DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/534558-24-all-six-seasons-%2427-total-bestbuy-instore.html)

My Other Self 06-30-08 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by arcurifisher
Best buy removed in store pick up and marked as sold out and all coupons were to be removed from tins

Wow. You're not joking. Sure enough, I just checked it out and they're showing "Sold Out" online and NOT available for in-store pickup.

lol, does Corporate not realize the fine print on the coupons, too?

kstublen 06-30-08 05:16 PM

I have Seasons 1-6, and the Limited Edition Tin release of Season 1, and was STILL going to go back and try to get the deal. So I checked online, and yep, it says Sold Out and Not Available for Pickup. I may still check, but it will be later on during the week, and they'll probably be sold out if they aren't already. I was considering buying the older releases (not in slim cases), just for the hell of it, but I especially doubt they'll have them.

If Best Buy really is pulling all the stickers, that is the lamest thing I have heard of them doing in a long time. Manufacture Coupons are the same thing as money for the store. They aren't losing $15 per set, they are still getting that money. Do they not realize this? Sheer incompetence.

cinemaphile 06-30-08 05:21 PM

not that i would condone such things.... ;)

but if you really want the deal and your BB has removed the stickers, just go to a nearby non-BB store where they have the tins with stickers, take the sticker, and go to Best Buy. BB may remove the stickers, but being a manufacturer's coupon, not a store coupon, they pretty much have to accept it if you present it to them.

Jake Lipson 06-30-08 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by paaron46
They actually suggested this to me, but the lady said they couldn't do a raincheck at the 1.99 price, but they could at the 16.99 price.

Is there a way you could have them order in all six for you, or hold Season 1 with the coupon until the remaining sets came in?

My Other Self 06-30-08 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
but if you really want the deal and your BB has removed the stickers, just go to a nearby non-BB store where they have the tins with stickers, take the sticker, and go to Best Buy. BB may remove the stickers, but being a manufacturer's coupon, not a store coupon, they pretty much have to accept it if you present it to them.

I still don't think they HAVE to honor it. They have a right to refusal.

That's not to say they can make up the rules and only give the discount to one season, either. I'm not sure how all that works.

Lucky101 06-30-08 05:35 PM

I really never watched the show, so it was going to be a blind buy anyway. I stop by my local BB and had all the seasons still available. I picked them up and went to the cashier. He started to ring them up and I gave him the coupon. He told me he was instructed to not accept the coupon, but to send me to customer service. They had alittle line, but not bad. One of the reps ask if she could hold the DVD's until the register was available..sure no problem. I didn't even get to the counter went the store manager "ED" told me that he was not accepting the deal because they were on sale and couldn't accept the coupon. He than told me he knew what we were doing going to store to store and he wasn't going to argue. He was not accepting the deal. So anyway...No luck with me... Usually I put up a fight, but like I said the deal was great, but I never saw the show.

Snowmaker 06-30-08 05:39 PM

Well, 0 for 3 at Best Buys today. Found every season EXCEPT the S1 tin. :(

vietduckboi 06-30-08 05:51 PM

I went at about 12 pm today in Santa Rosa, CA, and the deal worked fine. The cashier checked with a manager to make sure, but it rang through.

Like some have said, the store is gonna be reimbursed by the manufacturer, so I don't understand why some stores are being so anal about this.

cinemaphile 06-30-08 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky101
He than told me he knew what we were doing going to store to store and he wasn't going to argue. He was not accepting the deal.

I wonder if we just found the problem.... that line sounds like the manager thinks we're going store to store either just buying them at one and trying to return them at regular price at the next, or going store to store buying up ALL of them to return at regular price at a later date or something. Why else would he say "we know what you're doing, going store to store"??

if that's the case, a few bad apples have ruined it for the rest of us. If return scams are NOT the issue, i still don't get it. BBuy gets their money, it's FOX that takes the $15 hit off each.

C_Fletch 06-30-08 05:58 PM

The reason these little idiot managers are doing this is because they were born inadequate and need to use their pathetic manager power to over compensate. Very sad. :(

MovieExchange 06-30-08 05:58 PM

Hit my local Best Buy (Flint, MI) this morning. They had everything but season 5. That suited me fine... I had S1-4 in the large packs, season 5 in the thin pack and already signed by Gregory Itzen, and I had never purchased season 6. So I added s6 to my collection, and took my old s1-4 large packs and put them up for sale in my used DVD store for $10 each.

movielib 06-30-08 06:09 PM

When I bought mine the clerk left the coupon on the S1 set. I didn't notice until I got home.

I'll send it off to the first person who emails me with his or her address. Don't worry about the postage. I can mail it tomorrow so it should get there before the deal expires.

Whoever gets it can use it if he or she can find the season one tin and the BB takes it.

I don't think this is defrauding Best Buy so I don't think it violates the Forum rules.

Qrusher14242 06-30-08 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by D.Pham00
You could've done the Amazon deal and gotten s1+s2 for ~$24 as well.

dang :( didnt see that sale, would of done that if i would of read about that deal.

neiname 06-30-08 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
When I bought mine the clerk left the coupon on the S1 set. I didn't notice until I got home.

I'll send it off to the first person who emails me with his or her address. Don't worry about the postage. I can mail it tomorrow so it should get there before the deal expires.

Whoever gets it can use it if he or she can find the season one tin and the BB takes it.

I don't think this is defrauding Best Buy so I don't think it violates the Forum rules.

PM sent

movielib 06-30-08 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by neiname
PM sent

Answered. You've got it!

Raw_and_Vital 06-30-08 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by darthdelegate
I'm sure the CEOs at Fox and Best Buy are quaking in fear of your e-mail tirades. And why do you keep posting angry comments fantasizing about the hell that will break loose if you find missing coupons? Are you daydreaming about the incredible arguments you will raise?

Also, ummm...Best Buy isn't taking off the coupons from the sets...other customers are.

Quaking in fear, nah. Probably not so much, but, it does solve the issues sending an e-mail explaining the problem. I have done it once before in the past. Also, of course I am fantasizing about the hell that will break loose. I mean, I can only fantasize until it actually becomes a reality. Duh!

And, ummmm. Best Buy is taking off the coupons pal. I went to a store and they told me their self that they have pulled the stickers because they weren't right and were ringing up wrong. So check your facts first before replying in regards to my e-mail... Wink Wink... Time to send Best Buy Corp. and e-mail...

Thanh 06-30-08 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Well, 0 for 3 at Best Buys today. Found every season EXCEPT the S1 tin. :(

Make sure you check the shelves that are marked "hot deals this week" or something along those lines... the tins are not where the other 24 sets are located.

speedy1961 06-30-08 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Hit my local Best Buy (Flint, MI) this morning. They had everything but season 5. That suited me fine... I had S1-4 in the large packs, season 5 in the thin pack and already signed by Gregory Itzen, and I had never purchased season 6. So I added s6 to my collection, and took my old s1-4 large packs and put them up for sale in my used DVD store for $10 each.

Enterprising.... well done!

Snowmaker 06-30-08 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Thanh
Make sure you check the shelves that are marked "hot deals this week" or something along those lines... the tins are not where the other 24 sets are located.

I checked everywhere, including in their system.

jgorow 06-30-08 06:59 PM

seems once the word gets out, all the best buy managers are alerted about it and not to take the coupon

musick 06-30-08 07:16 PM

CC has the sets for 24.99 this week if you find the season 1 set there with coupon you can get the remaining sets for 9.99 each
not as good but still a good price

or you could get them to pm the BB 16.99 each price possibly

DVDmaniac14 06-30-08 07:46 PM

ye this sux...this is what i get for going on vacation...BOOO!!

Pookymeister 06-30-08 07:49 PM

Didn't see this mentioned yet - and might be a moot point now.....but dupes work with this deal.

I.e. If you can only find Season 1 SE and 5 copies of Season 6, all s6's will be 1.99

tommyp007 06-30-08 07:53 PM

If the deal is dead, that really sucks. I'm glad I got in on it, but it seems like a totally valid deal and its too bad BB is screwing it up.

drmoze 06-30-08 07:53 PM

I'm waiting for the local BB to restock seasons 4-6. (Wednesday?) Stopped by this evening and all they had on the shelf was seasons 2 and 3!