Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I'm down to just needing the pool. But I'll take as many trains and pools as the wheel wants to give me.
Old 02-11-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Three spins and I got one train. I'd forgotten it was a 2.25% multiplier! And I was just wondering whether I needed to keep sending valentines now that I had cleared the wheel.
Old 02-11-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Three spins and I got one train. I'd forgotten it was a 2.25% multiplier! And I was just wondering whether I needed to keep sending valentines now that I had cleared the wheel.
You probably have more money than you'd ever be able to spend(Hint Hint EA, Add some multi-million dollar items or the game becomes pointless when there are no tasks). Once I cleared the wheel, I stopped visiting neighbors. Do I really need a dozen heart shaped ponds uglying up my town. Definitely don't need cash and don't see how leveling up and getting 1-3 donuts every few weeks really adds up.
Old 02-11-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was bored, so I got Brandine. I had 45 donuts, so $5 later I have a new character, and later in the year 3 more.
Old 02-11-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

While I like the character-assigning tool, I still hope to get a character locator someday that doesn't rely on a character being available.

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
You probably have more money than you'd ever be able to spend(Hint Hint EA, Add some multi-million dollar items or the game becomes pointless when there are no tasks). Once I cleared the wheel, I stopped visiting neighbors. Do I really need a dozen heart shaped ponds uglying up my town. Definitely don't need cash and don't see how leveling up and getting 1-3 donuts every few weeks really adds up.
I'm still getting value out of the three-donut leveling. I've only purchased donuts a couple times so I don't have many of the premium items. (E.g., the whale is tempting for the 7.0% boost, but I don't have Mt. Springfield and the Springfield sign, so those would be a better buy if I were to spend the donuts.) Yep, I'm sitting on 11 million in cash, but I bought a ton of weather stations and used up about a million and a half, so I backed off, but it didn't take me long to build it back up so I'm continuing to binge on them every now and then. My concern is how long it will take me to level up in the future if the tile glitch is gone for good.
Old 02-11-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

I've found that when tapping neighbors' characters for hearts that it's really only worth doing it until I get down to the one-heart-per-tap level. 5x30 + 4x30 + 3x30 + 2x30 = 420 hearts = 2 spins. At that point I knock it off for the day and when everything resets 24h later I do it again.
Old 02-12-14, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Been banking spins this week, so I just cleared the last space on my Wheel (balloons) and finished my re-do of Level 38's questlines.

So to my neighbors, I'm likely going to be a bad neighbor for the rest of the event; slow to clear Cards out of my Springfield, as I have notifications turned off.

----

Reminder: Lincoln and his Cabin (150 Donuts) will return this weekend for Presidents Day. (Originally available during the Fourth of July 2013 tie-in event.)
Old 02-12-14, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Looks like the servers have futzed out.
Old 02-12-14, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, massive maintenance message for me. Fortunately I was just going in to reset one character.

But wait, I just got notified that olan sent me a valentine's card!
Old 02-12-14, 11:32 PM

Quick question for people that have been playing for a while. How did you balance out building buildings and doing expansions? I think I will ignore the quests for a whole and just concentrate on expanding my Springfield. I think it will make it easier to have a residential area, business area, etc.....
Old 02-13-14, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Braddok
Quick question for people that have been playing for a while. How did you balance out building buildings and doing expansions? I think I will ignore the quests for a whole and just concentrate on expanding my Springfield. I think it will make it easier to have a residential area, business area, etc.....
I've had my town for a very long time -- all land, all items -- and about the only things that have remained in the same place from Day One is my original row of houses, my first Kwik-E-Mart and my original mini-downtown that has Moe's, the Aztec, Android's Dungeon, etc. Now there are large sections that I don't change anymore, because I'm generally happy with where they are, but they've moved around as new items have become available.

Some advice:
  • Have fun with it.
  • Never be afraid to change your mind. Nothing is set in stone.
  • Things happen organically, despite your best planning. Sadly a lot of what is served up lately are more commercial items (restaurants, stores), so it's harder IMO to create pockets of houses over swaths of businesses. It makes it hard to lock-in those pockets over time.
  • Land binges over design. When space got tight, I'd focus on stockpiling cash for land and just cycle though events and questlines. There will be time for decorating and layout ideas.
  • Not every building is a winner. Some buildings are just one-offs for an event or questline. El Chemistri, the Wax Museum, Butterfat's, etc. generally have one task assigned and then they just sit and churn $$$ and XP. So if space and scale are a concern, choose what you like.
  • Anymore, not everything is *truely* limited. Very few items have only been offered once at this point (Mapple store, the end of Season 24 garage sale come to mind). I'd bet that the upcoming St. Patrick's tie-in will include a complete rehash of last year (O'Flanagans pub with Tommy, Wishing Well with Leprechaun, shamrock topiary).

Last edited by Adboy151; 02-13-14 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-13-14, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just need the lamp post....
Old 02-13-14, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I love the Millhouse-Lisa Valentine's animation!

I always put emphasis on the quests and the buildings and only buy as much land as I need to fit everything. However, when I say that I mean I get enough land to make things look nice and spaced, and I refuse to cram buildings together. When I have some free time, I will buy multiple squares in order to arrange things into districts, and of course that also requires a staging area, etc.
Old 02-13-14, 09:28 PM

I fixed my town. Got my hands on an iPad. Apparently, the bug won't operate on iOS. iPad stripped the bug and saved the fixed Springfield to the servers. That repair then showed up on Android. I then reported the fix to EA.

No help from EA. No donuts for my trouble. EA sucks.
Old 02-14-14, 06:50 AM

V-Day Freebee: one I-Choo-Choo-Choose-You Train in your inventory for logging in today.

It DOES count against your Wheel space, if you haven't already unlocked it.
Old 02-14-14, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now all I need is the stupid lamp post to go w/ my 10 valentine ponds.
Old 02-14-14, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really like the Tunnel of Love ride at Krustyland but we need more Krustyland rides.
Old 02-14-14, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Fist pump on getting the train as a gift today. That was the only thing I had been missing.
Old 02-14-14, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I the only person rocking six trains?
Old 02-16-14, 02:59 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Phew.. got the last item i needed on the wheel this morning, the light post. So now I have the Tunnel of Love ride in Krustyland.

Also, got a popup that Lincoln is available again for a limited time. 120 doughnuts, I think. I'm going to skip it as well as Brandiene and the other person available during the valentines day event. I have 125 doughnuts, but I want to save them for something that is going to give me the best return.
Old 02-17-14, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AudioWizard
Am I the only person rocking six trains?
No, I have a line of them parked in my police station parking lot.
Old 02-17-14, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Phew.. got the last item i needed on the wheel this morning, the light post. So now I have the Tunnel of Love ride in Krustyland.

Also, got a popup that Lincoln is available again for a limited time. 120 doughnuts, I think. I'm going to skip it as well as Brandiene and the other person available during the valentines day event. I have 125 doughnuts, but I want to save them for something that is going to give me the best return.

Lincoln and Brandiene are two of my favorite premier characters.
Old 02-17-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nine spins, no trains or ponds.

Originally Posted by Lateralus
I really like the Tunnel of Love ride at Krustyland but we need more Krustyland rides.
Does it do anything other than look cool? I haven't really explored it much.

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Originally Posted by Lateralus
Lincoln and Brandiene are two of my favorite premier characters.
Lincoln is showing as 150 for me, which is not bad for a building with a character. I fully intended to make it my first premium building purchase when it was offered the first time, but it expired a day before I tried to pull the trigger. I will probably pass this time around, but am open to Lateralus' sales pitch.

I did get Brandienne, though, partly because I was bored and partly because it sounds like it will pay off in the long, long, long run (just started the first gestation period).
Old 02-17-14, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

I was stuck needing the train until the VD freebie put me over the top. Now I'm collecting 2-3 spins a day (420 hearts from visiting neighbors daily + whatever hearts I get from others visiting me) and am hoarding the spins until the end of the event draws near. I'm hoping for an odds adjustment on the wheel, because I'd rather have a million ponds (for the % bonus) than a million light posts.
Old 02-17-14, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Does it do anything other than look cool? I haven't really explored it much.
I think it allows Marge to go to Krustyland now, I haven't placed it yet, haven't done anything at KL for a while.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.