to break it to you but I just wasted the morning with nothing to show :( Oh well... Great find OP!

Thanks for saving me a trip, RustyOrgan. I was considering this deal, but I've never seen a single episode of the show before. Probably just as well, I leave it for a fan of the show and Netflix a season before I buy. Looks like a great deal though, congrats to all who get in on it.

excom101 06-30-08 12:22 PM

No copies of season 1 whatsoever at the Lower Manhattan store.

Rogue588 06-30-08 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by leest3
I just had my mother try this at the Best Buy in Trumbull, CT, and the sales associate said the coupon would only be good for one season.

I've read multiple horror stories regarding experiences at Best Buys across the country here, yet I never had any. Until this store. I hate the Trumbull location with every fiber of my being. And this doesn't even have anything to do with "deals" such as these. It was as recently as the GTA:IV preorder and the last "Buy 3, get 10%" coupons. Mostly everyone there (particularly "management") can go fuck themselves and burn in the darkest, most painful levels of hell.

Snowmaker 06-30-08 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly
Wow. I always have problems with Best Buy to some extent (this occasion being a rare no-hassle trip), and I've NEVER gotten a gift card out of them. You must've raised hell. :D

They gave me the $10 gift cart one time for screwing up my online order, mainly because I had started the timer clock behind the counter thinking it was a "ring for service" button. It took them longer than the policy states to go grab the right DVD off the shelf, so they just applied the $10 to my order. :D

kyle90316 06-30-08 12:26 PM

went to two best buys both had all the coupons peeled off

docdoowop 06-30-08 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I've read multiple horror stories regarding experiences at Best Buys across the country here, yet I never had any. Until this store. I hate the Trumbull location with every fiber of my being. And this doesn't even have anything to do with "deals" such as these. It was as recently as the GTA:IV preorder and the last "Buy 3, get 10%" coupons. Mostly everyone there (particularly "management") can go fuck themselves and burn in the darkest, most painful levels of hell.

So......they treat you ok?

My Other Self 06-30-08 12:31 PM

See what I can't fathom is WHY they're pulling the stickers off if Fox is reimbursing them anyways. WTF? Can they even really do that?

I guess nobody can really say anything since they can claim they just were shipped to them like that. I just don't understand why management and the blue shirts are putting up such a big fuss since it's not actually costing them anything.

I feel really lucky to have gotten in on this yesterday. I looked online this morning and the store I bought my set at is sold out now of every season except for 6.

Raw_and_Vital 06-30-08 12:36 PM

If I tell them "THERE IS A SIGN AT THE BEST BUY OVER AT ......... THAT HAS A SIGN THAT CLEARLY STATES 15 DOLLARS OFF EVERY ADDITIONAL SEASON" Can they still tell me no if they have peeled the stickers off. If they deny me all hell will seriously break loose. I will e-mail the CEO at Fox and Best buy and whatever else I have to do. I'm getting my series!

LoPan5705 06-30-08 12:47 PM

No luck for me. Went to BB and they might have had 1 set for each season w/no stickers on the front of any them. Either alot of people got in on the deal and bought them all up or BB decided to pull alot the stock and remove the savings stickers. I think the latter.

I've been after a few of the '24' seasons for a long while. Just waiting for the price to drop, which it did for a brief moment. Congrats to all those that got in on this one.