Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HALO: The Master Chief collection

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-15, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: HALO: The Master Chief collection

Halo 4 playlist is finally available, so yay i guess.
Old 01-20-15, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I got the message as well. Matty, did you play the game before 12/20 while connected to Xbox Live?
Yeah, I even checked my achievements and this one is for 12/19: "Complete a campaign mission or a match of multiplayer."

It looks like others still haven't received it either, so I guess I'll just hope for the best and wait.
Old 01-21-15, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The game is getting a...beta?

1.23.15 MCC Content Update Beta Test FAQ

In recent weeks, we have been conducting extensive internal testing of an upcoming content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Given the scale of the update, which includes changes to the matchmaking experience and party system, we are expanding testing to include select members of the Xbox One Preview program to ensure the official release is the best possible experience for all players.

The content update beta test is open to Xbox One owners within North America who have a copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and have opted-in for Xbox One beta testing as part of the Xbox One Preview program. This is an opt-in opportunity and the content update will only be made available to selected participants within the Xbox One Preview program, based on the highest levels of engagement with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. On Friday, January 23, participants selected will be prompted to download the content update automatically when the title is started.

To learn more about the content update beta test, please see the FAQ below.

Q: I’m a Preview Member, how I do sign up?

A: More details on the program and how to sign up are available with the Xbox Preview Dashboard app on your Xbox One.

Q: Why are you testing the content update in the Xbox One Preview program? Don’t you have internal playtesting for the very same purpose?

A: In recent weeks, 343 Industries has been conducting extensive internal testing of the upcoming content update. However, given the scale of the update, which includes changes to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection matchmaking experience and party system, we are opening it up to members of the Xbox One Preview program to provide additional testing in an “at home” environment to ensure the official release is the best possible experience for players.

Q: What is included in the content update you are testing in Xbox One Preview program?

A: This content update includes changes to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection matchmaking experience and party system. We will have more details to share as we get closer to the official release.

Q: Who will be eligible/invited to participate in this beta test of the next content update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

A: Xbox One owners within North America who have a copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and have opted-in for Xbox One beta testing as part of the Xbox One Preview program will be eligible to participate in this program.

Q: Why are only players within North America eligible to participate in this beta test?

A: Due to the beta testing session times, we are selecting players within North America to ensure optimal population.

Q: How are participants being selected for this beta test?

A: Xbox One owners within North America who are part of the Xbox One Preview program, have a copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection with the highest levels of engagement are who we are targeting.

Q: When will the beta test of this content update take place?

A: Exact dates/times are subject to change, but the current plan is to test the content update during the evenings of Friday, January 23 through Monday, January 26. Specific session times will be shared with the selected participants.

Q: If I am selected to participate, how will I get access/download the content update? When will it be available?

A: On Friday, January 23 (exact time to be determined) participants selected will be prompted to download the content update automatically when Halo: The Master Chief Collection is started.

Q: If I’m selected to participate, am part of the Xbox One Preview program and have automatic downloads enabled…will I automatically get this update?

A: This is an opt-in opportunity and the content update will only be made available to selected participants within the Xbox One Preview program. On Friday, January 23 (exact time to be determined) participants selected will be prompted to download the content update automatically when Halo: The Master Chief Collection is started.

Q: If I’m selected to participate, how should I report a bug in the content update beta test?

A: If you run into any issues while checking out the beta update, be sure to use the Feedback app on the Xbox One (for Xbox One Preview program participants) to tell us about it. Hold the power button on your controller, then select "Give Feedback" to launch the Feedback app.

Q: What will be the anticipated file size of the content update for this beta test?

A: We are still determining the final file size of the content update, but participants should have 1-2GB of hard drive space available.

Q: Will I still be able to use multiplayer matchmaking against other players that don’t have this content update?

A: No, during the time of this beta test when this content update is installed, you will only be able to be matched with other players that also have the content update.

Q: After the beta test of this content update is over, will I be able to use multiplayer matchmaking against other players without this content update?

A: In the days after the conclusion of the beta test, we will issue a content update that will then allow matchmaking with all players, as it worked prior to the beta test.

Q: When will be the final public release of the content update to all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

A: We’re currently focused on gathering data and feedback from Xbox One Preview Program members and will have more details to share soon on the public release of this content update.
Old 01-22-15, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, technically I guess it's good they're doing that... but holy fucking shit, a beta for a patch...
Old 01-22-15, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

It's not TOO crazy, at least given that a lot of games on PC these days have test servers for upcoming patches and updates.
Old 01-22-15, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

Exactly, don't see anything funny about it.
Old 01-22-15, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The whole game has been hilarious since day 1.
Old 01-22-15, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For someone who doesn't game on a PC and has always just played on consoles, a beta for a patch IS hilarious. I mean, I get it. Just... the fact that this is where we are now.
Old 02-10-15, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MoviePage
The whole game has been hilarious since day 1.
In related news, 343 has canceled the previously-announced beta for the patch.
Old 02-10-15, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Also in related news, I never received a message for my free month of live (which means I probably won't receive Halo Reach either). I tried posting on their message boards (along with the hundreds of other people that didn't receive theirs either), and they post the same generic thing for everyone and close the thread. Looks like they also have an F rating with the BBB, so not much help there either. Still can't believe how much they fucked this up. Can't wait to see how broken Halo 5 is.
Old 02-10-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot I have this. And I got the digital version.
Old 02-22-15, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Bought the Digital version from the sale.

Months after launch there are still glitches. I'm only playing the campaigns (On Halo 1) I'm on the second mission. I go to pause and the game freezes. I exit out to home screen and go back in. Still stuck on the pause screen. So I shut off and turn on my controller. Still froze. I restart the system and still frozen It's still downloading so maybe that's the problem? Ridiculous the SP is still having issues.
Old 02-22-15, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That doesn't sound normal. Exiting to the home screen doesn't actually do anything as far as the game is concerned. When you go to the home screen, make sure the game tile is selected and press the Menu (Start) button then select Quit to actually close the game/application.
Old 02-23-15, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

A friend and I successfully played a game of Spartan Ops over the weekend. Progress!
Old 03-15-15, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

343 Industries today unveiled the first screenshot of Halo 3: ODST running on Xbox One.

ODST's campaign and Halo 2 multiplayer map Relic are both being added to Halo: The Master Chief Collection in an upcoming update. 343 says it's "finishing things up" on ODST and Relic, and will be ready to announce a release date soon.

full article
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...st-on-xbox-one
Old 03-15-15, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If it's taking them only about +/- 6 months to get ODST "upgraded," why can't we get Reach "upgraded" as well?

I'd also ask for ODST's Firefight co-op, but knowing how awful the multiplayer on this set has sucked since day one, I wouldn't take any chances...
Old 05-26-15, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The release date and game size are listed on Xbox.com as May 29 and 8.1 GB...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/...-date-revealed
Old 05-26-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

taken from MATTHEW CHMIEL post

Old 05-27-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How big was ODST on 360?
Old 05-27-15, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Is this a free update?
Old 05-27-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Is this a free update?
Free for people that bought and played the MCC between Nov 11 and Dec 19th last year.
Old 05-27-15, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 05-27-15, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Free for people that bought and played the MCC between Nov 11 and Dec 19th last year.
The internet is already bitching that the dates should be extended due to them getting the game as a Christmas present.

Long story short, the game is still broken. Microsoft should just release it for free to everyone who owns the MCC just to save face.
Old 05-30-15, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ODST codes have been sent via XBL message to those who are eligible. Download size is 8.1 GB. The MCC itself also has a 2.6 GB patch when you launch it.

According to 343, ODST will "soon" be available for those who don't qualify for a free code at a price of $4.99 (!).
Old 05-30-15, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Got my message. The download takes forever.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.