Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffť Latte with Any Cafť Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 07-08-18, 10:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
I reallyt don't care for horror films. I find them stupid and boring. This one however was the exception. I saw this with a girlfriend and found scary and entertaining.
it is one of my friends favorites, i think it was ok, but i think i saw a really bad Netflix DVD copy so i didn't get a great impression, but want to give it another try...
Old 07-09-18, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
For that price it's worth it for the original POTA. IMHO, the 2nd, Beneath.. is somewhat tolerable but laughable, Escape... is better than Beneath... but not as good as the first. Conquest... and Battle... are pretty much wastes of time. They really should have never made the sequels and think Burton's "disaster" was better than any of those four films. If you were ~6-13 when the sequels were released made you likely have a higher opinion of them than I have. I own all the original POTA films for completeness' sake but the only one I watch is the first.

If you've never done so, read the book.
I'm about 1/3 of the way through the 1st film. If this is the best film of the 5, I didn't think it was possible to waste $15 on a 5 film blu box, but I may have proven myself wrong (& I like sci-fi)...............
Old 07-09-18, 06:03 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Bob doesn’t love Jaws and the PotA films?! Someone doesn’t like the original PotA?! It’s like I’ve awoken from a coma in an upside-down world where an evil reality star is President.
Old 07-09-18, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Bob doesnít love Jaws and the PotA films?! Someone doesnít like the original PotA?! Itís like Iíve awoken from a coma in an upside-down world where an evil reality star is President.
Wow. I'm with you... The first POTA is FANTASTIC! The 2nd one is very good. I am not a huge fan of the 3rd (although I did like the surprise ending). And I quite enjoyed the 4th and 5th films, especially since they apparently changed the future, with apes and humans living in harmony.

The Tim Burton film is utter crap. The new trilogy is very entertaining and well made, but I still prefer the original 5 films. To me, they are classics. I have never watched the entire TV series, however. Just an episode or two, and wasn't into it...
Old 07-09-18, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was never a big fan of the Planet of the Apes franchise until the new trilogy honestly. The original film is a classic but beyond that they arenít very good in my opinion.
Old 07-09-18, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bob doesn’t love Jaws and the PotA films?! Someone doesn’t like the original PotA?! It’s like I’ve awoken from a coma in an upside-down world where an evil reality star is President.
You may have read that wrong... I'll clarify:

I do not like Jaws at all. Waste of film.

I absolutely *love* the original POTA. I have little to no use for any of the sequels.

I like Burton's "reimagined" version better than any of the sequels.

I like the new Apes trilogy better than Burton's movie *and* any of the sequels but not as much as the original POTA.

I've never seen the TV series or Cartoon series and have no desire ever to do so solely based on how I feel about the 4 sequels to the original film.

A few years back I purchased the DVD set of the remastered original series (5 movies and a bonus documentary). I did so to get Beneath... as I thought I might find it better than I'd remembered and the box was only a few $$ more than Beneath... by itself. I was wrong - it wasn't. Last year I purchased the region free BR "
Primal Collection Primal Collection
" from Amazon UK that has the first 8 movies (missing only War for...). It's a nice package and worth the ~$27 I paid even though I don't care for most of the movies.
Old 07-09-18, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
The Changeling LE went down to $24.99 if anyone interested...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's cheaper on Bullmoose.
Old 07-09-18, 03:49 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
You may have read that wrong... I'll clarify:

I do not like Jaws at all. Waste of film.

I absolutely *love* the original POTA. I have little to no use for any of the sequels.
Yeah, I knew it was just the sequels you didn’t care for, and had it that way in one of my drafts as I debated on how to phrase my post, but it got lost in an edit. I’ve sort of been in shock and struggling for words since your Jaws comment a week or two back. For years you’ve almost been my “brother from another mother” in terms of similar tastes here. But you not liking the finest film ever made hurts my soul.

Last edited by Trevor; 07-09-18 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-09-18, 04:11 PM

Planet of the Apes 10/10
Beneath the Planet of the Apes 5/10
Escape from the Planet of the Apes 9/10
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes 9/10
Battle for the Planet of the Apes 3/10

The Tim Burton movie is an abomination.

The reboots are all great and worth seeing.
Old 07-09-18, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I knew it was just the sequels you didnít care for, and had it that way in one of my drafts as I debated on how to phrase my post, but it got lost in an edit. Iíve sort of been in shock and struggling for words since your Jaws comment a week or two back. For years youíve almost been my ďbrother from another motherĒ in terms of similar tastes here. But you not liking the finest film ever made hurts my soul.
Sorry 'bout that... it is what it is. We'll just have to agree to disagree. The style/type film it is has never appealed to me and I don't even know why I ever watched it. I'd guess it was in the early years of HBO when I watched just about every movie they ran. FWIW I do own a copy but have never watched it (it's in a Universal 100th Anniversary movie set I snagged for $25 - a dollar a film). I'm sure one of the grandkids will want to see it at some point. I'll watch it then and, as always, keep my opinion to myself until after they've seen it.
Old 07-09-18, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Universal Dracula Legacy set $14.99
Lightning Deal

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-10-18 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-09-18, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Bob doesnít love Jaws and the PotA films?! Someone doesnít like the original PotA?! Itís like Iíve awoken from a coma in an upside-down world where an evil reality star is President.
I'm not really a fan of Planet of the Apes. The premise sort of breaks down because the Apes were speaking English, so Chuck should have known he was on Earth before he saw the buried statue. It sort of works as a Twilight Zone episode premise, but not as a movie.

I absolutely love Jaws, though. It's one of those rare movies, like Rosemary's Baby or 2001: A Space Odyssey, that is just a perfect film.
Old 07-09-18, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by BackStJoe View Post
Planet of the Apes 10/10
Beneath the Planet of the Apes 5/10
Escape from the Planet of the Apes 9/10
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes 9/10
Battle for the Planet of the Apes 3/10

The Tim Burton movie is an abomination.

The reboots are all great and worth seeing.
It's been a while on the originals but I'm pretty sure I agree with all of that. We recently blind bought the new trilogy on Black Friday after having only seen the first and we really liked them. They're too violent for our little kids, though. I'm thinking the originals will be just right for them, however, unless I'm forgetting any particularly tense scenes.

I always found Escape to be especially fun and yet with the most tragic of endings.
Old 07-10-18, 08:37 AM

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection: (Jaws / E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial / Jurassic Park / The Lost World: Jurassic Park / Duel / and more)

Lightning Deal $19.99

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-10-18, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Legend of Korra - Complete Series is $19.99 Lightning Deal
Old 07-10-18, 05:10 PM

Hal Hartley’s Henry Fool Trilogy on sale for $70.
Old 07-10-18, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by story View Post
It's been a while on the originals but I'm pretty sure I agree with all of that. We recently blind bought the new trilogy on Black Friday after having only seen the first and we really liked them. They're too violent for our little kids, though. I'm thinking the originals will be just right for them, however, unless I'm forgetting any particularly tense scenes.

I always found Escape to be especially fun and yet with the most tragic of endings.
I'm half way through #4. I've definitely never seen these before. About 2/3 of the way through #1, I found it got somewhat better; though I doubt I will ever watch them a 2nd time unless I get a curious girl friend or something like that.
Old 07-11-18, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Tree of Life Criterion Blu-Ray is $22.89 for pre-order, that's 54% off.

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-11-18, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The recently announced Tucker blu-ray is up for pre-order for under $11.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Old 07-11-18, 01:57 PM

Call Me By Your Name $11.99
Amazon Amazon

Handmaid's Tale Season 1 $15.99
Amazon Amazon

Both Lightning Deals

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-11-18 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-11-18, 09:17 PM

Star Trek: Stardate Collection - 10 Film Set $37.99

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-12-18, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorting them price price, I found a few more Criterion titles that're currently over 50% off.

Scanners $17.24
Ghost World $17.97
The Complete Lady Snowblood $18.10
Multiple Maniacs $18.20
The Passion of Joan of Arc $19.08
Old 07-13-18, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Media is barely moving on these Lightning deals. But for the exception of few (VERY few), the 'claimed' meter is barely ticking. Much of it, of course, is due to the crappy offerings. Yet to see something of value and qualifying as a real deal
Old 07-13-18, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm hoping for Prime day. I signed up for the trial & also have a $20 promotional credit ($10 from a Whole Foods purchase & $10 from the trial if I spend $10 on Prime Day).
Old 07-13-18, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Media is barely moving on these Lightning deals. But for the exception of few (VERY few), the 'claimed' meter is barely ticking. Much of it, of course, is due to the crappy offerings. Yet to see something of value and qualifying as a real deal
UHD offering's have been good. I picked up The Dark Crystal for $11.99. And these are just deals leading up to Monday. I'm sure we'll get a good amount then.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.