Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-13, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

I kind of agree that it feels too easy--I'm over 9K and may hit 10 today. But I prefer it to the frenetic pace of Whacking Day, where we were spending donuts just to hit the goals. However it seems like some people have lost their enthusiasm. Now that I'm in the mode of helping people with gremlins rather than maximizing my own return, many Springfields are maxed out and unhelpable.

I'm trying to let other people's gremlins run free, but damn if it isn't satisfying to whack those little buggers.
Old 10-11-13, 12:01 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't care as much for the Whacking Day one and felt that it almost forced you to spend donuts. I didn't and I was worried that I wouldn't get all the prizes. I almost didn't get the last one but when they extended it, I was able to get it with the help of everyone here and coordinating egg drops.

The Halloween event I feel is more relaxed and even though I have a ways to go, I'm at around 7300 GOO, I know I'll get past 10,000 by the end of the event to get all the prizes. The community ones I'm not so sure about, but I think I was really only interested in the first one anyways since I didn't have Lard Lad as I haven't bought any premium items yet.
Old 10-11-13, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot to add. This update has been really glitchy. In both my iPhone 5 with iOS7, and my Nexus 7 with the latest android OS, it has been a crash fest. Very random crashes, not something that I can duplicate or try to avoid. So that would also make me slow with the tapping. All my characters in 12 or 24 hrs task from now on.
Old 10-11-13, 12:12 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
However it seems like some people have lost their enthusiasm. Now that I'm in the mode of helping people with gremlins rather than maximizing my own return, many Springfields are maxed out and unhelpable.
My big problem is that I can only log in 2 or 3 times a day during the week. So unless you drop gremlins in the three or four hours before I wake up, or the three or four hours before I get home from work, I probably won't get a chance to whack them.

I'm trying to let other people's gremlins run free, but damn if it isn't satisfying to whack those little buggers.
Can you whack other people's gremlins?
Old 10-11-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Raul3
I forgot to add. This update has been really glitchy. In both my iPhone 5 with iOS7, and my Nexus 7 with the latest android OS, it has been a crash fest. Very random crashes, not something that I can duplicate or try to avoid. So that would also make me slow with the tapping. All my characters in 12 or 24 hrs task from now on.
I get frequent crashes on my iphone 4 (especially Krustyland), and most of the characters can be set on long tasks since these quests involve very few of them. I think I only have Homer on two quests at this point, though.

Originally Posted by JasonF
My big problem is that I can only log in 2 or 3 times a day during the week. So unless you drop gremlins in the three or four hours before I wake up, or the three or four hours before I get home from work, I probably won't get a chance to whack them.
Yeah, I play early in the morning, then evening. During the day I can check in occasionally, but not for long, and I know I've missed people's drops. It definitely makes me think more about people's time zones.

Can you whack other people's gremlins?
Sorry, I mean the gremlins people have dropped on me. I'm trying to let them roam free like Raul3 and maximize their GOO, but I enjoy whacking them.

Last edited by davidh777; 10-11-13 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-11-13, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

Letting them just hang out also keeps other people from dropping gremlins in your town. I've got a slew waiting to give to someone, but all of my friends, which came from here, have full towns.

I doubt it will matter in the long run, as most people will probably hit the 10000 before it ends.
Old 10-11-13, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Letting them just hang out also keeps other people from dropping gremlins in your town. I've got a slew waiting to give to someone, but all of my friends, which came from here, have full towns.

I doubt it will matter in the long run, as most people will probably hit the 10000 before it ends.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that today. I can easily see how many loose gremlins other people have in their towns, but I don't know how many I have running around mine so I've been swatting a few here and there today.

However, I just got notified that I got 48 GOO from other people's towns so the I'm guessing a lot of the ones I distributed this morning on the bus have expired.
Old 10-11-13, 02:54 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I also distributed goo on the bus this morning...wait, what?
Old 10-11-13, 03:02 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Groucho
I also distributed goo on the bus this morning...wait, what?
Well.. that certainly explains why the seat and floor were all sticky..
Old 10-11-13, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like knowing who sent me gremlins. When I send gremlins, I want my neighbors to know that I sent them.
Old 10-12-13, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

When I tried to tap on a building to get more ghosts, I got a notice that I had too many already in my town.
Old 10-12-13, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So it is 10k to get all the individual prizes? I am at 4k now.
Old 10-12-13, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bippitty
I like knowing who sent me gremlins. When I send gremlins, I want my neighbors to know that I sent them.
Agree. New system works great unless people let them expire without ever seeing them.

I was just dropping some on xmiyux and someone else must have been doing it too since the numbers were receding faster than I was dropping.

I know people were disappointed they fixed the glitch with being able to tap more than five ghosts in someone else's town, but I heard they also fixed the glitch where you could leave someone's town and not get all the GOO you had earned if you hadn't physically tapped on it. Glad for that.
Old 10-12-13, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Earlier today I was killing as people were haunting and dropping it was kind of funny.

I think Feenst was one of the folks dropping.
Old 10-12-13, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by xmiyux
So it is 10k to get all the individual prizes? I am at 4k now.
Correct, and it's worth aiming for since
Spoiler:
the last prize includes a character.

One annoyance about surpassing 10K:
Spoiler:
Every time I tap on a ghost, I get a popup reminding that I can still cash in GOO at levels of 2000. You don't need to tell me that EVERY TIME. The only good thing is that I still have enough outstanding Homer tasks that I can scroll down and hide the Halloween icon on my task bar. It still pops up, but I can't see it
Old 10-12-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I want to hit the 10k. Going to have to focus more.

Or rob you guys of your haunted houses.
Old 10-12-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Well I want to hit the 10k. Going to have to focus more.

Or rob you guys of your haunted houses.
You're at 4K now--obviously it depends on how much you've been playing, but considering we're about a week and a half in and have about three and a half weeks to go, I think you're in pretty good shape. The folks who are around 2K should be concerned, though.

I dropped a few more on you to help the cause, though.
Old 10-12-13, 03:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidh777
You're at 4K now--obviously it depends on how much you've been playing, but considering we're about a week and a half in and have about three and a half weeks to go, I think you're in pretty good shape. The folks who are around 2K should be concerned, though.

I dropped a few more on you to help the cause, though.
There's a chart in the first post. Assuming you keep a steady pace from day 1 through the end, you need to be at 2,981 today in order to hit 10,000 by the end.
Old 10-12-13, 09:55 PM
Suspended

And we all get a zombie cat!
Old 10-13-13, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

And we all get a zombie cat!
Who appears to be completely useless?

I was really frustrated because I needed Moe to continue one of my quests but I couldn't find him anywhere. He didn't appear to be doing any tasks, and it had been over 24 hours so he should have been finished with anything. I turned off buildings and still couldn't find him. In desperation, I turned to the EA forums, and when someone said Legs had disappeared, someone said to put his building in storage and he'd be back. So I put Moe's in storage, and it warned me that Moe and Marge (???--she wasn't doing anything at Moe's at the time) would be put in storage as well. I canceled out, tried a next-door building to see if I had hit it wrong--no Moe/Marge message. Tried Moe's again--this time no Moe/Marge message. Tried a different building, then Moe's again and this time did get the Moe/Marge message, so I did store it and revive it, and lo and behold Moe is there with a task!

The other annoyance is that I wasn't online most of yesterday and I wasted a lot of task time keeping people free in anticipation of finding Moe. Then last night I got frustrated and assigned everyone, and now I have to wait to move the quest forward. Oh well, at least it's better than banging my head on the wall looking for Moe.
Old 10-13-13, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Certain characters are unlocked when you get certain buildings. When you unlock Cletus' Farm you get Cletus, Bart's Treehouse gives you Bart, Moe's tavern gives you Moe and Marge, etc. If you put a building that unlocked a character into storage, the game will also put that associated character into storage. It doesn't matter where the character is or what the character is doing, once the building goes into storage the character does the same. Then, when you place the building back into your Springfield the character will appear as well. So when you put Moe's Tavern into storage it puts Moe and Marge into storage too. Hopefully that cleared up any confusion.

This is also a good technique to use if you've set a character to perform a task and then some questline has prompted you to have that same character do something else.
Old 10-13-13, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

got my 6 donuts by having burns do his 6 second task.
Old 10-13-13, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by kstublen
Certain characters are unlocked when you get certain buildings. When you unlock Cletus' Farm you get Cletus, Bart's Treehouse gives you Bart, Moe's tavern gives you Moe and Marge, etc. If you put a building that unlocked a character into storage, the game will also put that associated character into storage. It doesn't matter where the character is or what the character is doing, once the building goes into storage the character does the same. Then, when you place the building back into your Springfield the character will appear as well. So when you put Moe's Tavern into storage it puts Moe and Marge into storage too. Hopefully that cleared up any confusion.

This is also a good technique to use if you've set a character to perform a task and then some questline has prompted you to have that same character do something else.
Yeah, I've used the storage trick to free up someone for a quest. I guess my confusion was more around the fact that Moe disappeared at all, and that the building was giving me different messages when I was looking to store it. (Also not sure why Marge was associated with Moe's but maybe that was from when the character came into the game.)

Thanks, though--good thing to keep in mind.
Old 10-13-13, 09:08 PM

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Speaking of missing characters, I can't find Nelson anywhere. I might have to end up storing his house to get him because I can't find him nor his bindle.
Old 10-13-13, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

yeah, i had moe disappear, too. sometimes, if it is a character i know that can go to krustyland, i go there, to see if they show up. then go back to the main part of the game.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.