Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-12, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts
Re: Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Mine finally showed up, it's as fun as I remember the first one being. It's definitely more difficult, and so far the enemies don't drop many weapons. A lot of enemies don't drop anything at all. I don't mind, since the first one was kind of overload there, but I do hope it picks up a bit.

I got the email for the Shift website, but I cannot connect to it for some reason.
Old 09-27-12, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
Wow, playthrough 2 is insane. Everything's improved.

Loot: The white loot I was finding at the very beginning is way better than the purple loot from the end of playthrough 1, for the most part. For that reason, I'd definitely recommend saving gold keys until the second go-around, if you plan to do one at all.

Enemies: Greater variety, smarter, tougher; it's similar to playing other games on the hardest difficulty setting. At level 33 I was getting owned pretty regularly right from the beginning. It makes the first go-around, when you could just charge in a lot of the time, seem like cake. Each enemy requires a strategy, each bit of progress through an area feels like an accomplishment, and it's essential to carry corrosive, fire, and shock weapons on you at all times. In the very first area I had shielded bandits shooting at me (with my fire weapons barely damaging their shields) while armored (!) psychos were charging me.

XP: I'll just say that the "My First Gun" mission netted over 18K and got me a significant progress from 33 to 34, and leave it at that.
Can't wait!
Old 09-27-12, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by starman9000
RE: The big event spoiler.
Spoiler:
Can you still access older side quests after that, or do you want to be sure you finish them all first?
No sidequests in the game are missable. Some of them may be temporarily listed as "Blocked" due to certain events in the main story, but they'll be available again later once you've progressed more. The only possible, unconfirmed, exception that I've seen people discussing is (not really a spoiler, but it's a sidequest after the halfway point):
Spoiler:
The one where Claptrap has you bringing down statues of Jack in Opportunity.

However, sidequests are level-locked and if you wait very long you'll find them too easy and the rewards fairly worthless.
Old 09-27-12, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,375 Likes on 936 Posts

just when I think i'm at the end of the game (i won't say what event, but there's a pretty significant one involving a character), they open up a ton more shit and side missions. this game is the game that will never end. and it's fucking awesome. i'm definitely going to open up one full side of my skill tree for my commando.
Old 09-27-12, 07:45 PM

anyone else having a hard time finding slag weapons? i want one for the "mine is mine" quest, but can't find one anywhere.
Old 09-27-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As a moderately rational person, I'm blaming this on the fact that I'm running two characters essentially parallel...

I have a co-op group that's running through together and my solo character that I play when the group isn't available, like tonight. Deep down I know it's because when I'm playing alone, I'm just retreading ground our co-op campaign has already covered, but allowing myself more time to explore and what-not.

But, damn, is it boring alone! I couldn't bring myself to play more than an hour tonight.
Old 09-28-12, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
just when I think i'm at the end of the game (i won't say what event, but there's a pretty significant one involving a character), they open up a ton more shit and side missions. this game is the game that will never end. and it's fucking awesome. i'm definitely going to open up one full side of my skill tree for my commando.
Just counted my list and there are 128 total quests in the game. Some are very short, and others are multiple parts of the same larger quest, but still...that's a lot. Only one I have left is Terramorphous.
Old 09-28-12, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
As a moderately rational person, I'm blaming this on the fact that I'm running two characters essentially parallel...

I have a co-op group that's running through together and my solo character that I play when the group isn't available, like tonight. Deep down I know it's because when I'm playing alone, I'm just retreading ground our co-op campaign has already covered, but allowing myself more time to explore and what-not.

But, damn, is it boring alone! I couldn't bring myself to play more than an hour tonight.
I feel the same (except vice versa)... I've mostly been playing one character solo. I like exploring and finding loot and knowing I'm not missing anything if one of the other players is cleaning house on the other side of the map. When I play co-op, a lot of the times I feel like i'm doing the same stuff all over again except not reaping the rewards because everyone else is snagging it. It's not as fun, especially with randoms. It's great if you have a good group and you communicate and share, but the majority of the time I end up playing co-op with people that don't do that. Co-op is fun with friends... with randoms that don't communicate, not so much.

I think for now I'll just stick with solo, and save the co-op stuff for round 2 or future playthroughs with the other characters.
Old 09-28-12, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by 19K
I feel the same (except vice versa)... I've mostly been playing one character solo. I like exploring and finding loot and knowing I'm not missing anything if one of the other players is cleaning house on the other side of the map. When I play co-op, a lot of the times I feel like i'm doing the same stuff all over again except not reaping the rewards because everyone else is snagging it. It's not as fun, especially with randoms. It's great if you have a good group and you communicate and share, but the majority of the time I end up playing co-op with people that don't do that. Co-op is fun with friends... with randoms that don't communicate, not so much.

I think for now I'll just stick with solo, and save the co-op stuff for round 2 or future playthroughs with the other characters.
They should have made it so everyone got their own loot or at least implemented a need / greed rolling system for anything blue / purple / orange. I tried a couple of multiplayer games with random people and it was just a race to see who could grab everything first.

I really wish they would make all the skin drops green. I really don't want to have to stop and jump out of my vehicle to see if the white item that dropped was a skin.
Old 09-28-12, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by 19K
It's not as fun, especially with randoms. It's great if you have a good group and you communicate and share, but the majority of the time I end up playing co-op with people that don't do that. Co-op is fun with friends... with randoms that don't communicate, not so much.
Well, this should have been obvious, though
Old 09-28-12, 08:44 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so is there really no way to do all the side quest your first run? I keep hearing you can't do Terramorphous until level 50...
Old 09-28-12, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 241 Likes on 174 Posts

Crap. I got the Do No Harm mission glitch.

Spoiler:
After you perform surgery for Dr. Zed you get a Eridium shard where you must take it to Tannis for her to examine. I done that and got the mission check out but can't find anywhere to complete the mission. Searching the web I found out a lot of players were having the same problem, you must wait for the cutscene on Tannis before talking to her. I don't think if ever show when I entered the HQ first time. I hope Gearbox fixed this with the patches. Grrrrr...
Old 09-28-12, 09:53 AM
gamer for life

I had a glitch on..major spoiler for the boss at the end of wildlife exploitation

Spoiler:
When my friend and I got to the boss at the end...you have to go through multiple phases of elements on the boss...well we both had moxi's rocket launcher from the gamestop pre-order level, which does near 20,000 damage after the rockets split(10,000 if you hit before the rocket splits)...so that hits for 40,000 damage when we both shot at the same time..WAY too much for level 24 characters...anyway, the first stage of the boss we killed it in one shot each...not something you were suppose to do..so the boss just floated up there frozen...after waiting a few minutes we quit and then loaded up..the stupid checkpoint is at the start of the level...and all the doors would not open because they are triggered by enemies... fortunately after waiting about 5 minutes on each door, the enemies finally spawned...and we got back and beat the boss.
Old 09-28-12, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 241 Likes on 174 Posts

Okay, I found how to fix this Do No Harm glitch.

Spoiler:
I just quit the game using the PS3 button don't click on Save and Quit. Restart the game you find that the misson still on go to HQ and wait for the cutscene you may have to close the door and enter. I got the cutscene on Tannis talk to her and completed the mission. Yay!!!
Old 09-28-12, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
They should have made it so everyone got their own loot or at least implemented a need / greed rolling system for anything blue / purple / orange. I tried a couple of multiplayer games with random people and it was just a race to see who could grab everything first.

I really wish they would make all the skin drops green. I really don't want to have to stop and jump out of my vehicle to see if the white item that dropped was a skin.

I feel your pain on that...which Is why I think the two-player co-op may be the best way. There is only so much you can carry yet still plenty for two to choose over. You'll still get plenty of points and best of all have backup when you go down.

I've got two characters going which are even basically and close to the same missions. But one friend I play with is going to stick to one player and has gone ahead level wise. I see sveral playing online but they're ahead as well. I might have to go with one character now but I was hoping to play two at the same time.
Old 09-28-12, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk God

is it possible to max out the badass points? Now that I have many of them above four percent and my choices are getting smaller and smaller
Old 09-28-12, 12:52 PM
gamer for life

The real key is if you have friends to play with. This game is amazing coop, maybe one of the best ever, as long as you have good friends to play with. The moment you play a good 3 hours with people who do not push you...share loot... and laugh with you at all the crazy shit going on, you will find it hard to go solo.
Old 09-28-12, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

^ Yep. It's just so much more full of an experience that way that the solo version is hollow by comparison. I'm sure once my group disbands, I'll find more to appreciate about playing with myself...
Old 09-28-12, 01:08 PM

Yeah, the game is great with friends. It would be even better though if you could hop into a game with random people and not have to worry about people hoarding loot. It reminds me of D2 where you have to pick up all the items then sort it out afterwards to see if you even want them.
Old 09-28-12, 02:38 PM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not like the inventory screen in this one.
Old 09-28-12, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wlj
I just discovered the "Trash" mechanism the other night and it has made a world of difference.
Old 09-28-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wlj
by biggest issue is i wish they grouped it by weapons/mods/grenades so it's easier to find. i hate having to scroll through to the bottom for mods/grenades/shields.
Old 09-28-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You can sort with the triggers.
Old 09-28-12, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
so is there really no way to do all the side quest your first run? I keep hearing you can't do Terramorphous until level 50...
It's just like the first game in that your character can exist across both playthroughs. You can start New Game + (called "True Vault Hunter Mode" in this game for good reason), level up and do whatever else, then bring that same character back to the first playthrough with all your new equipment. Also of note is that there's no third playthrough this time around. The game design seems to really encourage the use of multiple characters.

Originally Posted by Deftones
is it possible to max out the badass points? Now that I have many of them above four percent and my choices are getting smaller and smaller
Badass points are infinite. The percentages added will shrink each time, but they stop decreasing after you get to a +0.4% increase for a particular stat (I forget where that is, exactly -- somewhere around 4-5%). The choices that come up are supposed to be a completely random selection of the available options.
Old 09-28-12, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by pinata242
You can sort with the triggers.
orly have to try that. thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.