Reload this Page >

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Old 09-14-10, 10:06 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 557 Likes on 479 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

got the e-mail too and might use it for something else. very nice!

Last edited by OldBoy; 09-14-10 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received the e-mail. DVD Talk Powers activate!
Old 09-14-10, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY View Post
I haven't order this yet.

Might be lucky by skipping the cancellation order.

Just watch & learn.
Too bad you didn't order this yet.

Not so lucky by skipping the cancellation order.

Just read (our posts) & yearn.
Old 09-14-10, 10:22 PM

Just got my email regarding the credit! Thanks again Scott1598
Old 09-14-10, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan View Post
Just got my email regarding the credit! Thanks again Scott1598
nice!
Old 09-14-10, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

Funny thing is I was wondering if I really wanted to pay $15 for it... Then they canceled it.. so nothing spent.. now I have a credit to make it what I was wondering if I really wanted to pay.. cause we all know it may be cheaper some other way.. of course I bet the single disc version will be the Black Friday give-away... so this edition may be the better ... well ... yeah... choices..
Old 09-14-10, 11:06 PM

Yeah I called a second time today at about 3 PM. Got into a long debate with a "supervisor" over this whole situation. The "supervisor" told me that she felt that we have no legs to stand on about this situation because Walmart has their little "terms and conditions" and that alone is their justification for this. I pretty much enforced that its a horrible business practice to tell me that my order is canceled due to "limited availability" yet turn around and tell me that I can buy it for a higher price. I also asked given how big Walmart is as a company why they don't have a team that has to approve these such things before they go up on the site in order to prevent this to which she has no reply.

In the end I am glad Walmart did the right thing which is honor the price point that people purchased the product for. We all bought the combo pack in good faith at $15 then got mislead on why the orders were canceled. In the end its fixed but honestly I won't order from Walmart.com again after this. This is my first time using Walmart.com and if this is any indication on how they run things then I'd rather take my business elsewhere.

Thanks to The Consumerist in which I feel that them posting that story earlier today really helped push things along. Also thanks to everyone for calling Walmart to let them know how unhappy you are about this. Its about time we win one over a giant corporation like this.
Old 09-14-10, 11:21 PM

Bravo to those who got the gift card & discounts. Naysayser never learn because the fight is never over. Its the principle. Many nods to Mr. Cinema for the heads up and gold nuggets to the consumers who emailed, voiced in store & called Wallyworld & other agencies. I smiled at the Consumerist article!! Perhaps, the long standing enthusiasts here can develop a simple whisle blower procedure coupled with a few preformed emails that the group can send out or voice when dealing with another issue. Of course, numbers/addresses of said company will be posted. Im glad to help & like the Credit Card/Debt forums, people learn about their rights & scams out there! Anyway, im glad to be a newbie amongst fellow media lovers & dealchasers! ; )

Last edited by ballershanelle; 09-14-10 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-14-10, 11:24 PM

Seriously this is even better. Now I can get something else I wanted and like others said wait until black friday when this is likely to be cheaper. Thanks all!
Old 09-14-10, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
Seriously this is even better. Now I can get something else I wanted and like others said wait until black friday when this is likely to be cheaper. Thanks all!
Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if its the Blu-Ray only edition that goes on sale and for not much off compared to getting the combo pack for $15. I could be wrong but that's my gut instinct.
Old 09-15-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 110 Likes on 88 Posts

I agree the sale item later will likely be the non-combo br only edition.. I guess the one thing is this.. if they would have canceled it per a pricing error, I likely would have never sent an email.. just been dissapointed.. but since it said.. some inventory issue thing.. well..that meant an email if for nothing else but to question why if it was a pre-order could the stock already be gone..
Old 09-15-10, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

They are sending me a card for 21 and change since i ordered 2 hoping to save my brother a bit of cash. Thanks to all of you that helped bring this about.
Old 09-15-10, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 118 Posts

Got the GC order but no GC yet. Good of them to do this.
Old 09-15-10, 07:15 AM

It's great that Walmart did the right thing. Would have been nice if they didn't make us jump through hoops for the better part of the day yesterday, but in the end they came through and did the right thing. A lot of posts have that us complainers are just whiny and need a life, but it is the mass complaints that spur results like this. As consumers, we have been strung along and taken advantage of by corporate American too many times. Our voice is the only the weapon the people have left ... use it proudly!

Thanks to the DVD talk mods for not shutting down this board like the forum nazi's did on another certain Blu-ray site!
Old 09-15-10, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the eCard email also so more power to the people.
Old 09-15-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
I'm definitely happy with WM's peace offering. Now I can get one of the other store exclusives, and use the WM credit for something else. Huge kudos to WM for doing the right thing. This way, they keep their customers happy. I assume there were people who ordered multiple copies, so WM still saved some money by canceling the orders, and didn't piss off their customers.
Old 09-15-10, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

So, has anyone received the e-mail with the actual eGift Card?
Old 09-15-10, 03:56 PM

Nope... they said within 24hours I believe in the email so time is ticking!
Old 09-15-10, 04:05 PM

yeah i got the same thing. on top of honoring this price, wal mart also gave me Prince of Persia(BR+DVD+DC) for free...they even used the $8 coupon that was supposed to be used for it on the package of blank DVDs i bought. you figure,"okay this guy got a blu ray that was $29.99 and a pack of blank DVDs that was $8.88, minus $8 for the coupon, how does the total come out to $1.50?" HAHA thank you for having such illiterate employees!!!!
Old 09-15-10, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
yeah i got the same thing. on top of honoring this price, wal mart also gave me Prince of Persia(BR+DVD+DC) for free...they even used the $8 coupon that was supposed to be used for it on the package of blank DVDs i bought. you figure,"okay this guy got a blu ray that was $29.99 and a pack of blank DVDs that was $8.88, minus $8 for the coupon, how does the total come out to $1.50?" HAHA thank you for having such illiterate employees!!!!
Good thing you got blank DVDs for $1.50, I heard that movie wasn't worth nothing. So it all worked out!
Old 09-15-10, 04:26 PM

I've yet to get my gift card either, but what I'm really waiting for is the hold on my debit card from when I first ordered it for $15 to go away. I'd rather not order it again and have 2 holds of $15 on my debit card show up.
Old 09-15-10, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
Good thing you got blank DVDs for $1.50, I heard that movie wasn't worth nothing. So it all worked out!
It wasn't the greatest movie, but it was okay. I don't think it's my place to correct an employee that can't do their job right. I just made sure she deactivated it so the detectors wouldn't catch it, I said are you sure you deactivated it cause it's so embarrassing when the detectors go off. Hahaha Thats the second time that's happened to me.
Old 09-15-10, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by vmars View Post
I've yet to get my gift card either, but what I'm really waiting for is the hold on my debit card from when I first ordered it for $15 to go away. I'd rather not order it again and have 2 holds of $15 on my debit card show up.
i was waiting for that too. luckily, it evaporated today. dislike when companies do that prior to shipping.
Old 09-15-10, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check your email. I just received the gift card.
Old 09-15-10, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Check your email. I just received the gift card.
Same here.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.