Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anthem (BioWare) PS4, XB1, PC - 2/22/19

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-20, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Re: Anthem (BioWare) PS4, XB1, PC - 2/22/19

Interesting article about Anthem 2.0 Update and some are saying if true and done right, we could see the same resurgence and interest as what happened to No Man's Sky.....

Anthem 2.0 Update Revealed, Possible No Man's Sky-esque Comeback If Pulled Off Correctly ..... https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10...-off-correctly
Old 10-30-20, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
Interesting article about Anthem 2.0 Update and some are saying if true and done right, we could see the same resurgence and interest as what happened to No Man's Sky.....

Anthem 2.0 Update Revealed, Possible No Man's Sky-esque Comeback If Pulled Off Correctly ..... https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/10...-off-correctly
This is exactly how Anthem should've been when it shipped. Looks a lot like every modern RPG and online multiplayer game released in the past 5-10 years.
Old 02-24-21, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

The big Anthem overhaul ain’t happenin’.
Old 02-24-21, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Sucks. I liked a lot of what I played of Anthem,
Old 02-24-21, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
Same here. I mostly enjoyed the campaign, and I found it to be a very memorable co-op experience. I just wish there'd been more to bring me back afterwards.
Old 02-24-21, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep...me to and despite what a lot said, I thought they had the foundation for a real turnaround...the Maps, Look, Characters, Abilities were already in place...it was the Weapons, Armor, Resources, Leveling that needed work on. Sadly, this game was attacked and ripped day one before it was hardly off the ground; mainly by pro-Destiny players who looked at it as a threat to their beloved Destiny. Frankly after reading about all the details how the game came to be I was astonished it was even playable as is....I think the game had a second life and potential....

...that's ok...got Outriders coming.....Demo starts tomorrow....
Old 02-24-21, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones

...that's ok...got Outriders coming.....Demo starts tomorrow....
I'm looking forward to this one too but it looks about as shallow and slight as Anthem ended up being. Fingers crossed though
Old 02-24-21, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm looking forward to this one too but it looks about as shallow and slight as Anthem ended up being. Fingers crossed though

Not from what I've seen...they've really added and done a lot with the Weapons, Armor, Resources, Leveling part...far more extensive than even Destiny. The only "Con" some have seen is the visuals...from all acounts it's not going to win any Best Looking Game Awards...but they've made all that up in the action and character system that even includes a Skill Tree that you can change out and experiment with based around your gear and direction you want your character to go....
Old 05-31-23, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I believe to this day that...Anthem...had the foundation for a really solid, fun game. It had the characters, the world design was impressive and the mechanics were pretty good...BUT...others parts seems rushed, hurried, no plan behind them....we sort of knew then but now more details have come out but as in one of these stories, almost all were under a NDA and the full story might never be known. A real shame though....especially in one Anthem 2 was in the works....

BioWare’s Anthem Was Forced Out in 15 Months, Says Former Dev ...... BioWare Flop Anthem Was Forced Out in 15 Months, Says Dev (playstationlifestyle.net)

Anthem 2 Would Have Been "Great", Devs Were "Gutted" It Was Cancelled ....... BioWare Flop Anthem Was Forced Out in 15 Months, Says Dev (playstationlifestyle.net)

Old 09-16-23, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was looking around on YouTube for Game Related Video of new, existing, builds, reviews, upcoming, etc...and I saw these two that caught my attention......it's a shame how the game got completely abandon; both Devs who shelved the 2021 Remake Idea and Players......

[yt]bham2bDcqyk[/]