Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-20, 08:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

I am like the same way kinda, to save and all if i know i cant play or have a box to use it any i just stick to combo blu ray dvd or just dvds any. im lucky if i score any the combos cause since they come with blu rays i guess others get for their collection or just resell it later. it cool to know others have be chance found 4k any at stores really, so any game is like luck of the draw. i see it as first come first serve, if u get there and see what u want then snag it or might regret not do so at time.
Old 07-04-20, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Stopped by one of the local Dollar Tree stores in my area today.

Nothing but DVDs
Old 07-04-20, 06:23 PM

I dont mind checking, maybe new stock by chance. if ever any blu rays those most time i think sell faster then dvds now. seen resellers brag snag so many just to resell later if wanted. i only grab blu rays if combo with dvd by chance.
Old 07-18-20, 11:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Local stores in NJ have been getting in a new shipment this week.
One store I visited midweek had them out, but already mostly picked over.
Second store I visited yesterday (7/17) had just put them out. They were on a metal rolling table by the entrance which they usually put their deal of the week on. About 100 DVD's and maybe 15 BluRays. Many repeats from the last batch. I noticed several had French writing, so I assume are Canadian discs. A good number of Echo Bridge sets with 8-10 movies squashed onto each disc, and many still had WalMart stickers firmly attached. No Blu's of interest. There were season sets of Being Human (U.K.) and Wings on DVD.
I only ended up getting one DVD: November Criminals with Chloé Grace Moretz and Ansel Elgort.
Old 07-19-20, 11:45 PM

Went other day and had none new, went to 99 cent store had a bunch so it made up for any dt not have at time. can try again later if anything. and by that time maybe picked over lol.
Old 07-22-20, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Found the new wave with some new titles in the mix. More DVDs than Blu-rays, but a lot of value titles from Echo Bridge and other small labels. I would generally say that DVD fans will be happier with this assortment.

Kicks
Driven
Spiders triple feature
Ideal home
Shock and Awe
Old 07-22-20, 05:48 PM

I wonder if the reason not see blu rays as much as dvd anytime is cause it get picked over before we get there or traffic just does not buy dvd as much anymore. then to find 4k or games is by chance anytime now. i hoping to go this week and to score any gems but i know it not a promise if others know of sale by all videos on youtube now lol.
Old 07-23-20, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I did come across a couple XBOX games this time. I think it was Madden 2017. The real deal is the first season DVD set for Get Shorty. A good show, but it comes with a digital code that gives you the entire season in HDX quality on VUDU.
Old 07-23-20, 08:49 PM

I went to my store and by chance like others store do had their boxes out ahead of day so scored many almost a bluray combo but wanted other stuff instead lol. almost got get shorty but have movies and never saw the series so skipped for now but if there later can grab later by chance. but did make sure sure grab other gems and walked away with half bag full lol. saw videos posted what possible so was hoping can score a copy and by chance did since some stuff had copies so made sure snag a copy. this collecting is an addition lol, but have to replace cable later if ever gotta.
Old 07-24-20, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Hit my 2 closest stores today. At one of them I was there when they opened the boxes at the front of the store. Came away with a few BDs, but nothing real exciting:

American Hangman
The Amityville Horror (newer one)
Astronaut
Dark Was the Night
Warning Shot

Probably happier with a few of the DVDs that I found:

Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts (with a toy included)
The Best of So Graham Norton
Get Shorty: Season 1
The Protectors: The Complete Collection
SNL: The Best of '09/'10
The Spectacular Spiderman: Volume 1
Old 07-24-20, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Big Echo Bridge Entertainment dump this time around, seems. I didn't know EB was still producing discs, most of these are recent as in from 2018
  • Astronaut (*Richard Dreyfuss, slip)
  • Orphan Horse (*Jon Voight, slip)
  • El Dorado - Temple of the Sun)
  • Dark was the Night (*Marisa Tomei, slip)
  • The Pirates of Somalia (*Al Pacino)
  • Taboo (*Tom Hardy)
  • Running from my roots
  • Help, I Shrunk my parents
  • The Guard of Auschwitz
  • Adentures At The Chocolate Factory
  • Warning Shot (Slip)
  • British Mystery Collection (DVD, B&W, 2085 mins on 2 discs !)
  • Distorted
  • Jack Hunter Lost Treasure of Ugarit
  • American Hangman
  • Attrition (*ing the inimitable, one and only Steven Seagal)
Non Echo Bridge Titles:
  • Don't Knock Twice (Scream Factory)
  • Kicks (Universal)
  • Stand up Guys (EOne)
  • Shock and Awe (Vertical Entertainment)
  • Beyond Skyline (Vertical Entertainment)
  • Maximum Impact (Sony)
  • Ideal Home (Sony)
  • Ace Venture 2 pack (DVD
EDIT: Awful reviews on more than half of them :-)

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 07-25-20 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-24-20, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
The real deal is the first season DVD set for Get Shorty. A good show, but it comes with a digital code that gives you the entire season in HDX quality on VUDU.
My copy did not come with one. ☹️

I’ll live with it! 😀

The rest of my haul, picked up at assorted stores in the boonies:

Blu’s

Blitz

The Hornet’s Nest

Strad Style

DVDs

The Heroes of World War II (3 disc set)

Merantau

Muhammad Ali: Through the Eyes of the World

Chef: The Complete Series Three

The Raconteurs: Live at Montreaux 2008

Robert the Doll Double Feature
Old 07-24-20, 06:34 PM

Yea, i seen what stuff places get and know not all get same kinda mix i guess. i just know to be ther days ahead of real street date u might say cause some stores stock any ahead of time to get rid of stuff that comes in for space in back i guess. i check in front and if none i know to check tech area for the mother load so to speak lol. so nice to get any i real want and tehn recheck and put back any i can wait or no interest to keep any i really do want and not regret grabbing at times. since no blu ray player i get comb with dvd if any and wanna see anytime or just dvd most times with 1 movie or value pack of many in bundle.
Old 07-24-20, 07:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went to four Dollar Trees and picked up about 50 movies. here's all the crap I got.

Old 07-25-20, 08:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I had to request to have them put out, but I got first crack at them at my local store. I found 34, almost half being horror movies. My copy of Get Shorty didn't come with a digital copy, either. There was one stray Xbox One game (Titanfall 2). Wish I could've found that Raconteurs Montreux dvd. Instead, they had Nile Rodgers & Chic Live at Montreaux. They also had Motorhead - Ace of Spades (Classic Albums), which I already own.
Old 07-25-20, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I saw one DVD for Jane's Addiction and no other music releases. Like others, I came across many Echo Bridge Blu-rays. Nothing too great, frankly. There were more interesting DVDs this time around if you got to a store early. I got the first two seasons of Just Shoot Me and the second season DVD of the British Office.
Old 07-26-20, 12:26 AM

I have like 2 stores close by but for now can only go to one since it closer and got anice half bag full after i had to recheck to see what i want most or might have had another bag almost full. scored most dvd of any i real want. and know always option got back for more to grab any i still want of this stock left over. not many expect media as for movies and such to be at dt anytime, but guessing staff are aware or get calls so any box come in is picked over ahead of time but by chance stil score some gems since any resellers by chance do not take all copies of any certain dvd . not often are their so many of blu rays i think just happens with dvds really. i guess cause so many have moved to blu ray that their are not 2 x copies of blu ray any or they sell sooner then dvd.
Old 07-30-20, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got first crack at one store, and an early go at two others. Picked up some common titles, at least five with digital:

Blu-ray:
A.D.: The Bible Continues
Kicks (digital: iTunes only)
Ideal Home
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Outrage: Way of the Yakuza
Robocop (2014) (digital)
Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) (digital)
Spy (digital)
Torchwood: Season 2

DVD:
Get Shorty Season 1
Magnificent Seven Collection

Haven't checked my Get Shorty yet, but Mag7 has digital too.
Old 07-30-20, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
I got first crack at one store, and an early go at two others. Picked up some common titles, at least five with digital:

Blu-ray:
A.D.: The Bible Continues
Kicks (digital: iTunes only)
Ideal Home
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Outrage: Way of the Yakuza
Robocop (2014) (digital)
Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) (digital)
Spy (digital)
Torchwood: Season 2

DVD:
Get Shorty Season 1
Magnificent Seven Collection

Haven't checked my Get Shorty yet, but Mag7 has digital too.
and that Mag 7 code is supposed to redeem in HDX despite being in the DVD set. Can you confirm ?
Old 07-30-20, 07:41 PM
Cool New Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
and that Mag 7 code is supposed to redeem in HDX despite being in the DVD set. Can you confirm ?
Not the person you asked but I also bought it and can confirm the bundle redeems in HD.
The following 2 users liked this post by WalkingDisaster:
izatright (07-30-20), laidbacklarkin (07-30-20)
Old 07-30-20, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WalkingDisaster is right: Magnificent Seven redeems HDX, but Vudu only.

My Get Shorty Season 1 had a code, and it redeemed HDX as well. On the back of the DVD case, just above the 20th Century Fox logo, it says, "IF DIGITAL VERSION INCLUDED..." Can anyone who bought one, but DIDN'T get a code, let me know if theirs had the same language? Trying to figure out if this is definitive proof of content, or if they just left that on even after they stopped including them.

Last edited by izatright; 07-30-20 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-31-20, 12:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by izatright
My Get Shorty Season 1 had a code, and it redeemed HDX as well. On the back of the DVD case, just above the 20th Century Fox logo, it says, "IF DIGITAL VERSION INCLUDED..." Can anyone who bought one, but DIDN'T get a code, let me know if theirs had the same language? Trying to figure out if this is definitive proof of content, or if they just left that on even after they stopped including them.
Mine didn't come with one, and the box has that disclaimer.
Old 08-05-20, 08:41 PM

Any copy my store had it sold so no worries there, but did snag any decent still left over from last shipment. seems any videos i see on youtube is from stores that get a lot or the shopper just learn of any and snag any they real want. thought start of aug was new stuff but nope just saw leftovers from last shipment store got. or we got none new cause stores get boxes and some stock sooner then others anytime.
Old 08-06-20, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I walked into the closest DT today to get a pack of hangers. They still had a reasonable quantity of the last batch of films though they were obviously picked through, but it was basically junk. I bought an Echo Bridge blu (basically blind buy) of Ship Of Fools/Lilith. Only other thing of interest was Season 2 of a BBC series called the Office on dvd; but since they didn't have S1 I passed.
Old 08-15-20, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts

People on BR.com are saying 8/21/20 deal of the week is Blu-rays/DVDs again. Some stores have already put out stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.