Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 09-25-14, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Loot cave gone, expect GameStop to be flooded with used copies. Mine will join them shortly!
Yeah, with that guaranteed trade in value going to the 8th, I imagine there will be a ton of used copies in store by then. Mine will be one as well.

If I knew at release date what I know now I would have waited about 12 months to pick this up at a cheaper price and evaluate if it would even be worth it depending on the free content they add over the next year or so. I guess my positive spin with the guaranteed half your money back by the 8th is I got this for a decent used price anyway. I hate to see what the trade in prices will drop to after the 8th.
Old 09-25-14, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,199 Likes on 923 Posts

Glad they patched that shit up. Be a real a gamer instead of some chicken shit cheater.
Old 09-25-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Glad they patched that shit up. Be a real a gamer instead of some chicken shit cheater.
Farming in a loot game isn't cheating, regardless of how you feel about it.
Old 09-25-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Ended up shipping mine off to Amazon and already ordered Diablo III with the credit. That's more my speed. COD will satisfy my shooter craving.
Old 09-25-14, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
The cave was about the only fun I have had with the game recently. Now that it is gone the game will likely end up in its case and forgotten about.
I agree, I actually had more fun at that cave than at any other spot in the game.

It also (indirectly, obviously) addressed one of the major issues with the game; infrequent loot drops - farming at the cave gave you loot, which made the game more fun. Now with less loot, less fun. Is it Bungie being the idiot assholes here, or are their hands being tied by Activision, forcing them to sell DLC.
Old 09-25-14, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Obey The D
Farming in a loot game isn't cheating, regardless of how you feel about it.
Whatever it's called it's super lame. Is this what gaming has become? Farming? That ain't skill.
Old 09-25-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every time I start doing well in the crucible I get disconnected.
Old 09-25-14, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever it's called it's super lame. Is this what gaming has become? Farming? That ain't skill.
Loot drops in this game are 100% luck-based, even more so now. There is absolutely no "skill" involved whatsoever. You can go AFK in a PVP match and have exactly the same chance of getting legendary or exotic gear at the end as the #1 player who carries the team.

Also, I hope you realize that trying to tell others what defines a "real gamer" makes you look ridiculous.
Old 09-25-14, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You're being silly. That spot, farming or not, was straight up more fun than the rest of the game - especially when all hell would break loose. I preferred that spot to anywhere else in the game, and each time I went, it had less and less to do with farming. Getting more loot out of it was just a bonus, which also happened to make the game more fun. How would you feel if they patched the game so as you get half the loot you do now? That's pretty much what they did.
Old 09-25-14, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, I hope you realize that trying to tell others what defines a "real gamer" makes you look ridiculous.
What's even more ridiculous is when gamers say that they're through, because some farming glitch got patched. Waaaaaaah! I'm gonna go trade my game now, waaaaaah!

See? Same shit, different drink.
Old 09-25-14, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not really. The loot system in this game is busted. Reviewers and the vast majority of players agree with this. Bungie doesn't, so instead of patching the reason why people were farming the loot cave, they just patched the cave.
Old 09-25-14, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What's even more ridiculous is when gamers say that they're through, because some farming glitch got patched. Waaaaaaah! I'm gonna go trade my game now, waaaaaah!
You're right, I should be happy when they take the thing in the game that I was having the most fun with...
Old 09-25-14, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad they killed The Cave. Now the temptation is gone! Unfortunately for them, now that means I have even less desire to play the game.
Old 09-25-14, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Also, getting rid of the cave farming kinda shows that they're not very confident about the longevity of the game. If they had to get rid of some farming (which honestly, while easy, wasn't really that quick), it just means they don't have much loot to go around. I think I had much cooler loot in 2 hours of Borderlands than in 20 hours of this slog-fest, and that's including cave-farming.
Old 09-25-14, 03:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Also, getting rid of the cave farming kinda shows that they're not very confident about the longevity of the game.
I don't think the two are necessarily connected. World of Warcraft shuts this sort of thing down all the time, and they've been around ten years.

Also, I don't think it's a big deal if all the "Cave Dwellers" quit the game since they weren't part of the community anyway.
Old 09-25-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nerfing the rewards from the Queen's event also completely takes away any reason to do any of those bounties or missions. Why would anyone do them now? To get multiple copies of the same helmet that you can't even break down into materials?

Bungie doesn't even seem to understand what they want out of this game's loot system.
Old 09-25-14, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here's the specifics on the new patch:

Summary
In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.

Activities

Missions
Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]

Queen's Wrath Event
Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items

World

Destinations
The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
So there's no point in doing Queen stuff anymore if you're over level 24?
Old 09-25-14, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't think the two are necessarily connected. World of Warcraft shuts this sort of thing down all the time, and they've been around ten years.

Also, I don't think it's a big deal if all the "Cave Dwellers" quit the game since they weren't part of the community anyway.
No, unlike WoW, I think Bungie was just embarrassed by it, as it's popularity revealed how broken the rest of the game really is.
Old 09-25-14, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

AMEN!!!...How can anyone even associate "Farming" with just standing and shooting a cave for hours is beyond me.....stand in one place, aim, pull trigger, run get stuff, run back, repeat cycle. I couldn't imagine standing in one place for an hour or two in Diablo just smashing buttons beating stuff up. If the "Cave' was pretty much the whole game then they should've traded the game in the first week and moved on.

I just wish they offer more either in drops, chests or maybe some of the stuff like milestones with so many enemies killed by grenade, certain gun or melee. I've got Blue and Coins from chests but it takes awhile to hit the caves and look and not all has something.
Old 09-25-14, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The problem really isn't that they patched that exploit. I don't think anyone didn't see that coming. But you don't fix something without realizing why players are doing that instead of playing your game, and then proceeding to take no action to redeem that, which goes to the core problem with the game.

Maybe they'll fix that in a month or two, who knows.
Old 09-25-14, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101
You're right, I should be happy when they take the thing in the game that I was having the most fun with...
Really?

Old 09-25-14, 04:30 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Even if loot drops were great running missions, people still would have gone to the cave because it's easier. Never underestimate the path of least resistence.
Old 09-25-14, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Reading some of the notes Bungie put out on some of the weapon types....good & bad news...

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...hat-cryptarch/

Auto Rifles
The Auto Rifle archetype is designed to appeal to players who like to throw up a wall of bullets and not worry if a few miss their target. It is intended to inflict sustained damage at close to medium range, but to lose effectiveness at longer ranges.

Today the Auto Rifle is too effective at long range, even beating Scout and Pulse Rifles in some circumstances. Expect stability and/or damage adjustments to the Auto Rifle to address this in the weeks ahead.

Scout Rifles
Scout Rifles are for players who like to keep their enemies at medium range and hate to miss. They are intended to be an awkward weapon to use at close range but to be dominant– as long as you land your shots– at medium and longer ranges.

Scouts just aren’t hitting hard enough today when compared to other precision weapons. We’ll be addressing this soon.

Shotguns
Shotguns are for those situations where you need to deliver a massive spike of damage, right now, to the thing standing next to you about to do you harm.

Today shotguns are effective beyond their intended range, especially when upgraded with that intention. Expect changes soon to address shotguns which push the envelope of what it means to be close quarters.

I use the Scout Rifle the most and they're right...they are not hitting hard enough based on the stats compared to the Pulse and Auto. They need to increase the Pulse Impact about 10-12%, maybe reduce the range on the Auto just a tad and increase the damage on the Scout. If they're going to reduce the range on the Shotgun then increase damage/impact up close.
Old 09-25-14, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Even if loot drops were great running missions, people still would have gone to the cave because it's easier. Never underestimate the path of least resistence.
Electricity never does!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.