Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Simpsons: Tapped Out

No updates on my android devices yet, just like the last update, IOS got it first. Priviledged fucks
Old 07-25-13, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, I'm not too bent up about it, but I like to start things sooner than later in order to make progress. Unfortunately, Bart is available but Gramps is on schedule with the current Wolfcastle quest so I'll have to wait a few more hours to get this going.
As it turns out, that was the final leg of Wolfcastle so now I'm working on Bart and Gramps.

Originally Posted by Toddarino
Kinda bummed that Kamp Krusty is a pretty expensive premium item. I'm willing to spend donuts on a building that comes with an additional character, but not just a skin for an existing one.
I have not yet purchased a building but I agree I'd favor the ones with characters attached. Lincoln was going to be my first. Oh well, there are many others out there.
Old 07-25-13, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
No updates on my android devices yet, just like the last update, IOS got it first. Priviledged fucks
It's an in game update, not a store update, those are usually nearly simultaneous.
Old 07-25-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
It's an in game update, not a store update, those are usually nearly simultaneous.
Same story last time. A bunch of people got the update, i got it about 6 hours later. Now that I think of it, I think it was mission related, so I have guys stuck on a mission so no update until they are done?
Old 07-25-13, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
Sorry.. misunderstood.. I think it was in the build menu with all the buildings and should have been marked as new. At least it was in my game.

Did you buy it during the Valentine event earlier this year? Maybe thats why you don't see it?

**EDIT** you have to get an update first. You may have not gotten that. Not sure.
Very strange. I did get the update and updated it. I started to build the mental hospital. I see Camp Krusty. I still don't see Sir Putts. I'll give it more time...
Old 07-25-13, 02:45 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gooter
Very strange. I did get the update and updated it. I started to build the mental hospital. I see Camp Krusty. I still don't see Sir Putts. I'll give it more time...
The only other thing I can think of is that you need Lisa free.. or you aren't the right level. If she is on a task, she can't start the Rodd & Todd story line. Once it starts, you are prompted to build Sir Putts-a-Lot.. You have to be level 32 I believe as well.. Maybe that's why it doesn't show?

Just grasping at straws...
Old 07-25-13, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Canis Firebrand
The only other thing I can think of is that you need Lisa free.. or you aren't the right level. If she is on a task, she can't start the Rodd & Todd story line. Once it starts, you are prompted to build Sir Putts-a-Lot.. You have to be level 32 I believe as well.. Maybe that's why it doesn't show?

Just grasping at straws...
That may be it. I'm max level but all my chars are on tasks now. So, maybe it is quest triggered.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-25-13, 03:03 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

That's probably it then. When I got the in-game update, I had Lisa on a task already. Luckily it was one where she was in a home. I just put the home in my storage box and that freed up Lisa and I got the prompt to start the story line and build the mini golf course moments after. Then I put the house back in place so it was there again.
Old 07-25-13, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoby Ellsbury
i got my update on my galaxy s3 this morning and already have the 2 buildings being built.
Old 07-25-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm a god damn IDIOT!

I already had built Sir Putts Alot. DOH!!

My town is such a cluster-f**k that I didn't see it when I was looking for it earlier. I really need to organize it better.
Old 07-25-13, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
i got my update on my galaxy s3 this morning and already have the 2 buildings being built.
Hmm, I check in hourly just about and it just updated 2 minutes ago with the Kamp Bart Prologue. Still have to wait for Lisa to finish for the other stuff.

Leveled up, bought the mental hospital and some monkey bars
Old 07-25-13, 03:28 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Sweet.. Finally won a dog race after about 30 bets. Good timing too since my money was low after building Sir Putt-a-Lots.
Old 07-25-13, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's a sad statement that I got excited to see Cletus digging through a dumpster other than the one that was right next to his farm.

Building boardwalk tiles has become nearly as routine as growing triffids.

Originally Posted by Gooter
I'm a god damn IDIOT!

I already had built Sir Putts Alot. DOH!!

My town is such a cluster-f**k that I didn't see it when I was looking for it earlier. I really need to organize it better.
I hadn't realized until you said this that I or any number of us could have gone into your town and taken a look for the mini golf. As someone who visits regularly, I vote thumbs up for your organizing your town better.
Old 07-25-13, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Looks like all we get is some Left Handed car display which doesn't make sense to me, and an expensive Mental Health building.
How does someone with the name discostu not recognize these items?
Old 07-25-13, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I haven't really watched much of the show in quite a few seasons. I'll see an episode or two maybe, but it's been about 6-8 years. American Dad and Archer became my go-to animated shows. I'm assuming the car is something about Flanders.
Old 07-25-13, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by discostu1337
I haven't really watched much of the show in quite a few seasons. I'll see an episode or two maybe, but it's been about 6-8 years. American Dad and Archer became my go-to animated shows. I'm assuming the car is something about Flanders.
Calmwood Mental Hospital is from Season 8, when Ned has a nervous breakdown. The left-handed car is from Season 3, when Ned opened the Leftorium, a store catering exclusively to left-handed people (the store almost went out of business, but was saved when Mr. Burns bought the left-handed roadster).
Old 07-25-13, 10:45 PM

I recall the Leftorium episode, just not the car I guess.
Old 07-26-13, 08:29 AM

Maybe we need a Springfield mall for the Leftorium. Don't know how we'd see all the stores though.my consumerism rating is the lowest at 1.5 stars.
Old 07-26-13, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The consumerism rating was lowered after the Squidport update. If you haven't completed all the Squidport stores that may be.
Old 07-29-13, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I am playing and have added many of you and will add more as I have time. My user name is the same.
Old 07-29-13, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

there seems to be lack of female characters. I hope we see updates soon with some female characters that are recurring from the show:
I want crazy cat lady.
I want a DMV building with Patty and or Selma.
Judge Constance Harm
Manjula
Lunch Lady Doris
Sherri and Terri
Old 07-29-13, 11:55 PM

Received 1,930 Likes on 1,139 Posts

Rainier Wolfcastle has decided to "Go in for a Closer Inspection his Laces" for 36 hours. That animation is priceless!
Old 07-29-13, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Yeah I love that one.
Old 07-30-13, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by story
Rainier Wolfcastle has decided to "Go in for a Closer Inspection his Laces" for 36 hours. That animation is priceless!
Good thing, since you get to enjoy it for a long time.

I have a real hankering to spend some donuts. Just not sure what to buy, and I don't have quite enough for the buildings with characters attached. I keep trying the glitch in hopes of getting a good score but to no avail.
Old 07-30-13, 08:26 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Last night, Bart was playing paintball in the same house where Louie was performing a hit. I hope he didn't see anything he wasn't supposed to!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.