Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-13, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Noooooooooooooooooo!! They fixed the buddah glitch finally Also tried it on the new Krustyland "Laffy Meal" with no luck. Time to start spending my donuts wisely again...we had a good run.
Damnit, I wish I would have read the thread before updating. I had a Homer Buddha in storage and got a dumpster from it
Old 07-31-13, 10:34 PM

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,139 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Should have made it Itch and Scratchy land, not Krusty Land.......
Wow. You are RIGHT! You are absolutely right! Blown opportunity. At any rate, it will be interesting to see what happens with essentially a whole new game in the game.

I finally earned enough donuts for Handsome Pete, one of the funniest jokes on the show, ever. But before I buy, what does he do? Does he have tasks?
Old 07-31-13, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Shit. I don't like this game in a game thing.
Old 07-31-13, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

Wow, there is a SHITLOAD of land in Krustyland, not nearly enough buildings to fill up the area, at least as of now.

Two features I would like now that there are so many characters:

a.) If you tap on a building, get a list of all people that can interact with that building.

b.) A running list of where everyone is, who is currently doing a task. Pretty much a separate tab on the task list for non-essential tasks.
Old 07-31-13, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story
I finally earned enough donuts for Handsome Pete, one of the funniest jokes on the show, ever. But before I buy, what does he do? Does he have tasks?
He just walks around Squidport, no tasks or storyline. Heck, he doesn't even give any bonuses.
Old 07-31-13, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Ok.. that is new.. When you are in your town and tap on things people did in your town, like cleaning up graffiti, or whatever, it flashes their game name on the screen for a second.
Sorry about that. Do you get stuff for cleaning off graffiti?
Old 08-01-13, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
it's definitely updated on my android. i have the new animated scene on startup and had a lengthy download earlier.
I got the download but no scene. Maybe when Krusty is free?

Unfortunately, not only are all my characters on 24-hour tasks for the mini-golf tournament, but they're ending close to midnight so I won't get to play much of it.

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Ok.. that is new.. When you are in your town and tap on things people did in your town, like cleaning up graffiti, or whatever, it flashes their game name on the screen for a second.
I do like this change. I've been fairly consistent about visiting other towns, so it's nice to get "credit" for it. Seems like performance has taken a bit of a hit, though: When I tap three neighbors' houses in a row, it really hangs on the third one.

I also like the change of seeing the scale of neighboring towns in the map menu. I always wanted that.

Have to say that the only thing worse than coming into someone's town and finding a huge house farm is then trying to find Sideshow Bob in that farm.
Old 08-01-13, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

Mini-Golf tournament? How do you start that up? I have the golf course but no indicators for such an event, nor any animation.
Old 08-01-13, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Mini-Golf tournament? How do you start that up? I have the golf course but no indicators for such an event, nor any animation.
It's part of the Rod and Todd quest.
Spoiler:
It's a long bugger, with multiple characters going on 24-hour tasks.
Old 08-01-13, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any one else having issues with the game crashing on ipad 1? I cant play more then 5 min with out it crashing now.
Old 08-01-13, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by whotony
and capturing sideshow bob helps your 'righteousness" which is within your conform-o-meter (1/2 - 5 stars) Each half star gives you a .5% bonus in cash and XP

You know what I could use right now. A krustyland update. Still waiting. Nothing as of 11PM last night so I set everyone to a 12 hour task, maybe after that?
Old 08-01-13, 08:07 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whotony
No apologies needed, that's part of the game. You get a little bit of cash and XP for cleaning graffiti off. Just like when you visit another town and graffiti a building, you'll get a little bit of cash and XP.
Old 08-01-13, 08:32 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Any one else having issues with the game crashing on ipad 1? I cant play more then 5 min with out it crashing now.
Constantly. I can't play the scratchers on iPad any more -- that's a 100% guaranteed crash -- and I get periodic crashes even if I don't play the scratchers. I've found that powering down the iPad completely then turning it back on can help -- I assume there's some memory cache that's overflowing or something.
Old 08-01-13, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So where is a good place to look for discounted iTunes gift cards?

Now that I will have to buy donuts again...
Old 08-01-13, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy always have deals. They don't have any right now.

Other than that, I've seen deals in Office Max, Office Depot, etc. Costco used to have discounted iTunes cards all the time, not sure if they still have them. I don't see any online.

Checking in Fatwallet right now:

I was at Lowes the other day and there was a sign by the ITunes Giftcards - $10 off the $50 card - I purchased one and it correctly range up $40. Detail said discount was good until I think Aug 6th.
iTunes GC $50 for $40 w/ free shipping @ Officemax expires 8/3/2013
Old 08-01-13, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Geh, eight-hour tasks are my standard, but I just noticed that Lisa's now requires Rod and Todd to be free now that they're actually characters.

Originally Posted by Deftones
Shit. I don't like this game in a game thing.
Me either. I'd prefer to use my accumulated dollars and have it all be integrated like Squidport. I wonder if there were performance issues with adding that much stuff to the main game, though.
Old 08-01-13, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Does anybody have a list of which characters have Krustyland tasks? It's kind of a pain to have a character finish a task in one area, then I have to load up the other area to set them to work. Or does every character have stuff to do in Krustyland?

All in all, I'm not sure how I feel about this update. As someone else said, it seems like we've now got two separate games going on simultaneously. They really need to cut down on the load times switching between Springfield and Krustyland, and they really need to give us better tools for tracking the characters (like someone suggetsed, maybe a tab showing all the characters, whether they are busy, when they will free up, etc.). And I should be able to see all of an idle character's potential tasks at once instead of needing to switch between Springfield and Krustyland to fiugure out whether I want Homer playing ring toss or eating Krustyburgers.
Old 08-01-13, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by davidh777
Geh, eight-hour tasks are my standard, but I just noticed that Lisa's now requires Rod and Todd to be free now that they're actually characters.
Not only that, but Rod and Todd don't get paid. So you're better off putting Rod and Todd on their 8 hour tasks and LIsa on her 6 hour task.
Old 08-01-13, 01:00 PM

If you have here gymnastics outfit from whacking day, I think that has an 8 hour.

Last edited by Jcheckel; 08-02-13 at 02:38 AM.
Old 08-01-13, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Raul3
Best Buy always have deals. They don't have any right now.

Other than that, I've seen deals in Office Max, Office Depot, etc. Costco used to have discounted iTunes cards all the time, not sure if they still have them. I don't see any online.

Checking in Fatwallet right now:
Thanks!
Old 08-01-13, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm a little late to the party and just started adding people. My handle is ntlbornkiller.
Old 08-01-13, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
If you have here gymnastics outfit from whacking day, I think that has an 8 hour.
Only if you have Lugash's gym, which is a premium item.
Old 08-01-13, 02:00 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by JasonF
Does anybody have a list of which characters have Krustyland tasks? It's kind of a pain to have a character finish a task in one area, then I have to load up the other area to set them to work. Or does every character have stuff to do in Krustyland?

All in all, I'm not sure how I feel about this update. As someone else said, it seems like we've now got two separate games going on simultaneously. They really need to cut down on the load times switching between Springfield and Krustyland, and they really need to give us better tools for tracking the characters (like someone suggetsed, maybe a tab showing all the characters, whether they are busy, when they will free up, etc.). And I should be able to see all of an idle character's potential tasks at once instead of needing to switch between Springfield and Krustyland to fiugure out whether I want Homer playing ring toss or eating Krustyburgers.
That would be nice. I still say they should build in a feature that lets you put all available characters on x hour task. With the number of characters now available, I find that once in a while I miss a character when I'm putting them all on a task.
Old 08-01-13, 02:32 PM

I logged in my game today and it went directly to KrustyLand. Then it showed me that is spotted Sideshow Bob. I was able to find him but when I clicked on him the game crashed. I was wondering if I was going to get Krusty tickets but couldn't due to the crash. If anyone gets to click on Sideshow Bob in KrustyLand and get tickets let us know!
Old 08-01-13, 03:12 PM
Suspended

As long as I'm wishing for stuff (because I'm sure the developers are monitoring this thread), it sure would be great if I could visit a friend's Krustyland without having to track down where they placed that damned bus.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.