Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 02:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Originally Posted by taco5
How are you guys still seeing it @ $15.00? The website has said $24.96 since this morning...
If you just look up the product on the website, it shows $24.96; if you look up your local ad and go to the page that lists Iron Man 2, it will show $15.00 (at least for us it does).
Old 09-14-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't order this yet.

Might be lucky by skipping the cancellation order.

Just watch & learn.
Old 09-14-10, 02:50 PM
ces

well target will have it for 17 something i think on release date. ill post the ad in a bit when i get it
Old 09-14-10, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by ces
well target will have it for 17 something i think on release date. ill post the ad in a bit when i get it
I can live with getting the combo pack from Target for $17ish.... or at least price matching that at Best Buy.
Old 09-14-10, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

FYI: In MA it's illegal for Walmart to cancel the order under the conditions they've given in the cancellation email.
940 CMR 6.06: Availability of Advertised Products

Especially, see Section (2)(a)(2) and the entirety of (2)(b):

"(2) Notwithstanding the terms and provisions of 940 CMR 6.06(1), it shall not be an unfair or deceptive act or practice to offer any product for sale if the seller does not have the product in stock or readily available for sale in sufficient quantities to meet reasonably anticipated demand at its retail location in the trade area covered by the advertisement when:

(a) The seller clearly and conspicuously discloses in the advertisement all specific exceptions, limitations or restrictions regarding the stores, products or prices applicable to the advertised offer, and:

1. States the minimum quantity of the product available in each store; or

2. States that the quantity is limited, if that is the case.

(b) The seller has acted in good faith by ordering the advertised product in adequate time for delivery and in sufficient quantities to meet reasonably anticipated demand and:

[...]"

In Massachusetts, Wal-Mart Cannot legally rescind the pre-orders, until they are out of the product itself - not "that portion they desired to pre-sel", but the product, in it's entirety. Throughout their corporation, nationwide (MA has recently updated how it deals with sales via the internet: if you can access the advertisement from a Massachusetts IP, then you're advertising it in, and subject to thelaws of, the Commonwealth).
As a resident of MA, I replied to the cancellation with this quote, asking CS to forward it to the appropriate party. Let's see what happens... (I bet they scramble to remove the $15 advertisement from their website). Worth a shot anyways.
Old 09-14-10, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taco5
How are you guys still seeing it @ $15.00? The website has said $24.96 since this morning...
On the left side, the ad is just showing that Iron Man 2 will be out SEPT 28th. No Price is given. On the right side, it's showing $15 for 7 other blu-rays getting rollback pricing.
Old 09-14-10, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by darkhawk
On the left side, the ad is just showing that Iron Man 2 will be out SEPT 28th. No Price is given. On the right side, it's showing $15 for 7 other blu-rays getting rollback pricing.
If you put your mouse over Iron Man 2 on the online version of the ad it clearly shows the $15 price point.
Old 09-14-10, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Demolition Man
If you put your mouse over Iron Man 2 on the online version of the ad it clearly shows the $15 price point.
Yep. But when I put it in my online cart, it comes up $25.

Now what?
Old 09-14-10, 03:25 PM

Thanks. That would be a glitch they have, because new releases don't get rollback logos.
Old 09-14-10, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
Dear Walmart Customer Service,

This cancellation is unacceptable. You had a rollback price of $15.00, I ordered it the day it was advertised and was even charged/hold on account for it at the moment of purchase. This is not the first time this has happened and unfortunately I don't think I can support Walmart.com as an online retailer.

Sincerely,
Scott X
Thanks Scott. I just sent an email to CS so I'll see what comes from it.
Old 09-14-10, 03:50 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
Thanks Scott. I just sent an email to CS so I'll see what comes from it.
no prob. hope it works out.
Old 09-14-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I shot them an e-mail too. I probably wouldn't have, but I took Contracts recently and this was today's minor annoyance for me.
Old 09-14-10, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ces
Combo pack or the single disc version?
Old 09-14-10, 05:24 PM

Okay, I also sent my e-mail to Wal-mart customer service. I feel better after venting.

Dear Walmart Customer Service,

This cancellation is unacceptable. I purchased Iron Man 2 in good faith for the rollback price of $15.00 you listed on line. My debit card was charged/hold on account for it at the moment of purchase. The lame excuse for the cancelation was "lack of product availability"
which clearly is impossible for a new release. Wal-mart needs to step up an honor their mistake, not make up feeble lies. This is not the first time this has happened and unfortunately I don't think I can support Walmart.com as an online retailer.

Sincerely,
Bob Curtis
Old 09-14-10, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

my email stated to email back or contact them via phone. I called.. the very nice lady said I would be receiving an email with instructions. I mentioned that I did receive an email which said to call, hence the reason for my call. She said this is new information and that they have a new process and I will be receiving an email about the new process.. I guess we'll see..
Old 09-14-10, 06:19 PM

I planned on probably getting the metal case from target so I am glad I passed on this, turned out to be quite a mess...
Old 09-14-10, 06:33 PM
ces

I can live with getting the combo pack from Target for $17ish.... or at least price matching that at Best Buy.
its 17.99 at target for the dvd or the blu. I just got the ad. ill post the scan in a lil bit
Old 09-14-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
my email stated to email back or contact them via phone. I called.. the very nice lady said I would be receiving an email with instructions. I mentioned that I did receive an email which said to call, hence the reason for my call. She said this is new information and that they have a new process and I will be receiving an email about the new process.. I guess we'll see..
Yeah. When you call now, there is a special selection on the menu for those who had their Iron Man 2 order canceled. When you press 9 it says "Tough Shit!".

No, actually it's a recorded message that says they'll be sending out an email with instructions on how to replace your order. I think this will work out okay.
Old 09-14-10, 07:27 PM

Just got an email stating the cancellation was due to a pricing error and will be getting a giftcard for $10.93 to bring the price down to $15. Walmart actually came through.
Old 09-14-10, 07:27 PM

Got my cancellation e-mail. I'm pretty bummed. I've heard Target will have it for $17.xx so if that's true I'll just get it from there.
Old 09-14-10, 07:31 PM

Just got this email after emailing them twice.

You recently received an email from us that your order of Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) (Widescreen) had been cancelled due to a limited supply issue. The cancellation was due to a pricing error on this item, not a supply issue. We're sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.

To thank you for your understanding, we will honor the $15 price that was displayed at the time of your purchase. We will email you a $10.78 eGift Card to cover the difference from the current price of $24.96 plus tax. Your eGift card will be emailed within the next 24 hours and can be applied towards the purchase of this item or a different item. We’ll issue one eGift Card per affected customer; this card can be used online at Walmart.com only.

If you would still like to preorder the Iron Man 2 Blu-ray, please wait for your eGift card and then follow the link below to place your order:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14894256

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.

Sincerely,

Your Walmart.com Customer Service Team
http://www.walmart.com
Old 09-14-10, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got my email from them about the error and their intent to honor the $15. Allllrighty then
Old 09-14-10, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

^Got the e-mail about the gift card, too. The issue shouldn't have happened, but I appreciate Wal-Mart was willing to correct it.
Old 09-14-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by bellevuecoug
It surprises me that a giant company like this would rather take a black eye, waste CSR time, and deal with the mess to save $ 20k.
Check your e-mail folks, they've apparently, capitulated!!!
Old 09-14-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It looks like everyone may be compensated for this error. My order was cancelled, but I didn't call or send an email and I just received this email:

You recently received an email from us that your order of Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Copy) (Widescreen) had been cancelled due to a limited supply issue. The cancellation was due to a pricing error on this item, not a supply issue. We're sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.

To thank you for your understanding, we will honor the $15 price that was displayed at the time of your purchase. We will email you a $10.74 eGift Card to cover the difference from the current price of $24.96 plus tax. Your eGift card will be emailed within the next 24 hours and can be applied towards the purchase of this item or a different item. We’ll issue one eGift Card per affected customer; this card can be used online at Walmart.com only.
So I'm getting a $10.74 gc regardless of whether I place a new order or not.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.