Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just Cause 3 (12/1/2015)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 01:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Just Cause 3 (12/1/2015)

LOL I didn't think of that because I was on foot.
Old 12-07-15, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

You'll run into a few of those "puzzles" where you have to use it in order to do what is required.
Old 12-07-15, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah the tether and back of a car is the answer. Have the same thing when you have to attach the ball magnet and pick up ore and dump in a hole game.
Old 12-07-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

I was shooting every single thing on a military base using a fixed mortar gun. When I had thoroughly leveled everything I could, I lamented "I wish this gun was on the other side of this platform so I could shoot everything on that side as well". Then it suddenly hit me -- I tethered the gun to the other side of the platform and pulled it on over there and started on that side as well

Useful tip : Always go straight for the SAMs. They are super easy to hack in less than 10 seconds and then are permanently on your side, no matter how many times you die and respawn. Once you hack a couple you never again have to worry about getting shot from a helicopter, though you will never be able to hijack one either since it'll get shot down (or at least badly damaged) before you ever reel up to it.
Old 12-08-15, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The video did not really impress me. I have done and seen much crazier things in the game so far just playing it myself. I will say, that when the action happens its the closest thing to being in n 80s action movie. Shit blowing up left, right and center and a lot of gun play and quick movement.

The last time i played it i took on one of the major bases, and a lot of great things happened. I jumped out of my helicopter and as i landed it crashed next to me into a tower. At one point i attached a truck to the back of a jet that was taking off and the truck bounced around before taking out a large tower. It certainly can have its moments.

Has anyone tried taking on the big base at the top of one of the highest mountains? As soon as you get into is range it says a Nuke has been launched against you. From that point on its fighting to survive. I have tried finding what is responsible, but get wiped out before i do every time. I recall the portable Nuke from Mercenaries 2 and that was the best thing about that game (shame as i LOVED the original Mercenaries and would love to see a grea third game righting ll the wrongs of the second one).

Also, one thing i have noticed is that its far too easy to wipe out bases just using a Helicopter. In the last game certain bases had the underground section that required you to blow them up from there, this game seems to miss that entirely. Makes it way easier. Hell i was in a jet and sent off some bombs just flying over a couple of places en route to another location and wiped them 100% in literally seconds. Very little skill needed at times.
Old 12-08-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by james2025a
Has anyone tried taking on the big base at the top of one of the highest mountains? As soon as you get into is range it says a Nuke has been launched against you. From that point on its fighting to survive. I have tried finding what is responsible, but get wiped out before i do every time.
The missiles being fired at you in that location aren't coming from anything you can disable. It's an automatic missile strike for that specific location. The only way to disable those strikes is finishing one of the story missions - I think it's the 4th or 5th mission - the one after you get fast-travel.
Old 12-08-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The more I play this the more the laziness of the team behind it pisses me off. Too many small a things that are wrong. Example, when you leave a plane or helicopter you fall standing. In the last game you would dive out and it helped there flow of the game. The more I look at the graphics the better the last game looks. Seriously JC2 looks waaaaaaayyyyyy better than this game. This is a 5/10 game at best. The last one was a 9/10 game.
Old 12-08-15, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The more I look at the graphics the better the last game looks. Seriously JC2 looks waaaaaaayyyyyy better than this game.
I disagree, and would say JC3 looks slightly better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UDR3BxAnMqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Although, JC2 was a way better looking game in the context of last gen than JC3 is in the context of the current gen.
Old 12-08-15, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I'd be down for a Just Cause 2 remaster with some online ass kicking to boot.
Old 12-09-15, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think that video really showed how good JC2 really is, and I still think it looks way better, moves better, plays better and he'll even the music is better. By the way, I noticed last night that part of the music in JC3 seems to be a rip off of the track Walk to the Line from the movie the Thin Red Line. Wonder if they got rights to copy it? Doubtful with this team of monkeys.

I would love a remaster of JC2. I have kinda given up hope that a JC4 would right any wrongs if they are willing to release a game in such shoddy condition as JC3. I am truly tired of companies releasing unfinished games and then charging ridiculous amounts for DLC. Can we please have a return to games being released completed and no need to keep paying months after initial purchase.
Old 12-09-15, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

After playing a good chunk of the missions and many hours of free-roaming I have to agree that JC2 is the better game. I'm still digging JC3 and will play the heck out of it but JC2 was a more solid package -- better terrain diversity, more varied missions, fewer buggy control issues. The only major plus in the JC3 camp is the wingsuit -- but what a plus it is.
Old 12-09-15, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Hmmm... I'm wondering if I should play the free JC2 copy before I play 3?
Old 12-09-15, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just played through Just Cause 2 for the first time last year on the 360. It held up pretty well.
Old 12-09-15, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still play JC2 from time to time. The wingsuit i don't feel adds a huge amount. After the jet thrusters in the DLC pack for JC2 did some of what that did, only difference is you have my control on extending flight time. At times the cross hairs don't go down fast enough and make using the wings a pain.

There are things to collect in JC3, but i preferred the finding the crates in JC2 that helped boost your perks/mods. Hell, i spent many hours trying to find every crate in JC2, in JC3 i could not care less. Completing races etc. seems to be the way to increase Mods. And the races etc. that i have played so far have bored me to tears.
Old 12-09-15, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hiding the upgrades behind challenges is lame. They should've either opened upgrades upon finding crates scattered throughout the world, and/or tied to liberating places.
Old 12-10-15, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It really is. I am finding the challenges dull as hell in this game. I think a big part of it is the the world here is so empty. Doing races in the last game felt great because not only was the world designed really well, but that it had a reasonable amount of traffic to have to dodge in races. Any task where it involves dragging something or using the magnet is sheer boredom. The shooting ranges are such an old type of challenge that they just seem like a chore rather than something enjoyable to do. I played last night for about 30 mins and then got turned it off. It did not help that a huge mine area i had cleared out a couple of days ago was fully restored. I really could not be bothered blowing it all up again only for it to reset once more. I will download the update when i get back from my vacations, but at this point i am down to little interest in the game, and will probably go back to finish the last things for MGS before moving onto Fallout 4.
Old 12-10-15, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

After doing a quick challenge yesterday, I was sitting at a loading screen for TEN fucking minutes! Normally, I would've just shut the game down, but I could see (very slow) progression on the loading icon, so I thought I'd see how long it would take. Ten fucking minutes to go from a challenge back to the normal game. Un-fucking-believable! I'm done until an update that fixes this shit!
Old 12-10-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Give me an updated Just Cause 2 for PS4 and fix the slow ass loading time for JC3. I'm ok with both games. Yes, hiding the upgrades behind the challenges is lame. The shooting gallery is the real pain with trying to precision aim with the stick for higher points by hitting the bullseye. I never got anywhere close to the target score.
Old 12-10-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
After doing a quick challenge yesterday, I was sitting at a loading screen for TEN fucking minutes! Normally, I would've just shut the game down, but I could see (very slow) progression on the loading icon, so I thought I'd see how long it would take. Ten fucking minutes to go from a challenge back to the normal game. Un-fucking-believable! I'm done until an update that fixes this shit!
Bizarrely, it seems to be at least partially progression-based. This happened to me a couple of times fairly early on, but the long load times basically ceased once I'd moved onto the second region (or sometime early into the second region). Other people on other forums have reported the same. I don't get it, but...

There's also this workaround, although I'm not sure I buy this:

Just Cause 3 on PlayStation 4 sometimes takes more than 20 seconds to load but there’s a way to make the game load in a faster way with a simple trick. When load times are too long, players can press the PS Button on the Dual Shock 4, select another game, choose not to close Just Cause 3 and resume it. This should make the game load almost instantly. While this workaround is far from being a definite fix, it definitely makes the long load times issue more bearable on this specific version of the game.
I'm a little puzzled how I've freed all 7 provinces in Insula Dracon, but the stats say I've only discovered 32 of the 33 settlements/areas/whatever. Is the final one revealed/unlocked in a story mission? I only have 6 more campaign missions left. (Just finished Derailed Extraction.)

Edit: I guess so. When I fired up the game again this morning, it says 33/33 for Insula Dracon.
Old 12-11-15, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So, why do I have to fly or drive around the world looking for cities/bases to reclaim? Doesn't anyone in the resistance have a map of their own country?
Old 12-11-15, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
So, why do I have to fly or drive around the world looking for cities/bases to reclaim? Doesn't anyone in the resistance have a map of their own country?
I am having a problem location the last area to reclaim in one of the very first few regions. This is a bit annoying to have to scour the land to find the places that need my help.
Old 12-12-15, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of the things that would bother me in JC2 was trying to free a city/ base and you have destroyed 96% of it and only one thing remains. Then spending an hour searching everywhere just to find a small electrical box or something similar. I hoped they would have a perk to recite this in JC3. Sure they have a locator for various things, but don't believe they have one for this. Played another hour today. Having little fun and just finding it tedious now. I notice that helicopters also have a height distance when flying. I used to love flying super high in JC2 and sky diving down. Forget that with this piece of shit.

Also, I am sick of the number of times I tether and fly up to a chopper only to fly past it and start falling.

Damn my hatred for this game grows by the day. And this was the game I was most looking forward to all year. What a let down.
Old 12-12-15, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

I'm liking this more than JC2; I have been going back to JC2 to get back into it.

No silly health packs, the map and being able to take over areas and finding what you are missing are the big ones I notice.
Old 12-12-15, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

One of the things that would bother me in JC2 was trying to free a city/ base and you have destroyed 96% of it and only one thing remains. Then spending an hour searching everywhere just to find a small electrical box or something similar. I hoped they would have a perk to recite this in JC3. Sure they have a locator for various things, but don't believe they have one for this.
Yes they do. Pull up the map and you can see where the remaining things you need to find are, and you can set a waypoint. Sure sometimes they're in caves and not easy to locate, but it beats the pants off trying to find a box of parts in a corner behind a shed in a massive air base.
Old 12-12-15, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I am having a problem location the last area to reclaim in one of the very first few regions. This is a bit annoying to have to scour the land to find the places that need my help.
The terrain on the map generally gives away locations. Aside from some of the very tiny outposts, just look for lotsa gray squiggles close together on the map, and that's generally what you're looking for. (Sometimes it'll be ruins or a monastery, though.) The missing one will occasionally be an offshore rig too.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.