Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread

Old 06-11-08, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drh4
Hmm...after extensive testing, it appears to not work with the book I was ordering, 9780231143721 , but will work with other cheaper books.

Sorry for the false (?) alarm. Anyone have any ideas why this book might be excluded?
Didn't work for me either. However I noticed something about the pricing of the book was different compared to other books on the web site. There was no list price, and the members price was 20% off instead of 10%. However when I checked other books by the same author several of them were priced in a similar way with no list and a larger members discount, but the coupon did work. I have no idea why it will not work with that particular book. I would suggest calling customer service and see if they have an answer, or will adjust the price for the coupon if you decide to order it.
Old 06-11-08, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free offer if you live near the B&N store in the Smith Haven mall. Since I ran across it thought I would post it.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=23307

Old 06-11-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Many thanks LASERMOVIES for taking the time to play around with that and related titles to confirm my experience. Much obliged.

If I find out anything interesting from customer service, I'll be sure to report it back here.
Old 06-11-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Free offer if you live near the B&N store in the Smith Haven mall. Since I ran across it thought I would post it.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=23307
I love how it says it isn't good on barnesandnoble.com. Cmon, I wanna have my latte delivered by UPS in 3 days!!!
Old 06-12-08, 08:54 AM
JMC

Originally Posted by drh4
Hmm...after extensive testing, it appears to not work with the book I was ordering, 9780231143721 , but will work with other cheaper books.

Sorry for the false (?) alarm. Anyone have any ideas why this book might be excluded?
TEXTBOOK EXCEPTION!
Whenever a coupon fails to work for me, I first click on Full Product Details and check to see if B&N has declared the book a 'textbook'. In this case, that's what they've done, and coupons usually don't work with textbooks. (Check item iii under "Additional Rules" on this coupon.)
Old 06-13-08, 10:48 AM
X
Administrator

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Closed for thread length. Create a new one if you want.