Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Just Cause 3 (12/1/2015)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Re: Just Cause 3 (12/1/2015)

JC2 is easily in my top 10 games i have ever played and probably top 3. They got everything right, the sandbox (which has such amazing variety it takes a hell of a long time to see it all and actually get a little bored), the driving, the run and gun mechanics, the music and the game looked stunning. Hell, it still looks stunning.

I picked up JC3 day one and it was my most anticipated game of 2015. Hell most anticipated for a while. What utter disappointment i had when i started playing. For maybe the first hour i felt it was not bad and looked quite nice, but the more i played the more the cracks showed. It felt seriously empty. The design for the sandbox felt so weak in comparison to JC2. It felt that a lot of copy/paste on the landscape was used and almost no imagination. The missions were dull, there was almost nothing new that elevated this from part 2. There was the new jump suit for flying, and thats fine, but in the second game one of the DLC's was the jet pack for your parachute, so even this felt a little weak. It was clear that they hope to dish out a lot of DLC and make money on the back end for this being an online open world, which got yanked last second. And it shows so much.

Much like Streetfighter V, i hope that the next game in the series realizes that it needs to first of all ensure that the single player is taken care of, and then develop an online component as the back end.

I hope they do a Just Cause 4 (just as i hope they do a decent Mercenaries 3), but this time they actually give it some TLC and imagination.
Old 04-25-17, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm finally playing this game a year and a half after its release and like all of you, I'm disappointed in its final form. I had it pre-ordered since it was announced in E3 and never bothered playing it because of the reviews about the slow downs and lag of the game.

The game play feels repetitive, the driving control especially for the bikes is horrible and the missions are lackluster. I'll try to finish it up and hopefully JC4 can recapture the feel and gameplay of Just Cause 2.
Old 04-25-17, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

^^ Same, except I'm not playing right now. I tried... it was awful.
Old 05-23-17, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by slop101
The biggest disappointment for me was the world. JC2's world had a lot variety, with landscapes, cites, structures, etc. This one seems like they just copy/pasted 3 different types of environments over a huge area. A very boring world. It can be pretty in some spots though.
Originally Posted by james2025a
JC2 is easily in my top 10 games i have ever played and probably top 3. They got everything right, the sandbox (which has such amazing variety it takes a hell of a long time to see it all and actually get a little bored), the driving, the run and gun mechanics, the music and the game looked stunning. Hell, it still looks stunning.

I picked up JC3 day one and it was my most anticipated game of 2015. Hell most anticipated for a while. What utter disappointment i had when i started playing. For maybe the first hour i felt it was not bad and looked quite nice, but the more i played the more the cracks showed. It felt seriously empty. The design for the sandbox felt so weak in comparison to JC2. It felt that a lot of copy/paste on the landscape was used and almost no imagination. The missions were dull, there was almost nothing new that elevated this from part 2. There was the new jump suit for flying, and thats fine, but in the second game one of the DLC's was the jet pack for your parachute, so even this felt a little weak. It was clear that they hope to dish out a lot of DLC and make money on the back end for this being an online open world, which got yanked last second. And it shows so much.

Much like Streetfighter V, i hope that the next game in the series realizes that it needs to first of all ensure that the single player is taken care of, and then develop an online component as the back end.

I hope they do a Just Cause 4 (just as i hope they do a decent Mercenaries 3), but this time they actually give it some TLC and imagination.
I'm pushing through the main missions (I have to finish the last 7 main missions) and seeing how flawed this game really is and I understand what Slop and James commented about this game earlier is spot on.

As pretty as the graphics are, they really didn't add much in terms of landscape for this game. No matter what province you go, you'll see the same models throughout this game. Also I'm experiencing frozen screens and slowdowns much more often and have to close the game and start it again for it to go away. At least I have yet to lose any of the missions.

Having said that though, I enjoy flying a hijacked CS Navajo Chopper or tank and liberating towns and military bases. I must have spent at least 3 hours yesterday, doing just that instead of focusing on the main missions. Since the game wants you to liberate a certain amount of provinces before unlocking the main missions, it doesn't feel like I'm wasting my time. However, I still hate the controls of flying a plane/jet and riding a motorcycle with the plane/jet being the worst.

I was never able to finish JC2 and kind of gave it up when I got stuck so I'm kind of surprised that I'm able to move through and finish the main missions in JC3 even though it's a worse game. I still got 7 left so maybe I'm jinxing myself...

I still want them to make a JC4 but I won't be pre-ordering it and will read the review before purchase. JC3 felt like a wasted opportunity and it should have been much more than what it was.
Old 08-15-18, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I need a favour from the ones in my friends list for this game. Decker, Gatorshea and foxdvd, could you guys call me out to beat a feat so I can beat it and get the trophy. Decker, I know you haven't played this game in a few years but I'll appreciate a call out in the wing suit flight one. Thanks!

I finished the main missions, liberated all provinces, collected all of the collectibles and vehicles (this was really annoying especially the speed boat). I'm trying to finish off some of the trophies but I know I won't get the Platinum because some of the challenges to get 5 gears are impossible for someone of my skill level.