yeah but can you dance in Warframe?!
Old 12-01-14, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Originally Posted by musick
yeah but can you dance in Warframe?!
In a manner...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LeRSfTarDyg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-01-14, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ewwww, silly hunter ballerina dance
Old 12-01-14, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, I just started downloading the new update.

Looks like this one is focused on the promised buffs to Exotics.

From a tweet:

Destiny Update inbound. Exotics are coming off the workbench. Estimated time of arrival is before 11AM Pacific.

Pictured:

Super Good Advice
Red Death
Pocket Infinity
Thorn
Suros Regime
Vex Mythoclast
Bad Juju

Man, with the Suros there, I hope it's not a nerf as well.

OK, the patch notes are out, and there's lots of bad news.

https://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Upd...News?aid=12433

The biggest change comes to those of us who have been cheesing the Templar. Say goodbye to that. They finally fixed that. So we're all going to have to relearn how to actually defeat the Templar. Damn. I knew I should have went for Flawless Raider sooner. That just became much harder to pull off.

They did fix Atheon not teleporting 3 people, so that's a positive.

Also, the Suros was indeed Nerfed. The glass half full perk has been brought in line with lengendaries that had the same perk. The Suros used to have a much better version of it.

Last edited by TheKing; 12-01-14 at 12:32 PM.
Old 12-01-14, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK, the changes just got pushed over to the actual game.

Exotics no longer use Ascendant Shards or Energy. When you get to the last row of upgrades, the first two only require Glimmer and planetary material. The last one requires a new item, called an Exotic shard. You get these from breaking down Exotic gear, or from Xur for 7 strange coins.

And I just got my first Mote Of Light since the upgrade, and the Grimoire card for it unlocked! So they fixed that.

You can now buy planetary materials. for 10 Vanguard or Crucible Marks, you can buy 20 Spinmetal, Helium, Spirit Bloom or Relic Iron. Or of course you can farm...but hey, it's something to spend those marks on...

Last edited by TheKing; 12-01-14 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-01-14, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
The biggest change comes to those of us who have been cheesing the Templar. Say goodbye to that. They finally fixed that. So we're all going to have to relearn how to actually defeat the Templar. Damn. I knew I should have went for Flawless Raider sooner. That just became much harder to pull off.
So, what is the non-cheese way to beat the Templar? LOL

What about the Oracle stage? Can we still go to that ledge?
Old 12-01-14, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's really not that hard to beat the Templar legit. If you know how to prevent him from teleporting, he just sits in one location and you can fire away at him. As long as his teleport is blocked, he will never move, nor will he summon oracles after his shield is initially brought down. The only tricky part is he summons minotaurs each time his teleport is prevented.

There's a group of guys that stream on Twitch all the time. All they do is take new people through the raid, deliberately doing every part slow and methodical, teaching players how to do each section the proper way. They also make sure the "noobs" are holding the relic(s) so that they are not just being carried through it. It's pretty interesting to watch since most people are perfectly content just cheesing through the entire thing. I give them huge props for their patience with all the mistakes that inevitably happen, and they do an amazing job of explaining every little detail of the raid.

But I agree, flawless raider trophy just got a lot tougher (as if it wasn't already hard enough)... and the hard raid will definitely be more challenging now.
Old 12-01-14, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

changes thoughts

Suros nerf sucks but it has not been my go to primary other than Cruible since getting the Fatebringer and VOC so not huge
will have to see about the buffs but I don't see me using many of the buffed weapons as a go to

don't mind the Templar change other than it will take more time/patience and I guess you miss a chest if he teleports, yes?

re: Exotics no longer using shards/energy .... I really wish they would give us this info in advance of a sudden change .... so are any of the shards/energy we are currently holding useless other than on legendaries/raid gear?!

I like the idea of using marks for mats .... I have too many unused marks because I am sick of just accumulating weapons/armor I won't use
Old 12-01-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can now buy planetary materials. for 10 Vanguard or Crucible Marks, you can buy 20 Spinmetal, Helium, Spirit Bloom or Relic Iron. Or of course you can farm...but hey, it's something to spend those marks on...
They also removed trading material for marks. So now I have no way of getting crucible marks, as I don't do PvP. Really wish they would give us some credit for exotics that were broken down before this patch, due to lack of space
Old 12-01-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just logged in after the patch...

The marks for materials is a HUGE plus for me. I had 200 marks on each of my characters, and a ton of legendary weapons that were missing the last row of upgrades because of lack of material. I just maxed out 5 weapons in 10 seconds that probably would've taken me 5 hours to farm all the materials for

I had so many upgrades waiting that I have no glimmer left. That's a first for me.
Old 12-01-14, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
we throw snowballs at him instead of grenades
Old 12-01-14, 02:32 PM

What about the Oracle stage? Can we still go to that ledge?
Everyone but one person stays up top to shoot adds/oracles/templar, Relic holder hides in the cave, comes out pops the shield. Every one else takes the templar down from the spawn point.
Old 12-01-14, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Everyone but one person stays up top to shoot adds/oracles/templar, Relic holder hides in the cave, comes out pops the shield. Every one else takes the templar down from the spawn point.
That wouldn't work for the Templar, all the guys that stay up top would get marked by oracles and the relic holder wouldn't be able to cleanse.
Old 12-01-14, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by 19K
That wouldn't work for the Templar, all the guys that stay up top would get marked by oracles and the relic holder wouldn't be able to cleanse.
Not if you destroy them.
Old 12-01-14, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know how many people have not beaten the Templar legit, but if you're serious...

This is how:

At the start the relic holder has to build up a super. After he does, he shoots it at the Templar to break his shield. Only after his shield is broken can the Templar begin to take damage. After a certain amount of time passes, the Templar will attempt to teleport. This is indicated by a beam of light with a red ring around it. To prevent the Templar from teleporting, one player has to jump in the red ring and turn it white (similar to the sync plate section). If you do this successfully, he won't teleport and you can continue to shot at him until he attempts another teleport to a different location. If you don't stop him from teleporting, he moves to the other location and regains his shield, and you have to build up the relic super again and essentially start the whole process over (don't worry, he doesn't regain health).

Generally there's only two places he teleports to, so as long as you split up your fireteam into the correct spots, you can prevent him from teleporting. Also if he doesn't teleport, he won't get his shield back, so the relic holder can just focus on running around taking out the harpies and minotaurs that spawn. I'm pretty sure the oracles only spawn while his shield is up, so you really only have to destroy the oracles at the very start while waiting for the relic holder to build up his initial super. After you knock his shield down the first time and successfully prevent him from teleporting, you won't have to worry about getting marked by oracles. And he also remains in the same spot the entire time. Sounds simple enough, but the hard part is not dying while standing in the teleport location because the Templar focuses his attention there when you get in the ring and it doesn't take many hits from him to kill you.
Old 12-01-14, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes Meat, was being serious. I think we tried to beat him legit once and then just proceeded with the cheese every time since then. Thanks for the write-up.
Old 12-01-14, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He's definitely serious

The first time I took most of these guys through the Raid, as gooter said, we tried the Oracles legit and failed at the very end. Then we tried the Templar legit and that went even worse. Once I told them about the bonus chest you get when cheesing him the message was "why didn't you say that to begin with?!?"

So after that we cheesed the Templar, and every other time the group here has done it, it's been that way.

I've done it the normal way, and I know you and chess have. But for everyone else, it's uncharted territory.
Old 12-01-14, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Honestly, I haven't done it the legit way since my first couple attempts. It's much more efficient to just push him off the back. But I figured some of the guys that have only just been doing the raid for the past month or so only have ever done the cheese method.

No worries. I hope the write-up helped, although you never really know how it's supposed to work until you actually do it.
Old 12-01-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah, some of us did it the semi legit way when we first started raiding

would jump up on one of the towers the Hobgoblins snipe from and would hide out of site
relic holder would clense us behind the wall and we would all come out after the relic bearer lowered the Templar's shield and would lay into him
Old 12-01-14, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Me007gold
Have you actually done this method? I'll admit, it seems like it could work if you're able to shoot the oracles and not get marked. Does the Templar shoot at the guys up top? Can you still hit him after he teleports?

What happens if you mess up and have to respawn? I thought everyone spawned down below once the Templar checkpoint has been reached.

I'm just curious. I've never heard of anyone using this method. Seems like it would've been attempted since everyone is usually already up there for the oracle bit.
Old 12-01-14, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by 19K
Have you actually done this method? I'll admit, it seems like it could work if you're able to shoot the oracles and not get marked. Does the Templar shoot at the guys up top? Can you still hit him after he teleports?

What happens if you mess up and have to respawn? I thought everyone spawned down below once the Templar checkpoint has been reached.

I'm just curious. I've never heard of anyone using this method. Seems like it would've been attempted since everyone is usually already up there for the oracle bit.
Not sure how well it work, It was posted on another board. It sounds like it should work.
Old 12-01-14, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just noticed you no longer get a reward from the postmaster for completing your first public event of the day. Didn't see that mentioned in the patch notes. Not sure if that was an intended change or not since they changed some of the rewards for certain missions.

Well, I guess I can knock "doing at least one public event" off my daily to-do list.
Old 12-01-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
I just noticed you no longer get a reward from the postmaster for completing your first public event of the day. Didn't see that mentioned in the patch notes. Not sure if that was an intended change or not since they changed some of the rewards for certain missions.

Well, I guess I can knock "doing at least one public event" off my daily to-do list.
sometimes there is a delay in them showing up
not sure if that is the issue or if it was patched .... hope it is just a delay
Old 12-01-14, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It looks like now you get a Mote Of Light instead of the care package.
Old 12-01-14, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It looks like now you get a Mote Of Light instead of the care package.
yeah, that happened to me yesterday (pre-patch) on one of my characters

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.