DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-27-17, 10:16 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TheBang
Link to check on expiration of digital/prime pantry credit (obtained when choosing no-rush shipping):
Link for checking the balance or redeeming digital media credits (including promotional credits)

Print Wikipost

Old 10-11-17, 06:05 PM   #8076

Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Boooooooooo! Amazon cancelled the cheap Strange Brew blu ray I ordered some time ago saying they couldn't secure any more stock.
Old 10-11-17, 06:08 PM   #8077
DVD Talk Legend

Check Walmart’s 7.88 bin
Old 10-11-17, 06:14 PM   #8078
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
Holiday Inn 75th Anniversary Edition. In addition to everything previouslyreleased, B&W and colorized versions, digital copy, and extras, this edition includes a second disc with the Broadway Musical version of the show. Currently $13.39 for the 2 disc set.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
In for the stage version. How many times can I rebuy this movie?
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 10-12-17, 03:57 PM   #8079
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch079 View Post
Boooooooooo! Amazon cancelled the cheap Strange Brew blu ray I ordered some time ago saying they couldn't secure any more stock.
Same here. Funny how they were still selling copies at a higher price.
Old 10-12-17, 04:37 PM   #8080
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thirded. I had gotten in the mood to watch that and had told my son about it.

I see Clyde Parks has 20 copies for 20 bucks each. I wonder if he bought ours?

Prison Break - does Wentworth Miller chew the scenery like he does in Legends of Tomorrow? (he had a line in an episode I watched recently: "I know how to break out of prison." Yes, that is a relatively innocuous statement, especially for an ex-con, but it was still funny.
Old 10-12-17, 05:38 PM   #8081
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcarson View Post
Prison Break - does Wentworth Miller chew the scenery like he does in Legends of Tomorrow? (he had a line in an episode I watched recently: "I know how to break out of prison." Yes, that is a relatively innocuous statement, especially for an ex-con, but it was still funny.
Not really. On Prison Break they leave a lot of that to the guy that plays Rory (Dominic Purcell), who plays his brother. Rory and Lincoln are far more alike than the characters Wentworth plays.
Old 10-18-17, 05:49 AM   #8082
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Probably a price mistake. Pixar's Cars is $5.66

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004I...roduct_details
Old 10-18-17, 06:51 AM   #8083
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
Probably a price mistake. Pixar's Cars is $5.66

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004I...roduct_details
That's a marketplace price (currently), and when I clicked on it, I was taken to the Market Place page (new-used), and no such price. $9.16 is the lowest (pre-shipping).
Old 10-18-17, 09:13 AM   #8084
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, it's dead now. It was shipped and sold by Amazon earlier (back ordered for 1 - 3 weeks). I picked up a copy as a Christmas gift.
Old 10-18-17, 10:17 AM   #8085
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Maybe not a price mistake, but that is the older 2011 BD+DVD ( now discontinued) release without Digital Copy as opposed to the 2007 BD only discontinued release. The most recent release BD+Dig came in May this year

Still a really good deal
Old 10-18-17, 02:20 PM   #8086
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Maybe not a price mistake, but that is the older 2011 BD+DVD ( now discontinued) release without Digital Copy as opposed to the 2007 BD only discontinued release. The most recent release BD+Dig came in May this year

Still a really good deal
Digital copy will likely still work for iTunes which then will port to Movies Anywhere.
Old 10-18-17, 02:46 PM   #8087
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the point is that the older Cars BD releases didn't come with a digital copy code. Back then the Rewards code did not double as the Digital Copy Code.
Old 10-18-17, 03:51 PM   #8088
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Digital copy will likely still work for iTunes which then will port to Movies Anywhere.
100% the Digital will work through MA/itunes/VUDU.

My point was the low price in the OP was because the 2011 release was d/c due to the item with the 2017 BD+Digital re-release so these were clearance items and not really a price mistake (aggressively priced for even a Clearance Disney though).

Disney has been systematically replacing the items that didn't originally come with Digital codes or only came with Digital in 3D/Deluse versions over the last 24 months. Cars 2 and Brave will be the next releases. A couple weeks ago a dozen Marvel/Disney's were all reeleased with new slipcovers, but added the digital redemptions to the base sets.
Old 10-19-17, 12:27 AM   #8089

Me not care about digital copy
Old 10-19-17, 08:10 AM   #8090
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The funniest part of the whole thing, is the person I bought it for (my sister & her family) don't even have a blu ray player or HDTV. They are still living in ancient times with a 27 inch tube TV and a DVD player. So unfortunately the blu ray disc will collect dust for some time. But I figured if maybe they slowly build a blu ray collection, they might jump in at some point. My mom did the same thing last Christmas and bought them some other Disney movie for $10 on Black Friday, because it was cheaper for the blu ray combo that included the DVD version.

I mean, that TV has to eventually crap out, right?
Old 10-19-17, 10:32 AM   #8091

Quote:

You be surprised...the last time I moved, from West Columbia to Katy...I had two of those ancient style televisions (used them for classic gaming). They were still working like beasts. I actually gave them to the moving men who were more than happy to take them and they probably still work today. It's funny how the three televisions in my home, all flat screen of course probably combined still weigh less than one of those behemoths.
Yes, I have my own webpage - @ Kedrix.net
Personal VUDU M2D Page -->http://www.kedrix.net/vudu-mobile-d2d/
Old 10-19-17, 11:23 AM   #8092
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
You be surprised...the last time I moved, from West Columbia to Katy...I had two of those ancient style televisions (used them for classic gaming). They were still working like beasts. I actually gave them to the moving men who were more than happy to take them and they probably still work today. It's funny how the three televisions in my home, all flat screen of course probably combined still weigh less than one of those behemoths.
Yeah, I still have two CRT TVs hooked up in the basement for classic gaming that are each at least 20 years old and still going strong. They are also great for rhythm games like Rock Band because they have zero lag.
Old 10-19-17, 11:33 AM   #8093
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I do have a 56 inch DLP 1080P TV sitting in storage that we don't really need now that we have a projector. I guess maybe I'll make that a Christmas present for her family as well
Old 10-19-17, 11:36 AM   #8094
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Eventually. But it might be longer than you'd think. Every one I've owned has lasted 20+ years and was usually replaced for no other reason than to get a larger screen.

Look for a old, used, Blu-ray player that has composite or component outputs, Sony made a few, or get a HDMI-component adapter. I held on to my 32" CRT for no other reason than I couldn't see replacing it since it still worked. I wanted to get into Blu-ray but by that time new players had only HDMI outputs and my TV had only component/composite inputs. I was looking into purchasing an adapter when a coworker upgraded and gave me his old Sony player, which has component outputs. It's slow (some discs take 5 minutes to load) and can no longer be updated rendering other discs unplayable, but it does the trick. Or did do the trick. Last year I picked up a new "region free" player and the Sony sits there as a backup. At least they could play the discs, even though they'd not see much of an improvement over DVD.

Maybe you should just talk her into springing for a new TV this BF. There'll be some super deals on sets she'd be more than happy with. Offer to purchase them a player for Christmas if they'll upgrade their TV.
Old 10-19-17, 04:12 PM   #8095
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
Me not care about digital copy
Can I have your digital copy codes?
Old 10-19-17, 04:14 PM   #8096
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music View Post