Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Skylanders, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Re: Skylanders, Anyone?

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
Thanks to zoolerts and their text messaging option, my iPhone, and Amazon 1-Click coupled with Prime, I scored the Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook pack for $19.99 and will have it Friday!!!
So you're the one I missed it be milliseconds three times today. Saw the text come in, clicked on the link and it was already gone. That happened the first time around too when I was finding everything. Eventually I got it all.
Old 03-28-12, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Missed twice as well despite being right at the keyboard. Fortunately I hit the mother lode at Wal-Mart a few minutes ago:

Old 03-28-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Missed twice as well despite being right at the keyboard. Fortunately I hit the mother lode at Wal-Mart a few minutes ago:

I bet that's probably the display the lady at Walmart was telling me about, the figures are supposed to be in the April 1 ad. Is it all singles, and Wii games?
Old 03-28-12, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

On that display, yes. They had more singles and triples in the normal area with the portal display.

Needless to say, I got Zook & L.Rod. I almost checked out with Boomer since they look so similar.
Old 03-28-12, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Wow...that's a find. I don't know what I'd do with that many in front of me!

However, just managed to get the triple pack on Amazon for $19.99 a few seconds ago. Zoolerts!
Old 03-28-12, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Oh, and as dsa_shea said, you can see a solo Ignitor in the front as well.

Damn, I was so excited to find the two new ones, I didn't even think to look for a gold/silver one.
Old 03-28-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Did you buy the whole lot and prep for an Ebay fire sale?
Old 03-29-12, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nope. Left them for, hopefully, a mom and kids to find.
Old 03-29-12, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Nope. Left them for, hopefully, a mom and kids to find.
You're an awesome dude! I'm not sure how I would react and what I would say if I catch one of the scalpers in the act.
Old 03-29-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Wal-Mart tip - was able to grab an Ignitor today, which is the last one I needed from this round of new figures (was lucky enough to snag the Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook pack off of Amazon yesterday, got the Dragon's Peak set a few days ago at TRU). This Wal-Mart didn't bother with the nice display, they just put all the singles they got in wherever there was room on any shelf within the video game department.
Old 03-29-12, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Looks like another trip to WM is in order. I didn't see Ignitor *but* if they get that same display I should be able to score one. At least there are 2 stores in town so the odds are a bit better.
Old 03-29-12, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My trip to wm was not a total bust. They didn't have the display above but I did find a Whirlwind single.
Old 03-29-12, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Ugh, I went to Wal Mart too late. All the 3-packs were gone. I picked up Double Trouble and Cynder so I would have something for my son when my Dad comes to town to give him, but I really wanted that three pack.

I checked on Amazon to see if that new three character pack was available. It wasn't. A search on their site for Zook lead to about 15 overpriced Skylanders from third-party merchants on page one and then, at the bottom of the page, this --
Spoiler:
Old 03-29-12, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My local Wal-Mart had a few figures on the shelf so I snagged Ignitor, Lightning Rod and Zook. My wife has commented a few times about the fact that she would of never bought the game at Christmas if she had known it was going to end up being this expensive. I see her point a bit but my son absolutely loves these toys even when we aren't playing the game. He's very good about putting them back in the case we have and keeping them in the living room. It's certainly teaching him a bit about being careful with his toys which is a lesson he desperately needs. Just before posting this I fell twice in the living room in the dark thanks to dark colored toys on a dark area rug.
Old 03-30-12, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I gave the kids Stealth Elf today. You would have thought it was Christmas! They were dancing around the room with cries of "Stealth Elf! Stealth Elf!".

She's a *very* powerful character! My grand son was able to easily beat levels with her with minimal upgrades that he has trouble with using other characters that are fully upgraded.
Old 03-30-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Stealth Elf is a beast fully leveled. I've done 25 or so of the challenges with her as well. Her speed is sitting at 98/100 without any hats.

Out of the 8-10 we've fully leveled, I'd say she and VooDood are the most powerful.
Old 03-30-12, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found the 3 pack with Boomer/Prism Break/Voodood today but I already had a Boomer so I bought the 3 pack and swapped out Boomer for another figure without a receipt at Wal-Mart today.

Every single store I visited today while running errrands was overflowing with figures. There were people at every location with a load a figures in hand and a cellphone to their ear trying to make sure they were getting the correct one. I'm sure the figure dry spell we had caused customers and retailers to get a little upset but there is no question that these damn toys will be a big damn deal for some time.

Thank god I only have to get the Dragon's Peak set and 4 other figures in order to be done with all this madness....until the next game comes out.
Old 03-31-12, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My joy from being "lucky" enough to snag a Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook triple-pack from Amazon lasted just 2 days until today when I opened the box only to find Boomer/Prism Break/Voodood staring up at me. Dammit, Amazon - of all times to send me the wrong thing. And of course, the only option they are offering is just return it, since they are out of stock. It would be nice if they could put me in a queue where I get one sent as soon as they get more in, but that's not an option. And of course I saw plenty of Zook and Lightning Rod at Wal-Mart when I grabbed Ignito the other day, but I passed on them because I had the triple-pack on it's way. I should have just hoarded like most people. I went back to WM today, but of course the new figures were long gone. Hopefully I can get them before the weekend as they were gonna be an Easter gift to my boys.
Old 04-02-12, 03:22 PM
Cool New Member

Hello all,

What do you guys think of my skylanders collection? I am hooked and spent a lot of money trying to get as many as I can. I'm in the UK and some of the characters are not released here yet. Anyhow see what you think. I've created a collection and its got some great viewing figures.

Also collection Dinosaur King Cards if anybody is interested.
Old 04-02-12, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Greeco
Hello all,

What do you guys think of my skylanders collection? I am hooked and spent a lot of money trying to get as many as I can. I'm in the UK and some of the characters are not released here yet. Anyhow see what you think. I've created a collection and its got some great viewing figures.

Also collection Dinosaur King Cards if anybody is interested.
I would let you know what I think about it if I could actually see it. Edit a link to your pics in your post and I will take a look. Thanks!
Old 04-02-12, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finally picked up Drill Sergeant today. Now the only figures we don't own yet are the ones that haven't been released. I pray the last few aren't hard to find when the time comes.
Old 04-03-12, 02:20 AM
Cool New Member

I would let you know what I think about it if I could actually see it. Edit a link to your pics in your post and I will take a look. Thanks!
I did try but I couldn't post a link to the image. I'll try again.

Result

'You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 30 posts or more.'

Mod Note: Posting URLs is limited to people who have been members for a while in order to reduce the amount of spam trying to get people to visit particular sites. You can post your picture on an image hosting site such as ImageShack and post the part of the URL that will allow people to cut and paste the URL into their browsers
Old 04-04-12, 05:14 AM
Cool New Member

Oh well I'll just list them for now as follows:

Trigger Happy
Stump Smash
Stealth Elf
Eruptor
FlameSlinger
Bash
Gilgrunt
Zap
Ghost Roaster
Voodoo
Hex
Dino Rang
Wrecking Ball
whirlwind
Sonic Boom
Drill Sergant
Drobot
Spyro
Prism Break
Terrafin
Chop chop
Boomer
Legendary Spyro
Legendary Bash
Legendary Chop Chop

Adventure Pack Pirate Seas
Adventure Pack Darklight Crypt

I want to get Ignitor, but have not seen him around yet other than in a Nintendo DS Starter Pack (i think).
Old 04-04-12, 05:42 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I finally have some free time today, so when the kids get out of school were opening Dragon's Peak and the new 3-pack. I can't wait to play with Lightning Rod and Sunburn.

... and this will also be the first time we play with doubles: my Metalic Cynder and Normal Cynder.
Old 04-04-12, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Because of the current prices, I broke down and ordered a Legendary Trigger Happy from an Amazon MP vendor. It was actually *less* expensive than had I ordered one from TRU. It was $15.70 shipped *and* fulfilled by Amazon so it got "free" prime shipping and if there's a problem I only have to deal with Amazon CS (which is *great*). Because of sales tax a copy from TRU would have been $.56 more. Keep in mind the closest TRU to my town is 70+ miles one way in a city I visit once every couple of years only if absolutely necessary.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.