DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/615288-warframe-pc-ps4-xb1-ninjas-play-free.html)

flashburn 01-19-14 11:41 AM

re: Warframe (PC, PS4, XB1) - Ninjas Play Free

Is Coolant Leak super rare or something? I've gotten two of them so far. Maybe I should sell one.

chess 01-19-14 10:30 PM

I don't know that it's super rare. Just something I wanted but hadn't gotten yet. It's an unrankable mod, so I'm not sure you could sell it right now anyway.

One prime left: Sicarus Prime

Forma'd Carrier.

Potato'd Vaubon.

foxdvd 01-19-14 11:26 PM

Played around with the Oberon today for 3 matches...what another waste of a warfame. I honestly think they have given up trying to make a good frame.

Would it be so bad to make his heal spell actually revive down team members? It can do this if you cast it before they go down, but really would that break the game if you could cast it after they go down? Maybe put a timer on when you can us it again on someone if they already went down.

His ultimate looks cool, but it is another damage dealing skill that becomes shit vs high level enemies.

His strip area damage skill is another shit skill. If it was 3 times bigger it would actually be really cool, but as it is, no one stands on it.

I actually think he might be weaker than the valkyr...at least high level.

Don't be in a rush when he comes to the ps4 to get him.

chess 01-20-14 07:10 AM

That's too bad about Oberon. I've come full circle on characters with traditional AOE, because you're right, they simply don't stand up against higher level enemies. Examples: Avalanche, Crush, Overload, World on Fire...

Back to our discussion yesterday, fox...after potato'ing Vauban and playing with him a bit, I really really like him, but the answer to your previous question is a Nova and three Rhinos. I'm having a really hard time identifying a practical advantage that Bastille has over Stomp, and Rhino is more survivable with bigger shields, more speed and Iron Skin, and as if that weren't enough, he gives a team buff with Roar. You might want two of the Rhinos set up to spam Stomp and the third set up with longevity for Roar, but there's your answer. Rhinos. Three of em.

If the defense were Corpus or Grineer, one of the Rhinos might be a Loki, but again, is Radial Disarm functionally any better than Stomp? I kind of doubt it.

K&AJones 01-20-14 07:10 AM

Hey guys...

IUf possible would like another stab on trying to land a Stormbringer Rifle Mod tonight.

Also if in the mood or if some need to level up stuff I'm in since I'm working on both the Soma and Synapse along with Mag Prime. i pretty much just a bunch of Alerts and got in a good deal of randoms doing Ceres and Uranus knocking out a bunch of undone missions.

chess 01-20-14 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11983822)
Hey guys...

IUf possible would like another stab on trying to land a Stormbringer Rifle Mod tonight.

Also if in the mood or if some need to level up stuff I'm in since I'm working on both the Soma and Synapse along with Mag Prime. i pretty much just a bunch of Alerts and got in a good deal of randoms doing Ceres and Uranus knocking out a bunch of undone missions.

I'm game for whatever. Been keeping an eye out for Stormbringer for you, and if you ever want the electric shotgun mod back, I have a couple of spares now.

I unlocked everything on the map last night. Still lots of blue, but no locks.

foxdvd 01-20-14 09:58 AM

Stomp vs Bastille. I go back and forth in my head on this, but playing with a Vauban I find Bastille by itself to be better than Stomp late game on defense missions.

Cost...this is really not that important. While stomp cost more, most are going to use a fleeting on this, and you don't want to use a fleeting on vauban, so they equal out even if you are using blind rage on rhino.

Effect (for how I mod them)...Stomp takes everyone out of a fight around you for 8 seconds. If any enemies come at you after you cast, you have to wait 8 seconds to cast again. Bastille takes 20 people out of a fight for 30 seconds. You can cast it anywhere you can see, so if you want to lock down multiple points you can. You can cast as much as you want. If any enemy comes into your range after your cast, they are still taken out of a fight with bastille.

Stomp has about twice the range of Bastille. This is the main reason I think Stomp would win. Bastille lifts enemies high in the air for your team to see. They are easier to tell who is alive and who is dead. This is why I go back with Bastille in my head. They float at a perfect height for the team to pick off one at a time, and after they are dead they fall. I find it difficult late game to pick out the dead and alive from a stomp. This is why I like Bastille.

You can cast Bastille on a point on defense, or even other team members on survival and then move away for 30 seconds and know that point is still protected. If a person goes down 50 meters away, you can throw a bastille on him for someone else to revive, vs a rhino who needs to run to them, stomp and then revive.

In the end stomp is a better skill if you count capture, rescue and even most survival missions (until wave 40) and bastille just seems to be more useful for the team on pure defense missions and at that point late game in survival when you are trying to keep the nova alive while the rhino hits air.

K&AJones 01-20-14 10:04 AM

Well sorry I had to leave the conversation yesterday but when Zane is over it's about him. he does want me to pull up Warframe as he's fascinated with the Frames and weapons. He's always going to the TV and pointing stuff out wanting to see and hear what it does. When he saw Nekros he wanted to know more and that's when he asked. Should be honored....ya'll were the very first he has actually spoke and listened to. He absolutely loves the Miter and Synapse... He was yelling "fry them PaPa and shoot em' in the face". We beat Knack yesterday and now it's coop time on him...

I went over to the wiki again to see just where some are getting the Stormbringer and this is the list so far...

Neptune - Despina...Wave 10 as a reward; got it after 10-20 runs
Venus - Kiliken...Reward after 20 Waves
Neptune - Thalassa...Wave 15
Venus - Venera...Reward after Wave 15
Kappa....Dropped by Grineer Scopion

I'm loving the Synapse but with no polarity slots it's killing me even at Level 20. However I have (ABC) slots set with combo for Grineer, Corpus and Infested using just Serreation (105%) and the right elemental for the specific combo. But the thing sucks ammo and cannot put the Rifle Ammo Mutation mod which is a must. The real gem with this I feel is the Critical Chance is an astounding 50% (Soma is 30%) along with a decent Critical Damage 2.0x and Proc of 10%. Since Slash, Punture and Impact Mods have no effect you can add Extend Clip, a max Ammo Drum along with high Critical Chance and Damage. Don't know if mods like Shred, Metal Auger, Split Chamber and Charged Chamber has an actual impact. And I'm debating if it really needs a potato or not or just Forma the thing about 2-4 times.

foxdvd 01-20-14 10:08 AM

As for loki, the more I play him the more I love him. The 30 second invisibility is absolutely amazing. With a speed mod he seems to move as fast as a volt with speed on. You can lock down any map. Radial disarm seems only ok at first. Enemies die so fast I stop even using it. Then when they get to level 40 or so, it just destroys Corpus/Grineer. Sure, they still can kick/hit you, but that is SO much easier to control. Those feet stomping guys that knock you down? That power is removed. Flame thrower/rocket launcher guys piss you off? Those are removed. I did not realize at first that it removed the stomp effects as well.

I am seriously thinking about using a fleeting on him if I can get a low level one. While I will lose the 30 seconds of invisibility, I will still have 14 seconds, and the cost is only 12 at that point, so I can cast it more. This would bring my radial disarm cost down to 25 from its current 55.

K&AJones 01-20-14 02:37 PM

Well I got a pleasant surprise when I went home for lunch...

reading what Chess and fox have been saying on Loki I decided to check the market for his price and see what came with him. I knew I had at least one helmet but wanted to see if I had two. I haven't really checked my Foundry in awhile because I really haven't got anything or at least didn't think so. I looked and sure enough I had both Loki helmets but then the biggest surprise which I had to do a double take...a Dread Bow BP...no idea where or when but it's there.

I've been in on three in the last week where we beat him with the last one the Infested Defend on Xini but we got the End of the 15 wave when he was still going or it looked like it so who knows. Now to get more Morphics which I'm extremely low on.

I went ahead and Poatoe'd the Synapse. I looked at the slots and between the elemental, status chance, critical chance and critical damage I'll probably need it. I've got about 370 average combo elemental with a 3.4x multiplier, 50% chance and 14.0 status and it's at Level 38.

I'll probably get Loki but I need to continue with Mag Prime and Nova and get around to forma Rhino. The 75Plat for him on the market is not a bad deal since it includes a Reactor and Warframe slot. Almost sounds like a steal based on what Fox is saying about him.

foxdvd 01-20-14 03:32 PM

I would have no problem paying 75 p for Loki. It would cost you 20 p for the extra warframe slot anyway, along with the potato and resources to craft him..

I have a funny story that I was not going to post because I honestly think it is one of those "you had to be there" to find funny...but here it is anyway...

My son and I played with the worst guys of all time the other day. I am not sure if they were trolling us but they had low level frames on xini. We were both leveling up our Ash frames and in comes a low level Rhino and Excalibur. They both had hardly any shield or health, and kept going down. After the match, one of them sends a message saying that was "Garbage" that we were not helping keep the pod safe because we were flying around the map with our ash powers. I quickly sent a message for them "not to leave" that I had a high level Vauban that could lock the map down with is Bastille. I said something like "My Vauban can lock down the map, I honestly think we can do wave 50" and one guy said "hell yeah!" I quickly put on a level 0 Bastille and a level 8 narrow minded mod which lowered the range of my Bastille to 2 meters.

This just barely covered the pod, and I mean with an inch to spare..lol When I put it down, I wrote "Impressed?" I don't know why I was laughing so hard, but my son and I had tears in our eyes. I kept throwing these little bastille circles all over the map....after the match (5 waves) I just get a fuck you from them...lol

K&AJones 01-20-14 04:19 PM

What a hoot...and yea they were trolls or "coat tail riders" as I call them. I bet they thought they park their butts in a nice safe place and just stand and watch. Shame no mic because hearing them would've been priceless. I'm sure the word is out for some just to latch on a some higher level Frames, do much of nothing and reap the rewards. Next time something like that happens with a couple of clowns, throw in a Frost Prime with a bunch of mini Snowballs everywhere but over the pod.

Update...Someone over in the official Warframe PS4 forums in the Trade section has a ton of mods up FS or trade...he's asking for Hammer Shot, Rejuvenation and Whirlwind and he has Stormbringer along with Fever Strike. I posted I'll offer Rejuvenation for Stormbringer and I'm in for Fever Strike. No trade I'll buy so we'll see.

...and on the Pathogen Rounds several are saying they got it on Jupiter - Elara - Survival. Some got it in 2-5 runs and some it took 7-10. One said about three of the Anti-Moas spawn every round. If everyone is up for a few more tries fine. And thanks fo helping get the Stormbringer last night.

chess 01-21-14 07:05 AM

Good story. I had something kind of similar the other night.

It was super late, and I was on the chat looking for random tower invites, and I misread this dude's (quantum-something) post. The way he typed it, I thought he was setting up a game rather than fishing for one (which is annoying anyway). So I mistakenly PM him with an "inv plz", and he writes back "I'm not hosting noob". I respond with "f u", and he says "a noob would say that".

Alright. Fucking noted.

So I notice that he's been fishing the chat hard for hours for invites to T2 or T3 Cap (spamming even), I assume looking for Ember or Orthos. So I go look at my keys, and sure enough, I had two T2 Caps and a T3 Cap that I was hanging on to to sell later when I could package them or to run with buddies. So I post:

"t3 cap. anybody but quantum pm for inv."
and he says in the thread:

"why you gotta hate friz?"
After we ran that:

"t2 cap. anybody but quantum pm for inv."
And once more after that just to really drive the point home.

The dudes who got in the games were laughing their asses off.

chess 01-21-14 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11983962)
Stomp vs Bastille. I go back and forth in my head on this, but playing with a Vauban I find Bastille by itself to be better than Stomp late game on defense missions.

Cost...this is really not that important. While stomp cost more, most are going to use a fleeting on this, and you don't want to use a fleeting on vauban, so they equal out even if you are using blind rage on rhino.

Effect (for how I mod them)...Stomp takes everyone out of a fight around you for 8 seconds. If any enemies come at you after you cast, you have to wait 8 seconds to cast again. Bastille takes 20 people out of a fight for 30 seconds. You can cast it anywhere you can see, so if you want to lock down multiple points you can. You can cast as much as you want. If any enemy comes into your range after your cast, they are still taken out of a fight with bastille.

Stomp has about twice the range of Bastille. This is the main reason I think Stomp would win. Bastille lifts enemies high in the air for your team to see. They are easier to tell who is alive and who is dead. This is why I go back with Bastille in my head. They float at a perfect height for the team to pick off one at a time, and after they are dead they fall. I find it difficult late game to pick out the dead and alive from a stomp. This is why I like Bastille.

You can cast Bastille on a point on defense, or even other team members on survival and then move away for 30 seconds and know that point is still protected. If a person goes down 50 meters away, you can throw a bastille on him for someone else to revive, vs a rhino who needs to run to them, stomp and then revive.

In the end stomp is a better skill if you count capture, rescue and even most survival missions (until wave 40) and bastille just seems to be more useful for the team on pure defense missions and at that point late game in survival when you are trying to keep the nova alive while the rhino hits air.

Stomp wins this one all day, even for defense IMO.
  • Reliably instant where Bastille has an annoying delay where ancients can bitch slap you
  • Much greater range
  • Doesn't require any strategy for placement
  • Fully spammable with Fleeting/Streamline, making duration irrelevant, and don't forget that enemies still have to get up
  • Stops everybody, which is nice for revives
  • Doesn't lift enemies so high that you can't melee them
  • Doesn't glitch out your sentinel's gun
  • Does some measure of AOE damage, and even more with Roar/Prime
  • Will generally take out those little bastard shield generators
  • It's attached to a character with two other useful skills, easily the highest survivability in the game and more speed with Vanguard Helmet

Give me a Stretch/Streamline Nova, two Fleeting Rhinos for Stomp, and one duration Rhino for Roar. Galatines and Somas all around.

If it's a Corpus or Grineer defense, you could have a solid debate about Vaubon vs. Frost, and I'd lean Frost until Vauban's ultimate is usable.

chess 01-21-14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11984231)
I'll probably get Loki but I need to continue with Mag Prime and Nova and get around to forma Rhino. The 75Plat for him on the market is not a bad deal since it includes a Reactor and Warframe slot. Almost sounds like a steal based on what Fox is saying about him.

It took 15-20 minutes tops to farm the parts for Loki. The boss is basically an easier version of Jackel with some sidekicks.

The only frame I'd buy is Volt, because his parts are a little bit of a pain to farm, and he's only 75p.

Lucky break on Dread Bow. That's not the weapon of his that I want, but it would be a nice surprise. I almost got him yesterday, and would have if the the guy he was after would have moved more and shot less. -ohbfrank-

Also glad you got Stormbringer. Only took 3-4 runs.

K&AJones 01-21-14 08:51 AM

Well thanks for all the help and still a bummer we didn't land Pathogen which I think we can eventually do. Wish I could've done more with Mag but shortly after you and Sith left i went ahead and Forma her (Aura slot for Energy Siphon). She was doing something when you were doing Bastille using the Shield Polarize but the downside with it is it really effects Robotic and not so much Corpus. It does grant extra % of shield in return to what it takes. Sith asked me about Bullet Attracor and I still haven't got that down quite yet but I'd like top try that with a group (you and Sith maybe)

It's a shame they have Shield Polarize set for "Blast Damage" and not Magnetic like Pull. Blast damage is best for Fossilize, a negative for Grineer and really only effects Robotic with some drain on Corpus. Pull and Crush both have Magnetic Damage but I think I really need Blind Rage which I still don't have. I'll build her back up but without Blind Rage I'm not sure just how far I can use her. The funny thing is Mag's Crush deals 1000 Magnetic while Nova's Molecular Prime does 800 Blast but it seems Nova's Prime has a better overall effect. Still like to try maybe a Nova, Mag and Rhino in the mix since all three have a good AOE.

chess 01-21-14 01:40 PM

Another crazy round.

Orokin Reactor alert mission...survival...Stalker shows up after me...kill him...drops some random shitty mod.

At least I got an Orokin Reactor. Sigh.

Think I'll level Mag Prime up a bit before I get another death mark.

K&AJones 01-21-14 04:32 PM

Now if you didn't have all that crap on your frame, just maybe he would drop something good. He's toying with you...

yea...while home I got in on the Orokin Reactor as well. What luck...

Found someone who has a Blind Rage for sale. I wanted to trade but he said he pretty much has everything he wants. I made a offer and I'll see what he said when I get home. Both Mag and Nova could really use this.

The dread Bow is ready but I'm still going back & forth with the Soma and Synapse to level them up. I did build the Fang Prime simply because I haven't built or used any melee in awhile. can't remember the last time I actually swung a sword. Almost no need to when carrying the Gremlins and Soma/Synapse.

PS...Even without any Forma on the Synapse I've got it up to around 625 Magnetic damage...and yes that's with the new Stormbringer at Level 9. I can get more but I need to level it up more. I've got Heavy Caliber in the mix but it's not even leveled up.

chess 01-22-14 11:51 AM

Loki is a cool frame, and was an almost instant potato. :up:

He has 3 useful skills in Decoy, Invisibility and Radial Disarm and is super fast, which makes him more durable than his stats would imply...sort of in the same way Nova is. The first combo that I've been spamming is Decoy, followed by Invisibility, followed by charged Galatine shots which do double damage while invisible. Even at level 10, I was wrecking ancients on round 20 on Xini.

I'm running his Essence helmet for 15% efficiency even though it's ugly, and for now, I'm running Fleeting Expertise for max efficiency. That won't be the long term setup, but for quick leveling frames, I like to be able to spam their abilities for the extra XP you get just for casting them. His long term build will focus on Duration rather than Efficiency.

Bonus points for having perfect polarity slots for E Siphon, Rage and Quick Thinking, which means one forma at most. :up:

My only beef with him is that none of his abilities do direct damage.

flashburn 01-23-14 05:13 AM

Dev Update on upcoming changes:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...ure/?p=1958003

Lots of good stuff coming.

K&AJones 01-23-14 07:08 AM

Wonder what they mean by the Polarity Mgmt? Sounds like you'll be able to change the position?

New in-game HUD...curious as well on this?

I've got a question on the Synaspe. I Forma it last night and got it up to (20). I'm trying to get it so I can use two combo elements on Grineer...Corrosion and Radiation. To get that I need to use Heat, Toxin and Electric (Stormbringer) along with the base damage of the Synaspe. No matter how I do the arrangement I can only get one combo with one elemental.

I looked on the wiki page (Damage) and they give an example of how to get elemental combos using an electric weapon....http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

As an example: If you're using an Electric standalone weapon such as Prova and Lecta, then adding Cold, Toxin, and Fire in 1, 2 and 3 respectively, you will get: Viral (Cold + Toxin) and Radiation (Fire + Electric).

Well I tried that and it doesn't do that. I've use slots....(1-2-3), (1-2-4), (1-2-5), (1-2-8), (1-4-5), (1-5-8), (1-5-8) and not matter what I get it's either Corrosive or Radiation but not both. I've got Serration in Slot 6.

and thanks to ...done forgot his name but he had about (6) Keys for Assassination...but I got all the Nekros stuff and I'll build him. That will make Zane happy.

flashburn 01-23-14 07:45 AM

Here's a mockup of what they were thinking about for the new HUD, no idea if it will look anything like this in the end:
http://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2013-12kein2.png

I love that they put the most important stuff at the center, your shields/health/energy. Makes perfect sense. I hope they stick with that setup.

No idea what Polarity management for forma'd gear means. I think it almost has to mean being able to move polarity slots around, which I guess would be cool.

flashburn 01-23-14 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 11987172)

I've got a question on the Synaspe. I Forma it last night and got it up to (20). I'm trying to get it so I can use two combo elements on Grineer...Corrosion and Radiation. To get that I need to use Heat, Toxin and Electric (Stormbringer) along with the base damage of the Synaspe. No matter how I do the arrangement I can only get one combo with one elemental.

I looked on the wiki page (Damage) and they give an example of how to get elemental combos using an electric weapon....http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

As an example: If you're using an Electric standalone weapon such as Prova and Lecta, then adding Cold, Toxin, and Fire in 1, 2 and 3 respectively, you will get: Viral (Cold + Toxin) and Radiation (Fire + Electric).

Well I tried that and it doesn't do that. I've use slots....(1-2-3), (1-2-4), (1-2-5), (1-2-8), (1-4-5), (1-5-8), (1-5-8) and not matter what I get it's either Corrosive or Radiation but not both. I've got Serration in Slot 6.

I could be wrong, but I think you might need to wait for 11.5 before it will work that way. I know they definitely changed Damage 2.0 with 11.5, but I don't remember the details.

K&AJones 01-23-14 08:11 AM

Well I can live with one combo w/one elemental for now. But did this work like this on the pc version?

Also on the Synaspe does mods like Shred, Metal Auger and Mulitshot have any effect? I know actual damage like puncture, slash and impact doesn't but the ones for class like Grineer, Corpus and Infested should since they are suppose to include base and elemental....

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Bane_of_Grineer

...last question...where do I find Quick Thinking?....that one I don't have.

chess 01-23-14 10:24 AM

I got my Quick Thinking in the Void IIRC. I think it was on a T3 survival and was just a random drop. Wiki says it's dropped by Corrupted Ancients, so survival seems like the best way to farm it, and if you start on T3, they should start showing up right away rather than 10-20 minutes in.

I have the QT/Rage combo on Nova, Rhino, Frost Prime, Loki, Volt, Mag Prime and Vaubon, and in some cases, they are the frame's only defense. It's kind of amazing how they work together, and they are especially effective against the stalker who hits hard but not constantly/repetitively enough to get past QT/Rage. I'm not sure I'd use either absent the other though.

I'm really really loving Loki. I can't make an objective case for him being functionally superior to Rhino or Nova, and he doesn't do anywhere near the kind of raw damage they do, but damn is he fun to play! Also, other than a few specific bosses, I could see Loki being a solid choice for solo runs, and the frame of choice for stuff like Deception and Sabotage. I like him a lot better than Ash, and it's really not even close.

I have him ranked up enough that I ditched the efficiency build and set up a duration build with Narrow Minded and Continuity. Apparently duration is only capped by the mods you can put together, so you could potentially go up to 157% with Continuity, Constitution and Narrow Minded all maxed, but I don't think I'll want to fully max Narrow Minded since it would affect Radial Disarm negatively. I might take it up half way and use a Stretch to offset the range hit. His ugly ass helmet also gives me 25% efficiency, which I combine with a Streamline to get to 55%. Regardless, it seems like even at level 18, I can stay invisible more or less perpetually. I can also shoot guys without breaking invisibility, which I didn't realize previously.

Bottom line: Loki is a top 5 frame, maybe top 3. Highly recommend farming him up, and Hyena is pretty absurdly easy to farm.