DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615288-warframe-pc-ps4-xb1-ninjas-play-free.html)

K&AJones 01-11-14 07:18 AM

re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Chess ...adding the Rush mod to the Vanguard Rhino was a trip. On the Wiki they have a page showing how RUSH effects each warframe's rank. Not by much but the Vanguard Rhino is 3rd quickest...behind Loki and then Nova.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rush

Looking at the wiki I read the differences in Marathon and Quick Rest. Seems more feel Quick Rest is better since it's like Fortitude in that it recharges your base stamina whereas Marathon adds stamina. Quick Rest tops out at a whopping 180% recharge. I did a special load out for just running with the Rhino but haven't tested it yet. I added...

Quick rest - 150%
Marathon - 75% - Bumped Stamina to 140
Rush - 30%

Spent all morning redoing Melee Mods...spent over 300K. man was I behind leveling up several mods. Put it out there on the clan board and just in case you see or run across one...looking for the Poison Melee and Electric Rifle Mods. Good chance I won't be on tonight.

chess 01-11-14 12:06 PM

The thing with recharge and stamina is that a little bit of timing on your slides can really keep your stamina going for a long time, so I think I'd rather have the raw speed of Rush. Plus it's freaking hilarious to see Rhino blowing by other characters with both Vanguard Helmet and max Rush. I totally stumbled on that combo, but I think it's a keeper.

Need to farm more Orokin Cells, but I'll probably be out of the house most of the day today.

Lucky break for you guys on the Twin Gremlins blueprint. It's my first secondary to get a potato, and I love the feel of it. It appears that a raw damage, fire rate, elemental and extra ammo build is the way to go on those.

Every clan research item has been disappointing other than maybe the Ignus. Wasted a lot of Forma on those.

K&AJones 01-11-14 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=chess;11973876]The thing with recharge and stamina is that a little bit of timing on your slides can really keep your stamina going for a long time, so I think I'd rather have the raw speed of Rush. Plus it's freaking hilarious to see Rhino blowing by other characters with both Vanguard Helmet and max Rush. I totally stumbled on that combo, but I think it's a keeper.

Need to farm more Orokin Cells, but I'll probably be out of the house most of the day today.

Lucky break for you guys on the Twin Gremlins blueprint. It's my first secondary to get a potato, and I love the feel of it. It appears that a raw damage, fire rate, elemental and extra ammo build is the way to go on those.

Every clan research item has been disappointing other than maybe the Ignus. Wasted a lot of Forma on those.[/QUOTE

Like what?...I'm having a decent time with the Flame Thrower. Just at level 19 it's doing good deal of damage to Infested. All I added was Serration at 110% and Toxin at 45% for to get a major dose of Gas.

flashburn 01-11-14 05:17 PM

Isn't the Ogris the grenade launcher? I've seen people do some insane damage with it. I guess with that one mod that increases explosion radius, it's really awesome on Defense missions.

They nerfed the Rhino sounds, wtf? He doesn't make the roar sound when using powers.

I'll have the new flak cannon done in an hour or so, really looking forward to using it before they nerf it, it's pretty sweet from what I've seen.

chess 01-11-14 05:18 PM

Right, Ignus is the flame thrower.

Supra is garbage. Ogris is only good for sniping (boring). And Djinn is Djunk.

flashburn 01-11-14 06:01 PM

Okay, this is weird, the Rhino is back to making his Roar when activating his skills. First I've heard it on the PC.

chess 01-12-14 08:53 AM

Rhino's sound design is one of my favorite things about him. Especially Stomp. Would suck if they changed it.

Nova Flux Helmet alert. Can I get a hell yeah?!

chess 01-12-14 10:52 AM

Gremlins potato'd and now forma'd. Love em.

Fun speed runs on the twin bosses w/ foxdvd and K&A. Flyin' Rhinos.

K&AJones 01-13-14 07:16 AM

Good weekend and thanks again Chess for the help...

Got the Twin Gremlins and they are fun. Like the fact weapon damage is equal across all three types and has a high Status. I already potato'd mine and seeing the numbers in the stats are impressive.

And thanks for helping on getting all the parts for the Miter which will be ready when I come home today. According to the wiki using this with Mag's Bullet Attractor you can hit multiple tagets

Got another Aura Card...Rifle Damage

Got to play with both Trinity and Ash. I've got to work more with Trinity to get what she does, duration and range. I'm not use to seeing "Power In Use" so much and cannot tell who or what. Ash's Blade Storm animation is a trip but the stats on wiki show it's deadly. It's Valkyr on speed and steroids.

Synapse Rifle...I think I'll get it over the Acrid simply because it's a Rifle w/Electricity. There are really few true electric weapons and with rifle mods I'm missing Stormbringer which I need for elemental combo. I have Cold, Heat and Toxin but not electricity. I can get Corrosion, Magnetic and Radiation out of the Synapse. Besides...I'm content...for now...with the Twin Gremlins and still haven't maximized them.

chess 01-13-14 08:05 AM

Yeah, I see Ash as sort of a mix between Valkyr and Loki, but better than both.

I don't get Trinity. At all. She's a boss killer, I guess, but in the mid-game, I really want her to have some offensive capability, and she really doesn't as far as I can tell.

For me, not much has changed for my frame preferences. Nova and Rhino are money, Frost and Vaubon are pretty good for defense, Mag is decent but should be much faster (Rush mod?), Ember and Volt are OK against the right factions, and everybody else is meh. Ash is the only new addition that feels like playing him might be interesting. I could see spamming Smoke Screen and Blade Storm being a good time, and I thought the Shiruken was surprisingly effective where I don't use any other frame's direct (swipe up) attack very often.

Passed mastery rank 10 test last night. Bring your Dethcube to do all of the work. So that's Nova for test 8, Mag for test 9, and Dethcube (or in my case, Djinn with Dethcube's rifle) for test 10.

Fucking love my new Nova helmet (Flux). It looks badass and trades a small percentage of her small pool of health for a pretty nice stamina boost. It popped up twice yesterday on alerts. Hopefully you guys got it.

As a footnote, the resources required to get Serration or Hornet Strike from rank 9 to rank 10 are crazy. I dumped 300ish common 3 fusion cores and about 350K credits to get Serration from 9 to 9.5 yesterday. I thought about backing out and waiting until I had enough to push it all the way to 10, but did I mention that I'd just clicked 300 cores?!

K&AJones 01-13-14 09:01 AM

Good stuff for you and yea...
...missed the helmets for Nova but I've got plenty else to d and going on. I'll continue to alternate between Ash and Trinity. I did toy with Smoke Screen a few times and reading the wiki right, it actually has some good benefit. Using it with Shade's Ghost seems ideal. However it's the only ability that really uses Power Duration but with a penalty of reduced radius. And Power Efficiency has a penalty of Duration.The other three abilities have no use of Power Duration and benefit from Power Efficiency with no penalty. Almost need a load out just for Smoke Screen itself. The Stealth Damage is intriguing though. Curious to see 2-3 Ash running the same mission. his speed is no slouch either.

chess 01-13-14 09:48 AM

Yeah, Ash was surprisingly fun to play...much better than the other ones I've tried recently (Ember/Prime, Mag Prime and Trinity). Vaubon is pretty awesome, but until he stops crashing the game, I'm keeping him on the bench.

If I have to lose duration on Smoke Screen in order to spam Blade Storm and Shiruken, I'm cool with that. I guess I could see running Shade with him, but I doubt I'd do it all that often as a practical matter, so it's probably best not to build around it. I'll just have to use Smoke Screen as an escape mechanism rather than for offense.

I like that Shiruken doesn't require precise aiming, and I wish Blade Storm worked that way as well. It would be much better as a straight AOE.

I managed to work a Rush Mod onto my Frost Prime build. Have to see if it makes him less painful to play.

K&AJones 01-13-14 04:55 PM

Went home for lunch and got to play with the Miter. Even at Level 7 with two mods it dealt 46 Slash and has a surprising 10 Impact. I can't imagine what will happen with a 105% Serration and few other decent mods.

And played with Ash more. I've got to take him out on a mission just to see him run, use smoke screen and throw in Blade Storm. He puts the hurt on a group of Infested on Xini and it's almost hilarious to watch.

...and yea the small ear buds that were included in my phone did work and fi much better thank you...

K&AJones 01-14-14 06:32 AM

Sorry I missed your invite Chess last night. It looks like you sent it when I was away for dinner and checking the wiki for mod info. I just left the PS4 on while away.

Late last night Zombie did invite me on a couple of Tower Survival on 1 & 2. Got everything for Mag Prime, Forma BP and some other decent stuff. I also got in on the special Mag Helmet on a alert. I'll probably go ahead and build her and sell off the normal Prime.

I think tonight I might go back with Trinity for awhile.Reading the wiki comments people still swear by her so there has to be something there. Just need to get her leveled u a bit more I guess and see if I can do something with a good group.

chess 01-14-14 08:08 AM

I sold a little over 200 platinum worth of stuff last night. 90 plat for Lethal Torrent and Barrel Diffusion and 95 for E-Siphon along with a few keys. Absolute minimum of effort. I may buy a few cosmetic bits and a color palette (need black!) soon, just to buy something. I'm also thinking I might pick up 5-6 potatos and give a few more weapons a proper chance. Orthos Prime, Glaive Prime, Bronco Prime and Boar Prime all have potential, and I'm thinking Vaubon, Ash and Mag Prime are all Potato-worthy.

I also got a rare mod in the void called Quick Thinking that uses energy as health when you get a lethal hit...basically makes your energy pool a health pool for emergencies.

And I forma'd the Twin Gremlins a second time for a third V slot. I figure every secondary will have Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent, all V polarities. I really love those guns, and I got them back up to level 15 in a 35 level Orokin Derelict Defense before bed last night.

Silver Potato alert this morning. Hope you guys caught it. Was on my Twitter when I got out of the shower. Was a survival, and I set it to solo and ran my speedy Rhino. Was in and out in 5 minutes, and it's in the oven.

Glad the headphones worked Ken. I find myself using my Blackberry earbuds more than I use the headset I bought, mostly because they are convenient and more comfortable over long stretches. I recommend setting the game audio to come through the headset. Makes for clearer chat with no background noise, and the family might appreciate not having to listen to Sargus Ruk constantly ask about the fleshy bits in your Warframe. Also recommend you check party chat regularly just to see if your clan guys or I am on.

K&AJones 01-14-14 05:04 PM

Sounds like the "Chess Warframe Mod Store" is kicking...good deal.

I came home and played Trinity again...or at least ried to. Don't know if it's the mass mob with Infested on Defend or what but the "Power In Use" and "Invalid Target" messages are becoming a real pain. i looked over at the official PS4 Forum and some have the same issue. I get Well of Life once early on and almost at the end of a round I still get "Power In Use". I've played with Blessing and assume it works but cannot tell and haven't used Link yet but will tonight. I'm determined to get her going.

May need to run some Orokin Cell grabs. I've used about (5) the last few days.

Also wouldn't mind some "Mod Hunting"...that Rage Mod you got is dropped by the Red Napalm Grineer. Still a few Nightmare and Corrupted to get.

chess 01-14-14 06:02 PM

Yeah, about that Rage mod:

Rage recharges energy when you take damage to health.

Another mod that I got the other day (Quick Thinking) uses your energy as a pool of health.

Combining the two of them together...well, do the math. It isn't God-mode, but it feels pretty close in practice.

chess 01-14-14 06:08 PM

Also, I know we made fun of the "smoke" color scheme, but it's actually the one I'd recommend in hindsight. You have the basic colors by default, and what you really need are blacks, grays and whites. It's apparently the only true black among the color schemes.

flashburn 01-14-14 06:19 PM

My Pink Rhino disagree's! All I apparently need are pink and white.

K&AJones 01-15-14 07:13 AM

Got a little help on the last defend on Europa last night so it's unlocked. Another planet to send the Titan out for Morphics.

Tried...again...with Trinity but in a more open Defend than Xini and got more out her. Toyed with Link a bit but still trying to figure just how and where she fits in. I think the key to getting the most out of her is like the wiki says is Power Duration and Power Efficiency.

Reading on how some use her they throw out Well of Life to pick a target like a Heavy or Ancient, suspend for a long time to drain for health and throw out Energy Vampire and use Link if needed rinse and repeat. Apparently it's all in the timing and also having a team that knows her abilites and use them.

Played frost Prime a bit last night and need to get him back up. didn't ealize how much more I've got to get him back to 60.

And finally the Soma will be ready and get to play with it tonight.

flashburn 01-15-14 07:31 AM

If you are looking for a good place to farm for XP (and decent loot), just do Mercury - Apollodorus. It's a survival mission and it's really easy to do 30+ minute runs, and most people doing it are also farming, so they'll know what they are doing and want to stick around for a while. Since it's a survival I find it to a be a lot more fun that just running a defense mission like at Xini.

I don't think I've found a place that is as good as Appolodorus for XP farming.

chess 01-15-14 09:29 AM

Mimas on Saturn for the same reasons, but it's Infested and usually gives a couple of Orokin Cells.

flashburn 01-15-14 09:31 AM

Nice, I'll check it out. I imagine Mimas is a bit harder, so it might not be best if you are running with really low level gear?

chess 01-15-14 01:22 PM

I've been running new frames on it and lots of new weapons. It's not too bad since it's infested, and even if you're outgunned, there are always strong frames on Mimas farming Orokin Cells that you can stay close to and milk XP off of.

For quick leveling frames, I like to run Mimas once to get to level 8-10, and then I set the frame up with its best attack power (usually their AOE) and either Fleeting or Streamline so I can spam it a bit. Then I try to get as many of my kills as possible with that power because that maximizes XP directly to the frame.

The one advantage defenses have is that everybody tends to stay close together where they share XP. In survival, they tend to wander off, so it's in your interest to find a couple of guys to stick to.

chess 01-15-14 01:23 PM

If any of you guys get a spare Blaze mod...

I ran 20-25 nightmare runs this morning, and no love. :(