Video Game Talk
HD Reviews

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 05-03-18, 08:50 AM   #126
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Re: God of War (4/20/18- PS4)

Where do you find the squirrel rune? I'm about 75% done as well and haven't come across it yet.
Old 05-03-18, 09:20 AM   #127
dom56
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You find the squirrel rune
Spoiler:
on top of the Outpost of the Light Elves. It is located northwest of the Lake of Nines, near the ruins of the Ancient. You'll need Atreus' light arrows before you can get to the top of the area, so keep that in mind.
Old 05-03-18, 10:35 AM   #128
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't know how far along I am with my Axe at level 5 and spending a lot of time doing quests around the lake, but i'm absolutely loving this game. Might be my favorite game this generation.

And of course you can GFY. -chess
Old 05-03-18, 01:12 PM   #129
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom56 View Post
You find the squirrel rune
Spoiler:
on top of the Outpost of the Light Elves. It is located northwest of the Lake of Nines, near the ruins of the Ancient. You'll need Atreus' light arrows before you can get to the top of the area, so keep that in mind.
Awesome, thanks I know what I'm doing tonight
Old 05-04-18, 12:45 AM   #130
lopper
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finished this today, and hoo boy what a great game. I still have a ton of side stuff that I can do, but I'm ready to be all done. I've finished the story, visited all the realms at least once, and maxed out the skill trees, and that's enough for me.

Spoiler:
I didn't like the Chaos Blades at all at first. I'd try to use them and immediately switch back to the ax. But the game did a good job switching up enemy types (throwing out ones resistant to cold), and that either forced me to use the blades or go in bare-handed, which was still fun as hell. I ended up really digging them in the end.

And I thought there would be a bigger revelation about the son at the end.
Or maybe just something more in your face, I guess? He's a giant, so is mom, and she wanted to name him Loki. Got it. I must be missing the bigger picture.
Old 05-04-18, 12:19 PM   #131
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopper View Post
Finished this today, and hoo boy what a great game. I still have a ton of side stuff that I can do, but I'm ready to be all done. I've finished the story, visited all the realms at least once, and maxed out the skill trees, and that's enough for me.

Spoiler:
I didn't like the Chaos Blades at all at first. I'd try to use them and immediately switch back to the ax. But the game did a good job switching up enemy types (throwing out ones resistant to cold), and that either forced me to use the blades or go in bare-handed, which was still fun as hell. I ended up really digging them in the end.

And I thought there would be a bigger revelation about the son at the end.
Or maybe just something more in your face, I guess? He's a giant, so is mom, and she wanted to name him Loki. Got it. I must be missing the bigger picture.

Spoiler:
I mean the fact that Kratos is the father of Loki is a HUGE twist to me...I actually did not see that coming, even when I started to realize that he was half giant...

My Countdown Counting down to: THE FINAL
701 days 15 hours 18 minutes
Old 05-04-18, 01:50 PM   #132
lopper
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Spoiler:
I mean the fact that Kratos is the father of Loki is a HUGE twist to me...I actually did not see that coming, even when I started to realize that he was half giant...
Spoiler:
The more I think about it, the more I can see the implications and weight of the reveal. I still wish it was something a little more over the top. Let's see his god powers really manifest or something.

I thought the blades were the biggest (and best) reveal in the entire game.

Oh and that area where you're running around that dead giant was insanely impressive visually.

I'll be back with more of my hot takes, I'm sure.
Old 05-04-18, 03:10 PM   #133
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

These fucking spoiler tags are driving me nuts But I don't want to click on them until I'm finished. I think I'm pretty damn close, the boy keeps mentioning to me that they are almost finished with their journey. I also got the squirrel rune last night. That think is pretty damn useful.
Old 05-04-18, 05:15 PM   #134
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Just finished the main storyline!

Now I'm down to two realms of challenges and a bunch of Valkyries. I did take down my first one, at long last.

I feel awfully dumb because while I knew that each weapon had its own runic attacks, I thought they shared cooldowns. I didn't know you could basically just unleash 5 runic attacks all in a row!
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
Old 05-04-18, 10:12 PM   #135
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Just finished the main storyline!

Now I'm down to two realms of challenges and a bunch of Valkyries. I did take down my first one, at long last.

I feel awfully dumb because while I knew that each weapon had its own runic attacks, I thought they shared cooldowns. I didn't know you could basically just unleash 5 runic attacks all in a row!
It is the main way to take out the valkyries...go into the fight with full rage...and one revive potion that gives full rage....unleash all 5 attacks...activate rage and put everything into her...then use all 5 attacks again after rage is over...and then finish her off. If you mess up you will get a full rage bar again during the fight because of the revive.

Made every fight in the game easy on hard difficulty outside the final valkyrie which is no joke...I mean Dark Souls level of no joke...seriously she kicked my ass hard...

Old 05-06-18, 08:43 AM   #136
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Quote:
Made every fight in the game easy on hard difficulty outside the final valkyrie which is no joke...I mean Dark Souls level of no joke...seriously she kicked my ass hard...
I just finished that battle a minute ago (which got me the platinum!). I completely lost track of how many attempts it took, but what a feeling when it was over...!
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
Old 05-06-18, 09:09 AM   #137
dom56

Hopefully the future update would include new game plus. It will be nice to start a new game with your powerful armor.
Old 05-06-18, 01:37 PM   #138
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
I just finished that battle a minute ago (which got me the platinum!). I completely lost track of how many attempts it took, but what a feeling when it was over...!
Yeah, I just could never get her pattern down until the final time I killed her, and I did not even need a revive that time.

I really hope they come out with dlc for this...

Old 05-06-18, 02:07 PM   #139
lopper
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:

I never once thought to do that. :\
Old 05-06-18, 02:28 PM   #140
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

Tears are easier now for me since i've been upgrading, Valkyries are destroying me

Old 05-06-18, 06:14 PM   #141
foxdvd
gamer for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Tears are easier now for me since i've been upgrading, Valkyries are destroying me

what level is your Kratos?

Old 05-06-18, 07:06 PM   #142
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

I finally finished today. I still have a shit load of stuff to do in the world, but I'll take my time knocking out that stuff later. Fantastic game and hopefully it doesn't take another 5 years for the follow up.
Old 05-06-18, 07:58 PM   #143
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:

what level is your Kratos?
Level 6.

Old 05-07-18, 09:06 AM   #144
dom56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
You might want to do the Nilfhelm realm when you able to enter. Some nice armors Sindir can craft. I choose the Ivadi's Deadly Mist armors set. They have three sockets items you can installed, it has health regen but it very small. I was able to beat two Valkyries wearing the armors.
Old 05-07-18, 09:18 AM   #145
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
You might want to do the Nilfhelm realm when you able to enter. Some nice armors Sindir can craft. I choose the Ivadi's Deadly Mist armors set. They have three sockets items you can installed, it has health regen but it very small. I was able to beat two Valkyries wearing the armors.
I just started doing this last night and got that set. Hopefully it'll be easier for me now, although collecting resources in Nilfheim was a little maddening, including accidently running in to the Valkyrie there and losing nearly 2000 mist

Old 05-07-18, 10:19 AM   #146
slop101
DVD Talk Hero

I'm dumbing down the difficulty on this. Not because I can't handle it (it's actually not that tough), but because I don't feel like the "badass" that I should as Kratos when being challanged. Playing it on easy just feels better to me for this sort of character/game. And it's not like I need to extended the already lengthy play time.
Old 05-07-18, 10:28 AM   #147
dom56

This a nice guide I use on how to defeat the Valkyries.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/god-of-war-...feat_Valkyries
Old 05-07-18, 10:33 AM   #148
fumanstan
DVD Talk Godfather

Quote:
This a nice guide I use on how to defeat the Valkyries.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/god-of-war-...feat_Valkyries
I also saw this the other day when I was looking up how much further I have to go for the main story (just what main Goal I was on). I'm trying hard not to use any walkthroughs, we'll see though. The patterns for the Valkyries don't seem too difficult to see, it just feels like i'll get hit sometimes despite dodging/rolling out of the way.

Old 05-07-18, 08:37 PM   #149
mattysemo247
DVD Talk Legend

For those that finished, did see the extended ending?
Old 05-08-18, 10:42 PM   #150
gerrythedon
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love
Spoiler:
freeing BIG BAD ASS kinda friendly Dragons.

The Squirrel rune ... too long of a cooldown

Do you feel that hope is fading? Do you comprehend?
Do you feel it terminating? In the end... Blame the world, and blame your maker.
Hello darkness, Say goodbye!
Sponsored Links