Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Arcade 1UP

Old 01-05-20, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,030 Likes on 4,117 Posts
Re: Arcade 1UP

So the Pinball Machine is a Pinball FX3 one with the Universal titles (i.e. No licensed music). Still would be cool.

I am remodeling my office and would love to have one of these in the waiting room for the kids to play, but am worried they might break it pretty quickly.
Old 01-06-20, 04:50 PM

Received 1,830 Likes on 1,089 Posts

According to brickseek, deals.consolekits.com, and even walmart.com, a Walmart in my area has Rampage / Joust / Gauntlet / Defender on clearance for $75! When I went there, they had a few Pac-Mans, TMNT, and others, but not Rampage. I asked and I got about halfway through my sentence when she said, "I'm sorry, we're all out as of about a week ago. They were marked down and went instantly."

Bummer, I can afford that price for something like this. I love Joust.
Old 01-06-20, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

I want the MK one real bad but I can't seem to catch it on sale.
Old 01-06-20, 05:47 PM

Draven, they had that one at the Walmart in Fridley today but I can't remember the price, sorry. I'm thinking it was at least $199.
Old 01-06-20, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I’ve been waiting to get an original Burgertime since it’s my favorite arcade game. That 1up version would be real tempting since it’s like 1/3 the cost.
Burgertime would be awesome. One of the few arcade games I still enjoy playing once in awhile.
Old 01-06-20, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by story
According to brickseek, deals.consolekits.com, and even walmart.com, a Walmart in my area has Rampage / Joust / Gauntlet / Defender on clearance for $75! When I went there, they had a few Pac-Mans, TMNT, and others, but not Rampage. I asked and I got about halfway through my sentence when she said, "I'm sorry, we're all out as of about a week ago. They were marked down and went instantly."

I was able to score a couple of the Rampage machines for $75 last year at one store and picked up a couple of SF2 machines for the same price at another a couple of weeks later. The store that the SF2 machines also had the Golden Tee ones for $99 but were gone before I could get there. There was also a store 90 minutes or so from me that had the TMNT machines for $200 recently but I didn't have the cash to go get one.

As far as the new, unreleased machines I would love to pick up a Big Buck Hunter at a decent price.
Old 01-06-20, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

I wonder if the NBA Jam one will include the Tank game easter egg
Old 01-06-20, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I was able to score a couple of the Rampage machines for $75 last year at one store
...a...a couple?!
Old 01-07-20, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 211 Likes on 160 Posts

I would love to get the NBA Jam cabinet, but I don't have anywhere to put it. The article says it will feature the original team rosters, minus a few players. I wonder how many players are missing and how are they filling the spots left open?

https://www.destructoid.com/arcade1u...r-577211.phtml

Old 01-07-20, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

...a...a couple?!
Yeah. One for myself and another for one of my brothers.
Old 01-07-20, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
I would love to get the NBA Jam cabinet, but I don't have anywhere to put it. The article says it will feature the original team rosters, minus a few players. I wonder how many players are missing and how are they filling the spots left open?

Every 90s 6th man is hoping it’s their time to shine.
Old 01-07-20, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 817 Likes on 542 Posts

Damnit they put the Burgertime up for preorder. I couldn’t resist.
Old 01-08-20, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos

I’m guessing Charles Barkley, Shaq and Reggie Miller are out due to their fee being to high to license and Drazen Petrovic is out because he’s dead. Same thing with Wayman Tisdale and Reggie Lewis. Chuck Person may be taken out cause he’s going to jail
Old 01-08-20, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Old 01-09-20, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Draven, they had that one at the Walmart in Fridley today but I can't remember the price, sorry. I'm thinking it was at least $199.
Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open - I've seen it at $199 online too. I just need to jump on it
Old 01-09-20, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like Barkley, Shaq and Miller are all in unless they change the rosters after CES. Anyone able to figure out who is missing?

Old 01-09-20, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Looks like Barkley, Shaq and Miller are all in unless they change the rosters after CES. Anyone able to figure out who is missing?

https://youtu.be/YpWBg1cvgog
Unless this is a very early demo for CES, then yes, everyone from the first NBA Jam is in. That's the exact roster from the first time the game hit the arcades.
Old 01-10-20, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ended up picking up the SF2 machine tonight. I have to take apart the MAME machine I built to make room for it Oh well - it’ll be nice to have something more dedicated.
Old 01-10-20, 06:35 PM

Need a place to drop off the MAME machine?...
Old 01-10-20, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Need a place to drop off the MAME machine?...
I might try to keep it together but I’ll keep you posted
Old 03-13-21, 06:22 PM
Banned

The Galaga Countercade from Arcade1Up is on sale for $49 at Walmart.com

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galaga-Co...mpaign_id=9383
Old 03-29-21, 03:35 PM

Still wish I had the bankroll and the floor space for that Rampage / Joust / Gauntlet / Defender machine, but I did end up finally getting an Arcade1Up machine.

I ended up getting the wall-mounted Ms. Pac-Man Arcade1Up 8-In-1 from Home Shopping Network on Black Friday and I like it. It was $199 and they had a special $20 off coupon for new HSN customers so I went for it. $179 plus tax and free shipping was $193.32. It comes with brackets to play on a tabletop, another set of brackets to hang it off a door, or mounting brackets to hang it off the wall. I opted for the wall mounting as the door in my study is a little thin and I thought it would end up banging up against it a bit, something you can see happening the HSN videos selling it. In fact, the compact footprint and having it wall-mounted is what really sold me. I just don't know where I'd put a full machine, otherwise. I mounted the machine in the corner of my study and after adding a few Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Simpsons items it has become what my kids call "80s Corner." It's a fun addition to the work area and it's in full view in the background while on Zoom calls so it's been a fun conversation piece as people are still coming on or coming back from breaks, that sort of thing.

I really like it. Ms. Pac-Man remains one of my favorite games and the look is phenomenal. Here are the games and my reviews:

Ms. Pac-Man - Excellent of course, though I wish it was the speed-up version I played and excelled at in high school. I can't get as far yet because the speed is so different. Still, very fun.
Pac & Pal - I haven't really played this yet, TBH.
Pac-Man Plus - I haven't played this really, either. Maybe that's because...
Super Pac-Man - This has been my favorite of the bunch. I'd never played it and it's a blast. I like that I bought it for Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, and Dig Dug, yet this is the favorite.
Galaga - A lot of fun, probably what my kids play the most out of the non-Pac-Man games. I can get further along now than I ever could back in the day as a kid in the arcade.
Galaxian - This is the real stinker of the bunch. Galaxian was clearly improved with the Galaga sequel and essentially only really exists here as a posterity move to show the difference.
Dig Dug - Still a classic, holds up, without a doubt. It looks great, sounds great, just as I remember it.
Dig Dug II - I never even knew this existed and it's pretty fun. Instead of digging in the dirt, you drill off parts of an island to sink the monsters. A cool twist on a classic, it's pretty fun. A very different skill set, though, so it takes work.

Old 03-29-21, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I was browsing Walmart and came across a huge NBA Jam arcade. Looked bigger than the previous arcades they've stocked.
The following users liked this post:
story (03-29-21)
Old 03-29-21, 06:03 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I'm ready to purchase my first Arcade1Up machine. I missed the preorder for the first release, but they've added a second release in June that I'll preorder soon. It's the Atari Legacy Arcade and contains some of my all time favorite games: Tempest®, Missile Command®, Asteroids®, Centipede®, Millipede®, Major Havoc®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel.

I have an okay MAME setup at home that can play standard arcade stick games with an over-the-counter 8 way stick very well, but this Atari arcade unit features the trackball and spin dial controls necessary for the games included in this bundle. Arcade1Up does have other bundles coming including a new Midway Arcade bundle centered around the first 3 Mortal Kombat games that includes Rampage, Defender Joust, Gauntlet and even Root Beer Tapper, but the drawback is the controls are tied to the MK games, and are 2 player only which means 2 player Rampage. A future unit that I will pick up day one would be a Tron machine with the trigger stick and spin dial controls. Hopefully that will come out some day.

Here's a picture of the Atari Legacy Arcade:

The following users liked this post:
story (03-29-21)
Old 03-30-21, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not an Arcade1up (same premise though), but I got an MVSX recently. Added the Hylo hack to it so it now has a shit ton of Capcom and other arcade games on it in addition to all of the Neo Geo games.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.