Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016


STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once


15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter


ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active


Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)



"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 06-23-18, 09:17 AM
  #8301  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 8,694
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Chopping Mall, YES!
story is offline  
Old 06-23-18, 10:27 AM
  #8302  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,701
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

fuck, i think i already have it...
OldBoy is offline  
Old 06-23-18, 04:17 PM
  #8303  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,079
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Strait-Jacket and Berserk Double Feature pre order $8.39 .
Amazon Amazon

Ordering "Strait Jacket" as a single disk is currently $23 . Also a preorder.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 06-23-18, 04:28 PM
  #8304  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,375
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

"Straight-Jacket" and "Berserk" are a double feature from Mill Creek and bare-bones. The other "Straight-Jacket" is from Shout!, and features are still being determined.
DWilson is offline  
Old 06-23-18, 06:07 PM
  #8305  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 3,079
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
"Straight-Jacket" and "Berserk" are a double feature from Mill Creek and bare-bones. The other "Straight-Jacket" is from Shout!, and features are still being determined.
I never recall a studio leasing a film to two 3rd parties at the same time. Both releases are scheduled for August with the Mill Creek coming first. There is no reason to believe the releases will have different film elements. I suppose if the Mill Creek double feature is on one disk there might be differences in the quality of the releases. However these films are not exactly known for the high quality of the filming.
Classic Films is offline  
Old 06-23-18, 10:30 PM
  #8306  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 961
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Sony (and for that matter, MGM) seems to license anything to anybody, and for a pittance. It's a shame then that we haven't seen more Columbia serials, a 3-disk set of the Whistler films, a collection of the Crime Doctor films, etc.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what Indicator releases in the UK later this year. They have at least 2 Blu-Ray sets of William Castle films planned, and I'm betting they'll have a third set of his Universal films.
thetao is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 04:34 AM
  #8307  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,375
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
I never recall a studio leasing a film to two 3rd parties at the same time. Both releases are scheduled for August with the Mill Creek coming first. There is no reason to believe the releases will have different film elements. I suppose if the Mill Creek double feature is on one disk there might be differences in the quality of the releases. However these films are not exactly known for the high quality of the filming.
The differences in PQ might be subtle, unless Mill Creek does something egregious. Otherwise, it would depend on your particular fondness for the film and what kind of supplemental package Shout! can cobble together.
DWilson is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 07:38 AM
  #8308  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 701
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
I never recall a studio leasing a film to two 3rd parties at the same time. Both releases are scheduled for August with the Mill Creek coming first. There is no reason to believe the releases will have different film elements. I suppose if the Mill Creek double feature is on one disk there might be differences in the quality of the releases.
I thought Shout! and Mill Creek were related - recall reading about one acquiring the other or merging several years ago but maybe I was dreaming that because I can find no record of it. They do have some kind of a sub licensing deal that I’m able to find reference to.
skywalker8 is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 02:16 PM
  #8309  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,923
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by skywalker8 View Post
I thought Shout! and Mill Creek were related - recall reading about one acquiring the other or merging several years ago but maybe I was dreaming that because I can find no record of it. They do have some kind of a sub licensing deal that I’m able to find reference to.
Maybe you're thinking about the Shout! purchase of "Timeless Media Group" back in May, 2012. TMG released lots of classic 50s series no one else seemed interested in releasing.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 02:32 PM
  #8310  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 701
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
Maybe you're thinking about the Shout! purchase of "Timeless Media Group" back in May, 2012. TMG released lots of classic 50s series no one else seemed interested in releasing.
Ah that’s it!
skywalker8 is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 03:14 PM
  #8311  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,885
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Zien View Post
Chopping Mall Collector's Edition, usually around $26 for some reason, now at 14.99:

https://www.amazon.com/Chopping-Mall...=chopping+mall
A third-party seller named Park Slope likes dumping cheap copies of Vestron Video titles on Amazon. I've bought from them before and never gotten anything but pristine, new copies.

I've always wondered if small labels place a few cheap copies on Amazon Prime through a third party to get Amazon itself to lower their own price. If people weren't aware, Amazon will start dropping their own price on an item to move the Prime Seller's inventory.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 05:02 PM
  #8312  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,828
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
A third-party seller named Park Slope likes dumping cheap copies of Vestron Video titles on Amazon. I've bought from them before and never gotten anything but pristine, new copies.

I've always wondered if small labels place a few cheap copies on Amazon Prime through a third party to get Amazon itself to lower their own price. If people weren't aware, Amazon will start dropping their own price on an item to move the Prime Seller's inventory.
Do they include slip covers ?
laidbacklarkin is offline  
Old 06-24-18, 07:56 PM
  #8313  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey, U.S.A.
Posts: 506
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Classic Films View Post
I never recall a studio leasing a film to two 3rd parties at the same time. Both releases are scheduled for August with the Mill Creek coming first. There is no reason to believe the releases will have different film elements. I suppose if the Mill Creek double feature is on one disk there might be differences in the quality of the releases. However these films are not exactly known for the high quality of the filming.
The Mill Creek is definitely on one disc. I have this one preordered just because I want Berserk on BluRay. The hope is that it'll be something of an improvement on the Mill Creek DVD I have of this. But I'm not holding my breath on any restoration or upgraded transfer. That, coupled with the needed compression to fit both films on one BD, tells me any improvement will be marginal.
Mickactual is offline  
Old 06-26-18, 02:26 PM
  #8314  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 21,885
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
Do they include slip covers ?
In my experience, yes.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 07-05-18, 08:23 PM
  #8315  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 961
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Assuming the Amazon vs. Wal-Mart price war had quieted down, it's apparently back on. I just bought Flicker Alley's Georges Melies: First Wizard of Cinema collection for $45.49 (lowest price I've ever seen), even less with rewards points:

Amazon Amazon
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Georges-M...inema/55440436
thetao is offline  
Old 07-06-18, 12:52 AM
  #8316  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 8,694
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by story View Post
Planet of the Apes collection, the original 5 movies, is $19.57. I set a Camel alert for $20 and it popped up last night. I'm tempted, but money is a little tight right now and these feels a little superfluous. It has hit $15 a couple times over the last few years. I dunno. Thought I'd pass it along.
Back to $14.99, I bit. All good things come to those who wait.
story is offline  
Old 07-06-18, 11:20 AM
  #8317  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by story View Post
Back to $14.99, I bit. All good things come to those who wait.
Looked quick to see if I could order it for a friend and it seems to be up to 17.99 now.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 07-06-18, 11:43 PM
  #8318  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 8,694
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

hdnmickey, it's back down to $14.96. Don't delay, my friend!
story is offline  
Old 07-07-18, 01:34 AM
  #8319  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,028
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I'm on a Prime 30 day trial, so I bit. Hope I like the films, I didn't as a child.

With the $10 credit for buying this + something on Prime day, it came to $6.44 with tax. Can't beat that.
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 07-07-18, 07:49 AM
  #8320  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,923
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
I'm on a Prime 30 day trial, so I bit. Hope I like the films, I didn't as a child.

With the $10 credit for buying this + something on Prime day, it came to $6.44 with tax. Can't beat that.
For that price it's worth it for the original POTA. IMHO, the 2nd, Beneath.. is somewhat tolerable but laughable, Escape... is better than Beneath... but not as good as the first. Conquest... and Battle... are pretty much wastes of time. They really should have never made the sequels and I think Burton's "disaster" was better than any of those four films. If you were ~6-13 when the sequels were released you likely have a higher opinion of them than I have. I own all the original POTA films for completeness' sake but the only one I watch is the first.

If you've never done so, read the book.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 07-09-18 at 12:50 PM.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 07-07-18, 01:18 PM
  #8321  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 90
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by bobo'link View Post
If you've never done so, read the book.
I'll second that recommendation. It's been a while since I've read it, but I still remember enjoying it immensely!

You have to do a bit of searching, but you can find
Pierre Boulle's <i>Planet of the Apes</i> Pierre Boulle's Planet of the Apes
on Amazon for pretty cheap.
goosh is offline  
Old 07-08-18, 08:07 AM
  #8322  
Moderator
 
nemein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: 1bit away from total disaster
Posts: 34,141
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by goosh View Post
I'll second that recommendation. It's been a while since I've read it, but I still remember enjoying it immensely!

You have to do a bit of searching, but you can find Pierre Boulle's Planet of the Apes on Amazon for pretty cheap.
Second/third that recommendation.
nemein is offline  
Old 07-08-18, 08:03 PM
  #8323  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,028
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
For that price it's worth it for the original POTA. IMHO, the 2nd, Beneath.. is somewhat tolerable but laughable, Escape... is better than Beneath... but not as good as the first. Conquest... and Battle... are pretty much wastes of time. They really should have never made the sequels and think Burton's "disaster" was better than any of those four films. If you were ~6-13 when the sequels were released made you likely have a higher opinion of them than I have. I own all the original POTA films for completeness' sake but the only one I watch is the first.

If you've never done so, read the book.
I actually have a somewhat low opinion of them based on childhood memories; I was hoping I'd like them more at 60 than I did at 10 or so. I got the impression that the op did like them. Wish I would have read you post before ordering!

Guess I'll find out...........
MooMooMooMoo is offline  
Old 07-08-18, 08:17 PM
  #8324  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 37,701
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The Changeling LE went down to $24.99 if anyone interested...
Amazon Amazon
OldBoy is offline  
Old 07-08-18, 08:59 PM
  #8325  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
I actually have a somewhat low opinion of them based on childhood memories; I was hoping I'd like them more at 60 than I did at 10 or so. I got the impression that the op did like them. Wish I would have read you post before ordering!

Guess I'll find out...........
The first couple were great cheesy fun. I have fond memories of going to the movies with dad to see them.

Originally Posted by OldBoy View Post
The Changeling LE went down to $24.99 if anyone interested...https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I reallyt don't care for horror films. I find them stupid and boring. This one however was the exception. I saw this with a girlfriend and found scary and entertaining.
JimRochester is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.