Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Old 09-15-10, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Reordered using the gift card for the Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital Copy version. My net cost was $16.31.

Order Summary
Subtotal: $24.96
Shipping: Free
Tax: $2.18

Order Total: $27.14
Gift Card Payment:
6059-4205-0029-xxxx $10.83

Balance Charged to Credit Card: $16.31
Old 09-15-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
It wasn't the greatest movie, but it was okay. I don't think it's my place to correct an employee that can't do their job right. I just made sure she deactivated it so the detectors wouldn't catch it, I said are you sure you deactivated it cause it's so embarrassing when the detectors go off. Hahaha Thats the second time that's happened to me.
same as stealing man.. You should have said something... However if they overcharged you, you would have made a big stink.. Maybe next time they do that to you you can chalk it up to.
I don't think it's my place to correct an employee that can't do their job right.
Old 09-15-10, 08:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrenaline78 View Post
same as stealing man.. You should have said something... However if they overcharged you, you would have made a big stink.. Maybe next time they do that to you you can chalk it up to.
Hahaha good catch!
Old 09-15-10, 10:48 PM

Got mine as well. Good going Walmart. I have to say they heard our outcry and answered very quickly in a more than agreeable manner.
Old 09-15-10, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yeah i got the same thing. on top of honoring this price, wal mart also gave me Prince of Persia(BR+DVD+DC) for free...they even used the $8 coupon that was supposed to be used for it on the package of blank DVDs i bought. you figure,"okay this guy got a blu ray that was $29.99 and a pack of blank DVDs that was $8.88, minus $8 for the coupon, how does the total come out to $1.50?" HAHA thank you for having such illiterate employees!!!!
If this is true, I'm curious to hear the story how you managed to get Pirnce of Persia and a pack of DVDs for free... was this in the store or over the phone with a Walmart rep?

I figured I'm lucky to get the eGiftcard. I'm not sure if I'll reorder Iron Man 2 or use it on something else. I'll probably wait until right before release to decide. One thing I didn't see in the eGiftcard email was an expiration date. Does anyone know how long it's good for?
Old 09-15-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also got the egiftcard in my email few minutes ago.
Old 09-15-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Do we have to call to initiate the gift card giving or should we expect it if we had our order cancelled?
Old 09-15-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
Do we have to call to initiate the gift card giving or should we expect it if we had our order cancelled?
You should expect it if you got the same e-mail last night that others have described. Got mine around 11 PM Eastern.
Old 09-16-10, 12:05 AM

Hmmm. I was totally going to let this drop until this unexpected development. Very glad I ordered 2. Very surprise they gave me back $20+.
Old 09-16-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
You should expect it if you got the same e-mail last night that others have described. Got mine around 11 PM Eastern.
The only email that I have received was the cancellation email. Was there another one sent out?
Old 09-16-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
The only email that I have received was the cancellation email. Was there another one sent out?
Yes. It should have said something like this:

You recently received an email from us that your order of Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) (Widescreen) had been canceled due to a limited supply issue. The cancellation was due to a pricing error on this item, not a supply issue. We're sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.

To thank you for your understanding, we will honor the $15 price that was displayed at the time of your purchase. We will email you an eGift Card to cover the difference from the current price of $24.96 plus tax. Your eGift card will be emailed within the next 24 hours and can be applied towards the purchase of this item or a different item. We’ll issue one eGift Card per affected customer; this card can be used online at Walmart.com only.
Old 09-16-10, 06:31 AM

i dont look at it as stealing. yes, if they over charge me, and i catch it i will say something, if im on not on top of it and i am over charged, would they be stealing from me? or what about it im handed back my change and its $10 short and i walk out of the store before i realize the mistake; they wont give back my money unless i catch it on the spot, would that be stealing from me? so me capitalizing on their mistake is hardly stealing. i had every intention to purchase the movie and i lucked out, IMO. is it my fault walmart hires degenerates that lack the common sense to catch something like that? $1.50 total, and she didnt have the audacity to step in a say that something might be wrong? besides, they lied to over 12,000(according to the rep i talked to on the phone) customers about the IM2 debacle, so even if i might have been just a little wrong for it, theyre business practice seems just as immoral. and i know, two wrongs dont make a right, but thats just how the world is.....
Old 09-16-10, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SPRBD View Post
Hmmm. I was totally going to let this drop until this unexpected development. Very glad I ordered 2. Very surprise they gave me back $20+.
Sounds like you got lucky, since they said "We’ll issue one eGift Card per affected customer"
Old 09-16-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 524 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Sounds like you got lucky, since they said "We’ll issue one eGift Card per affected customer"
Yes, but it doesn't say anything about the amount. It doesn't say if you ordered 2 they won't issue you and eGift card in the amount of 20.xx.
Old 09-16-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i dont look at it as stealing. yes, if they over charge me, and i catch it i will say something, if im on not on top of it and i am over charged, would they be stealing from me? or what about it im handed back my change and its $10 short and i walk out of the store before i realize the mistake; they wont give back my money unless i catch it on the spot, would that be stealing from me? so me capitalizing on their mistake is hardly stealing. i had every intention to purchase the movie and i lucked out, IMO. is it my fault walmart hires degenerates that lack the common sense to catch something like that? $1.50 total, and she didnt have the audacity to step in a say that something might be wrong? besides, they lied to over 12,000(according to the rep i talked to on the phone) customers about the IM2 debacle, so even if i might have been just a little wrong for it, theyre business practice seems just as immoral. and i know, two wrongs dont make a right, but thats just how the world is.....
It's stealing. Just because it's the big bad corporation doesn't make it any less theft. They made up for their false email and gave the people a gift card, that makes them ok in my book. You should have said something. Remember, karma is a bitch and it WILL come back and bite you in the ass someday.
Old 09-16-10, 11:53 AM

Well, It's not stealing.

Unethical? Sure, maybe.

I love how people are willing to jump on someone for taking advantage of a mistake. I think people who do this are jealous they didn't get the deal.

I keep forgetting how all of you stone throwers have polished halos.

I told someone the other day they made a mistake and gave me too much money. I have told people at stores they made a mistake and didn't charge me for something, and they have looked at me like I'm asking them for more money. They don't get I'm trying to give it back.

If your TRYING to hoodwink someone, then yeah that's not cool. If you get a deal and walk out trying to figure out what happened, and you realize they did this or that, oh well! That is the responsibility of the employees!

Everyone who is going on about this guy needs to get a freakin' life and stop acting like your above it, because you are NOT.
Old 09-16-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foofighters7 View Post

Everyone who is going on about this guy needs to get a freakin' life and stop acting like your above it, because you are NOT.
So that is you in the black oldsmobile following me around. I mean it must be you if you KNOW that it is something that I do and that I am not above it. You must have intimate knowledge of me that even I don't know. I will wave next time I see you in your car following me around

Oh, and it's you're, not your... just a friendly reminder from your local grammar nazi. :P
Old 09-16-10, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon View Post
So that is you in the black oldsmobile following me around. I mean it must be you if you KNOW that it is something that I do and that I am not above it. You must have intimate knowledge of me that even I don't know. I will wave next time I see you in your car following me around

Oh, and it's you're, not your... just a friendly reminder from your local grammar nazi. :P
I'll see you in the Hague.
Old 09-16-10, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foofighters7 View Post
I'll see you in the Hague.
lol

And to reinterate, I guess I forgot the word like. It is LIKE stealing, while not really stealing. He didn't walk in and just walk out the door without paying for it, it actually went through the checkout. To me, morals wise it is like stealing. I don't do it, but everyone is different. Very questionable to me though.
Old 09-16-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's stealing. Just because it's the big bad corporation doesn't make it any less theft. They made up for their false email and gave the people a gift card, that makes them ok in my book. You should have said something. Remember, karma is a bitch and it WILL come back and bite you in the ass someday.
You're wasting your time. Just check the screen name of the offender, and you'll know exactly where he's coming from.
Old 09-16-10, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k View Post
You're wasting your time. Just check the screen name of the offender, and you'll know exactly where he's coming from.
i think that it is ironic that you are criticizing me for being a little immoral, and then just sit there and judge me based upon my screen name. i used it because it is my gamertag. i have no problem paying for EVERYTHING that i own, but if an employee that has 2 years experience, fucks up like that, sure, i dont mind getting something for free. tell me one person who wouldnt? and before you rip on me about the "2 years" of experience, i just meant that she knows what shes doing, more so than a new employee, and know better than making petty mistakes like this. i agree with the guy that said you guys are mad because it didnt happen to you guys. im not going to argue with you guys about it anymore, its pointless. i just figured id post my story, i didnt think it would have gotten so many negative remarks.
and BTW, to the guy that said something about karma, there is no such thing as karma.....im just saying.
Old 09-16-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i think that it is ironic that you are criticizing me for being a little immoral, and then just sit there and judge me based upon my screen name. i used it because it is my gamertag. i have no problem paying for EVERYTHING that i own, but if an employee that has 2 years experience, fucks up like that, sure, i dont mind getting something for free. tell me one person who wouldnt? and before you rip on me about the "2 years" of experience, i just meant that she knows what shes doing, more so than a new employee, and know better than making petty mistakes like this. i agree with the guy that said you guys are mad because it didnt happen to you guys. im not going to argue with you guys about it anymore, its pointless. i just figured id post my story, i didnt think it would have gotten so many negative remarks.
and BTW, to the guy that said something about karma, there is no such thing as karma.....im just saying.

so you posted something that while questionable on the theft is generally thought of as completly immoral and didn't expect feedback on that? Are you new to the internet or something? If so then Welcome to the internet. The employee could have been new for all you know, and they could have lost their job over this. It is all possible. I'm not mad because I didn't get the opportunity to rip off a company. I would have let them know their mistake. As for karma, we'll see I once had a friend say "I would rather believe in god and find out they don't exist, than to not believe and find out they do" I'm not religious, but that can be used in other things than just religion
Old 09-16-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i think that it is ironic that you are criticizing me for being a little immoral, and then just sit there and judge me based upon my screen name....
I don't think anyone is criticizing you for taking advantage of a retail slip-up, just showing a lack of class by posting about it on a public forum. Just take your deal and move on.

P.S. - "Shift" key will get you caps.
Old 09-16-10, 03:43 PM

so you posted something that while questionable on the theft is generally thought of as completly immoral and didn't expect feedback on that? Are you new to the internet or something? If so then Welcome to the internet. The employee could have been new for all you know, and they could have lost their job over this. It is all possible. I'm not mad because I didn't get the opportunity to rip off a company. I would have let them know their mistake. As for karma, we'll see I once had a friend say "I would rather believe in god and find out they don't exist, than to not believe and find out they do" I'm not religious, but that can be used in other things than just religion
you may not be new to the internet but you seem ignorant none the less. as i stated she had 2 years experience, according to her name tag. that is why i specifically stated how long she had been there. and if she had gotten fired, then good riddance, ive worked in a factory and have seen people get fired for less. and then you say,"im not religious" but you believe in karma. do you even know where karma originated? why dont you use the internet to find out.....karma is nothing more than a fancy name for cause and effect, thats all.
Old 09-16-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ooooooh boy, this thread is headin' for the lock!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.