Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Old 09-16-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Originally Posted by middlefinger
you may not be new to the internet but you seem ignorant none the less. as i stated she had 2 years experience, according to her name tag. that is why i specifically stated how long she had been there. and if she had gotten fired, then good riddance, ive worked in a factory and have seen people get fired for less. and then you say,"im not religious" but you believe in karma. do you even know where karma originated? why dont you use the internet to find out.....karma is nothing more than a fancy name for cause and effect, thats all.

Thank you Mr Wizard. Still doesn't change my point that your Cause could have had a negative Effect that could come back and get you in the long run some day. Have a great day.

I won't do anymore, the guy has 6 posts and I'm assuming he's here to troll, if so then I got trolled... I won't be posting anymore about it
Old 09-16-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i dont look at it as stealing. yes, if they over charge me, and i catch it i will say something, if im on not on top of it and i am over charged, would they be stealing from me? or what about it im handed back my change and its $10 short and i walk out of the store before i realize the mistake; they wont give back my money unless i catch it on the spot, would that be stealing from me? so me capitalizing on their mistake is hardly stealing. i had every intention to purchase the movie and i lucked out, IMO. is it my fault walmart hires degenerates that lack the common sense to catch something like that? $1.50 total, and she didnt have the audacity to step in a say that something might be wrong? besides, they lied to over 12,000(according to the rep i talked to on the phone) customers about the IM2 debacle, so even if i might have been just a little wrong for it, theyre business practice seems just as immoral. and i know, two wrongs dont make a right, but thats just how the world is.....
Justify it all you want if that'll make you feel better. If you noticed that you weren't charged for it, you should've said something. And no, I'm not jealous that you took advantage of them. Personally, my integrity isn't worth the cost of a Blu-ray. If that makes me come across as a pious, self-righteous jackass, so be it. It's not necessarily a question of Karma, it's about doing what's right.
Old 09-16-10, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

and BTW, to the guy that said something about karma, there is no such thing as karma.....im just saying.
karma is nothing more than a fancy name for cause and effect, thats all.
So there's no such thing as cause and effect?
Old 09-16-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Ooooooh boy, this thread is headin' for the lock!

no doubt...

folks.. please chill....
Old 09-16-10, 03:29 PM

yeah i got the same thing. on top of honoring this price, wal mart also gave me Prince of Persia(BR+DVD+DC) for free...they even used the $8 coupon that was supposed to be used for it on the package of blank DVDs i bought. you figure,"okay this guy got a blu ray that was $29.99 and a pack of blank DVDs that was $8.88, minus $8 for the coupon, how does the total come out to $1.50?" HAHA thank you for having such illiterate employees!!!!
Sorry but to me this is theft. I don't care how middlefinger tries to justify it... its theft.
Old 09-16-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only have one word to say: Karma
Old 09-16-10, 04:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 900 Likes on 761 Posts

holy carp. once upon a time this thread was actually very useful.
let it go guys. let the dope be and hopefully it goes away. fin.
Old 09-16-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by scott1598
holy carp. once upon a time this thread was actually very useful.
let it go guys. let the dope be and hopefully it goes away. fin.
Well the deal's dead and everyone who ordered is getting a coupon automatically, so it thread at this point doesn't need to stay open anyways really to be honest, that however doesn't mean that it should be closed for flaming, more like because it's a dead deal.
Old 09-16-10, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,188 Likes on 2,056 Posts

yeah i got the same thing. on top of honoring this price, wal mart also gave me Prince of Persia(BR+DVD+DC) for free...they even used the $8 coupon that was supposed to be used for it on the package of blank DVDs i bought. you figure,"okay this guy got a blu ray that was $29.99 and a pack of blank DVDs that was $8.88, minus $8 for the coupon, how does the total come out to $1.50?" HAHA thank you for having such illiterate employees!!!!
Hey, that's awesome!
Old 09-16-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I still haven't received shit from Walmart after getting the cancellation email.
Old 09-16-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my giftcard today and reordered. Thanks Wal-mart.

Doug
Old 09-16-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I finally got mine.
Old 09-16-10, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

was going to order something else, but IM2 for 16.01 is good for me, probably won't be that cheap for months at least. I reordered it, fucking chrome kept crashing while adding a credit card though. Sucks also that if you use the gift card you can no longer use paypal for the remainder.

I used my paypal merchant card so i still used paypal, suck on it walmart :P
Old 09-16-10, 10:55 PM

Yeah its highly annoying that Walmart won't let you use Paypal if you have a gift card in use. How hard can it be to simply charge the remaining amount to whatever Paypal payment that is used? Talk about a badly run operation in general. Thank god we still have Amazon and many other better run stores online.
Old 09-17-10, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now I am disappointed I missed out on this deal, but no biggie. Like I said earlier I am sure it will drop around Black Friday and before Christmas.

Regarding the Middlefinger/Wal-Mart issue... I've learned a lot of lessons in my life so far (going on 40 years of it! YIKES!) and one of the lessons I learned there is no such thing as karma. This what you reap what you sow thing or karma as some people like to call it is taken out of context. I've seen some good people never get a break and I've seen bad people do well, and I've done things that were good to others and shitty things happen to me and I've experienced the opposite where I've done something crappy and something good happens to me. It just all seems random to me. It just strikes me as something Christians say when they see somebody they don't like do something they don't like. But if something bad happens to the Christian and you tell them it must be karma or they are reaping what they sowed they say, no, God is just testing them.

But I didn't mean to get in a long philosophical debate here. But while those of you are chastising middlefinger for what he did, you may best remember a verse earlier in the Bible before the you reap what you sow verse...if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. Not tear them apart on a message board as if you are somehow better than they are. But the core of that you reap what you sow and karma teaching has more to do with your spiritual self, not immediate rewards and punishments in the physical world. Hmmm...maybe that's why in my days I haven't really seen examples where this is true...because it's been taken out of context by so many for so long. I am sure if you see something bad happen to somebody you can trace that back to something bad they did in their lives...but that's just it...we are all faulty and none of us are prefect, so there you go.
Old 09-17-10, 01:29 AM

So in other words its okay that middlefinger outright stole from Walmart because the cashier was that stupid enough to not ring up his stuff correctly just because the rest of us aren't perfect either? Yeah I will admit I am far from perfect as a person but that doesn't excuse what he did. Especially to brag about it on the internet. Yeah he didn't steal with intent but in the end its still theft to me since he can easily go back to Walmart to fix this situation.
Old 09-17-10, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

and I thought this was a deal thread...
Old 09-17-10, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Kudos to Walmart.com. It was still a weasel move to cancel the orders under false pretenses, but giving a gift card to spend on anything on the site made up for it.

Like others, I'll just wait until Black Friday to see what deals on IM2 pop up. I have no doubt I'll be able to get the combo pack for under $16 at some point - so I used the code to pick up Phantasm IV for $0.35 shipped.
Old 09-17-10, 06:52 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

My only fear is that any possible Black Friday deals would be on the one disc and not the three disc.
Old 09-17-10, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Demolition Man
Sorry but to me this is theft. I don't care how middlefinger tries to justify it... its theft.
no it's not theft. Theft is an intention of the heart and he was not trying to deliberately steal it. The situation happened and he allowed it to. Speaking of the Bible, there are instances where God BLINDED the enemies of God's people and allowed the Israelites to invade and STEAL their land. It may insult your sense of morality, but it's not theft.
Old 09-17-10, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are we really going to bring God into this? Really people. It's theft. You can try and justify it all you want, but it's still theft. Maybe he wasn't trying to deliberately steal it, but he didn't do anything to correct the mistake either. Now can we please get back to THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD?
Old 09-17-10, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
no it's not theft. Theft is an intention of the heart and he was not trying to deliberately steal it. The situation happened and he allowed it to. Speaking of the Bible, there are instances where God BLINDED the enemies of God's people and allowed the Israelites to invade and STEAL their land. It may insult your sense of morality, but it's not theft.
Looks like an intention of the heart to me...
Old 09-17-10, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Looks like an intention of the heart to me...
Looks can be deceiving. Morality judges from appearances.
Old 09-17-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-17-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Looks can be deceiving. Morality judges from appearances.
So now you're just throwing out random cliched quotes based on a figure of speech? Yup, you sure got me there alright...

Anyway, thank you Walmart for the $10 gift card.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.