DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/534558-24-all-six-seasons-%2427-total-bestbuy-instore.html)

acejh87 06-29-08 11:54 AM

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)
 
<BR>Edit - Looks like the deal is now dead.

Sorry to the people that couldn't get it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got back from Best Buy.

24 Season 1 Special Edition is $16.99, on the front of the box there is a manufacturers coupon for $15 off all the other seasons, when brought with Season 1 SE, up to $75 off Combined.

So i got all 6 seasons for $26.94 plus tax.

24 Season 1 Special Edition - $16.99
24 Season 2 - $16.99 - $15 - $1.99
24 Season 3 - $16.99 - $15 - $1.99
24 Season 4 - $16.99 - $15 - $1.99
24 Season 5 - $16.99 - $15 - $1.99
24 Season 6 - $16.99 - $15 - $1.99

Total $26.94 for all 6 seasons!

The cashier scanned the coupon as normal and it automatically gave $15 of every season, no problems.

Great Deal!

Thought it was worth a New Thread.

TheMovieman 06-29-08 11:58 AM

Wow, that is a damn good deal!

melih69 06-29-08 11:58 AM

Thats a great finding. Thanks for the post. What does the special edition looks like ? Is it different than regular season 1 set or it is just the coupon on the box ?

acejh87 06-29-08 12:02 PM

Special Edition looks Like a steelbook, with a coupon on it.

DaveWadding 06-29-08 12:11 PM

Sweet dude. I wanted the Season 1 SE and Season 6...glad to know it's on sale and I can get season 6 for that $1.99 (since apparently that's all it's worth ;))

paaron46 06-29-08 12:30 PM


Originally Posted by melih69
Thats a great finding. Thanks for the post. What does the special edition looks like ? Is it different than regular season 1 set or it is just the coupon on the box ?


the special edition is in a nice tin, and i think it comes with a bonus disc.

I'll probably take my old seasons 1 - 4 and sell them to the used DVD place, and go get this deal, so I can have all the repackaged ones, instead of some fold out books and some slim cases. Just have all slim cases

JAYARE 06-29-08 12:32 PM

sweet i will upgrade my season 1 and put the rest on the bay

pepsiguy 06-29-08 12:35 PM


Originally Posted by acejh87
The cashier scanned the coupon as normal and it automatically gave $15 of every season, no problems.

So she only scanned it once and the total came off ALL seasons? If this can be confirmed by anyone else then I'm definitely going to be picking this up soon. I have season 5 but I sold all of the previous seasons so I could eventually pick up the slim sets.

etcl 06-29-08 12:36 PM

anyway of getting this online ??? damn good offer

acejh87 06-29-08 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by pepsiguy
So she only scanned it once and the total came off ALL seasons? If this can be confirmed by anyone else then I'm definitely going to be picking this up soon. I have season 5 but I sold all of the previous seasons so I could eventually pick up the slim sets.

Yes, she only scanned the coupon once, the computer asked if she wanted to apply to all seasons, she said yes & $15 came off all the seasons (except for the Special Edition)
The coupon actually says on it, that it can be used for up to $75 off seasons 2-6.

paaron46 06-29-08 01:04 PM


Originally Posted by acejh87
Yes, she only scanned the coupon once, the computer asked if she wanted to apply to all seasons, she said yes & $15 came off all the seasons (except for the Special Edition)
The coupon actually says on it, that it can be used for up to $75 off seasons 2-6.


LOL, when they put that coupon out they were probably hoping that the stores were charging a bit more than 16.99 for each season. It just happens to work out so nicely in this situation.

zekeburger1979 06-29-08 01:05 PM

I got this deal too. She scanned Season 1 Steelbook first, it rang up $16.99 and so did the other seasons. She then scanned the coupon and my RewardZone card. After a message popped up, it took $75 off the price bringing my purchase of Seasons 1-6 to $28.56!

The clerk gave me a high five after seeing the deal I was getting and no, no pics available, plus I wouldn't hit it anyways! :)

Dave Anderson 06-29-08 01:13 PM

Got the deal! I'm a big fan of the show but never picked up any of the sets. Figured I would get around to it someday. Today was the day.

Pics here:

www.horrordvds.com/misc/24-1.jpg
www.horrordvds.com/misc/24-2.jpg

No tax in NH either.

Clerk just scanned the coupon, saw the price drop significantly, checked the coupon about three times, and then told me to have a nice day.

I was bummed because they only had S1 (s/b), S4, and S6 in the aisle. I bought S1/S2 online last night when the deal kicked in, but I haven't picked those up (may return them; may keep them for a gift or something). Anyway, they had a display up front with all the seasons in it, though it was dwindling fast. I grabbed them and off I went.

Oh, and as I made my way towards the case up front, there were three employees in front of it talking about the deal. I didn't hear much of the conversation but it definitely involved 24. I think they were just surprised by the deal. I don't see why BB would care, as I believe Fox reimburses them the coupon amount. These are going to disappear fast, though.

021336 06-29-08 01:24 PM

You better try to jump on this quick within the stores because I checked online it definitely says you can only get one for $15 off, not as many sets as you can buy. I would assume this would get corrected rather quickly and not all stores will do it incorrectly.

Kind of a bummer for me because I just bought all the sets at Costco a weel ago for $19.99 a piece. Oh well...while not the best deal, still pretty good.

Dave Anderson 06-29-08 01:27 PM

I really don't think it is incorrect. The coupon clearly states it is good for $15.00 off seasons after 1. It actually states S2-S6 for up to $75.00 combined savings.

No, I don't think they will renege on the deal; they are just going to sell out quick.

DerangedHermit 06-29-08 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by etcl
anyway of getting this online ??? damn good offer

Yup, it's online.

Pizza 06-29-08 01:29 PM

The deal of the year. I bet it won't even last 24 hours ;)

etcl 06-29-08 01:30 PM

do you guys think i could buy this online and ask for a refund online ? i am asking as i am residing overseas and have to buy this online amd ship it to myself via one of those overseas delivery addy in usa ...

etcl 06-29-08 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
Yup, it's online.


i had put this in my cart but it doesnt showwas $15 off each season but only 1 season ........damn

Dave Anderson 06-29-08 01:32 PM

I tried to do it online and it didn't work. When I put them all in the cart it only took $15.00 off one season.

The online coupon is worded differently; it says $15.00 off one additional season.

etcl 06-29-08 01:36 PM


Originally Posted by Dave Anderson
I tried to do it online and it didn't work. When I put them all in the cart it only took $15.00 off one season.

The online coupon is worded differently; it says $15.00 off one additional season.


shucks .. but if the offer is by Fox itself ..... should it work online too or do you guys think i can order and get it a refund back ?
i am residing overseas at the moment .......

Dave Anderson 06-29-08 01:39 PM

Who knows. I doubt you can get a refund back. They can say the online coupon is different or whatever.

No family members can pick it up for you?

I'll tell you I was tempted to go back in and get another batch for $27.00, but I have no interest in profiteering from it. Plus I have S1 and S2 waiting through online pickup.

homern3d 06-29-08 01:41 PM

Worked for me at Emeryville, CA. The coupon says you can save up to $75 for purchase of seasons 2-6. Computer did everything automatically.

gotrice487 06-29-08 01:43 PM

Thank you for the information, I will definitely be picking this deal up

etcl 06-29-08 01:48 PM


Originally Posted by Dave Anderson
Who knows. I doubt you can get a refund back. They can say the online coupon is different or whatever.

No family members can pick it up for you?

I'll tell you I was tempted to go back in and get another batch for $27.00, but I have no interest in profiteering from it. Plus I have S1 and S2 waiting through online pickup.

thanks for the answer ... but no ... i dont have family members in the states ..... sad to miss out this deal but good luck to all you guys !

zekeburger1979 06-29-08 02:01 PM


Originally Posted by Dave Anderson
Got the deal! I'm a big fan of the show but never picked up any of the sets. Figured I would get around to it someday. Today was the day.

Pics here:

www.horrordvds.com/misc/24-1.jpg
www.horrordvds.com/misc/24-2.jpg

No tax in NH either.

Clerk just scanned the coupon, saw the price drop significantly, checked the coupon about three times, and then told me to have a nice day.

I was bummed because they only had S1 (s/b), S4, and S6 in the aisle. I bought S1/S2 online last night when the deal kicked in, but I haven't picked those up (may return them; may keep them for a gift or something). Anyway, they had a display up front with all the seasons in it, though it was dwindling fast. I grabbed them and off I went.

Oh, and as I made my way towards the case up front, there were three employees in front of it talking about the deal. I didn't hear much of the conversation but it definitely involved 24. I think they were just surprised by the deal. I don't see why BB would care, as I believe Fox reimburses them the coupon amount. These are going to disappear fast, though.

Did you happen to see President Bartlet and his staff in the store? :D

To sweeten the deal even more, Season 6 has a coupon on the back of the booklet for a free 20 oz. Vault that expires tomorrow! ;)

acejh87 06-29-08 02:02 PM

I'm glad this worked for others too!
Dave Anderson -Thanks for receipt pics.

acdcrocks1980 06-29-08 02:06 PM

thats a amazing deal, although I got each season for about 20, cept for 6 i dont have that one yet.

OldBoy 06-29-08 02:08 PM

so what do you do if you see online that the particular store you want to go to doesn't have them ALL?

GenPion 06-29-08 02:09 PM

I just got shot down on the offer. It would have worked if the coupon had scanned and applied the discount automatically for me. Instead, it said "Invalid Coupon". The manager needed to come over and give it an over-ride. He said the coupon was not good with "any other offers" and that since the seasons were already on sale there was no way I could use it. He claimed "there's just no way we would ever sell these to you for $2 each, with or without coupon".

I'm going to try again tomorrow.

The Cow 06-29-08 02:09 PM


Originally Posted by scott1598
so what do you do if you see online that the particular store you want to go to doesn't have them ALL?

Go somewhere else.

OldBoy 06-29-08 02:13 PM


Originally Posted by The Cow
Go somewhere else.

well, i have 2 near me (about 20 minutes each a different way from home). 1 has 4 of them and neither has 2 of them. no other stores close that have all 6.

TheMovieman 06-29-08 02:15 PM

Well, didn't work at mine. The cashier didn't even bother scanning the coupon and called over the manager who looked at the back which said not combinable with other offers. I still think it should've worked since the $15 off each is something from Fox, not BB, but I didn't feel like arguing with them. I already own the sets and was going to get these for my sister.

GenPion 06-29-08 02:15 PM

Hey, I also have a question for those of you that have been successful. Could it be the coupon showed as invalid as it was scanned AFTER all the sets and not before? Could this be why it said it was invalid?

Best Buy didn't pull the plug on the coupon did they?

IamHydrogen1 06-29-08 02:15 PM

Any idea if this will work in conjunction with this offer? I'm feeling greedy.

http://emailinfo.bestbuy.com/p/8/10425/rz_main.jpg

acejh87 06-29-08 02:16 PM


Originally Posted by scott1598
so what do you do if you see online that the particular store you want to go to doesn't have them ALL?

You don't have to use the coupon for all 6, for example you could buy season 1 SE, Season 2, Season 4 & Season 6 and you would get a total of $45 off.
So you don't have to buy all 6.

TGM 06-29-08 02:16 PM

confirmed, worked just fine in Massachusetts.

GenPion 06-29-08 02:17 PM


Originally Posted by scott1598
well, i have 2 near me (about 20 minutes each a different way from home). 1 has 4 of them and neither has 2 of them. no other stores close that have all 6.

Sometimes when they show as not in stock they may still have one or two copies. Go to one of them, either one, and see if you get lucky. If not, buy as many of them as they have. That is still better than nothing at $1.99 each.

OldBoy 06-29-08 02:18 PM


Originally Posted by acejh87
You don't have to use the coupon for all 6, for example you could buy season 1 SE, Season 2, Season 4 & Season 6 and you would get a total of $45 off.
So you don't have to buy all 6.

right, but if i am gonna do this i want them all rather than not a whole collection. i don't have any sets and wanted at least S1, but with an offer like this, just stupid not to get them all.

would anyone be willing to pick all these up for me, preferably in mint condition and maybe make $5?? i would really appreciate it!

melih69 06-29-08 02:21 PM

Yes sir just got back from BB 6 seasons total is $28.99 . :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.