Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Old 06-11-19, 09:44 PM

Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Can only guess when u sell anything, u gotta check what is posted so u not waste try sell what not already on the site. most i just grab for me and if any to skip hassles of selling, i just donate for space later lol.
Old 06-12-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There is an asian guy in my town, who the local retail employees have nicknamed Tony Chen, that has basically cleaned off all the Dollar Tree stores in the areas of DVDs, BDs and Star Wars toys. From what I've been told, the guy has lost the privileges of returning things to stores, including Target, Best Buy, Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls, as he was abusing the system by trying to return what he didn't sell online or at flea markets. Because of him, my Dollar Tree stores are basically empty of the movies you guys have posted.
Old 06-12-19, 11:21 AM

I have yet to ever see a Blu-ray or DVD in a single Dollar Tree in my neck of the woods.
Old 06-12-19, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
There is an asian guy in my town, who the local retail employees have nicknamed Tony Chen, that has basically cleaned off all the Dollar Tree stores in the areas of DVDs, BDs and Star Wars toys. From what I've been told, the guy has lost the privileges of returning things to stores, including Target, Best Buy, Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls, as he was abusing the system by trying to return what he didn't sell online or at flea markets. Because of him, my Dollar Tree stores are basically empty of the movies you guys have posted.
That's a particularly selfish and nasty way to operate as a reseller, but I know it was common practice for resellers to wipe out Big Lots back in the day and do the same thing, abusing their return window.

Old 06-12-19, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Hood View Post
Every town seems to have at least one opportunist who spoils the fun by wiping-out the shelves and then making countless attempts to abuse the return policy system for a buck or two.
Old 06-12-19, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still trying to find a $1 Robocop. No luck yet.
Old 06-12-19, 06:35 PM

I saw a few robocop - the recent reboot movie that is- the last time i was there as a br/dvd combo etc. have not been back since cause the heat and all can like ruin mood to walk alot at times. so i do what i can early if possible, at store or thrift places.
Old 06-12-19, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
That's a particularly selfish and nasty way to operate as a reseller, but I know it was common practice for resellers to wipe out Big Lots back in the day and do the same thing, abusing their return window.
Originally Posted by orangerunner View Post
Every town seems to have at least one opportunist who spoils the fun by wiping-out the shelves and then making countless attempts to abuse the return policy system for a buck or two.
I've encountered the guy twice in my life. The first time was in 2010, before Best Buy had the order online and pick up in store worked out, and I went to the nearby BB to pick up the Animal Crossing bundle that came with the Wii controller for $12. When I got to the store, the guy had picked all 20 bundles in stock. An employee tried to convince him to leave a couple for other customers like myself but he bought them all. 28 days later, the guy came back with like 7 of the bundles and returned them. By this time, the bundles were not on sale anymore, so they were priced back up to like $40 and were there until they were put on clearance, where I was told by several employees, that he came back and bought them all again. By this time, he had already burned his return policy with the store.

The second time I encountered this douchebag was in 2016, when I had my comic book store. The guy showed up on Free Comic Book day around 2PM and walked in the store like a fucking tornado, running to the shelves and grabbing books without rhyme or reason and then coming to the register and asking if the books he had on his hands were free because he heard on the news that the store was giving comic books away that day. I told him that those were not the books, that the free books were in the shelf near the kids section and that it was a limit of 2 per customer. He tried to argue with me that he had heard in the news that it was any comic in the store for free. I told him once again that he was mistaken and politely told him that he could take only 2 comic books from the designated ones that were free that day. He dropped the stack of around 25 books in the register, ran to the back, got 2 books and left. He showed up once again at 8:55PM to see if there were more free books that he could get. I told him no, and he left once again and never saw him walk to the store after that.
Old 06-13-19, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I was one who "wiped out" BL in the day, but I never returned anything other than floaters. I ended up eating a lot of dvd's. I probably made a small profit off of about a $1500 monthly expenditure. That was not my only product, but there was a time when BL was cheaper on many dvd's than overstock wholesalers.
Old 06-13-19, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo View Post
I was one who "wiped out" BL in the day, but I never returned anything other than floaters. I ended up eating a lot of dvd's. I probably made a small profit off of about a $1500 monthly expenditure. That was not my only product, but there was a time when BL was cheaper on many dvd's than overstock wholesalers.
These resellers would buy all the stock, put it up on eBay and the like for 29 days, and then anything that didn't sell would get returned to Big Lots. They were basically abusing Big Lots' return window.

Old 06-14-19, 05:46 PM

I went to Dollar Tree earlier today to pick up some paper plates. While there I thought I'd look around for BD or DVD's but didn't see any including the few I generally see in the electronics accessories aisle. Certainly no display promotion stuff. In any case, I also saw they are now having items marked as "Dollar Tree Plus" (I think it was plus) for items over a $1.00. Generally larger sizes Fabric Softener and detergent and the like. Clearly marked with higher price stickers. Overheard employee talking to a customer and she mentioned $2 to $5 items Apparently emulating Dollar General stores or something. Perhaps in the future, they will have BD and DVD for more than $1 like sets or gift boxes.
Old 06-15-19, 02:09 PM

Guessing like biglots does, they sell dvd and blu rays for decent price and highest i seen in real or video is boxset for 10. can only guess as times change as 99 cent store has done same with stuff over the years that some things still 99 cents or more do to changes and any ownership change so stuff gonna cost more. but compared to other places what is sold is still cheaper sometimes unless u like driving around wasting gas just to get in more cheap then it already is sometimes.