DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-07, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bookcase3
1) No.
2) Unfortunately, I've never been able to combine the two, and I've tried many times.
Thanks - this will really hold me back. Not sure if a few extra coupons and extra 5% is worth $25 for how much I shop there now, especially since sometimes AAA is even 10-15% too.
Old 12-12-07, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had Lost: S3 on preorder and I got an email notifying me of an "unexpected delay," with a new estimated ship date of January 10!! I got it for a good price using a coupon, otherwise I'd cancel and buy it elsewhere.
Old 12-12-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkzahn
Thanks - this will really hold me back. Not sure if a few extra coupons and extra 5% is worth $25 for how much I shop there now, especially since sometimes AAA is even 10-15% too.
Get the B&N Mastercard. That will give you another 5%, plus a $25 GC... But the real kicker is there are usually members only coupons, which made the membership pay for itself as far as I'm concerned...
Old 12-12-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else order the Harry Potter Years 1-5 on HD-DVD and get an unexpected shipping delay?
Old 12-12-07, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Anyone else order the Harry Potter Years 1-5 on HD-DVD and get an unexpected shipping delay?
I ordered my HP HD-DVD boxset on November 5th during the 50% off sale ($64.19 shipped), and it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery today.
Old 12-12-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
I ordered my HP HD-DVD boxset on November 5th during the 50% off sale ($64.19 shipped), and it shipped yesterday and is out for delivery today.

Lucky bastard, I ordered mine before you during the 50% off sale and mien is late.
Old 12-12-07, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I agree with your math, but compared to LAST YEAR'S sale, I have no interest in this sale. Last year there was B1G1F on box sets, plus the sale price, plus 10% off for members, plus $10 off $40 (or 15% off instead). So two $100 box sets were coming to $53 TOTAL for both. This sale can't even compare, and that is ASSUMING the sale is valid on box sets. But I don't think it is. The B2G3 info says "DVD's", not "DVD box sets." The June B2G3 sale was labeled the same way, and did NOT include box sets. Their prices on single DVD's are usually pretty terrible, except for some new releases. So this sale seems pretty worthless to me...
Ohhhhhhhh. I thought you were making a different point, and I completely missed that aspect of it. (Sorry.)

For that matter, since they are marking them individually ("look for the icon"), they can leave anything out of the promotion that they want to, or remove the web discount for everything they include in the promotion. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens....

Edit: OTOH, if they are trying to clear stock and order fresh from the distributors, they might include almost everything.

(Yes, I realize I keep flip-flopping. No, IANAPolitician. )

Last edited by WhovianZorker; 12-12-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
Lucky bastard, I ordered mine before you during the 50% off sale and mien is late.
I can't promise this had an effect, but I called yesterday to check on why my HP boxset hadn't shipped yet, and the CSR's first response was that it hadn't shipped, and then caught herself and said that it looked like it was in the shipping process but she couldn't pull up the info. I got the shipping notice about an hour later. Probably worth a shot for you to call and nudge them a bit on your order--it may help.
Old 12-12-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
I can't promise this had an effect, but I called yesterday to check on why my HP boxset hadn't shipped yet, and the CSR's first response was that it hadn't shipped, and then caught herself and said that it looked like it was in the shipping process but she couldn't pull up the info. I got the shipping notice about an hour later. Probably worth a shot for you to call and nudge them a bit on your order--it may help.
Yea, I will give them sometime, not a big deal. If it doesn't ship in the next couple days I might call and see what is up.
Old 12-12-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I guess that wasn't worth getting my panties in a bunch, just got a shipping notice on my HP.
Old 12-12-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

kenbenobi, BN usually just says DVD in their sales and refer to all dvd. At least that is what i remember. I think box sets will be included because they usually are. But it will not be a good deal on most items because they charge full list.
Old 12-12-07, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BKenn01
kenbenobi, BN usually just says DVD in their sales and refer to all dvd. At least that is what i remember. I think box sets will be included because they usually are. But it will not be a good deal on most items because they charge full list.
I hope you are right, but the June B2G1F sale was movies only and did not include TV box sets... Last January's sale was TV box sets only, and did not include movie box sets. They have always been very specific with their DVD sales for as long as I can remember...
Old 12-12-07, 10:45 PM

I hope you are right, but the June B2G1F sale was movies only and did not include TV box sets... Last January's sale was TV box sets only, and did not include movie box sets. They have always been very specific with their DVD sales for as long as I can remember...
No, every June they have included ALL sets in store as I have gone and mixed and matched. Online,as previously stated, that cherry-pick.

P.S. Over the years, this has included BBC, documentaries, movies, TV season sets, Disney Treasure tins, etc. I have gone in, brought my triples up to the counter and away I have gone. One year was GREAT in that hey had a 10% off WHOLE transaction coupons, making the deal even better. And even the single item coupons have made it possible to pair a higher priced item with lower ones.

Last edited by forumsmy; 12-12-07 at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-12-07, 11:30 PM

I hope you are right, but the June B2G1F sale was movies only and did not include TV box sets...
Ken, I bought several TV Box Sets during the June sale. They were very limited on the site, but ship to home was any dvd you wanted.

Just an FYI, they have jacked up a lot of there prices since yesterday. Heroes, Lost and The Wire were 30% off, now they are 10% off.
Old 12-13-07, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Ken, I bought several TV Box Sets during the June sale. They were very limited on the site, but ship to home was any dvd you wanted.

Just an FYI, they have jacked up a lot of there prices since yesterday. Heroes, Lost and The Wire were 30% off, now they are 10% off.
Hmmm, I didn't know that. My local store did not have any TV sets labeled as being part of the deal, but I never had them attempt to scan anything. As for doing Ship to Home, that would be the only way this could be a deal for me. The in-store prices aren't that great, but if you can get them to do order three titles that are 30% off online at B2G1F, plus use a coupon on one item, then it's a good savings. But at their normal 10% off retail, plus member discount, and coupon limited to one item, even B2G1F isn't a great deal...
Old 12-13-07, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is the printable version for the P7P6K7C code posted earlier:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=20890
Expires 11:59pm EST December 18 (aren't they usually good until 2:59am because of the West coasters?)

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-13-07 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-13-07, 08:24 AM
Suspended

Enter coupon code N6R7C4J at checkout. The 25% discount will be applied to the highest-priced item in your cart. SHOP NOW

also expires 18th
Old 12-13-07, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmmm, I didn't know that. My local store did not have any TV sets labeled as being part of the deal, but I never had them attempt to scan anything. As for doing Ship to Home, that would be the only way this could be a deal for me. The in-store prices aren't that great, but if you can get them to do order three titles that are 30% off online at B2G1F, plus use a coupon on one item, then it's a good savings. But at their normal 10% off retail, plus member discount, and coupon limited to one item, even B2G1F isn't a great deal...

I noticed this too, and pretty ticked off about it. The 25% codes are worthless because of the ridiculous price raises. A month ago, BN had STar TRek Original Series for 110. Now it is $154 for members!! Every boxset is ridiculously high.
Old 12-13-07, 08:39 PM

I haven't been to this forum for a week and I noticed that the prices for box sets were significantly higher. It's ridiculous. There are items I would have purchased before they raised the prices, but now I'll buy them elsewhere. I have $50. in certificates that I wanted to cash in, but I refuse to buy items that are not priced reasonably. I noticed certain Criterion were being sold at MSRP. I'll end up having to purchase books.
Old 12-13-07, 09:00 PM

I noticed this too, and pretty ticked off about it. The 25% codes are worthless because of the ridiculous price raises. A month ago, BN had STar TRek Original Series for 110. Now it is $154 for members!! Every boxset is ridiculously high.
The price on TOS changes very often. I have seen them change prices on this 3 times in a week.
Old 12-13-07, 09:29 PM

Location: on my couch watching dvds of course .. where else ???
gosh .... they are selling the Jason Bourne Collection at list price, making the 25% coupon redundant.....

come on B&N, you can do better than this !!!!!!!
Old 12-14-07, 09:46 PM

Well it's pretty much gone elsewhere...
Old 12-15-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some prices dropped again today... Lost S3 is 25% off now, Torchwood S1 is 20% off...
Old 12-15-07, 11:42 PM

Yeah, that is the thing, prices at BN.com are a rollercoaster and you just have to be ready to jump and buy when the price/coupons are right. Otherwise, have to just wait it out and hope the right combination comes up OR bite the bullet and buy it with what you got.

Usually, I can wait it out, but sometimes you just gotta.
Old 12-15-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am glad I got most of my stuff during the 50% off sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.