Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Borderlands 2: "xbox360/ps3/pc" -2012

Originally Posted by dom56
The Grog Nozzle which is a mission gun that Claptrap give you in the new DLC is one freaking gun to use. Shoot it until you get drunk, you see the word [hiccup] on screen, swtich to another gun like the Norfleet or the Harold Unkempt and it get multiplier pellet plus 65% healing. The downside is you lose accurancy cause you're drunk but it still a good gun to use for raid bosses. If you want to keep this gun don't turn in the mission, if you do you loose the gun for good.
Does it make you drunk in real life too?
Old 07-22-13, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 214 Likes on 187 Posts

New Borderlands 2 DLC, Level Cap Increase Coming This Fall
New missions and challenges on the way, plus a new level cap of 72.

During a panel at PAX Australia today, Gearbox confirmed that the level cap for Borderlands 2 will be raised by 11 levels to 72 this fall, plus new missions and raid bosses will be coming as additional DLC packs.

The level cap increase will come along with the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge, which will be released for $5.00 before the end of October. The Digistruct Peak Challenge is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge) to earn new loot. An upcoming free update will also add additional backpack, ammo and bank slots.

Gearbox will also release multiple “Headhunter” packs offering new missions and unique themed boss fights. The first mission will be T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest, bringing back the character last seen in Borderlands 1’s Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC. Zombie T.K. Baha will send players to fight Jaques O’Lantern, a giant pumpkin boss who will give new character customizations as a reward for being beaten. Multiple headhunter packs are coming in the future (at least two and possibly three), but no specific pricing or release dates have been announced.

All new DLC is separate from the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, which concluded last month with the release of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep.

Gearbox will also be releasing more character heads and skins later this year, which will arrive "within two or three weeks," including a set of themed heads related to Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep.

Today’s news confirms a tease from Gearbox head Randy Pitchford earlier this month, and Gearbox promises that more details will be revealed in the coming weeks. Gearbox will host its next Community Day for fans on September 14th (and will stream it online), so expect more details by then.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...ming-this-fall
Old 07-22-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 450 Likes on 315 Posts

Sweet, bring on more missions, though I don't care much for raid bosses, since I play alone.

Just beat the last DLC couple weeks ago; it was good fun. Nice varied locations and enemies, funny dialog, etc. Though towards the end, it got a little relentless and a bit much the way the levels got more boring and how they just threw throngs of enemies at you - got a bit much. But it was still the best DLC.
Old 07-22-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

Still haven't played the Tina DLC. Loved the core game, but man the first 3 DLCs bummed me out and killed some of my interest in maxing out my gal. Having so many raid bosses is annoying as well, for someone who plays single player.
Old 07-22-13, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I played the Tina DLC online with a buddy, and it is BY FAR the best of the DLCs for the game and was (for me at least) the best Borderlands of any variety since the General Knoxx DLC.

I didn't see anything too interesting in the way of drops, but the fighting was easily the most chaotic I've seen in Borderlands, and the entire premise was entertaining and well executed. I'm not sure it would have been as much fun in single player, as it really does get crazy, and there were a lot of revives involved. Granted, we were playing a bit reckless as we were both playing sirens with the phase revive skill.

Anyway, highly recommended.

Note: We played right at level 50, and enemies were usually in the 51-53 range, which is probably part of what made it a bit difficult. I'd recommend playing it that way if you have more than one player, but if you're going solo, I'd level up to about 53-54.
Old 07-22-13, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have the fixed the problems with the last update? I haven't played since just before the update cuz I don't want to lose anything I gained from my playthroughs. Been missing out on gold keys the last few months.
Old 07-22-13, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, that's another thing. I've had my gold keys wiped at least 3 times. Probably 75-100 keys gone. So I just gave up on entering codes.
Old 07-22-13, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gideon68
Have the fixed the problems with the last update? I haven't played since just before the update cuz I don't want to lose anything I gained from my playthroughs. Been missing out on gold keys the last few months.
My wife just lost her golden keys about a week ago. She e-mailed Gearbox and they had everything back to her within 2 days.
Old 07-22-13, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by atxbomber
My wife just lost her golden keys about a week ago. She e-mailed Gearbox and they had everything back to her within 2 days.
Great, but it's just not the Gold Keys. There was some other things that reset and gone missing that could not get back as far as I've read. Don't want to lose the special skins and weapons like the Valentine's Day stuff.
Old 08-27-13, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 214 Likes on 187 Posts

New Borderlands 2 Level Cap Out Next Week
Get ready to play up to level 72.

Gearbox has announced that Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 -- which raises Borderlands 2’s level cap to 72 -- will be out next week, on September 3rd.

As Gearbox announced in July, the pack will be available for $5 and also includes the Digistruct Peak Challenge, which offers an hour-long mission as well as the chance to fight a wide variety of different Borderlands 2 enemies.

Players will be able to set Digistruct Peak to various “Overpower” levels, which will affect both enemy levels and the level of loot dropped. Eight different Overpower levels can be unlocked, with the highest level offering enemies at level 80 and above, but also allowing players to use equipment at the same level. According to Gearbox, the Overpower system is meant to allow players to enjoy the game at a higher level without raising the level cap so high that players can maximize every skill tree in the core game.

While the Digistruct Peak Challenge is out next week, players can also look forward to three “Headhunter” DLC packs coming before the end of the year. As Gearbox previously revealed, these will be themed packs that offer new missions and boss fights. The first pack, TK Baha’s Bloody Harvest, will offer a fight with the Pumpkin Kingpin and is due out on Halloween. Two more packs will follow.

Look out for impressions of the new Borderlands 2 content coming next week, including new details from Gearbox’s Inside Gearbox panel at PAX on Monday.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...-out-next-week
Old 08-27-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't understand the logic behind intentionally offering leveling beyond the "cap" but calling it "over-leveling" just to not give those extra 8 skill points.

In order to get all three final skills, you'd need to reach level 5+26+26+26 = 83 anyway. I really don't understand the negative aspect of allowing users to use everything at once. Besides, we'd still be 11 levels away from that without over-leveling and even if they gave those last 8 skill points, we'd still be falling short.

Just seems like a silly thing to almost allow.
Old 08-27-13, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't a couple of the classes have skill tree peaks that negate each other anyway? I know the siren does.

Anyway, I don't hear anything too compelling there...think I'm good with level 61 and UVHM. If they were going to release a DLC that was pretty much just a level cap, they should have done it before UVHM rather than after. I might have bitten then.
Old 08-27-13, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,246 Likes on 4,267 Posts

I've been trying to download Dragon's Keep with the Season Pass I bought. It seems that the only way to do it is from the main menu, going to Downloadable Content, selecting it and then waiting. It doesn't seem to download in the background at all. Am I doing something wrong or is that really the only way to get that content onto my 360 HDD?
Old 08-27-13, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Have you tried to download from the Marketplace? I have the PS3 version and download it from the PSN store and had no problem. Might want to tried that.
Old 08-27-13, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chess
Don't a couple of the classes have skill tree peaks that negate each other anyway? I know the siren does.

Anyway, I don't hear anything too compelling there...think I'm good with level 61 and UVHM. If they were going to release a DLC that was pretty much just a level cap, they should have done it before UVHM rather than after. I might have bitten then.
Don't know what you're talking about with the Siren's mutually exclusive skills.

I do know that my Commando has dual, double turrets already and I sure would like each one to release a nuclear explosion.

Even if some character's skills negate each other, you could always spend those points in other ways or not at all. Point still stands for the non-negating characters and skills.
Old 08-27-13, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 450 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I've been trying to download Dragon's Keep with the Season Pass I bought. It seems that the only way to do it is from the main menu, going to Downloadable Content, selecting it and then waiting. It doesn't seem to download in the background at all. Am I doing something wrong or is that really the only way to get that content onto my 360 HDD?
No, what you should do is once it starts to download from the Borderlands2 menu, quit, go to the Xbox dashboard, and it should be on your list of previous downloads. From there you can download it in the background or with your Xbox "off".
Old 08-27-13, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by dom56
Have you tried to download from the Marketplace? I have the PS3 version and download it from the PSN store and had no problem. Might want to tried that.
Yeah, that doesn't work since I purchased the Season Pass. The single items never show as owned in the Marketplace.
The cynic in me suspects that's likely just in hopes of someone actually buying the same content twice by accident
Originally Posted by slop101
No, what you should do is once it starts to download from the Borderlands2 menu, quit, go to the Xbox dashboard, and it should be on your list of previous downloads. From there you can download it in the background or with your Xbox "off".
Sure enough, it does show up on my download queue. Thanks!
That was certainly intuitive.
Old 08-27-13, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a lot of trouble with the season pass. I'll download all the DLC and then a few days later its doesn't show up. Its still on the hd but the game thinks its missing. So I have to delete everything, then redownload it all again. Then again a few days later no dice. Gearbox says my MS profile is corrupted. MS says thats BS. So I've given up on the game. Sad because its really great.
Old 08-28-13, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fuck yeah, GOTY edition out October 8th!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/28/466...g-this-october

Last edited by mattysemo247; 09-24-13 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-29-13, 10:59 PM

Well after finally downloading Tiny Tina's Dragon Keep, I got a chance to play it last night. Holy hell,it's hilarious. What a clever set-up for new DLC. It's a total delight, plus it's fun to revisit the original characters some more. I really enjoyed my first couple of hours with it (and finding another use for iridium is a plus as well). That pack totally makes the Season Pass worthwhile (I was having my doubts after Capt Scarlet).
Old 08-30-13, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Gearbox release the new udpate. More storage space for backpack and bank. They finally fix that Warrior bug that players were complaining cause they couldn't get the legendary items that was under the Warrior body, Yay!!. They patch the Pirate treasure room glitch, so you can't farm in that room anymore. Bummer.
Old 09-28-13, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

So I'm planning to start new game with gaige. Can i start with one of the dlc packs? Or do i have to finish the main story first? Any dlc worth starting early in terms of gear?
Old 09-28-13, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
So I'm planning to start new game with gaige. Can i start with one of the dlc packs? Or do i have to finish the main story first? Any dlc worth starting early in terms of gear?
You can in theory start with the DLC. But you'd be killed instantly. The DLC packs all are geared for the player to be at Level 30+. You could put your new character into a split screen game with another character you have that's already ranked up and power boost her ranking that way.

But if you want to do it natural, you have to start with the main game, then play the DLC.
Old 10-09-13, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Gearbox is launching a global BL2 in game challenge. Prizes include in game weapons and real world prizes. You need to register on borderlands2loothunt.com. There is a daily challenge which acts as 1 entry in the contest. Contest runs 28(28 challenges) days and starts on Oct. 11.

Wonder if the challenges are scaled because I never maxed out my lone character. I kinda dropped the game after the 3rd DLC.
Old 10-09-13, 10:46 PM

If you're playing with a group, will the entire team be entered after the daily target is defeated or only the player who gets the last shot?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.