Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-20, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 940 Likes on 794 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
If you are buying The Baytown Outlaws be careful as there is also an action 3pk that has it at Dollar Tree. In related news someone is getting The Baytown Outlaws for xmas.
I picked up The Baytown Outlaws seven years ago and still haven't watched it yet.
The following users liked this post:
laidbacklarkin (11-29-20)
Old 11-30-20, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 367 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I picked up The Baytown Outlaws seven years ago and still haven't watched it yet.
It will probably receive a similar amount of treatment over here.

Also ha! The digital code from Queen Of The Damned with a 2015 expiration date still worked!
Old 12-01-20, 04:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since got so much already i may go to my place see if any new next day off since gotta get some needs and all. but since gotta rest feet more cause so much walk and some pain gotta wait till more days off so not feel rushed and can go and check any. i read or see what anyone gets but i think stores get a different mix of media or it sold before any changet if not many copies at a store. so i go for any of interest or enough extra to wanna see it any later. used to be some or many just wanna see movie but now we wanna check out extra we care to see any. so reading details is like reading ingrediant on a box or package lol. if nothing in it or on it u want then u dont waste funds to get it any. this way media does not turn into hoarding kinda lol.
Old 12-01-20, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll say that Dollar Tree's media sales are a hoarder's nightmare. They've been pushing out more discs than most collectors, even hardcore super-collectors, can cope with. Hard to pass up a Blu-ray for a buck when just five years ago it was hard finding them under $10.
MooMooMooMoo (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll say that Dollar Tree's media sales are a hoarder's nightmare. They've been pushing out more discs than most collectors, even hardcore super-collectors, can cope with. Hard to pass up a Blu-ray for a buck when just five years ago it was hard finding them under $10.
I know what you mean, I would place myself into the super collectors category and my dollar tree purchases are really starting to pile up over here.
MooMooMooMoo (12-01-20)
Old 12-01-20, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

The one good thing about Covid.......... it minimizes my trips to $ Tree & BL.
Old 12-02-20, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Seen on a YouTube video, where a blu-ray of Wonder Woman appeared in a Canadian store.
Old 12-03-20, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by ddrknghtrtns
Seen on a YouTube video, where a blu-ray of Wonder Woman appeared in a Canadian store.
A couple of UHDs have shown up in rare reports from this wave. Probably the most rare item I've come across of late is Justified Season Three Blu-ray.
Old 12-04-20, 01:35 AM

I now try hold off dt trips unless gotta get needs any any care to check for media any. but i know can retry bilots and check for any media i skipped and see if still there if still want it any. cause know they have a media carousel kinda display they can add to so not gotta repack any. so hope they added any no sales to display or just left the display out they are on til after xmas and by chance more sells any. i also can try 99 cent store close to a dt but no promise any good sometimes.
Old 12-07-20, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I just watched it this weekend and loved it. Reminded me of a mix between Kick-Ass and The Warriors. Best $1 I spent in a long time!
Old 12-08-20, 01:39 AM

I by chance scored a bluray ,dvd combo of something i wanted to check out even if cant see extra till later. saw more but was a movie already got on dvd and other magic mike had no real wanna have combo lol. since i not one who feel gotta upgrade so soon i can wait til later to upgrade any. cause for now dvd is like my vhs i happy it got a lot and then can go back if any blu ray of if got xtra goods may get cause it just a buck lol.
Old 12-09-20, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I went to my nearest Dollar Tree for some Xmas cards and to my surprise, they had an endcap completely full of mostly dvds and maybe 20 blu-rays. It seems like they were mostly Warner Bros titles with Wal-Mart stickers on them. I got Spider-Man 2 (Tobey Maguire version) and the Road Warrior along with a few dvds. One odd thing about the Road Warrior blu was that it appeared to have been re-shrinkwrapped. There's some kind of plaster-like substance on the top of the case and there was a few bits of glitter under the plastic. The paper part of the case was beat to hell, so I suspect these are refugees from the Wal-Mart dump bin. For a buck I'm not complaining. The disk was pristine, that's all that matters. The Spider-Man 2 disc and case were both perfect and that was a Sony title, so maybe from a different source.
Old 12-09-20, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,142 Likes on 2,128 Posts

Originally Posted by Quatermass
One odd thing about the Road Warrior blu was that it appeared to have been re-shrinkwrapped. There's some kind of plaster-like substance on the top of the case and there was a few bits of glitter under the plastic. The paper part of the case was beat to hell, so I suspect these are refugees from the Wal-Mart dump bin. For a buck I'm not complaining. The disk was pristine, that's all that matters. The Spider-Man 2 disc and case were both perfect and that was a Sony title, so maybe from a different source.
It's not unusual for someone in the supply chain (studios, distributors, stores) to "refresh" inventory returns. They remove the old shrinkwrap -- which may be shelfworn, have out-of-date hype stickers, or store price stickers -- and rewrap them. Most of the time, you won't even notice.
Old 12-10-20, 11:55 AM

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Went to a local store yesterday and saw Conjuring 1 & 2. Picked up Blu-ray for shark movie Frenzy and these horror DVD’s: MST3K Undead, Jackals, Murder Party, and Nazi Zombie Massacre 2
Old 12-10-20, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 410 Likes on 259 Posts

I had to travel this week and stopped by several of the stores I visited 2 weeks ago. It was obvious at most of them, that additional box(es) had been added to the respective displays. There were several new-to-me BDs I noticed. Nothing too exciting, but I still managed to come home with a few.
Old 12-13-20, 07:45 PM

Stopped by several other stores found more horror DVD’s: Clowntown, Stalled, The Devils Dolls, and Blu-ray’s for Outpost Black Sun & Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop
Old 12-15-20, 02:35 AM

I checkd in past for any and got a nice bag or more of media. i not much for horror or thriller now days as i used to be and besides most time any is more like independent versions then any major studio it seems now. so i go for interest and any with extra to make it worth a grab even if it is a buck any. so i get a nice mix and any of extras by chance any.
Old 12-20-20, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,356 Likes on 928 Posts

There is a DT around the corner form my house that I have been hitting up periodically for cheap housewares or classroom decorations.

I almost bought Gravity and the Road Warrior a few days ago ...then I thought about DVDTalk and put them back. $2 of more shelf clutter ... I may not resist next time though.
Old 12-20-20, 03:48 PM

Yea, if u in that stage like some or many try get rid of clutter it becomes a wait and see to where u have idea what at place but give window of time to get it or not. also if it ment to be and not sold then snag it and enjoy. that how i have saved by not knowing what at a place and so i wait and if find or see again i think how bad i want it at time and i either snag it or not. like past trip i only got like 4 blind buys as i have read some say with extras. so i try make sure it worth it at time.
Old 12-20-20, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
...then I thought about DVDTalk and put them back. $2 of more shelf clutter ... I may not resist next time though.
??? Isn’t this literally a site devoted to purchasing physical media? I am confused.
The following 2 users liked this post by SterlingBen:
Alan Smithee (12-21-20), mapman1 (07-13-21)
Old 12-21-20, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 392 Likes on 325 Posts

Can't seem to find anything worth picking up at my local stores
Old 12-22-20, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just wish they'd separate the Blu-rays from the DVDs. Hunting through boxes of no-name movies on DVD for the handful of included BDs is a pain.
Old 12-22-20, 03:54 PM

I picked up about 20 DVDS and 5 Blu-ray’s the past few weeks. For a buck why not? I enjoyed Murder Party, Stalled, Clown Town and Beyond the Gates. Still a bunch I haven’t watched yet

Last edited by Captsmee.00; 12-22-20 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Misspell
Old 12-22-20, 05:24 PM
and
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprisingly all of my local stores were cleaned out the last week or so
Old 12-22-20, 10:14 PM

Yea, i guess since some or many know dt got media that almost everyone checks for any real wants or just to try resell any i guess lol. i might be wrong but seen videos where 1 just took most blu rays and left rest dvd just to go hme and keep any want and sell rest lol. but i am happy i can score any good or worthy media at time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.