DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615288-warframe-pc-ps4-xb1-ninjas-play-free.html)

chess 01-07-14 09:12 AM

re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Looking forward to checking Ember out with the updates, and I'm hoping Ember Prime's polarity slots are different, because regular Ember's are a mess.

I think the air support pods are on a strict timer, but it's very much luck of the draw for which rooms you get. I think if you get the big round one, you are in business, because it has probably 8 places enemies can spawn from and bring you life support. I'm convinced we would have made 45 minutes the other night if my Rhino hadn't glitched and I could have made it back to you guys. I can only describe the difficulty to that point as "casual" with the Rhino Stomp, but without combining firepower with you guys, I wasn't doing the kind of damage I needed to do to get the personal modules. I was killing guys, but I was chewing through Soma ammo like crazy. Galatine would definitely have helped, because I could have at least taken out ancients in a swing or two.

That's actually why I think you need two Rhinos. You need one to do solo recon for the modules that pop up, and you need another with the group to Stomp (defense) and Roar (offense). Combine that with a Nova (for debuff) and one other high damage frame...not sure who, and I think you're in business. Hell, I kind of lean toward a third Rhino!

Edit: And everybody probably needs ammo mutation on their primary (or an ammo restore) because there is a secondary resource management challenge for ammo once enemies become bullet sponges. Is Rifle Scavenger a team perk? I've never considered running it, but it might be worthwhile to have one in the group in this case.

K&AJones 01-07-14 10:28 AM

FWIW Chess...I put a potato on the Ember and re-did the load out to emphasize Duration over Power Strength and Streamline. Read the wiki again and with World On Fire damage is more done thru duration than Strength. Also Streamline in the mix may reduce Energy Cost but it has a negative on Duration.

I maxed out Constitution and Continuity (combined for 58%), took off Streamline and put a 75% Flow Mod in the mix. We did a Defend in the Derelict and I was able to do a Fire Blast in the center and then follow up with World on Fire at the same time. Mix in a Rhino and Nova we had it cooking. I need to do a actual time on that and see how long.

My Flame Thrower will be ready tomorrow and I cannot wait. I'll max that out and Forma that. Plan to just do a special load out with Ember, Flamer and utilize her Accelerate Ability

Haven't seen or done much with the other guys. If you need someone to fill in or just want to run Derelict or Keys let me know. See ya...

chess 01-07-14 10:33 AM

I'm pretty sure I tried to hit you with an invite last night.

I recommend looking at Party Chat to see if we're on and just joining the party whether invited or not, because we could have used a fourth. I've just been crashing foxdvd's party chat, but I often set my own up.

I think my PSN messages are still acting a little strange, so that's not really a reliable way to get me these days. I'm having some strange issues with the sharing functions as well...need to look into that.

chess 01-07-14 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11969398)
FWIW Chess...I put a potato on the Ember and re-did the load out to emphasize Duration over Power Strength and Streamline. Read the wiki again and with World On Fire damage is more done thru duration than Strength. Also Streamline in the mix may reduce Energy Cost but it has a negative on Duration.

I maxed out Constitution and Continuity (combined for 58%), took off Streamline and put a 75% Flow Mod in the mix. We did a Defend in the Derelict and I was able to do a Fire Blast in the center and then follow up with World on Fire at the same time. Mix in a Rhino and Nova we had it cooking. I need to do a actual time on that and see how long.

I can't imagine potato'ing Ember with Ember Prime out there for the getting. Ember Prime is a really really cool looking frame with the gold mask and trim and the hair literally on fire. Plus she has, I assume, an extra polarity slot already built in.

I have to say that some of the choices they made with Ember are real head-scratchers. Her polarity slots don't make sense, and her helmets all have negative effects IMO...not that I'd ever use any helmet other than Ember Prime's. :drool:

chess 01-07-14 10:45 AM

Some good alert missions in the past 12 hours, and I haven't gotten any of them:

Orokin Reactor
Squall Frost Helmet (his best one for perks)
Backdraft Ember Helmet
Essence Loki Helmet

I already had the Squall and Backdraft Helmets, but I sure would have liked to get in on the Orokin Reactor.

K&AJones 01-07-14 10:51 AM

I'd love to get the Prime version but it seems I have the worst luck on getting the final piece...Frost Prime? She's fun but see her her mainly for Infested which is said to be going away so who knows where she'll end up at. I'll turn my attention to Nova, Frost and Rhino but wouldn't mind grabbing parts for another frame...suggestion? I do have all of Banshee's but lack one of Trinity's. I was thinking of grabbing Ash...just need a bit of help with the Boss I guess?

Sorry I missed the call out. I need to pull that up more often. I'm just doing a lot of "Blue Mission" random so to unlock a whole planet. I can throw out the Titan and grab some stuff. It actually has picked up 1-2 Morphic Samples.

chess 01-07-14 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11969422)
I'd love to get the Prime version but it seems I have the worst luck on getting the final piece...Frost Prime? She's fun but see her her mainly for Infested which is said to be going away so who knows where she'll end up at. I'll turn my attention to Nova, Frost and Rhino but wouldn't mind grabbing parts for another frame...suggestion? I do have all of Banshee's but lack one of Trinity's. I was thinking of grabbing Ash...just need a bit of help with the Boss I guess?

My suggestion on primes is to one, use your keys (I'm happy to join), and two, troll the "region" and "recruiting" chats for people looking to run the keys you need. If you run enough Captures, you'll get Ember Prime (and a ton of credits).

Pro Tip: On the chat, if you type in "/w username message", you'll beat all of the noobs who are scrolling through the list and get more invites. Using that command will open up a chat tab with that player and will allow them to invite you more easily. An example of what you'd type in for a tower invite if you saw me type something like "LF2 for T3 Cap, PM for invite" in the chat: /w frizby inv plz

Pro Tip 2: If you'd rather scroll through the names, you can scroll up to "Z", and if you press the scrolling direction you want on both the stick and the D-pad, it will scroll much faster.

Edit: Forgot to say that I'd go after Trinity first, as they are moving her to a new boss in the next update.

Sorry I missed the call out. I need to pull that up more often. I'm just doing a lot of "Blue Mission" random so to unlock a whole planet. I can throw out the Titan and grab some stuff. It actually has picked up 1-2 Morphic Samples.
The in-game PM system is broken. Messages clear out between games. Pretty sure I sent you a direct invite, which would have popped up if you weren't in a game, which you probably were.

flashburn 01-07-14 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11969422)

Infested isn't going away. They changed things a few times, but right now there are these new "Infestation" missions, that are basically those Operations, but they move from system to system, and I don't think they ever end. The rewards aren't nearly as good, but definitely not bad, like 20-30k credits for running a mission 3 times. Sometimes the award is just a single rare material though.

Just brace yourself for the nerfs coming, because there have been many from what I've seen. Mag has been neutered to hell. I've heard the same about many other frames as well.

K&AJones 01-07-14 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn (Post 11969663)
Infested isn't going away. They changed things a few times, but right now there are these new "Infestation" missions, that are basically those Operations, but they move from system to system, and I don't think they ever end. The rewards aren't nearly as good, but definitely not bad, like 20-30k credits for running a mission 3 times. Sometimes the award is just a single rare material though.

Just brace yourself for the nerfs coming, because there have been many from what I've seen. Mag has been neutered to hell. I've heard the same about many other frames as well.

Thanks for the update. Funny you mentioned the nerfs. Just the other day Me and Chess did a quick Tower (he had a key and invited me) and I mentioned his supercharged Nova made it a cake walk. I just got my Ember up to around (10) and said before the latest updates everyone liked her but mentioned her abilities had been nerf and said, "I'm worried they might see Nova as too strong and nerf her".

I was going to get more Platinum but I'm going to see just what this next update will do. If they start a nerfing binge on Frames, Mods and Weapons then I'll do a wait & see. I wonder if it has anything to do with losing out on some market items?

flashburn 01-07-14 06:20 PM

I really don't get it. I thought the entire point of this game was to make the most badass overpowered frame possible? It seems like that isn't what Digital Extremes is thinking. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts, or until they remove their heads from their asses.

K&AJones 01-08-14 08:57 AM

The last few days has actually been good with a lot going on...

Last night Chess and Reaver ran thru about six times helping me get the final Trinity part (systems)...all in about 30-40 minutes. So all the Trinity parts are cooking...

Got the BP for the Dark Sword on a Alert and it's cooking...

With some advice from Chess and others I have the Glavine cooking...

My Flame Thrower will be ready today...

Picked the mod Equilibrium...

Got another Nekros part...still need two more...calling Chess and ?....

foxdvd 01-08-14 02:48 PM

Finally started to play a Loki. The idea of building a pure invisibility build has me intrigued. I guess it is easy to get that invisibility up to 31 seconds with cost of about 26 energy. With that you can keep it up at all times and get double charge damage on a galatine...I am just not sure how useful he would be for team play even if his radial disarm can be cool....

Chess, if you see me in a chat with someone named Mrfigglefart, that is my son. I try to keep him out of chat rooms with adults... even though he is a teenager my conversations with my friends get a little saucy. COME ON IN!

chess 01-08-14 05:05 PM

:lol: That is the freaking best! I had the day off today, so I messed around a bit.
  • I feel like my Soma build is more or less finalized, unless I decide to set it up for factions, and my Galatine is probably a forma away.
  • Djinn will be ready in a few hours
  • Supra will be ready tomorrow
  • Sold another 65 platinum worth of keys and rare fusion cores
  • Messed around with Vaubon a little bit. He's cool, but I think I'll sit on him until I can use his ultimate
  • Got a Reactor BP for my daily reward yesterday...no idea who might get it.

Think I'm going to forma Rhino just one more time...replace Rhino Charge with a different polarity.

K&AJones 01-09-14 08:09 AM

Good time last night doing various runs with a good group and not bad results...

Two Orokin Cells...
All of ASH parts...
Glavine went from 0 to 16...
Nice batch of Mutagen Sample...

Sorry we didn't get one missing ASH pc for Sith. After you left Chess Sith left but me and Zombie did about 4-5 Tower 1 Defends and (2) Tower II Capture's. He said he needed the credits since he was broke.You know...I really haven't sold any of the Mods but have hung onto them for use. He said he didn't have but around 200 left and less than 90K credits...and that was after the Tower runs. I'm at 1Mil credits and have 3200 Mods. Oh well...

Good to see you got a Coolant for your Sentinel. You'll love it as it's a life saver or for me it is. It'll freeze anything that get's close dead in their tracks and protects your backside. And Sanctuary is a lifesaver...litterally. Those two are a must for Sentinels.

I'm really debating on doing a Forma on my Nova and Rhino or for that matter anything till the next update. I might first concentrate on taking both Trinity and Ash to 30 and go from there. I do need to Forma both Rhino and Nova though.

Speaking of Forma...in your opinion with weapons, does it make sense to add a potato and then Forma or just do Forma a few times? I need to do this more along with maxing certain mods but hate to make the wrong choice with weapon and slot type.

chess 01-09-14 08:48 AM

Glavine? Are you talking about the Glaive maybe? If so, how do you like it? For me, it was kind of a cool novelty and is great for doing solo runs where ammo is an issue. I also dig the animation and sound effect when it returns.

Nova and Rhino both require a forma. At a minimum, you have to give Rhino a "dash" polarity for energy siphon or corrosive auras. I want to say that I only forma'd each of them once, and I might forma each of them one more time. I haven't found a single frame where I want to use all four of their abilities. Rhino is probably the closest with three, but everybody else is two at most. Mag is probably the other with three useful abilities, but Crush seems super wimpy on any enemy over level 20 or so.

My Soma build is good, but Galatine will likely get a forma or maybe even two. My advice would be to see how you like the "feel" of a particular weapon and then look at some videos to see how beastly it can get. If both of those tests are passed, give the weapon a potato and then forma as many times as needed. Without a potato, a Forma doesn't really save you all that many points anyway.

I still haven't put a single Orokin Catalyst on a secondary weapon unless you count the one I put on Lato when I didn't understand that they were permenant. I honestly still haven't found a single one that speaks to me or is in any way preferable to simply using the Soma for any reason other than to save ammo. I guess If I had to pick one, I'd have to pick one with high puncture damage to compliment the Soma, probably the knives, but I'm hesitant to do that when there's always the slim chance that I'll get the Stalker's knives (Despair).

I should have the Supra tonight. Looking forward to checking that out. And as I'm sitting here, I'm realizing that I forgot to start my next Fieldron and Mutagen builds this morning so they'd be ready tonight. :(

I didn't actually get Coolant Leak K&A, as it's not currently tradeable, but I did trade Berzerker for Sanctuary, which might actually allow me to revive people with Nova more often. I guess I need to keep hanging out in the Void until I get Coolant Leak. Combined with Guardian, Sanctuary and Vacuum, it should make my Carrier an amazing little sidekick. I need to give it a Forma when I'm done leveling Djinn. Djinn is worthless, but his poison dart gun is kind of interesting. Regardless, I'll level them both to 30.

chess 01-09-14 09:10 AM

I also mentioned that I got an Orokin Reactor for my daily reward the other day, and I have absolutely no idea who to put it on. Currently, Volt, Frost Prime, Rhino and Nova have Reactors.
  • Vaubon seems like the best candidate, if you could use his ultimate without crashing the game
  • Ember Prime is fun but is inferior to Nova in every way (similar at face value but slower and weaker, and she relies on a single element)
  • Mag Prime wasn't as much fun to play as I'd hoped (surprisingly slow, squishy and Crush is disappointing), but she does have more useful skills than most frames
  • Nekros is neat in theory, but if you're playing with Novas and Rhinos, you aren't getting enough kills to make him useful, so he's too situational to commit to
  • Nyx's Choas is kind of OP, which makes her a little bit boring to play
  • Trinity will be the next one I interview for the potato
  • Valkyr will be lucky if she ever gets out of the foundry
  • Same for Ash
On the weapon side, I only have Soma and Galatine potatoed, and I have no clue who's next. With Infested being de-emphasized, I don't think it's the flame thrower. It should probably be a secondary, and Kunai seems the most likely...maybe dual revolvers.

Edit: So it sounds like Bronco Prime is a little bit of a beast, basically a Hek with superior pistol mods. It also has four shots instead of Bronco's two and is expandable to six with Ice Storm.

foxdvd 01-09-14 03:22 PM

https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...15-infothread/

trophy says what?

excited...

K&AJones 01-09-14 04:54 PM

Thanks for the link. Sounds good so far...the adding of Trophies, dealing with getting around on the Star Chart ( a pain) and kind of knew about Vauban. But I'm hoping for a bit of tuning to Valkyr (though I'll probably move on to Ash and Trinity), a few new weapons and of course see if they do any nerfing to Frames.

By the way Chess I did Forma my Nova and she's up to (18). I ended up adding "a Tactic" slot while keeping both Attacks. One of the Attacks has Focus but I really don't have another except Duration which is really no use. If or when adding another Forma it'll probably be Defense.

I do like the Glavie. I used it a bit more on the Infested Defend and even at (19) I was getting 3-diget yellow critical tossing it out left & right. Sad but it's primary damage is Slash which is the same as the Galatine and my Dual Ethers. But I'm betting that it's a must for ASH. I'm actually having a bit of fun with it.

chess 01-09-14 06:09 PM

Excellent, and trophies better be retroactive, or I will punch somebody in the throat.

It occurred to me tonight that the stuff that gets dropped by the Phobos boss won't be dropped there anymore when Trinity moves there, so I went ahead and farmed it up. Miter and Twin Gremlins are in the oven. I don't have high hopes for Miter being worth a shit, but I'm intrigued by the Gremlins.

chess 01-10-14 08:06 AM

Productive night last night with K&A and some other folks:
  • Farmed the parts for Miter and the blueprint for Twin Gremlins from Phobos bosses
  • Built both and am really looking forward to trying the Gremlins
  • Opened up at least half of the 15 or so locked levels on my star chart
  • Got another Barrel Diffusion from a derelict defense (at wave 5!?)
  • Built the Bronco Prime, which seems potentially awesome (think of a Hek with superior pistol mods)
  • Got the last blade for Orthos Prime and have it cooking
  • Only Primes left are Sicarus (need BP) and Fang (need both blades)
  • Hopefully got the second Nekros helmet from alert (odd bug, because Warframe)
  • Finally claimed Valkyr from the foundry (why not, I have 8 slots left and 520 platinum)
  • Claimed the Supra and was disappointed (feels like a Gorgon with slow bullets)
  • Should be able to build the Synapse tonight on the Mutagen side
  • Thinking about the laser pistol on the Fieldron side
Djinn continues to disappoint, and I think I'm going to level him and his gun separately because it will ultimately be quicker. I'll play Carrier with Djinn's gun so it has some survivability and can keep leveling, and I'll play Djinn with Carrier's shotgun so he gets more kills.

I think either Vaubon or Mag Prime are going to get the one Reactor I have. I'm leaning toward Mag Prime, because I think with a Rush mod he'd be a fun character. I was really really disappointed with how slow he is. Vaubon seems to be a superior version of Frost/Frost Prime, but I'm cautous about him being fixed in the update and will hopefully have another Reactor by then.

chess 01-10-14 08:38 AM

Twin Gremlins against lvl 45 Grineer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aqhmrLIpcV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the look of these. If they feel as good as they look, I'll bet they get a potato and a forma.

flashburn 01-10-14 08:50 AM

Chess, I'm strongly going to caution against wasting anything on Mag Prime. Mag got severely nerfed as I previously mentioned. At least wait until the 11.5 patch to judge for yourself.

chess 01-10-14 09:02 AM

Yeah, forgot about that. Guess it's going to be Vaubon then. His sticky grenades, bastille and ultimate are all solid and different.

I might like to have a powerful Ash or Loki too, just for a different play style.

Nerfing Mag is dumb, because Mag isn't really all that strong in the first place. Her Pull is pretty good, but it's not nearly as strong as what several other characters do, and it's not like you see a ton of people playing or spamming her at high levels.

flashburn 01-10-14 01:28 PM

Don't worry, they are nerfing them all. Slowly but surely.

K&AJones 01-10-14 04:42 PM

Yea...another good night and so close to Bronco & Boar Prime...missing one part each. Zombie and Sith got their missing parts which was good. May see if we can do more keys. I did get everything for the Reaper Prime and still have all for the Latron Prime. But Zombie said he wasn't impressed with the Latron and was going to sell it. And the Reaper Prime has zero polarity slots, costs (10) Orokin Cells and not as strong as the Galatine or Orthos both which also deal Slash damage.