Reload this Page >

HALO: The Master Chief collection

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HALO: The Master Chief collection

Old 11-12-14, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: HALO: The Master Chief collection

FWIW I had no issues getting the 15gb add-on/update Tuesday afternoon. Only took maybe 2 hours. However long it took me to play the first two missions of Halo CE.

Achievements are still boned for anything unlocked yesterday, but new stuff unlocks fine now.

HALO CE is like the hardest worst game I have ever played. Holy balls is it insane...on NORMAL! And the Par Time of 15-20 minutes per level...impossible. It's on average 60-90 minutes per level, even in co-op. This game is brutal. Two more levels...I can do this!
Old 11-12-14, 10:55 PM
gamer for life

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah achievements are popping just fine now, but now when I reach 8000 points in score I stop getting points. It is very frustrating.

I am enjoying my legendary run, but if I remember correctly Halo 2 was harder. I don't think I ever finished that game on legendary...
Old 11-12-14, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 206 Likes on 147 Posts

I just played 1 match, and got disconnected after that. So that's 4 matches in 48 hours.
Old 11-12-14, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The game looks great. I was a little disappointed in the first mission, but in the second, Halo, the game looks amazing. Playing on Heroic, having a lot of fun.
Old 11-13-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
I just played 1 match, and got disconnected after that. So that's 4 matches in 48 hours.
1 match here, ended up on the short end of a 4v2 slayer and was disconnected a few minutes in. Pretty much a joke at this point.
Old 11-13-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Source

I’d like to take a moment to address the state of matchmaking in Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and tell you what we’re doing about it.

Players have expressed frustration at poor matchmaking times, or bad experiences in general. This is something we are working 24/7 to isolate and fix. Since launch, we have done a number of daily server-side tweaks to improve this experience and our data indicates these adjustments have helped considerably, but the state is still far from where it needs to be.

Over the past 48 hours, we believe we have identified the primary matchmaking issue, and are working on a solution right now. In the meantime, we’ll be rolling out additional tweaks over the next days to further improve the experience while we ready this solution. We are monitoring the data and working on tweaks that should continue to improve your matchmaking experience while we prep. In addition, we’ll be releasing a game Content Update tomorrow that will address non-matchmaking related issues. For more details, please visit our support FAQ on our forums that is being updated in real-time: http://bit.ly/11eRtP0.

An additional measure you will see take effect today, is that we’ve decided to trim the hopper list to allow us to drive population to those that are functioning the best – this will serve to further increase the speed with which you find games. We will bring the other hoppers back online as things improve, but our primary focus right now is getting you into matches. For details on which matchmaking playlists are being temporarily taken offline, please visit our support FAQ here: http://bit.ly/11eRtP0.

We are doing everything we can on an hourly basis to improve the experience, while we work on our solution. In the meantime, we’ve found a few things looking at the data that can help you a little as well. We’re seeing successful match times from anywhere from 15 seconds to 4 minutes. 4 minutes is a long time to wait for a match, but don’t quit out too quickly as it will come. If you haven’t found a match within about 4 minutes, please exit the search and restart, as this will reset the parameters and increase the likelihood of entering a match. I realize this isn’t ideal, but it’s temporary while we sort things out.

I’d like to personally apologize to you all for the current situation. I can assure you we’re attacking this from all directions from 343 Industries to the Xbox platform, and we won’t rest until it’s what it should be. People are reporting improvements across the board, which is great, but we’re not backing down until we finish this fight.

Here’s a bit more information on what to expect next week in terms of MCC updates:

Daily server-side tweaks to continue to improve time to get into games
A Content Update tomorrow that addresses some campaign fixes and scoring issues
Content Updates and server side tweaks over the next week focused on matchmaking

Dan Ayoub
Executive Producer
Old 11-13-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At this point, I'll believe it when I can actually get into a game.

I really thought I'd be playing the Halo 2 Classic playlist non-stop this week. Man, what was I thinking?
Old 11-13-14, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As someone who pretty much only plays single-player in just about all games, I gotta say this is a pretty nifty game package. I know it sucks for people wanting to play multiplayer, but removed from that frustration I think this is pretty solid so far.
Old 11-13-14, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
As someone who pretty much only plays single-player in just about all games, I gotta say this is a pretty nifty game package. I know it sucks for people wanting to play multiplayer, but removed from that frustration I think this is pretty solid so far.
I haven't even touched campaign because I want to do them co-op. So with that and no match making, the game is just sitting there.
Old 11-13-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
I haven't even touched campaign because I want to do them co-op. So with that and no match making, the game is just sitting there.
What? You don't want to play co-op with lag and checkpoints not working?
Old 11-13-14, 11:38 PM

Co-op works perfectly. Has since launch. Now...cross game playlist co-op and mp, that's a different story.
Old 11-14-14, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

343 has moved Halo: The Master Chief Collection to a limited playlist in a bid to improve matchmaking.

"This will serve to further increase the speed with which you find games," he added. "We will bring the other hoppers back online as things improve, but our primary focus right now is getting you into matches."

The following playlists have been temporarily removed:

Team Hardcore
Rumble Pit
Halo 4
SWAT (rotational)

The updated playlist layout is:

Team Halo 2: Anniversary
Halo Championship Series
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Halo 2 Classic
Halo 3

A content update is planned for today to address fixes for scoring and stats. This update does not include in-progress matchmaking fixes, outside of a minor fix for team skill matching, 343 said.
Old 11-14-14, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Try this one weird trick to play Halo

How to Get Into a Halo Multiplayer Match
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...tiplayer-match
Old 11-14-14, 11:43 PM
gamer for life

anyone figure out how to get unlocking but not unlocked achievements to finally pop? I have two still, one for doing a mission in coop on normal (have the higher difficulty ones) but no matter how many times we do a mission nothing...it still says unlocking and has since day one..
Old 11-15-14, 12:29 AM

It should hopefully unlock eventually. I had 19 "unlocked" achievements Tuesday. Now I'm at 9. It was 8 but another one stayed "locked 100%" tonight. They really gotta figure this shit out.
Old 11-15-14, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you tried a hard reset of the system? Worth a shot.

When I had one last week I just went back and did whatever I needed to do to re-earn it, and that forced it. Luckily it was a fast one.
Old 11-15-14, 10:34 PM
gamer for life

finished the first game on legendary...so much fun, though I still hate the final vehicle part...

Started 2 up and it is amazing the jump in controls, movement and overall feel of the game. Also graphically huge props to them for both the game itself and the jaw dropping cinema scenes. It would be worth full price for this game alone.
Old 11-16-14, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts

How can you hate the last level? Man, that was such an adrenaline rush and so different at the time.
Old 11-16-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21 View Post
I really wish Microsoft had released the rest of the games on PC. Hell, I wish they'd release at least this collection on PC.
Old 11-16-14, 10:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
How can you hate the last level? Man, that was such an adrenaline rush and so different at the time.
Yeah. The music is blaring, shit is exploding, and you're trying to get the fuck out of there on that warthog. Great last bit.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-17-14 at 01:52 AM.
Old 11-16-14, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Literally had the game crash on me in single player with a prompt "Untracked build. Won't upload"

What a clown show.
Old 11-16-14, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
Yeah. The music is blaring, shit is exploding, and you're trying to get the fuck out of there on that warthog. Great last big.
Greatest last big evar!
Old 11-17-14, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 632 Likes on 512 Posts

The installation process on this one was ridiculous
Old 11-17-14, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finished the Halo game on normal. Man, I forgot how I hated the Flood. No since using any weapon but a shotty on those guys. A lot of fun though. I tried to start Halo 2 but the first cutscene froze on me so I gave up. I may try again tonight. I haven't even touched the MP yet.
Old 11-17-14, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Flood was my favorite part of the first game. Did not expect it at all, nor the slight change in tone.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.