Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bungie - Destiny

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Bungie - Destiny

Just saw you get materials for the planet you are on as reward for doing the daily
didn't see that mentioned above unless I missed it
Old 12-01-14, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick
Just saw you get materials for the planet you are on as reward for doing the daily
didn't see that mentioned above unless I missed it
You also get 10 materials on completing any of the planet Patrol bounties
Old 12-01-14, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

also only the last slot being upgraded requires an exotic shard not the last 2/3 slots
Old 12-01-14, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

full patch notes

1.1 : The one about Exotics. And the Raid!

Today's patch includes the long-awaited arrival of Exotics weapon buffs, additional acquisition paths for destination upgrade materials, along with additional changes to exotic gear node upgrading in preparation for the soon-to-be-released expansion, The Dark Below. We're also correcting issues induced by our more recent update to the Raid.

Weapons
Exotics
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!

General
In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade

The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard

Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
Dismantling unwanted Exotics
Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins

Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Thorn
Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
Reload Speed increased
Magazine Size increased
Ammo inventory size increased
Stability and Weapon Handling increased

Bad Juju
Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
Ammo inventory size increased
String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle

Hard Light
Stability increased
Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)

Suros Regime
Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles

Monte Carlo
Stability increased
Range slightly decreased
Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill

MIDA Multi-Tool
MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP

Hawkmoon
Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload

Red Death
Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

Plan C
Weapon Handling speed increased
Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand

Pocket Infinity
Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)

Vex Mythoclast
Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)

Invective
Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower

Ice Breaker
Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade

Patience and Time
Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)

Super Good Advice
Stability increased

Truth
Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities
Raid
Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform

Daily Heroic Story
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

Bounties
Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

Vendors
Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams

Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower

Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical
Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate
Old 12-01-14, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

So no more Daily rewards for the Public Events? And what about the Energy & Shards you have now...what are they used for?
Old 12-01-14, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by K&AJones
So no more Daily rewards for the Public Events? And what about the Energy & Shards you have now...what are they used for?
It looks like you are only guaranteed a Mote of Light for completing your first Public event, which is given to you right away. You still have the random drop chance to get Ascendant Energy or Shard. The only thing that shards and energies can be used for now is upgrading Legendary weapons and armour.
Old 12-01-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, for the 'Thorn' I would've been happy with either a bigger magazine OR a faster reload and they ended up giving it BOTH. And if you use it with the Hunter's Chain of Woe reload perk, that thing is an absolute monster. I'm so glad I hung on to it all this time.
Old 12-01-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ already have it also but got the exotic bounty again for it, Pocket Infinity or Bad Juju (both which I have as well) ... was going to delete the bounty pre buff but decided with the extra bounty space to just keep it .... may actually do one of the bounties again now
Old 12-02-14, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Doing my first Raid of the week, and yeah, the Templar is a bitch on hard.

We got it after like 5 tries, almost had it on the 4th, but Enrage is horrible.

That being said, I got the Praetorian Foil, completing my Raid set. Also got a set of Gloves that'll be scrapped. We're going to the gatekeepers now, so we'll see what I get from there.

Boy, doing the Templar makes the end seem...well almost easy. Of course that's what happens when you get the Gatekeepers and Atheon on the first try. I got a second Raid helmet for my Warlock, which is a nice companion for my other one.

Got my 2nd Last Word from the Nightfall.

Last edited by TheKing; 12-02-14 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-02-14, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ already have it also but got the exotic bounty again for it, Pocket Infinity or Bad Juju (both which I have as well) ... was going to delete the bounty pre buff but decided with the extra bounty space to just keep it .... may actually do one of the bounties again now
I used to just delete the exotic bounties whenever they popped up since I already had all the weapons, but I agree that I might do them again now since breaking down exotics gives you that new exotic upgrade piece. I just started the bounty for Invective last night. That was one of the easier ones, IMO. I'm just not looking forward to the crucible play, ugh.
Old 12-02-14, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I finally got Ice Breaker!!! Started the NF solo, got to prime, two guys joined me, and I got Ice Breaker. The only exotic I wanted that I didn't have.
Old 12-02-14, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And they continue to make the game worse rather than fixing the fundamental flaw in its design.

Rather that patching out cheese methods every update, how about putting that effort into balancing the enemies so that cheesing isn't the only realistic way to get through the game's content? People only really seek out cheese spots because they have to, and it's incredibly stupid game design.

Destiny is now a weekly game for me. Raids and Weeklies, and that's it, and I really doubt I'll buy any content beyond the two "expansions" I've already paid for.

Ran two nightfalls. Got a second Truth and some random legendary pulse rifle. I think it was called "Two Ascendent Energy".
Old 12-02-14, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chess...you pretty much nailed it...balancing the enemies so that cheesing isn't the only realistic way to get through the game's content

I think that's the thorn in everyone's side along with a few other quirks about the game. I like it no doubt but in some cases the only way thru some parts is "Cheesing"....and the game is not nor should be geared to finding exploits to beat levels or bosses. But it just not that, it's the "Reward" or in most cases lack of after dealing with and spending time on doing it. I know of some that even after 8-10+ Raids still haven't landed their first Raid Armor...so what's the purpose? And even if you land some Legendary Armor from the Craptarch why bother leveling that up when it doesn't get you to Level 30
Old 12-02-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chess
People only really seek out cheese spots because they have to, and it's incredibly stupid game design.
I disagree. I think most people were using the cheese spots because they are bored of spending the extra time running the raid the regular method. The same way, as when you run a strike now, you just skip all the non-essential enemies. In my opinion, running the templar the regular way on normal is not overly difficult.
Old 12-02-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FWIW...the Sony Exclusive Exotic Weapon for the Dark Below DLC....

Old 12-02-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chase3001
I disagree. I think most people were using the cheese spots because they are bored of spending the extra time running the raid the regular method. The same way, as when you run a strike now, you just skip all the non-essential enemies. In my opinion, running the templar the regular way on normal is not overly difficult.
And you've run a bunch of hard raids? I find that even with 4-5 level 30s, there are parts that can be incredibly painful.

And honestly, I have even more of a beef with the Nightfalls. This week's Nightfall is incredibly easy, but some of them like Mars and the Moon, I don't know how you'd beat without cheesing.
Old 12-02-14, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I can understand that argument chess. Agree with it to a certain extent. But at the same time, people are lazy

The Templar was a bitch in that first Raid. But that was mainly because the 6 of us hadn't done it legit in weeks. I blew myself up when I forgot about the containment shield. Doh! We let the cheese method become the standard method because it's quick, easy and you get that extra chest.

When we did the Templar on the second and third hard runs, we got him on the first try. So we failed 4 times straight, then succeeded the next 3. You do need to have two talented players go down and grab the relic and take care of the hardest to see Oracle, but the rest can stay up and snipe and shoot rockets.
Old 12-02-14, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so I gather the Nightfall is Earth (Sepiks) this week again?
Old 12-02-14, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chase3001
You also get 10 materials on completing any of the planet Patrol bounties
Is that per patrol bounty or only for the first one of the day similar to completing the first PE?
Old 12-02-14, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Is that per patrol bounty or only for the first one of the day similar to completing the first PE?
per bounty (mats will be specific to the planet you are on .... ie Earth bounty yields Spinmetal reward, Venus bounty yields Spirit Bloom reward, etc) .... there wouldn't be multiple patrol bounties for the same planet in the same day
Old 12-02-14, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

per bounty (mats will be specific to the planet you are on .... ie Earth bounty yields Spinmetal reward, Venus bounty yields Spirit Bloom reward, etc) .... there wouldn't be multiple patrol bounties for the same planet in the same day
Doh! You are referring to the patrol bounties (e.g., complete 6 patrol missions on Venus). I thought it meant patrol missions (even tho I referred to it as bounty in my post ).
Old 12-02-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Gooter
Doh! You are referring to the patrol bounties (e.g., complete 6 patrol missions on Venus). I thought it meant patrol missions (even tho I referred to it as bounty in my post ).
yep, bounties
I thought you might have been getting the 2 (bounties/patrols) confused but like you said you did refer to it as a bounty in your post
Old 12-02-14, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chess
And you've run a bunch of hard raids? I find that even with 4-5 level 30s, there are parts that can be incredibly painful.
I was referring to running it on normal. On hard, all bets are off.
Old 12-02-14, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It is the Nexus strike with solar burn.
Old 12-02-14, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Nope.

The Nexus.

Epic
Lightswitch
Angry
Solar Burn
Nightfall

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.